Public Store Age Limits

I installed SBS 2003 Standard Edition. I moved public folders from an
old Exchange 5.5 server to a .pst file and then from that .pst file
into the public store of this 2003 Exchange server. Exchange set the
Age limits of all these folders to 7 days. So all the e-mails from
over 7 days ago are gone from all the folders with the Public store.
In system manager, servers, server name, first storage group, public
folder store, public folder instances, it shows as a title bar removed
older than and the date of 2/10/2004. I changed the age limits for all
folders to use public store default and made the public store default
the max of 24855. The public store is set to keep deleted items for 7
days. So how do I get all that public data back?
0
mhodson (2)

Firstly you can re-import the PST file and if there are a
load of recent ones you'll need to do a restore to
alternative hardware and then make another PST with the
recent mails.

0
mark7219 (5666)
2/18/2004 8:10:31 AM
"I changed the age limits for all folders to use public store default and
made the public store default the max of 24855"

You could just uncheck the limits and it would never remove them.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Matt" <mhodson@ocls.net> wrote in message
> I installed SBS 2003 Standard Edition. I moved public folders from an
> old Exchange 5.5 server to a .pst file and then from that .pst file
> into the public store of this 2003 Exchange server. Exchange set the
> Age limits of all these folders to 7 days. So all the e-mails from
> over 7 days ago are gone from all the folders with the Public store.
> In system manager, servers, server name, first storage group, public
> folder store, public folder instances, it shows as a title bar removed
> older than and the date of 2/10/2004. I changed the age limits for all
> folders to use public store default and made the public store default
> the max of 24855. The public store is set to keep deleted items for 7
> days. So how do I get all that public data back?

0
dtown (976)

size limit for a user's exchange mailbox
Hi there Is there a practical limit to the size that a user's exchange can grow to? Incidentally, is this different from the theoretical limit? Best regards Loane For practical reasons, you should restrict users to 200MB mailboxes. The theoretical limit of the MB size is not restricted and can be as large as the DB itself can get...which at this time is limited only by the hardware capacity that you store it on. There are WAY many reasons that a MB of large size will never be functional anyway...but thats for a totally different discussion. Rummie "Loane Sharp" <l...

Public Folder nightmare PLEASE HELP!!
I have an issue, I have 3 exchange 5.5 servers, and 3 exchange 2003 servers. My ADC is configured and I have some mailboxes on 5.5 and some on 2003. I have loads and loads of public folders that I can't rehome yet because of third party software connectors (need upgrades). Right now ALL my public folders are on exchange 5.5. I have a user, this user's mailbox is located on Exchange 2003. When this user creates a public folder the folder homes itself on an exchange 5.5 server. The problem here is that in Exchange 5.5 configuration, my default public folder server that I want ...

Age Calculation with 2 different dates
Hello All: I am relatively new at creating databases and I have hit a snag creating a database for retirees. One of the fields that I have on my form is called "Retiree Age" I figured out how to get Access to only calculate the age up to the DOD for the retiree. However, not every retiree has a DOD. If this is the case then I need the age to be calculated at now. I am figuring that that is a complex if statement but I haven't figured out how to word it correctly. This is what I really want it to do: If Retiree DOD=Null then subtract Retiree DOD from Now, but if Retiree DO...

Public Folders already have 16 GB
Hi, my pub1.edb already have 16 GB size in Exchange 2003 Standar Edition. Can I add a new Public Store without upgrade to Enterprise? Quite simply, no. You're not allowed to have multiple stores in Standard Edition. -- David Wilhoit Exchange MVP "Gustavo" wrote: > Hi, my pub1.edb already have 16 GB size in Exchange 2003 Standar Edition. > Can I add a new Public Store without upgrade to Enterprise? > > SP2 for Exchange does allow you to go beyond the 16GB limit. Accordingly you now have a maximum database size of 75GB. "David Wilhoit" wrote...

The RMS integration should allow for store dept code mapping
If it is possible to map the various accounts for the different stores, could it be possible to map the departments, even though they may be standard, to different item classes for each site (store). This is because some Great Plains set ups have item classes for the same items but differentiated by the different sites they are in. An example is say you have the item 'cell phone' that one sells. One then has 3 stores that they sell them in and in Great Plains they have set up 3 sites. To track item movement per store they have set up item classes for each site for example 'c...

store.exe eats my RAM
Store.exe on my Exchange 5.5 is using over 800 Mb (total 1Gb RAM). This makes IIS (OWA) stop responding. Some clients are using Outlook 2003. Any idea? I think its probably Outlook 2003 causing OWA to stop. 818709 Outlook Web Access Stops Responding When You Try to Access a Mailbox on http://kb/article.asp?id=Q818709 -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Chris" <Ihate@spam.com> ...

