Public Folders in the GAL

Hi,

I created some public folders, that appears  in the Global Address List.
How can I set that, just several user see this public folders in the GAL?
I have Exchange2003.

Thankx

Attila

0
am3963 (2)

Hi Attila,

Thanks for your post.

Based on my knowledge, there is no built-in feature which can restrict
users from seeing the Public Folder in GAL. However, you may hide it in
GAL. To achieve this:

1) Open Exchange System Manager, and expand Folders -> Public Folders.

2) Right click on the folder you want to make modification, and click
properties.

3) On the Exchange Advanced tab, check "Hide from Exchange address lists"
option to meet your needs.

Hope this help! Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
     |From: "Attila" <am@ma.com>
     |Subject: Public Folders in the GAL
     |Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:02:01 +0200
     |Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
     |
     |Hi,
     |
     |I created some public folders, that appears  in the Global Address
List.
     |How can I set that, just several user see this public folders in the
GAL?
     |I have Exchange2003.
     |
     |Thankx
     |
     |Attila

0
v-asun (208)
7/23/2004 3:00:15 AM
Thanks Alan, but I know that I can hide it.
I have other question. Can I change the GAL default filter?
Because I created an address list and I adjusted a filter, that the public
folders appear within it.
I adjusted the permission who can see this address list, but I cannot clear
the (ObjectCategory=PublicFolder) in the GAL, therefore the users can see
this public folders in the GAL.
If I hide the public folders, those cannot appear in the adress list as
well.

Attila

"Alan Sun [MSFT]" <v-asun@online.microsoft.com> az al�bbiakat �rta a
k�vetkezo �zenetben news:wjbF%23FGcEHA.2428@cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl...
> Hi Attila,
>
> Thanks for your post.
>
> Based on my knowledge, there is no built-in feature which can restrict
> users from seeing the Public Folder in GAL. However, you may hide it in
> GAL. To achieve this:
>
> 1) Open Exchange System Manager, and expand Folders -> Public Folders.
>
> 2) Right click on the folder you want to make modification, and click
> properties.
>
> 3) On the Exchange Advanced tab, check "Hide from Exchange address lists"
> option to meet your needs.
>
> Hope this help! Have a nice day!
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Alan Sun
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.

> --------------------
>      |From: "Attila" <am@ma.com>
>      |Subject: Public Folders in the GAL
>      |Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:02:01 +0200
>      |Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>      |Hi,
>      |I created some public folders, that appears  in the Global Address
> List.
>      |How can I set that, just several user see this public folders in the
> GAL?
>      |I have Exchange2003.
>      |Thankx
>      |Attila

am3963 (2)
7/23/2004 7:24:09 AM
Hi Attila,

Thanks for your posting.

The filter for the default global address book is unable to be modified.
However, you let only the users you wanted access to the Default GAL and
disable other users accessing it. Then, create an additional GAL excluding
the mail-enabled Public Folders, and grantee permission to all the users.
In this way, you can reach your aim.

For more information, you may refer to the following articles:

318635 How to configure e-mail hosting in Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318635

822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
     |From: "Attila" <am@ma.com>
     |Subject: Re: Public Folders in the GAL
     |Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:24:09 +0200
     |Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
     |
     |Thanks Alan, but I know that I can hide it.
     |I have other question. Can I change the GAL default filter?
     |Because I created an address list and I adjusted a filter, that the
public
     |folders appear within it.
     |I adjusted the permission who can see this address list, but I cannot
clear
     |the (ObjectCategory=PublicFolder) in the GAL, therefore the users can
see
     |this public folders in the GAL.
     |If I hide the public folders, those cannot appear in the adress list
as
     |well.
     |
     |Attila

     |"Alan Sun [MSFT]" <v-asun@online.microsoft.com> az al�bbiakat �rta a
     |k�vetkezo �zenetben news:wjbF%23FGcEHA.2428@cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl...
     |> Hi Attila,
     |>
     |> Thanks for your post.
     |>
     |> Based on my knowledge, there is no built-in feature which can
restrict
     |> users from seeing the Public Folder in GAL. However, you may hide
it in
     |> GAL. To achieve this:
     |>
     |> 1) Open Exchange System Manager, and expand Folders -> Public
Folders.

