Query AD

Hy, there is some tools that i can use to query the active directory?
I need to know if users are members of some groups or not.
Thanks
Kentucky

0
aforino (59)

On 21 Nov 2006 05:56:58 -0800, "Kentucky" <aforino@libero.it> wrote:

>Hy, there is some tools that i can use to query the active directory?
>I need to know if users are members of some groups or not.
>Thanks
>Kentucky

ldp.exe (Windows Support Tools Download)
adfind (you can google that)

are two popular tools
0
adavid (8731)
11/21/2006 3:04:58 PM
On 21 Nov 2006 05:56:58 -0800, "Kentucky" <aforino@libero.it> wrote:

>Hy, there is some tools that i can use to query the active directory?
>I need to know if users are members of some groups or not.
>Thanks
>Kentucky

Oh and of course ADUC!
0
adavid (8731)
11/21/2006 3:05:18 PM
1. AD Users & Computers - Saved Queries feature (ADUC 2003 only)
2. CSVDE
3. LDIFDE
4. LDP.EXE
5. ADSI Script

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Kentucky" <aforino@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hy, there is some tools that i can use to query the active directory?
> I need to know if users are members of some groups or not.
> Thanks
> Kentucky

0
bharat3597 (1006)

AD trust routing issue
Hello all I have a two way transitive trust configured between two separate 2003 AD forests. ForestA has 3 AD sites, and each AD site has two DC's in it. ForestB has one AD site. From site1 in forestA I can ping the forestB by its FQDN and I can validate the trust. From site2 in forestA I cannot ping forestB by FQDN I get a request time out. I can however from site2 and site1 in forestA ping the FQDN of the DC in forestB, but I cant validate the trust from Adsite2, probably because I cant ping the FQDN of the forestB. The zone I have created for forestB is a stub zone. ...

formating Union Query
I have a Union Query that displays correct values but in an unformatted table. Is there any way I can format these fields (they are correctly formatted in the original queries) and also change the displayed field names ? Thank you ! Don't do formatting in tables or queries. Do the formatting in the form or report. As to changing displayed field names, create alias names like this: Select FooBah As Dinky The original table field is FooBah, but when displayed will say Dinky -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Rick Stahl" wrote: > I have a Union Query that disp...

MONSTER QUERY
Hi Guys, I need help with this. I needed to display all transactions in an outfit. So I designed a union query to combine all the transactions. The result worked, but only after a long lunch break so the query would open; it was that slow. So I decided to break the query into smaller bits and use them in sub-forms. I made a smaller union query combining cash donations (positive figures) with cash expenses as negative. When I used this union query to build another one so that I could retrieve the sum (or net) of the cash column, I got two records, one each for the donations and expenses. ...

Calculate error when one-to-many replationship is added
Hi everyone, Table 1 ItemId (primary key) ItemName ItemDescription Table 2 Bil ItemID Quantity Received Table 3 No ItemID Quantity In I Create a query for each of the tables. which sums Quantity Received, Quantity In, Quantity Out I create another query which will add the Items table (table 1) and the other 3 queries summing up the items, joining the 3 queries to the Items table by ItemID using Join 2 (show all the fields in TblItem) for each join. Add eg ItemID, Item Name from the Items table then, from the other 3 queries, SumOfQuantity Received, SumOfQuantity In, SumOfQuantity Out the ...

Adding Lotto to RMS
Hi everyone, Current have RMS 1.2. Have it setup in a Liquor store selling only single bottles. I want to add lotto instant scratch off games, what is the best way in doing this? I would like to have two register, one for lotto and the other for liquor. How would the z report be affected by this? Thank you in advance. Most Instants have bar code and can be setup as any other item. You can setup a separate department and category for instants, lottery i we set us weighted item so cashier presses L for lotto and than enters the amount. "PO" wrote: > H...

