Public folders problems after migration to e2k3

Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access
public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open
the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I
also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am
thinking they might be related.

Source:MSExchangeFBPublish
Category: General
Event IT:8197

Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number
is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.

I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an
uninstall took care of that, but I don't have calendar connector installed.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Jason
0
jason.meyer (105)

Update:

I just used pfmigrate to remove the replicas from my swing server and it
  didn't remove the replica from Public Folder Hierarchy and System
Configurations. So i tried to to it in ESM, and I get prompted for a
username/pw! I enter in my Domain Admin account info and it fails.

Jason Meyer wrote:

> Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access
> public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open
> the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I
> also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am
> thinking they might be related.
>

> Source:MSExchangeFBPublish
> Category: General
> Event IT:8197
>
> Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number
> is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.
>
> I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an
> uninstall took care of that, but I don't have calendar connector installed.
>
> Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Jason
0
jason.meyer (105)

e2k3 smtp problem
We have a single w2k/ad domain with two exchange server in one exchange organization. We have recently been experiencing problem where the exchange smtp have been monopoliziing the internet bandwidth. There have been no pattern to when it happens but it occurrs a couple times a day for a period of 10-20 minutes. When this happens we shut down the default virtual smtp on the exchange servers and the internet returns to normal. We have a T1 and about 250 users mailboxes. We have checked and verify with MS technician that the exchange servers are not an open relay and we have McAfee ...

SendKeys problem with wdDialogInsertCrossReference
I have some code that works fine in Word 2003 for displaying notorious Insert Cross Reference dialog. This is to display the dialog so as to insert a cross reference to a Figure caption. With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertCrossReference) SendKeys "%t{home}ff" SendKeys "{enter}" SendKeys "%r" SendKeys "{down}" SendKeys "{enter}" SendKeys "%w" 'move to list of references rtn = .Display End With This code does not work in Word 2...

Problems with Ignore Other Applications
After setting the "Ignore Other Applications" checkbox on the General tab of Tools->Options, I get "Personal.xls locked for editing" when double-clicking to open another spreadsheet. After clicking on the Read Only button of this popup, the other spreadsheet correctly shows up. After I close these workbooks out without saving I try to open again with a double-click but get a popup which says it either can't find the spreadsheet itself or one of its components and after clicking OK I get no workbook showing at all. If I then close this and just open excel with a bl...

Symbols (Icons) in Sent Folder
I can't seem to find reference to the symbols used in the Sent folder. 1. Specifically, in the "Sort by: Icon" column, I'd like to know what the open envelope with the blue "i" in a circle means. I notice that this never appears for mail sent out of the office, but it may or may not appear for mail sent to individuals in the office and in the mailbox. I also noticed that the sent items with that symbol have a tracking tab, while those without the "i" do not - so I'm assuming they may be related. If so, I can understand why I can't tra...

Problems with Aliases and Suppliers
One of our clients is running RMS 2 with the latest service packs and she has issues when modifying items in her database. Sometimes she will try to add an alias to an item but it will say the alias is already in use as an ILC or an alias for a different item. A quick query will show that it is in use, but for an item with itemid = 0. I have already deleted these aliases from the item but they keep getting re-added and the issue keeps reoccuring. Another issue she has is sometimes she will add a supplier to an item and then go to add it to a purchase order and it won't show up unde...

Rehome Public Folders
What is the most efficient way to re-home public folders between two servers in the same site? Depends on what version of Exchange you're using: 185043 XADM: How to Re-home Public Folders Using 5.5 Admin Program http://support.microsoft.com/?id=185043 288150 XADM: How to Rehome Public Folders in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=288150 -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "dhawkins" <derrickhawkins@somewhere.c...

Problem with SelectClipRegion
Hi all... I have this instructions in DrawItem virtual function of an owner drawn control. rgn.CreateRectRgn(rcLeft.left, rcLeft.top, rcLeft.right, rcLeft.bottom); dc.SelectClipRgn(&rgn); dc.SetTextColor(RGB(255, 255, 255)); dc.DrawText(str, rcText, DT_CENTER | DT_VCENTER | DT_SINGLELINE); rgn.DeleteObject(); rgn.CreateRectRgn(rcRight.left, rcRight.top, rcRight.right, rcRight.bottom); dc.SelectClipRgn(&rgn); dc.SetTextColor(RGB(0,0,0)); dc.DrawText(str, rcText, DT_CENTER | DT_VCENTER | DT_SINGLELINE); rgn.DeleteObject(); dc.SelectClipRgn(NULL); rcLeft and rcRight are areas containe...