     |> 2) Right click on the folder you want to make modification, and
click
     |> properties.
     |>
     |> 3) On the Exchange Advanced tab, check "Hide from Exchange address
lists"
     |> option to meet your needs.
     |>
     |> Hope this help! Have a nice day!
     |>
     |> Thanks & Regards
     |> Alan Sun
     |> Microsoft Online Partner Support
     |>
     |> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
     |> =====================================================
     |> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
newsreader so
     |> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
     |> =====================================================
     |>
     |> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
     |rights.
     |>

     |> --------------------
     |>      |From: "Attila" <am@ma.com>
     |>      |Subject: Public Folders in the GAL
     |>      |Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:02:01 +0200
     |>      |Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin

|cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA05.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP0
8
     |> phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl
     |>      |
     |>      |Hi,
     |>      |
     |>      |I created some public folders, that appears  in the Global
Address
     |> List.
     |>      |How can I set that, just several user see this public folders
in the
     |> GAL?
     |>      |I have Exchange2003.
     |>      |
     |>      |Thankx
     |>      |
     |>      |Attila
     |>      |
     |>      |
     |>      |

0
v-asun (208)

Remove Calendar items from Favorites Folder Outlook 2003
How do I remove the calendar, and notes items from my Favorite Folders navigation area under Mail? When I right click on the objects I'm not presented with a Remove from Favorites option. ...

Outlook 2007 I want to create a search folder that contains compound criteria (search for x AND y). In the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, on the Advanced tab, there is a "More Advanced..." button, but it is grayed out. How do I enable that button, and is there a way to create a search folder with compound criteria? --Tom Hello Tom, You need to enable the query builder, see this microsoft Knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307922 On Dec 17 2008, 3:52=A0pm, "Thomas M." <NoEmailRepl...@Please.com> wrote: > Outlook 2007 > &g...

Public Folder Searching
Hello All: I have a small problem that is pretty specific to one of my clients. The server in question is a Windows Server 2003 SBS running the latest service packs. My clients have setup a public contacts list and I have setup public journaling for the list. The problem comes in when I want to make an Activities tab for 'All Items.' For instance, in the actual user mailbox, there is an option in the Contacts' Activities tab that says 'All Items' and this option displays all related items contained in the whole user mailbox. Well in Public Folders, you can&#...

How to move text file attachement to desired folder
Hello, I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to desired folder after the email is received. Regards Pawel K. See this software: http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod03.html -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "PK" <nadzibullach@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:dorppo$4vg$1@news.onet.pl... > > I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to > desired folder after the email is received. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/...

Moving a page from one publication to another
I am using Publisher 2003. I have a page I wish to copy from one publisher file to another one. Merge might be the term. I have tried copying & pasting, but I can't seem to work with the new page like one I created. It acts like a picture. The page is quite complicated and would take a very long time to recreate it again in my new publication. An added complication is the page I wish to transfer to my new publication was on a CD & I have since 'saved' it to my hard drive. Does this make a difference? What to do? Thanks in advance for your invaluable help, Cora...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

Simple Public Folders question..
How do i prevent users (outside of administrators) from creating Public Folders or Public Folder items? Exchange 2003 native mode, all Outlook 2003 clients. Thanks. Wait, never mind. I found it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328808/en-us "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:%23LvDOEmXGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do i prevent users (outside of administrators) from creating Public > Folders or Public Folder items? > > Exchange 2003 native mode, all Outlook 2003 clients. > > Thanks. > On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:10:17 -0400, &quo...

Get an error when opening Public Folders
When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. Do I need a MAPI client on the server like Outlook? I always thought it was a big no no to put Outlook on the same box as Exchange is installed. Thanks On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:35:02 -0800, "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token >supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 > >Do I need a MAPI cl...

Public folders in OWA opening in new window
Does anyone know if there is a way to have the public folders NOT open in a new window in Exchange 2003 OWA? thanks in advance... -- KS ...

(DS/IS) consistency adjuster prior to moving Public folders from 5.5 to E2k3 and Nov 2004 Update Rollup
We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5 has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1. This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489 The rollup states that the previous May 2004 ...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

Public folder permissions
A user is an owner to a public folder, but when tries to create a subfolder receives message that they do not have permission.We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server 2003. Thanks, Ed ...

And this folder is for ....
Outlook Express has a Buld mail folder could any one tell me what this folder is for. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie...