Removing a template added using VBA
I have added a template to a dynamically generated presentation by using the ApplyTemplate command. Now I cannot figure out how to remove the template from this presentation. I delete the added slide but when I run the code again (hoping to add my newly modified template) the old template is added, not the new one. This is frustrating because I am continually redesigning the template and need to test my changes. How do I remove this template? Is there a better way to design/develop with PowerPoint? Ok. Maybe I'm losing my mind. Now my problem is the exact opposite of befor...

adding "Notes" from my pst file to "My Notes"
Hi, I use Outlook 2003. While logged in as one of the profile, I accidently removed from "My Notes" one Notes folder from one of my pst file. How do I add that Notes folder back to the list of "My Notes" again? I could not find any way to configure "My Notes" option anywhere!! go to the folder list and fin the folder, right click and choose add to My Notes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickSta...

update query 01-11-08
I tried to use update query to update data that I didn't have prior to inputting the rest. I get the data whenever my supervisor can give it to me which is hours worked. I made a query with the criteria as null hours. When I change the query to update query the date and employee id fields ( which is part of the original query field) disappeared. It only left the worked hours field which I can't update because the date and employee id field disappears so I don't know who's hours or what date I am updating. Hi, it's always a good idea to have a backup of your data. You could...

Automatically adding info from other cells
I can't seem to do the following in Excel 2000 (or even if it's possible). Any advice?: A Workbook contains two worksheets, 'MyList' & 'Stations'. The 'Stations' Worksheet has three columns containing 170 rows of information. Column 'A' contains lists names of Underground stations, Column 'B' contains the station line information and Column 'C' contains the colour of the line. An example of the first ten rows is shown below. A B C 1 Knightsbridge Piccadilly Line Dark ...

Parameter queries that allow users to choose items from a list
Dear Access 2007 VBA Gurus, I have a "Worship Song" database. The tables are: tblWorshipSongs tblAuthorFirstNames tblAuthorLastNames tblCopyrightHolders tblKeys tblTempos tblSongThemes tblSongTypes I would like to create parameter queries that allow users to choose their parameter from a list, preferably the entries from one of the tables. For example, suppose I wanted to query all the songs by a particular author's last name. I don't just want users to type in a last name, in which case they might misspell it and return no records, or type in an entr...

email template should allow adding attachments
currently there is no way to add attchments to a template, which is a severe restriction ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=dece7711-7f8d-43b3-9d68-c6dc4a12ee...

update query help 07-14-10
sql 2000 i have three tables 1- create table mytab(id_no varchar(5), Counter smallint)) 2- create table Rectab(id_no varchar(5), refno smallint)) 3- create table Lib_tab(refno smallint) insert into mytab values(1,null) insert into mytab values(2,null) insert into mytab values(3,null) insert into mytab values(4,null) -- Rectab has duplicate values insert into Rectab values(1,1) insert into Rectab values(1,1) insert into Rectab values(1,2) insert into Rectab values(1,2) insert into Rectab values(1,2) insert into Rectab values(1,3) insert into Rectab values(2,1) ins...

adding option boxes
hi..im need 2 add 2 option buttons.. i have 2 cells containing 2 names...i need the buttons to select 1 cell over the other eg..i want to select the cell containg tom..and not the cell containg joe..or vice versa. hope that makes sence.lol.. and Thanks in Advance ...

How do I get a web query to auto-refresh before a pivot table aut.
I have html data stored on an intranet site that I want to auto-refresh when the user opens the Excel file. I then want a pivot table in the file to also auto-refresh. Excel is updating the pivot table before it's refreshing the data which is the reverse order of what I need. I can't figure out how I change the order of the auto tasks. Thanks. ...

Re: Formula in MS Query
Unfortunately the format command wiill not allow grouping of the dates, since time is appended with date in every field. You could import the Time field in its Date/Time format, then reformat the column in Excel (Format>Cells, Number tab -- Date category) Krish wrote: > I am trying to import external data into Excel spreadsheet. One of the > tables in the external data has a field "Time" for Date and time of > transaction. In MS query I inserted a new column with a new name and > inserted a formula Left(Filename.Time,11). The result came as "Dec 2,2003",...

Parameters ad reports
I've heard that parameters are supported in CRM 1.2 and Crystal 9. Anyone have sample code to run a report with a specified parameter? Thanks. Sebastiano + Alex ...