Question about stored procedures
Hello SQL Monsters If a stored procedure exists as complied code on my server then why would you drop a procedure and then recreate it? Doesn't this delete the execution plan? If so, is there a programmable way to create a procedure only if one is not found otherwise alter the procedure? Thanks in advance, MC snippet: IF EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES WHERE SPECIFIC_SCHEMA = N'dbo' AND SPECIFIC_NAME = N'myStoredProcedure') DROP PROCEDURE dbo.myStoredProcedure GO create myStoredProcedure... -- ...

5.5 Information Store bloated to double size
I keep getting errors that our information store on Exchange 5.5 is at the 16GB limit. But when I export the listing of user mailboxes with their sizes, it only adds up to 8GB. I know our public folders aren't that big. Is there a way to 'compact' the Information Store to get it to it's proper size? Please post and email me if you can. THANK YOU!!!! The space used to determine the 16GB limit is calculated by the database size on disk (look in the exchsrvr\mdbdata directory at the priv.edb file). Have your users recently done a mail cleanup? If you have deleted ...

Public Folders permissions for OWA
Does anyone know how to "HIDE" or restrict acces to Public Folders in Outlook Web Access? Thansk. ...

Automatically copy message to a public folder
Hi I'm using Outlook 2003 and a hosted Exchange 2003 server. When I send a message to ex. a costumer, I also would like to be able to designate a public folder, in which, a copy of the message should be stored. Is this possible? Thanks Peder Peder, You should be able either of the following: 1. Create a rule that moves a copy of the message to the public folder after the message is sent. 2. Create a rule that sends a copy (cc) of the message to the public folder (assuming it is mail-enabled) after the message is sent. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is ...

Propagating permission settings for public folders.
Hi, I understand that if you had created a public folder and set permissions to it, the settings will be propagated to subfolders created after it. However if I make any permission setting changes to the main folder, the sub folders will still retain that initial permission setting. Is there any way to propagate the permission settings to the sub folders? Regards, X use pfdavadmin. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

Can't manage Public Folders (error c1030af1)
Hello, I am in the process of moving Exchange 2003 Standard to a new 2003 server on our domain. I have successfully transferred all of the mailboxes and I'm getting to the point where I have to re-home the offline address book and public system folders to the new server before removing the original server. When I try to access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager on either server, I get this error: The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager While searching for this error I came upon this document from Microsoft, which suggests this is a pro...

Sending Mail from Public Folder Address
We have exchange 2003 running on Windows 2k3. We are using outlook 2003. I have granted the Exchange General tab on the public folder I placed users in the 'send on behalf' under delivery options. I have also granted them send as driectory rights premission on the permissions tab. In outlook, when I enter the mail address of the public folder in the from field I get the following: "You do not have sufficient to preform the operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." I have logged in as domain admin, who also has a exchange account,...

Exchange public folders contacts : distribution list
I am going to migrate a 5.5 to 2003 shortly, and I am aware of problems with distro lists in this kind of (intra) migration, but one issue that I need to resolve first is: This org has a public folder, with contacts in it, where a few users have rights to add contacts or to edit them. Their issue is: They have a distro list *within* this public folder, where the contacts have been added to. This seems to work, but if the email address change for a contact, it does not automatically edit this change in the DL, or if a contact is added, it has to be manually added to the DL. This as far as I kn...

Storing vs Linking Attachments
Here's a question that has been baffling me... I have a split Access DB (2002, fe/be). I want to be able to take any file (doc, xls, pdf, etc.) and "insert" it into by DB, meaning that if I have a Word Document, I want to be able to attach it to a record. I know the preference is to store the files in a folder, and that is my preference. I've seen and tested the Open/Save API's, but how can I attach the hyperlink of the UNC of where the attachment is put on the network into a field so that all that has to be done is click on the hyperlink? I have a table set up...