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

Different orientations in one publication in publisher?
I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in publisher, ie one page portrait and then the next landscape. Is this possible? Not in the way you are thinking. What you *can* do is to lay a page out as a separate document, rotate it 90�, and paste it into your target document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shoshigrl" <Shoshigrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC532338-15D5-4D8A-81A8-B25ABA99FD5B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in >publisher, > ie one page port...

Folder positions/tab
How do you set folder hierarchy for InBox. Each new one want to indent and I want it outdented to far left as other personal folders exist. Thanks Hi Tom, To create a new folder on the same level as your Inbox you need to select the Personal Folder file at the very top level, then right-click and choose new folder. If you have the Inbox selected when you create a folder, it will create it as a subfolder. Thanks, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:conte...

Can I password protect a folder in Outlook?
I want to protect a folder I created with a password You can password protect the entire .pst but not individual folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, glynne asked: | I want to protect a folder I created with a password ...

Public Folder Administration.
Hi, I have been searching the web and Technet on details for pfinfo and pfadmin. What I need to do is run a report on the public folders and find out the size of each public folder and branches. I would also like to find out if they are in sync. We are trying to replicate all of our Public Folders to a central site, I need to find out what the size is of each Public Folder that is hosted on that server, and then check that it has all replicated to the central site. I have been looking for documentation on pfinfo and pfadmin but have not found anything I can use. My system is W2k3 + E2k3 ...

have to migrate sytem folder?
Hello during migrate exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, failed to move public folder and system folder with pfmigrate.wsf tool. there is no any shared data in public folder, but does system folder contain any exchange data that needs to be migrate to new exchange 2003? or it doesn't matter ? this is a simple email server, not provide those offline address book and schedule ... Thanks, Gary Gary: The System Folder contains a couple of different folders that might OR might not be necessary. Probably the most important is the Organization Forms library (or libraries depending ...

Public Folder Replication has stopped
We have 2 exchange servers EX2000 standard and EX20003 standard. I am trying to remove the ex2000 but I can not get the public folders to replicate. I have gone through the MS's trouble shooting doc, but I am receiving no error messages. I can see the SMTP messages going back and forth between the servers just fine. However, on the ex2003 I receive a "SMTP Driver: Message Delivered locally ...." message, but the ex2000 stops at "SMTP: Started Message Submision to Advanced Queue." The other thing I have noticed is that the event log on ex2000 does not have ...

Accidental deletion of Unread Mail Folder
Hello. I am using Outlook 2003, and by accident, I deleted the Unread Mail folder from my Favorite Folders list. Is there any way to restore it? Or, I can create a new folder, but how do I get it to contain only unread mail? Thanks for your help! -Matt If you right click the root search folder and select New Search Folder > Unread Mail, once it is created right click Unread Folder and choose Customize this folder and use the Browse button to select what folders/sub folders to include. "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09e501c3d9de$6c...

Can't open archive folder
I made an archive folder from Outlook 2000 on an old laptop, and put the *.pst file on a little jump drive. Then I opened Outlook 2007 on my new laptop (XP) and made a file folder called Archive Folders, and copied it over from the drive to that folder. When I click on the *.pst file it will not open on the new machine. I get the message "Cannot open this item. Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe item." But it's clean, everything went thru Norton first.... how can I get my old emails to transfer over to the new machine and open? -- Stinsoneer Copy from...

Exchange 5.5 orphaned public folders
I think I found the culprit for my Exchange 5.5 slowdown, but I cannot fix it. It seems related to two folders on the old server public: Configuration: 2 Exchange 5.5 servers in the site. The orginal server is being shutdown. I followed MS recommendations for removing first server from site. I re-homed all public folders to the new server. However, there are two folders that I cannot access. Internet Newsgroups: Exists only on the old server. When I click on this, I get the following message: “The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not compl...

Start all over but retain emails, folders, contacts, etc.
Hi- I recently transfered my pst file over to a new computer (both Outlook 2003) and now I believe I have some (major?) problems with the contacts folder and locations. Even though everything seems fine on the outside and I can still send emails fine, I get numerous errors telling me my address book cannot be located and I just recently discovered all my mailing lists fail to link the members to their contact files even though they are right there. I guess my main question is, can I somehow wipe outlook clean, and then just readd all the information (contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, ema...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....