A/P and A/R SQL Query
We're running GP80 and I have some managment that is interested in a custom report that is not embedded inside of GP, hence no using the report writer. I have not had much experience digging around in the tables GP either. One of the items they are interested in is the total A/R and A/P outstanding as well as those same items aged 30 60 90 days. Ive been looking thru the tables in the database and am having some trouble getting a query together that matches what GP reports those values should. Basically what i am looking for is a query t hat will produce the Totals row that shows...

Adding a control line to excel chart without showing up in the leg
How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, or data table? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. -- thanks tweaver On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, TWeaver <TWeaver@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or >line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, >or data table? Single-click twice on the legend entry for the control line, and ...

Append Query problem
I have created an append query in vba code which is inside a For...Next loop. I create an SQL statement to find matching related records in one table, and then insert these matching records into a temporary table. I repeat for each value of unique primary key that is provided (in an array). The issue I have is that the append query only works for the first matching record, not the subsequent records. I have verified that correct SQL statements are generated during each iteration of the loop, but for some reason no inserts occur after the first one. The temp table is cleared at the beginning o...

Adding records to unbound subform
I'm using a main form with listbox to look up field selections from a master table of patient values and using that value (in this case it is the patient's location). I want to use a subform to display all the patients on that ward and allow entry of a new record in another table (tblClientTXEvents) for each patient through the subform, but I want to programmaticaly add each record to the subform with the nonchanging information already updated in the subform. The problem: I can't figure out how to add these records to the unbound subform. I can do it using a temporary ...

Coded Append Query doesn't append all info?
I have an append query that moves all of the records from one table to another and it works fine. However, in my form when I code the query to run, not all of the fields get moved. All of the records are there, but some of the fields aren't. Help???? Sorry, for got the code I am using. Dim strAppend as String strAppend = "Append" 'Name of Query DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.OpenQuery strAppend, acNormal, acEdit DoCmd.SetWarnings True "Bumbino" wrote: > I have an append query that moves all of the records from one table to > another and it works...

MX Records in AD
Does all of my Exchange Servers need to have an MX record in AD? I have 5 sites / locations - each with their own Exchange Server - one f them in the Gateway...which needs an MX record? Thx. On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:53:00 -0600, "JPM" <jpm@yahoo.com> wrote: >Does all of my Exchange Servers need to have an MX record in AD? > >I have 5 sites / locations - each with their own Exchange Server - one f >them in the Gateway...which needs an MX record? > >Thx. > No, you don't need any MX records in your internal DNS. The Exchange environment is self-a...

GETPIVOTDATA query
The formula below works. It gets the VAT value from the pivot table for TP = 1. GETPIVOTDATA($B$5,"TP['1'] VAT") Is there a way that I can reference the TP outside the formula - something like GETPIVOTDATA($B$5,"TP[' & A1 & '] VAT") so that I can choose which TP to see by changing the value in A1. Thanks Laurence Lombard Add some quotation marks, and it should work: =GETPIVOTDATA($B$8,"TP " & A1 & " VAT") It should work without the square brackets and single quotes around the number. Laurence Lombard wro...

Problem with updating connection string to embedded MS query
I have an Access 2007 db that allows the user to combine data from various sources and then updates queries embedded in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet. I update the connection string and the command text with the details of the path and database name and then refresh the queries, so it doesn't matter where the user puts the database or if they change the name. This all works on my local machine, no matter where I place the db and Excel template. However, over a network a type mismatch error is raised when the connection string is changed. In the same environment one person can...

Web Query #4
Thank you in advance for any help provided to the subject question. I am operating Excel 2003. A data query has been established to pull investment data from finance.yahoo.com (i.e. stock volume, % ownership of management, etc.). The query works fine and pulls approximately 50 values from the webpage. My questions is this: If I have a list of 100 stock symbols how can I link that list to the web based data query to automatically insert each symbol into the data query individually and then dump that data automatically to another worksheet within the same workbook. Should I use a ma...