Public folders not replicating between 2003 and 2007

Hi,

currently we are in a transisition state between exchange 2003 and
2007. However, I've an issue with the public folders. It doesn't seem
to replicate. The hierarchy doesn't appear on the exchange 2007 side.
When I choose: Synchronize Hierarchy on the Exchange 2003 server the
eventlog reports that messages are being sent, however, nothing
happens on the exchange 2007 side.

I've also added the exchange 2007 server to the replication list on
all public folders using system manager on the exchange 2003 server,
but that has no effect either.

The SMTP logs of 2003 and 2007 reports that a replication message is
being sent by 2003 and received by 2007, but after that, nothing
happens. The hierarchy doesn't fill.

Any ideas on how to get this working ?

Franc.

How long have you waited?  This generally takes some time.

If you don't see anything happening, then start turning up diagnosting
logging and monitoring the event logs.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Franc v/d Westelaken" <FvdWestelaken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> currently we are in a transisition state between exchange 2003 and
> 2007. However, I've an issue with the public folders. It doesn't seem
> to replicate. The hierarchy doesn't appear on the exchange 2007 side.
> When I choose: Synchronize Hierarchy on the Exchange 2003 server the
> eventlog reports that messages are being sent, however, nothing
> happens on the exchange 2007 side.
>
> I've also added the exchange 2007 server to the replication list on
> all public folders using system manager on the exchange 2003 server,
> but that has no effect either.
>
> The SMTP logs of 2003 and 2007 reports that a replication message is
> being sent by 2003 and received by 2007, but after that, nothing
> happens. The hierarchy doesn't fill.
>
> Any ideas on how to get this working ?
>
> Franc.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
12/24/2006 5:47:11 AM
Hi,

well what about 2 days ;-)

Logging is turned on (was a bit hard to find on how to do it with the
management shell). Eventlog show outgoing message on the exchange 2003
server and incoming message on the exchange 2007 server, but after
that no more evenlog messages regarding public folders:

An incoming replication message was processed.

 Type: 0x20
 Database "Second Storage Group\Public Folder Database".
 Folder(s): (1-1) IPM_SUBTREE

>How long have you waited?  This generally takes some time.
>
>If you don't see anything happening, then start turning up diagnosting
>logging and monitoring the event logs.

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Office 2007 forms

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

SBS 2003 moving of users files

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization