public free/busy.. after Migration

After i migrated from Exchange 5.5  to 2003  .....I get this on a few clients...
Unable to update public free/busy date.  The contents of this public folder are currenlty unavailable.  Either the MS Exchange server computer servicing this public folers is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site.

Any ideas..
0
anonymous (74722)

Did you replicate the free/busy system folder between the servers?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After i migrated from Exchange 5.5  to 2003  .....I get this on a few
clients...
> Unable to update public free/busy date.  The contents of this public
folder are currenlty unavailable.  Either the MS Exchange server computer
servicing this public folers is down or the public folder has not been
replicated to this site.

> Any ideas..

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Public Folders 03-09-10
I have Public Folders in Exchange 2007 enabled due to legacy requirements. How can I view/edit the permissions (security tab?) with Exchange 2007 tools? Is there a way to bulk configure replication of PFs? Tx Hi there, Ensure you are running SP1 or SP2, when you open the Public Folder Management Tool click on a folder in the left pane, and then you should be able to right click a folder _in the right pane_ and see the permissions tab. Alternatively PFDavAdmin or ESM (2003 Management Console) are good (better some say) alternatives. Oliver "Vinkie" &l...

Exchange2003, public folders, group membership
So I am the admin of the domain and yet unless I explicitly list myself in a certain folder in public folders, I can not see the folder. Does group memberships not apply to Exchange? There must be an easier way without having to add a person to each folder. You'd be looking at modifying the Default, or possibly the Anonymous permissions on the public folders. If you set the Default to "view folder" among others, then it will be viewable for anyone in your domain. Can you state exactly what you are trying to achieve? Is it just for you to view all the public folders? -- ...

DST Exchange 2003 updates and public folders remaing 1 hour behin
I have recently updated all of my pc's and servers to the new DST everything seems OK (lucky for me) but I can not get my public folders (Calendars) to update I have tried using the TZmove.exe but it states that nothing needs to be updated any ideas. I also have one user (CEO) that was out of town and uses a a PDA to update his calendar, he was in Central time zone making appointments and now he has returned to Pacific time zone and he has really screwed things up in his outlook, but the TZmove also states there are no appointments to change -- Thank you for all your help Are you...

Migration of Receivables Data with applied documents
I have a client that is currently using an old mainframe with many AR open records that have other documents applied. What is the best method of migrating these records to Dynamics GP 10. Thanks What is typically done in these cases is to migrate only the open balances. So, if an invoice was originally cut for $100 and the customer already paid $80, then you will import the invoice and the open balance of $20, not the full $100. I suggest you have your customer consider using the mainframe as historical data and a place to go back and inquiry on the past. In turn, this will speed up...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Unable to display public folder
I have 1 user (out of 60) that is unable to display 2 (out of a bunch) of public folders. Here are some of the things I've tried: - Set him to be an owner of the folders. - Removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and applied service packs (be we all know that a lot of the settings remain after a removal!) - Logged him in at a different machine...which works fine, so I'm assuming his problem is local with 2000 and not with the exchange 2003 server? Short of wiping his entire machine a reinstalling the OS, is there something else I could try? Maybe manually removing all the setup files? ...

Business Contacts in Outlook 2003
I have the new Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. I am trying to figure out if there is anyway for me to have 3 Account setups for my 3 businesses or do I have to have them all in one Account and separated by categories. If anyone has done this, please let me know. Thanks BCM supports only a single Accounts folder and a single Business Contacts folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/...

5.5 --> 2000 migration
I currently have an NT4 domain (about 100 machines including servers all of which are W2K except for the DC's) with Exch5.5. I'm building a parallel W2K domain (because of politics this is necessary) with a new Exchange2000 server and am trying to figure out the best way to migrate all personal mail and public folders from E5.5 to E2K across domains. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that has done this but am unable to find any documentation, except Microsoft's which seems to target large domains with 1000's of users/machines. Is the ADMT the only thing I need?...

ID 13006 with Migration Wizard: messages are lost!
Hi, When migrating users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 using de Exchange Migration Wizard, warning mesages occur in the application log. Event id 13006 Source: MSExchangeMig Most of the mailbox migrates however an sigificant amount of the messages do not migrate. The servers are part of different organizations. Has anyone run into this and knows a solution? Thanks! ...

Free/busy resource and space usage? (EX 5.5/NT4) (RE-POST)
Our desktop group wants to change the default free/busy publish limit from 2 months to 12 months. We will be upgrading our servers Q3/Q4 this year, but until then we have limited space/resources on our old NT4/EX5.5 servers. I can't seem to find anything regarding space or resource usage in terms of the free/busy data. I know that it is stored on the first server in the site. I checked the properties of the schedule+ free busy folder, but didn't find anything in there. Can anyone tell me where I can find how much space the free/busy data is currently using? Also, on an already over-bu...

Recovering top-level public folder
Hi all I have been running a couple of times into a problem with a mail-enabled top-level public folder. When a user accidentally deletes the folder, it will show up in the deleted items recovery window, but it cannot be restored. All that comes is a permissions-related error. The following error is logged to the application event log: ----- Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Access Control Event ID: 1235 Date: 15.12.2004 Time: 23:33:48 User: N/A Computer: XXX Description: xxx@xxx failed an operation on folder on database "First Storage G...

Importing Act 6 to outlook 2003 business contact manager
I am trying to import to Outlook 2003 contact manager. I go to file but their is no Import/Export I find it in the tools opptions but their is no option for act 6 export and contact manager import. What im I missing Try one of the supported file formats for exporting/importing your information. Comma separated values or a .txt file are supported. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answe...

Business Portal on non-default WSS
I could not install BP 2.5 because I already have a default SharePoint Services site. Is there a procedure on how to install BP 2.5 on a sub-site? My install always fails prematurely without any reason give and I have to manually unistall the thing. I only install the basic BP. ...

DMM
Hi, Can we be able to migrate the mails with attachement to CRM 4.0 using DMM ? Any limitations on the size of the attachement ? If not with DMM , do we have any other custom tool created ? Faizal Khan SM oops....I got it. Its specified clearly in the DMM documentation that we cannt migrate email with attachment. Now, do we have any other workaround other than this url (http://dynamicscrmblog.com/) Faizal Khan SM "Faizal Khan" wrote: > Hi, > > Can we be able to migrate the mails with attachement to CRM 4.0 using DMM ? > Any limitations on the size of...

Public Folder Contacts not appearing
Hello, I am trying to get a Public Folder Contact list to behave in a certain way. We have Exchange 2003 w/sp1, all clients running Ooutlook 2003 w/SP1 I can see all of the contacts within the /Public Folder/All Public Folders/ hierarchy, let's call it "Shipping Contacts". There are 55 contacts listed within. Now when a user wants to send an e-mail to one of these contacts they need to be able to: -open a new email -click "To" -Click the dropdown arrow under "Show names from the" and select "Public Folders" Nothing shows up here. I want the cont...

Remove Public Folders From GAL
I'm looking for a way to prevent our mail enabled public folders from showing up in the GAL. I do however, want the folders to continue to be displayed in the "public folders" address book It looks as if perhaps I can achieve this by editing the filter rules under the "Default Global Address List" in the Exchange 2003 system manager. Is this the best way to accomplish the task, and if so, please advise what out of the below text needs to be removed from the filter. (& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExch...

Public Store Folder to delete
Hi I'm running a Exchange 2000 server and I have make a mistake and I now have all the newsgroups available from my isp in my public store. It's around 40 000. So is there a way to : reset public store to initial state when I install Exchange server (let's talk about a empty one) or delete easily all that folders ? Or is there a utility that make this, free if possible ? Thanks. ICEMAN64B Hi Iceman64b, I know of no way to do this easily. The first thing you should have done is to stop the Newsfeed under the NNTP Virtual Server. After you do this you will have to delete...

