pull mail from another server

We are in the process of migrating from a Linux Postfix server to an
exchange 2003 server. Is it possiable to have individual exchange user
accounts pull mail from there coorsponding postfix mailbox?

Thanks

0
paulded (3)

Download mail to Personal Folders Outlook using POP3, then create new mail
profile on client with Exchange option and open those Personal Folders.

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)
9/4/2005 3:05:31 AM
I have alot of users using EUDORA and I don't want to have to configure each
client.
I want to try to do something just between the exchange server and the
postfix server.

Thanks

"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> Download mail to Personal Folders Outlook using POP3, then create new mail
> profile on client with Exchange option and open those Personal Folders.
>
> Paul wrote:
>
>> We are in the process of migrating from a Linux Postfix server to an
>> exchange 2003 server. Is it possiable to have individual exchange user
>> accounts pull mail from there coorsponding postfix mailbox?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> --
> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.
>
> Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
paulded (3)
9/5/2005 12:39:54 PM

In news:el1MtbhsFHA.788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Paul <paulded@nospamcharter.net> typed:
> I have alot of users using EUDORA and I don't want to have to
> configure each client.

Well, how are they going to connect to the Exchange server? OWA?

> I want to try to do something just between the exchange server and the
> postfix server.

Hmmm...even if you got a POP connector (which I don't recommend) it wouldn't
do anything other than get mail from the Inbox on the other server -
wouldn't help you migrate anything else. Not sure if that's what you're
asking to do. What is your actual goal?

> Thanks
>

> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
>> Download mail to Personal Folders Outlook using POP3, then create
>> new mail profile on client with Exchange option and open those
>> Personal Folders. Paul wrote:
>>
>>> We are in the process of migrating from a Linux Postfix server to an
>>> exchange 2003 server. Is it possiable to have individual exchange
>>> user accounts pull mail from there coorsponding postfix mailbox?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.
>>
>> Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
lanwench (7567)
9/5/2005 4:37:10 PM
both the OWA and outlook desktop client

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:el1MtbhsFHA.788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> Paul <paulded@nospamcharter.net> typed:
>> I have alot of users using EUDORA and I don't want to have to
>> configure each client.
>
> Well, how are they going to connect to the Exchange server? OWA?
>
>> I want to try to do something just between the exchange server and the
>> postfix server.
>
> Hmmm...even if you got a POP connector (which I don't recommend) it
> wouldn't do anything other than get mail from the Inbox on the other
> server - wouldn't help you migrate anything else. Not sure if that's what
> you're asking to do. What is your actual goal?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
>>> Download mail to Personal Folders Outlook using POP3, then create
>>> new mail profile on client with Exchange option and open those

>>> --
>>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.
>>>
>>> Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
paulded (3)
9/5/2005 11:31:25 PM
See if you can find anything usefull at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/interopmig.mspx

Paul wrote:

> both the OWA and outlook desktop client
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message
> >

> > In news:el1MtbhsFHA.788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> > Paul <paulded@nospamcharter.net> typed:
> >> I have alot of users using EUDORA and I don't want to have to
> >> configure each client.
> >
> > Well, how are they going to connect to the Exchange server? OWA?
> >
> >> I want to try to do something just between the exchange server and the
> >> postfix server.
> >
> > Hmmm...even if you got a POP connector (which I don't recommend) it
> > wouldn't do anything other than get mail from the Inbox on the other
> > server - wouldn't help you migrate anything else. Not sure if that's what
> > you're asking to do. What is your actual goal?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> >> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)

Send data from one form to another
Hi All, I want to know if it,s possible to send data from 1 form to another totally unrelated form. The situation I have it one form is my MRP requirments. I want to open another form PURCHASE ORDER (PO). I was wanting to add a button to the MRP form that would send the data to the PO form. The MRP form may change to multiple items and then add these different items to the same PO. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this or if it can even be done. -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.as...

e-mails being read as soon as it's downloaded
Hi, Server: Windows 2003, Exchange Server 2003 Workstation: Windows XP, Outlook 2003 I have a user that when downloading his e-mails in the morning, half to three quarters of his e-mails are read (not bolded). He picks up his e-mails (from Exchange) like all other 35 users and he's the only one that's having this problem. Any help is appreciated, Thanks. Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote: > Server: Windows 2003, Exchange Server 2003 > Workstation: Windows XP, Outlook 2003 > > I have a user that when downloading his e-mails in the morning, half &...

Migration SBS 2003 to MS Server 2008 R2 / Exchange 2010
Can anyone detail out the steps to migrate MS SBS 2003 to MS 2008 Standard R2? Domain controller will be a separate server from Exchange. Thank you! There are lots of ways to do this.... How many users? Branch offices? Any 2008 servers already in the mix? - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Can anyone detail out the steps to migrate MS SBS 2003 to MS 2008 > Standard R2? > > Domain controller will be a separate server from Exchange. > > Thank you! > ...