Outlook problems and then some....
OK, here's a sorry tale..... I was using Outlook 2000 very happily until last week. I have a lot of data and several PST files that I access from my Oultook Window. This is in order to keep the PST files below 1.2 Gig and it also helps me because each PST file relates to a seperate business (I work for several different businesses). I started to get memory errors popping up with a reference to the limits on the paging file. I increased the size of the paging file and defragged the drive to create more contiguos disk space. That didn't so it so I decided to take the plunge and upgrad...

Do You Have A SQL Query For This Problem?
Hello, I have a table in an Access database that I want to create an SQL Query for. Here is the table structure: Location Number Area1 2 Area1 3 Area1 5 Area2 4 Area2 2 Area3 1 I would like to create an update SQL statement so that it adds up the total of numbers for a particular location and puts that in the row. For example, for Area 1 the number would be 2 + 3 + 5, which equals 10. Here's the final result I would like: Location Number Area1 10 Area1 10 Area1 10 Area2 6 Area2 6 Area3 1 Does anyone have an SQL update ...

Outlook 2003
Hi when I do a new message and go to click on the to: button for list of contacts its blank. then I can change address book... under the first contact.. there is another contact .. when I click on the second one my contact list shows up... now I also get a message to check outlook help so that I can delete the first contact (address book on list) but I can't figure it out how to delete it?? can anyone help. Thanks David Delete it here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > -- Russ Valentine [...

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

Caching problems
I'm running Outlook 2003 aagainst an exchange server using Cached Mode. I had a user that had one email alias but it was changed to a different name. I did this yesterday. I still see his alias showing up as the old alias. I've sync'd my addressbook and updated the RUS on the server but when I go to resolve the name in the client I STILL get the old alias. Is there a way to clear the cache on the client? What can I do to get the correct alias? THanks in Advance! CT ...

Three problems with W2007; need help.
So far Word 2007 has been a problem for almost every W2003 doc I have opened. I am trying to keep an open mind with this but working with advanced knowledge of W2003 is almost useless. 1. The changed text screentips balloons are now not removable if you want to see the changes. 2. Graphic objects move in almost random ways when you try to use arrow keys to relocate them. 3. Record a paste unformatted text macro and the result will NOT past unformatted text; it pastes formatted text. Anyone got any ideas on any of these? Best of Luck 3. Add the Paste Unformatted comm...

Append Query problem 01-30-08
I am attempting to create an Append query involving three tables but am having trouble. This is what I'm trying to do. Table A has a field called "Email", as does Table B. I start the query as a SELECT query and in the grid I add the email field from Table A and set the criteria to match the email field in Table B (these two tables are not already directly related by the way). This part works correctly. It only selects the email field in Table A that matches a corresponding email in Table B. Table A is already related to Table C by a field I'll call "StudentID" (...

VBScript Connect to Public Folders
I am trying to read a text file in a public folder but it fails with a message "Object does not support this property method: "PublicFolder"" Does anyone know why? I am trying to read a text file in a public folder ---- Dim ol Dim PublicFolder Dim itm Dim AppPath Const ForReading = 1 Dim oFSO, oFSOFile Dim strFullPath, strContent Set ol = CreateObject("Outlook.application") Set PublicFolder = ol.GetNamespace("MAPI").Folders("Public Folders").Folders("All Public Folders").Folders("Dept").Folders("IS").Folders...

MS Money 2007 automatic software update problems
I am having the automatic update problem with Money 2007, in which every time I start it up, it prompts me for the update even though it has already been through it and supposedly "successfully" updated. I found the post suggesting uninstalling IE7, and I tried that, but to no avail. I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions. I found my update log, and will post it here: Date: 07/28/2007 (mm/dd/yyyy) Time: 02:31:56 (hh:mm:ss) Entering mnyupdate.exe Parsing cmdline ParseCmdLine: CmdLine = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2007\mnyupdate!@#@.exe" /p:0x688 /a:"C:\P...

