Public store restore to different Storage Group

Is it possible to do a restore of a Public Folder store to a different
Storage Group on the same server ?

I want to recover some deleted items, but don't want to overwrite/unmount
the same store on my production server. I just want to pick up some items
from the restore. Just like the Recorvery Storage Group for Private Stores.
Or can I only restore the Public Store to another server ?

Greetz
rwillkomm@ortec.nl

0
rwillkomm (28)

Copy pages from previous publications
I'm creating a 32 page document for a marching band program. Some of the pages, including the cover, will be re-used from last year's publication. I created this on Publisher 2003 and am using the same this year. I can't figure out how to move the needed pages from last year's publication to the current project. I'm not giving up my day job! Thanks in advance for any help. Band Mom wrote: > I'm creating a 32 page document for a marching band program. Some of > the pages, including the cover, will be re-used from last year's > publication. I created thi...

Microsoft Office will not print a previous publication
I did a postcard last time and now I'm trying to make more copies and the box pops up saying Microsoft can not complete the project. ...

We can't use a public folder, we can see it?
I have created a Group mailing folder in 'All public folders', set the permissions for my colleagues. they can see the folder on the navigation page, but cannot see it in the list when they create a new email, why? We are using 2007. Is this a Contacts folder? You'll have to add it to your Public Folder Favorites first. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/292 After that, you can configure the properties of the Contacts folder to show as an Outlook Address Book. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Form Restore Problem
Hi All, hope someone can help me with a problem I haven't been able tofigure out or research the answer for. I have created "restore" and"maximize" functions for my forms in previous databases and they workgreat, but for some reason they are not working correctly in adatabase I am now working on. In the "Activate" event of the forms, Ihave used the following code, DoCmd.Restore. When I pull up the formin the database, it restores correctly, but when I call up the formthrough the Switchboard, it always maximizes. As to the Switchboard,I have checked the cod...

store external db password in a linked table
Hi All, I have an access file which linked with an orcale database. Each time when i query the file, I need to enter the id, pw & server name. Is there a way to store my login information into access so that I dont need to login everytime? Thank you very much!! ...

Prevent user from sending mail to specific groups in Exchange 2003
Hello all I want to be able to prevent a user from sending and receiving mail to a large amount of users in the same Exchange system. However I still want the user to be able to send and receive from some users in the Exchange system. Any ides? J Your message is somewhat vague. But if you are actually talking about DL's, you can set restrictions on them from the General tab of the DL in ADUC. <jpeckis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145970266.749067.249030@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello all > > I want to be able to prevent a user from sending and recei...

Colour Grouping of Columns
Excel 97 Is there a way to colour the columns in a chart depending on their numerical range. For example: Say we have a series of values from 0 through 100 represented in the column chart. I would like 0-25 to be one colour, 26-50 to be another, etc etc. Is this possible? Any advice gratefully appreciated. WSF WSF, Yes, you can do so by setting up various ranges with IF statements and multiple culumns. Please see Jon Peltier's discussions on conditional charting: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalC...

Visible Description of appts in Group Schedules
I'm pretty new to Outlook, so please bear with me. I've noticed that when making a group appointment or when viewing a group schedule, some people's activities have a description written on them (usually the title of their event/appointment). Other people show only the blue/purple/whatever color bars. How do I make these descriptions visible/invisible to others in the group schedules? Thanks! On Jun 28, 3:34 pm, gottalearnsometime <notha...@aol.com> wrote: > I'm pretty new to Outlook, so please bear with me. > > I've noticed that when making a group ...

SmartList Builder--Row Totals and Grouping?
Hello: As we all know, tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports can be used to group say rows of sales amounts for invoices by customer. In that scenario, you can create a total amount of sales per customer. I'm pretty sure that SmartList Builder cannot conduct such group totals. Am I right or am I overlooking something? I know that there is the Summary SmartList feature and I experimented with it. But, that really did not show any sort of "summary totals". It just does things such as show number of customers per city or something like that. S...

Move contacts to public folder
Using SBS2003, I'm looking for a way to move contacts from a private to a public folder, and some references say it can't be done. That's hard to believe though, and it would be bad news for the user who just spent a few days entering contacts into a private folder. I tried sharing the private folders, but she created several private contact folders, but after setting share permissions on all of them only the original contact folder is visible to the other users. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. -- Reply in group, but if emailing add another zero, and remove the last w...

Audiodg.exe slowing down restore point creation on updates.
Checked performance and saw huge memory usage. Googled audiodg.exe and found suggestion to disable sound enhancements. Waiting for restart to disable same noticing long shutdown (probably creating another restore point). Wondering how much disk these restore points are using? On 1/13/10, Questor posted: > Checked performance and saw huge memory usage. Googled audiodg.exe and found > suggestion to disable sound enhancements. Waiting for restart to disable > same noticing long shutdown (probably creating another restore point). > Wondering how much disk these ...

Grouping dates by month and year
I have a spreadsheet with a range of dates in one column, and a list of statuses in the next (basically it is a list of orders, which are either open or closed). I want to create a list of open orders broken down by month. i.e. Some kind of array formula which goes down A1:A200 looks for any from say March 2010, then looks to B1:B200 for those marked as =91Open=92, and returns a count. It=92s been an age since I=92ve taxed my brain with this kind of stuff (been out of work) and I=92m sure this is probably quite easy. However, I=92ve falling at the first hurdle, trying to find a function to ...