Can't login to 2003 OWA after migration
Users are unable to access the OWA. Keeps going to unauthorized access after three tries. I had to add each user to their mailbox access in AD. That allows them to access via outlook, but I still can not get them into the OWA. Interesting, The alias name must have an SMTP email address associated with it. Otherwise it does not find the users folder. http://server/exchange/useralias "MS News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23XwAU5MxDHA.1680@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Users are unable to access the OWA. Keeps going to unauthorized access after > three tr...

Business Alert for Manufacturing Series
Hello, I am trying to setup a business alert to notify our Sales Department when our Production Office changes the "Customer Promise Date" so we can notify the customer that our commitment has changed. The "Customer Promise Date" field is off the "Sales Transaction Entry" window under "Manufacturing Sales Item Detail" off the Extras pulldown menu. I assume that the "Customer Promise Date" is in the Manufacturing Series tables since it is accessed off the Extras pulldown menu. When I go in to the Business Alerts setup I do not find ...

Free Trial Download
I'm attempting to download Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 to my office p/c. I attended a Microsoft seminarin March and would like to preview the system for my company. Do you know how to access a trial version of the 4.0 program? Thanks. GOOGLE - crm4 trial - or go to the Dynamics site - if you cant find the trial I think you better get a Dynamics partner involved "RockyBl" <RockyBl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D2FE2BE-FF3B-4E5F-9118-B63DE2402741@microsoft.com... > I'm attempting to download Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 to my office p/c. ...

A free PDF to Word Converter
Recently I noticed that AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter is free, which cost $29.95 before. I tried it and find it embodies many functions that online software does not have. It supports batch,partial and encrypted PDF conversion. And the conversion quality is superb I think.Any reveiws on that? http://www.anypdftools.com/pdf-to-word.html#201 You shilling this product or are you a spammer? Larry wrote: In article <D56E1B0F-EAD0-4071-AFA2-98A8EBDDBA25@microsoft.com>, Larry wrote: > Recently I noticed that SpamSpam PDF to Word Converter is free, which cost > $29....

Public Folder Replication #22
Hi, Just migrated from Exch 2000 to 2003. If I want to set or remove Public Folder replication I have to do this for each and every public folder. Is there any way to automate this?. We have quite a few PF's and it's a real pain. Thanks! J. ...

Public folder client rights
Hello, I searched in the help and on the internet but can not find a document describing how client rights on public folders are combined. When I use Outlook and look at the client rights on a public folder I see that there are rights assigned to a user 'Default' and 'Anonymous' how are these combined with the rights directly given to the user? What if the user sits in a Distribution Security group and we give the rights to this group, what is the effect of 'Default' and 'Annonymous' From what I could test I see that if rights are given di...

Public Folder Restore "Issues"
Help!!! Please, one of my users has managed (despite having no permissions) to delete a folder in the public folder in outlook (office 2003). we have tried all the fixes, including setting everyones permissions to full control, that i can think of, but for some reson when i try to restore the folder it still refuses to believe that i have permission, and tells me to contact the administrator!! we run ofice pro 2003 and microsoft exchange 2003 it is driving me crazy because i don't even under stand how he managed it! any help on hte subject would be much apreciated!! who was the liste...

Public Folders Issue #2
I have Windows Server 2003 SP1 Domain Controller (Native Mode), another server with Exchange 2003 SP1 (Native mode as well, Windows Server 2003 SP1). I have one mailbox store, and one public store for the PF tree. All users can read their mail, but they can't access the Public Folders from their Outlook 2003 SP1 client. Though, they can access the PF from the OWA. Any ideas? Thanks is advance, Guy Rozendorn guy@rozendorn.ath.cx On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:28:02 -0700, "??? ????????" <guy.rozendorn@gmail.com> wrote: >I have Windows Server 2003 SP1 Domain Controller (Nat...