Test--Ignore this mail

chart disappears after inserting another chart into slide
When i tried to insert another chart from excel to my powerpoint slide, (using copy & paste function), the other chart that was already in the slide disappears and I can't find it anywhere in my powerpoint... How do i search for it or rather why does this happen? I guess you're using PPT 2002 (also known as PPT XP) and you have this Autolayout feature turned on. I think it's in Tools | Autocorrect, but I can't check it right now to be sure. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing ...

Currrent date from server
Access XP. The main date entry in the F/E file contains a date field where the user type today's date. Management wanted the date to show automatically. No problem I used date() and locked the box. The problem is that the user can change the date in his/her computer, therefore the date changes in the records. Since the date in the server cannot be changed by the users, is there a way to pass the server's date to date field? Thanx. Do you have user-level security enabled and access to that table locked tightly down? If not, there's nothing to stop the users from changing th...

Add a Second Exchange Server
If I want to install a second exchange 2000 server (or 2003) can I just install it normally and then in the event that we lose our primary server (server A) can I take the most recent clean shutdown edb and stm files and mount them to the second server and then have the clients re-point their profiles to server B? Thanks! Hello, Actually the Active Directory will still have them pointing to the old server. You would have to run exchange tasks and remove exchange attributes and then reconnect them through Exchange System Manager to the mailboxes on the new server. They then would...

delay in external e-mail
When using Outlook 2000, I am having problems receiving external e-mail. E-mail is not delivered unless I close Outlook and re-open. Today I closed Outlook and re-opened ~1:30 p.m. to discover several e-mails sent in the a.m. It is sporadic and is only happening to a couple of people. Has anyone had this problem? HR in MS wrote: > When using Outlook 2000, I am having problems receiving external > e-mail. E-mail is not delivered unless I close Outlook and re-open. > Today I closed Outlook and re-opened ~1:30 p.m. to discover several > e-mails sent in the a.m. It is sporadic...

ActiveSync: E-Mails cannot be synchronized (0x86000108)
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003. Our clients use also ActiveSync by using their Pocket PCs. Active Sync works well for all users except one. He uses Qtek 9100 Pocket PC (ActiveSync 4.1 + Windows Mobile 2005). He can syncronize all items such as contacts, calendar, etc. with his Pocket PC. But cannot synchronize e-mails!!! First, the Pocket PC shows how many e-mails there are to synchronize. Then it stops the synchronizing and gives the following error back: "Activesync encountered a problem on the desktop support code: 86000108" There is no error protocol on the server side. ...

Send mail problem #2
POsted this in outlook.general with no response so will try this group. APologies for the cross post but I am still unable to resolve this issue. W2K Pro will all patches and updates. Had Outlook running fine for a long time strictly for internet email at home. Worked on getting a VPN connection through our firewall at work. The VPN connection did work but I was unable to get my outlook to pull mail from our server once I reconfigured Outlook for Exchange. Uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled. Configured for my internet account only and now it will not send mail at all. The server properties...

Problem sending mail in office 2007 and windows7
Hi, I have a word template which in autonew makes a mail merge and sends e-mail. This have worked fine but now one of my customers have updated to windows7 and office 2007 and suddenly no mail is sent. I have other customers running XP and office 2007 were it works fine. But for this client the question from outlook is raised asking if its OK to send mail from an other application but no mail is sent. The code: Sub Autonew() Dim SQL_sats As String Registry_Path = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The company\Directories" Registry_Key = "CustDocs" Fo...

display textfile at server side..
In a client server system, the client's job is generating a random number and save it in a text file ( at the server side). Meanwhile, the server's job is display the text file when meet some condition at the client side. How can i code in the way that asking the server to show the text file ? And do i need to install any related software at the server side? Hope can get the solution soon cause my project is running out of time.. thanks p/s: i dont have any experience at client server system First of all, the scenario itself isn't complete. Does the server needs to send comple...

Get time from a remote server with PowerShell v2
Hi all, I'm looking for a way to obtain the time from a remote server. I wanted to use Get-Date but this doesnt seem to have any options for remote computers so I'm using WMI Win32_LocalTime option like this: $hour = Get-WmiObject Win32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Hour $minute = Get-WmiObject Win32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Minute $second = Get-WmiObject Wind32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Second However this returns values in the form of (for example): @{Hour=16}...