Exch 5.5
I have one server running exchange 5.5, this server only keep different X-400 connectors to other sites in the same organization and Internet Mail service. This server doesn't host any mailbox; I am using another server for keep user's mailboxes. From the last weekend without any reason the information store was growing from 2 Giga to 18 Giga only in one day, now is close to full the hard disk. I don't know why is growing because it doesn't keep any user mailbox. I was thinking in delete the information store file (priv.edb) and create a new one but I don't know how ...

strange public folder behavior
server: exchange 5.5 sp4 client: outlook 2000 os: windows 2000 A user has owner perms on a public folder but when she marks any of the messages as read they will be marked as unread the next time she reboots. I've deleted and re-created her profile and purged the form cache on client. I've never changed the pub folder settings via mdbviewer so Im not sure what is going on. any suggestions? Sounds like the public folder was created to not maintain per-user read/unread settings. "jh50" <jh50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC3DCF4-AA8F-45D4-AF7F-D...

Restore Exchange 2003 Message Store
I am trying to restore an Exchange 2003 message store. The message store I am attempting to restore no longer exists. It appears I cannot use the Recovery Storage Group in this situation. Can anyone point me to some KB docs that detail how to restore a message store? Thanks. Why can't you use the RSG? "MCalwell" <MCalwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD140CA5-F783-409B-A195-5015032E1D9B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to restore an Exchange 2003 message store. The message store I >am > attempting to restore no longer exists. It appears I c...

Move mailbox store location
I've set up a test MS Exchange 2003 system on 2003 server. When I installed Exchange, I installed it to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ Can I change that to a different drive now once its been installed? I want to move the mailboxes to the RAID array on the system Hi Steve, This Knowledge Base article should help you out. 821915 How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821915 -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, po...

ERROR 1018 -Corrupted Directory Store in Exchange 5.5
Hi, I am having this error message for almost a month now: "MSExchangeDS(299) A read of the Database file d:\exchsrvr\DSADATA\dir.edb between offsets 0x0000000007950000 and 0x000000000795FFF failed after 16 failed read attempts with error -1018". Since this started I have not been able to complete a successful backup of exchage. My last good backup is for 09/29/2005. I will appreciate your help Thanks. On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:58:02 -0700, "GHIS" <GHIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am having this error message for almost a month now: >"MSE...

How to send publication doc as Attachment or inside Email
Want to send a publication doc as an attachment to a Email or included in an email message. Computer has message that prevents this from working. Bloom wrote: > Want to send a publication doc as an attachment to a > Email or included in an email message. Computer has > message that prevents this from working. ============================ What does the error say? -- John Inzer ...

Convert dates stored as text
I have Excel 2007 in English, but I sometimes receive data that comes from another applicationes, so dates are stored as text because they come in following format: dd/mm/yyyy. And I have the format mm/dd/yyyy. So, in the same column, I have dates stored as dates, and dates stored as text. Which is the easiest way to convert them all to date format? Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- Be careful. I'd bet that those values that come in as real dates aren't what the original data represent. For instance, if you have two values: 25/12/2010 and 01/02/2010 The...

new mailbox store #3
I created a new mailbox store and moved my mailbox over to that store. When I tried connecting using Outlook I couldn't. Is there something else I should or need to do? Also, policies and settings weren't applied to the mailbox store like our default mailbox store. Policies and settings are probably things you have set at the store level so they won't get replicated. You shouldn't need to do anything at all - any errors in the event log? "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message news:%23bYOrzqnGHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I created a new ma...

Limitations to the use of external email
Hi, In our organisation we have 3 groups of users. The first group can send/receive email to/from all internal and external emailaddresses. The second group can send/receive email to/from all internal addresses and can send/receive email to a limitted list of external addresses. The last group can only send/recieve email to/from internal addresses. What do I have to do to implement the 2 last groups ? We use SBS 2003 Premium with exchange. Bart You can limit user capability to send/receive through SMTP Connector. On Address Space tab, set E-mail domain: * and cost =1. On Delivery Restric...

OST/PST Size Limitation in Outlook 2003
I have read that Outlook 2003 supports greater OST and PST file sizes (greater than the 2Gig limitation of earlier versions of Outlook), but I haven't seen what this new file size can be. Does anyone know? I understand that the Outlook client must be on Exchange 2000/2003 in order to gain the new size capability. Is that true too? Thanks... Mike I believe it's only for Exchange 2003, with regard to the OST file. Mike Ballard wrote: > I have read that Outlook 2003 supports greater OST and > PST file sizes (greater than the 2Gig limitation of > earlier versions of Outloo...