Public information store - Permissions

Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the
Directory Rights tab is grayed out.

Any input would be appreciated
--
Joe M
0

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:01:03 -0700, "Joe M"
<JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the
>Directory Rights tab is grayed out.
>
>Any input would be appreciated

Its grayed out until you mail-enable it.

0
adavid (8731)

User removed Anonymous permission from Calendar...how to get it back
A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In news:Xns9861A9314BAB8bobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> typed: > A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and > I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can > be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In that user's Outlook, right-click on Calendar, properties, permissions tab. Add Anonymous, and do whate...

Public Folder Stores #2
I had deleted a server from my Exchange organization and mistakenly lost some public folder data that was not replicated. Luckily I still had the EDB and STM files. So I copied them to another server and mounted them as an additional public folder store and hierarchy. The problem is that now I want to copy the folder data that I lost from one Store/Hierarchy to another. The only way that I can find to access the new store is through OWA which won't let me copy the data to the main Public Folder store. I am stuck. Anyone got any ideas on how to copy the data back into the main ...

Incorrect information on Check Stub
When printing a batch of checks, on the check stub in the field that we have designated for PO Number the information is incorrect/overwritten. In this case I have 18 invoices to pay on one check, nine of them with legitimate PO Numbers and the other nine with notes pertaining to the Invoice number that have been entered in the PO Number field in GP. Seven of the nine PO numbers have been overwritten with the nine notes that were related to the nine invoices directly under the top nine, i.e. the seven PO Numbers have been replaced and are no where on check stub the other two printed f...

CRM 4.0 Private/Public Views
How do I make a view private in CRM 4.0? There are a bunch of system views that we do not use and that we obviously cannot delete. I used to just make them private in CRM 3.0, but I cannot figure out where to do that in 4.0. We also have a lot of views that are private because they are shared between sales teams and it seems like the "private" option has disappeared for 4.0. If it is gone, what would I do to hide certain views? In CRM 4 public views can not be hidden, these pages give a way it can be done. http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2008/08/hiding-system-views-in-crm-40...

Public Folder displays incoming e-mails as Post/Note
I'm trying to change the default form of a mail enabled Public Folder in Exchange 2003. Currently all incoming e-mails to a Public Folder are shown as a Post or Notes. How can I change the default form to be the regular e-mail or message form? Also, it seems I could create another form that could be used for replies. Any references I can use? I read the following article as well as many other posts, however they all refer to an Agent in Exchange 5.5. I'm using Exchange 2003 http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/4855/4855.html Thanks, Greg Maybe ...

Comparing Information
Heya im pretty new to access. I have a table which is a list of names (all the people in my office) Called 'Names' I have another table which has a list of dates for a month. Its filled in with people who are absent on what days for that month. This is called 'Absence' I want to create a way where it subtracts the names that are absent on that day, for the whole to leave me who isn't absent..... E.G. Table 1 Table 2 'Names' 'monday 1st' 'Tuesday 2nd' A ...

Permissions
I have a three user id's on my Cube running Office for Mac X (10.1.4). When any user other than mine (mine being the administrator) tries to open up any of the Office components, a message appears saying: You do not have permission to open the application "Microsoft Word". Contact the person who administers your computer or your network administrator for assistance. I have checked the permissions for these applications logged in to all three of the user id's and they all have permission to "read & write" under group; the owner is shown as me. I must be miss...

Blank Quantities in Store Quantity Tab
I added items via Headquarters and left store quantity blank. Through store ops I did a purchase order to accept items to the store. Then I ran a 501 - request full item count. Now, in the HQ on the store quantity table, no stores are listed. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, what am I doing wrong!? Thanks for the help in advance. diana This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CAD7D2.5CD027D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Diana, I don't see where you did a 250 wor...

Best way to store image, voice, text file?
Hello there, Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or text file? If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064 bytes limit, is it better to store it in a directory, and just save the location of the file in the field? Thanks, Ben On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:19:54 -0700, Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello there, > >Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or >text file? > >If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064...

Tasks
I went to a table view for my tasks, went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields" I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks... I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions: Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc... but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display the information of this sort... I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information related to how they "repeat"? Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting th...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

Deleted Public Folder
Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn't able to UNdelete the item - can anyone advise me why? - It was deleted via OL2000 and I have exchange admin rights. Thanks Jonni were you the owner of the folder/s and parent folder? "Jonni" <jonni@naespam.com> wrote in message news:e2BgN$lPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. > We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn'...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

information #2
Hello, I need to implement the Retail Management System RO software but i'm new on it, Sombody can tell me where can i find a book or resource about this software it's ery important for me to know the software before implementig. -- Best regards, Michael Check courseware nr. 8594 or 8595. I think nr. 8594 was SO and 8595 is HQ. I ordered them through Quirius in the Netherlands. Hope this helps you any further. Greetings Raymond Bakker ReBuS B.V. the Netherlands "Michael Reyes" <Michael_reyes_garcia////@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1B7F0CB2-5DB4-4638-B11...

permissions 03-29-06
I have a Marketing Professional who needs the ability to convert Leads - what circle / state do I need to fill out in the Security role? To Disqualify a lead -------------------- 1. Read Lead 2. Write Lead To Qualify a lead to an opportunity ---------------------------------- 1. Read Lead 2. Read account 3. Read contact 4. Read opportunity 5. Create opportunity 6. Write Lead 7. AppendTo lead 8. AppendTo account 9. AppendTo contact 10. Append opportunity To Qualify a lead to an account ------------------------------ 1. Read Lead 2. Read account 3. Write Lead 4. AppendTo lead 5. Append Acco...

Display public variable in Header
I have page breaks when a variable changes. How can I display what that variable is in the header? Thank you in advance God bless you ...

Public Folder restore...where did all the mail go?
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. When I did a restore of the Public Folder store on my test server, it restored properly. But when I went to the folder that I need to restore emails from (HR), it saids the HR mailbox has zero item in it. It is impossible because on my production server, it saids HR folder has 50 emails in there. My environment only consist of 1 Public Folder server and all public folders mailboxes reside only on that server. So I don't think it's replication problem. So where did all the mail go? Please advise. DM DM -...

how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk?
i saved information on a floppy disk 1.44 mb that was already formatted and had information on it previosly. when i tried to open the floppy disk the computer was telling to formatt my disk.where did all my information go? can i get it back? I presume you have tried taking the floppy out and re-inserting it and trying again? Pete ...

public folder calendar returns all when using find
We have SBS2003 with exchange setup and functioning fine. All clients using Outlook 2003. We have setup a public calendar for inspections appointments which has been working fine. However one user now finds that when she uses the find feature on this calendar in outlook she is always returned all entries and not restricted to the scope of the find argument. The find feature works on all other public and personnel folders that she has. No other user has a problem. We have also tested on other pcs with her account and happens regardless of which machine is used. Have tried changing the permissi...

What's the Difference Between This NG and microsoft.public.excel.misc?
See Subject. -- W. eWatson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/> Hi, You are posting to the microsoft.public.excel so I'm not sure what you mean by the subject line? your's ends in .m which I don't think is a legal site. The microsoft Excel newgroup area has many sub-areas dealing with: Functions General Questions New users Charts Excel Application Errors Programming ...

Row information from a specific cell...
I have an array of information and I want to get the row of a particular cell based on the value in that cell. I've tried lookup, match and index and am at wits end. For example my array is: C1 R1 2 R2 3 R3 1 R4 0 R5 12 R6 4 I want to formulatically determine the row for a value so for example if I select 12 than the row is 5. Any help is greatly appreciated. =MATCH(12,C1:C6,0) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an array of information and I want to get the row >of a particular cell based on the value in that cell. >I've tried looku...

American Public University System: Finance Applications Manager Ne
American Public University Finance Application Manager- MS Dynamics Great Plains American Public University System, located in Charles Town, West Virginia, is seeking a qualified Applications Manager with expert knowledge of MS Dynamics Great Plains software. Responsibilities for the position include identification of upgrades and enhancements, development of business requirements and test cases, and maintenance of technical and process configuration for A/R, A/P, and G/L. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in Informatio...