Login Failed after removing user from Local Admin Group
I am in the process of removing users from the local administrator group on their computer. We have a user currently working fine but when we remove him from the local admin group he can not login. No user can login except for sa. If we try from a different machine which he is not a local admin it works fine. It only fails on the machine he was initially working on. If I put him back in the admin group he works fine. At first I thought it was a rights issue on the local drive but I gave his user account full rights to the c drive and made sure it propogated through the entire drive. I a...

mailbox store won't load
On an Exchange 2000 server, I cannot get the Mailbox store to mount. I tells me the following: An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchang System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, o both. ID no: c1041724 Exchange Systems Manager I have done both of these things numerous times. Restarted the server which has planty of drive space, the Exchange database is only abou 3.5gb, my AV scanner isn't touching it, and I've stopped and starte every service having to do with Exchange. Kind of at a loss. Items in the Event Viewer point to the ...

Replicated Public Folders now posts not mails
We have recently succesfully installed a replacement exchange server, however all the mail eabled public folders are showing all new mail in as a post rather than an e-mail? This is not really any good for us so was wondering if anyone has any ideas how we can get the folders back to showing new mail as normal e-mails? NB. The folders were replicated from the original server and then removed. There is now only one exchange 2003 sp2 server running on windows 2003 member server sp1. All help much appreciated. Cheers Rich On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:26:25 +0100, <Centra@newsgroups.nos...

Unable to update public free/busy data
A user recently had Office XP installed with Service Patch 1 installed. We run Exchange 5.5 with up to date patches applied. There are a number of other users with same Office XP installation that are not experiencing any problems, however this one user, sometimes several times during the day, receives the pop up Outlook message "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation Failed". It does not appear to be affecting day-to-day operations. There is no pattern to when the message pops up. Outlook is open all day, and the user moves between other Office applications,...

How to create a new Administrative Group to archive mailboxes
I read recently that a user created a second Administrative group to store his archived mailboxes. I think this is a great idea, however as a newbie I'm not sure of the best way to go about doing this. I've been able to create the group, but I'm sure there are best practices on what servers to put there and why. Has anyone done this before? -- Sandy Wood Orange County District Attorney you don't store anything in an administrative group...AGs contain mailbox stores...I don't know why anyone would want to move unused/disabled mailboxes to another mailbox store...is tha...

Problem copying large file on USB storage...
Hello, I'm working on Windows CE 5.0 and I have the following problem : I insert a USB storage device in the USB port and I try to copy a large file (about 5MB) from NAND Flash to USB storage device. The copy started but sometimes it doesn't finish. The OS doesn't show a copy error but I see that the file there isn't on the USB storage. This problem there isn't with small files (about KB). Any idea or suggestion ? Thanks in advance, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer > Any idea or suggestion ? Hi Paolo, Does the USB host drive...

Protection / Grouping
Is there any option that I can select when protecting a worksheet that will allow the user to still use the outlining buttons? Paul Smith I am using XL 2003 for this project. "Paul W Smith" <pws@NOSPAM.twelve.me.uk> wrote in message news:u6dlN8dzKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there any option that I can select when protecting a worksheet that > will allow the user to still use the outlining buttons? > > Paul Smith > > If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (au...

Restore parallel copy of Exchange DB?
This may more properly belong on a Backup Exec forum, but since it involves an Exchange system restore, and I don't know if it is backup or e-mail specific. I am starting here. This is an Exchange 2000 as part of SBS 2000. Using Veritas BE 9.0. I gave up using brick-level backups some time back due to nightly backup jobs running into next day's working hours. It was apparently not the sheer size of the message store, but the number of messages (too many jokes & chitchat not getting deleted, I think). A user left last week, and I dutifully archived his mailbox to a PST file...

emailing to a group
When emailing to several entities w/in a group, how can I block all names so they will not display on each entity that receives email? Tnx ...

REPOST
Can anyone explain or point me to a link with information on why the MAPI Public Folder tree is "homed" to a specific Admin Group (First)? I am now in Exchange Native mode and it hasn't allowed me to segment the PF hierarchy between admin groups. I am very curious why in 5.5 sites had their own PF hierarchies but Admin Groups now do not. I had planned on multiple Admin Groups managing their own MAPI public folders so this throws a serious monkey wrench in the admin delegation design. Any advice/help is much appreciated! ...

Taskbar Envelope for Different Folders
Hi All, I have a POP email address downloading to the standard Inbox Folder (Gmail), the boring stuff is then filtered in Outlook to various other folders such as mailing list subscriptions. The important email stays in Inbox. The question is : can I do something with the envelope in the taskbar to distinguish which folder the new mail is in, for example a different colour for new messages in Inbox? I dont mind what the solution is - just something where I can look at my PC and see if I have new 'important' mail or not (ie stuff in the Inbox). Many Thanks Oliver SYSTEM: ...

Mail Enabled Universal Security Groups?
Need some expert clarification.... Situation: 1. Exchange Admin Guide recommends that Distribution Lists be setup as Universal to ensure that membership is resolved throughout the multi-domain environment (we have 3 domains). 2. Windows 2003 Admin Guide recommends that Universal Security Groups change infrequently because the entire group membership is re-replicated to all GC's everytime there is a change. They further state, you should use a Global Group for the Users and nest it in the Universal. I have a situation where it would be ideal to have several mail-enabled Universa...

Exchange 2003 mailbox store limits are not working
I set up a mailbox size limit in the properties of the mailbox store on my microsoft exchange 2003 server that dictates users beyond the limit are prevented from sending mail. Users with twice that much mail can still send. Although they receive the warnings o.k. they are not prevented from sending...does someone know what is wrong or what can be done to fix? -- Scott Network Administrator Michigan Have you verified that the user property page Exchange General --> Storage Limits --> "Use mailbox store defaults" is checked for all user's who you want to apply the...