Incoming mail breaks
Hi folks, Help! We're working on a problem with a client's Exchange server and thought you guys might have some notions to share or could pass us along to someone who does. Here's the big picture: this Exchange 2003 server on a Server 2003 domain controller has a problem with incoming mail breaking. We can reboot the server and see that the Exchange services seem to start, but incoming mail does not work. We can restart the Exchange Information Store service and sometimes that will fix the problem. If it doesn't, restarting the SMTP Virtual Server seems to make...

don't want windows live mail as my default email account
I don't want windows live mail as my default email account. I wen to Set Default Programs. I'm unable to uncheck marks on MAIL-TO PROTOCOL and EMAIL-LINK START MENU LINK. Please advise how can I fix that through REGEDIT. Thanks. Anita -- akaits Hello Akaits, If you are wanting to set "Windows Mail" back as your default program, then this should be able to help you to. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83185-windows-mail-default-associations.html Hope this helps, Shawn akaits;1222059 Wrote: > I don't want windows live mail as my default...

Please help Sync problem: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002
Since two weeks ago each time I try to sync my messages in Windows Live Mail with my Hotmail account I get the following error: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (XXXXXXX) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 ...

server connection
I have been trying for some time to move my email from another account to windows live mail, and my efforts have been unsuccessful. I keep getting an error 'unable to connect to server' or 'you don't have a windows hotmail account' I have signed up for the windows hotmail account twice, and do have it but it still will not retrieve my email from my other account. -- Kathy Please tell us who provides your email accounts. Hotmail and ???? -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Kathy&quo...

Unable to book resource via server
I'm posting this in the server forum since I think it's a server issue and not a client issue. When someone created a meeting with a resource it says the server must be online to do this. We just moved from a Exch2000 server to a Exch2003 server. If the Exch2000 server is "down" it will not work, once it's back up.. it allows the meeting to get assigned. What am I missing that I haven't moved to the new exchange server? Thanks AlbertP Did you replicate the System Public Folders to the 2003 server? Specifically the Free/Busy public folder? what do you have ...

ISA 2004 as Caching Server Only
Can I safely disable the firewall service and will ISA 2004 still act as a caching server? i used the caching template already... "Gabe Matteson" <gmatteson@inquery.nospam.biz> wrote in message news:%231sRaR9kGHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can I safely disable the firewall service and will ISA 2004 still act as a > caching server? > No. ISA still uses the Firewall Service to protect itself even though Clients cannot use it. -- Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA] www.wandtv.com "Gabe Matteson" <gmatteson@inquery.nospam.biz> wrote in m...

"unread mail" folder
I recently lost the folder called "unread mail". This folder was always in the "favorite folder" pane in the upper left corner. I tried dragging "unread mail", from "Search Folders", but it does not collect my unread mail in one folder. I have many personal folders with corresponding rules to deposit new mail in the folder I have designated. But, now I have to go from each highlighted folder to read all of my new mail. How do I restore the "unread mail" folder. The "unread mail" from "Search Folders" does not collect ...

I can't see the folder(Folder Container) in exchange server manage
I have four administrative groups (four sites), these sites are in different places, all of them are over Echange server Standard 2000. These server were migrated of exchange server 5.5. My problem is that i can't see the folder container in the console manager, in that way i can't access to the others options (view system folder) I install another Exchange server in order to prove this problem, but in this case the folder container were displayed. I hope your help. Thanks. ...

Window pops up on new mail
Outlook 2002 When new mail arrives to the inbox/deleted items, Outlook will become the new 'front' program. In other words if i have I.E. open Outlook takes it's place. How to stop? do you have the latest service packs? does the whole program take focus or just the alert dialog? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/...

WSAEWOULDBLOCK second time I connect to the server?
Hello! I'm using CAsyncSocket to connect to a server (running on a linux system). The first time I connect everything works perfectly, but the second time I get an WSAEWOULDBLOCK error and everything halts I'm guessing that when I ended the session I did something wrong and the server is still processing my session some code snippets: ----- class meAsyncSocket : public CAsyncSocket // init sockets and connect AfxSocketInit(NULL); if(!m_pSocket) { m_pSocket = new meAsyncSocket(this->GetSafeHwnd()); brc = m_pSocket->Create(/*m_hostport*/); if(!brc) { return ShowError1(m_p...

Macro to move mail item
Public Sub movetosave() Ok, I posted a little while ago about a rule to move mail items and I've kind of given up on that and am trying something else. I'm trying to write VB code to use as a macro and don't know what I'm doing. This is what I've been able to come up with from picking through the help info and all I get is an error message that says 'object required'. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? thanks Public Sub mocetosave() Set myNameSpace = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set myFolder = myNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(6) Set ...

1st I read mail from my Inbox, then I can jot a note & a rule file
This is a suggestion, this feature may already exist in newer versions, I am using Office 2003. I like creating rules for Outlook e-mail so they go into folders but I tend not to read many of the ones for which I have created rules, they just go into the folders and then get old before I get around to reading them. What I'd like better is have all the emails initially come into my Inbox, read them from there, and then I can be given an option for Outlook to file the e-mail in an e-mail folder using a previously created or newly created rule. It should also give me an option t...