Migration: Relating Contacts to Accounts
I just completed a test migration and everything came across fine except my contacts were not related to my accounts. IOW, when I open a contact, it should show a name in the "Parent Account" field and it does not. I thought I had established this relatrionship by tying the two together with the accountid in the cdf_contact table. But it looks like I am missing something. Can someone tell me how to establish the account-contact relationship for migrating? ...

Migration from StoreKare POS Software
A potential customer of 17 registers in New York city is looking for a vendor, who can help them to migrate from an old POS system called StoreKare to RMS Store Operations. They would like to retain not only items, customers, suppliers which can be imported with the import utilities but all of the past transactions, partial POs and so on. Does anybody know a vendor who is capable of such migration? ...

Formula Problem #13
I seem to have trouble w/ a particular formula. I am attempting to round a number to the nearest tenth. No big deal...simple stuff if it were to stop there. I have rounded the number which returns as a decimal. I don't have trouble with any other number except when dealing with a zero in the 10ths spot. When I add text to the formula the decimal is not shown. Is there a way to have Excel first determine whether I have a zero in the tenths column and if so, have it show the decimal? Here's an example of the formula... FORMULA RESULT ...

Outlook does screwy things when moving some messages to different folders
This is Outlook 2000, but I believe the problem is common to all versions of Outlook. When ever I select a single e-mail or a group of e-mails and then try to move them to a different folder, I've got a 50-50 chance that instead of moving them, outlook will open a new e-mail composition window and throw the message(s) being moved into the new message as an attachment. At that point, the messages are basically lost, because I can't undo that action. If I simply try to close the new message composition window, outlook won't return the attached messages back to where they came from...

cleaning out imcdata in/out folders
Using NT4.0 SP6A and Exchange 5.5 SP4. MY archive folders in imcdata in and out have alot of files. How can i safely clean these folders out? Can i just delete the files or will that cause problems? thanks The archive folders are simply ASCII files of all mail received and sent. You can delete these without doing any harm to the system whatsoever. If you have no use for archived messages, you should turn off the message archival diagnostic logging on the IMS (restart IMS to affect change) -- hth, SusanV "jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Unusual Printing Problem Outlook 2K
I have an unusual printing problem that started a few days and have not been able to find the problem. This problem not only effects my Office 2000 but also Explorer 6.0 (with SP1). Now for the problem... When printing from both Outlook 2k and Explorer the computer will take each page that is to be printed - split it into 3 equal parts, center them on the page it is printing on and print it. In other words each 1 page to be printed takes 3 pages to print it all. This problem only effects printing from Outlook & Explorer. The printer works fine when printing Word docs, DOS doc, Quicke...

To Field blank in Sent Items folder
Hi there One of our users is having a problem in that when she sends an email, it goes to Sent Items and the To field is blank. You can't see names in the column, nor if you open an email and check it. We have 60 others users with the exact same spec. machine and same patch level, they don't have this problem. Has anyone experienced this behaviour before and if so how can it be remedied? Office 2003 latest updates and service pack Windows XP Pro latest updates and service pack Regards Dave Hi Dave, Is she using a PST at all? You could run a ScanPST. Alternatively you coul...

A new twist on web interactivity problem?
All, Here's what I CAN do, but don't want: Publish a chart as a web page that also includes an embedded spreadsheet with limited functionality. Details: 1 - Use Save As Web Page command for chart 2 - In the Save As dialog box, leave Add Interactivity unchecked and click Publish. 3 - In the Publish as Web Page dialog box, under Viewing Options, check Add Interactivity With: Chart Functionality (the only choice from my drop-down). 4 - Click Publish, and the web page opens up with a little embedded spreadsheet with limited functionality--I can sort, sum, delete, and change cell data, b...

Header Problem #2
I have a spreadsheet where I am repeating the first three rows of the workbook at the top as the header. I was wondering if there was a way to include the sheet # of total # of sheets in one of these rows. In other words, is there a formula that I can include in a cell that shows: (Current sheet number) of (total number of sheets)? THanks in adavance Chris ...