Public folders in OWA #2

I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it
working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if
you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal
outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like
this:

Wednesday, October 05, 2005  8:51 AM          893 Bob Ponder.EML

Any ideas?

Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings
propagate down to the Public vdir.  The only way I've ever been able to fix
the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall Exchange, which should
reset the IIS settings.  If that doesn't work, it may take a complete
uninstall/reinstall of IIS, then reinstalling Exchange.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it
>working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now
>if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the
>normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the
>contact, like this:
>
> Wednesday, October 05, 2005  8:51 AM          893 Bob Ponder.EML
>
> Any ideas?

0
Ben
10/5/2005 4:22:59 PM
Can i just reinstall IIS first? Could that fix it?

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:OEiOOkcyFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings
> propagate down to the Public vdir.  The only way I've ever been able to
> fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall Exchange, which
> should reset the IIS settings.  If that doesn't work, it may take a
> complete uninstall/reinstall of IIS, then reinstalling Exchange.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it
>>working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now
>>if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the
>>normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the
>>contact, like this:
>>
>> Wednesday, October 05, 2005  8:51 AM          893 Bob Ponder.EML
>>
>> Any ideas?

If you only reinstall IIS, then you will break OWA completely, or at least
severely screw it up.  The reason you have to reinstall Exchange is that
once IIS is installed, Exchange piggybacks on top of IIS, and lays down some
custom stuff.  If you don't reinstall Exchange, the custom stuff that makes
OWA work is gone.

--

> Can i just reinstall IIS first? Could that fix it?
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
> in message news:OEiOOkcyFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings
>> propagate down to the Public vdir.  The only way I've ever been able to
>> fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall Exchange, which
>> should reset the IIS settings.  If that doesn't work, it may take a
>> complete uninstall/reinstall of IIS, then reinstalling Exchange.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>>

>> "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got
>>>it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up
>>>now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than
>>>the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the
>>>contact, like this:
>>>
>>> Wednesday, October 05, 2005  8:51 AM          893 Bob Ponder.EML
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

0
Ben

public folder replication and mta failure (on a cluster)
hello all question...is pf replication dependant upon mta? we had a cluster which was being retired but didn't know some replicas still existed and exchange can't be removed we got the SG recreated and the pf store mounted (it was removed before attempt to remove exchange), but cluster MTA service fails the folders were removed as having replicas on this server, but still show in pf instances does it take a really long time for it to go away from pf instances or is the failure of mta having anything to do with it? pf replication is set to always run been searching all over and...

Emptying 'Deleted Items' folder on exit
I am running WLM version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) on Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I have 'Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on exit' checked under Maintenance, but they're all still there when I exit and restart WLM. Is there another setting I should be looking at to make this work? TIA, -- SC Tom Tom, I experienced the same thing earlier today. I'm new to WLM and found that if you "checked" the ''Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on > exit' after there were items in the Deleted Items folder, it ...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

MyDocuments folder
hi, i am tring to create folder in MyDocuments, with this function HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(path,GENERIC_WRITE|GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); where path = _T("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti") + _T("\\FileName.xxx"); i used ("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti to get the path of mydocuments but i didnt find the file , i used GetLastError(); where the function tell me the path is incorect any idea to get the path of mydocuments folder thanks for help You could use: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

NO #2
Seriously Microsoft, what the fuck? I'm not saying this as some sort of mac fan or money zealot or whatever. Hell, I even worked for you once... but.. YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! Fine, stop selling Money, I don't care. BUT LEAVE YOUR GOD DAMNED SERVERS UP SO WE CAN GET ONLINE UPDATES INDEFINITELY. How much could that cost you a month? A couple thou? You throw more than that away every second repairing peoples broken Xbox 360s. This is a new freakin low. Seriously. ...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Public Folder Replication not running
We have two exchange 2000 servers in the same exchange organization, same active directory domain. We have one set of public folders that have been configured to replicate to both servers. We would create public folders on one server and then they replicate to the other server immediately (replication interval set to "always"). But last week the replication suddenly stopped for new folders, although existing ones still appear to replicate their contents. When we create a new folder on one server, and set it in system manger to replicate to the other server, replicas never appear ...

Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec #2
I need help when ever I opepen or close any office product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown above.... How do I fix it please help ag Take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 HTH Anders Silven "Ash" <ashrafg@sympatico.ca> skrev i meddelandet news:1574f01c446a0$4b5db2c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help when ever I opepen or close any office > product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown > above.... How do I fix it please help > > ag ...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

How to find addresses stored in Favorites folder
My toobar shows a button for adding to favorites but I can not find my favorites list anywhere after I add them? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041116.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ "Zuli" <Zuli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1B7543A-7BE9-40C6-A4BA-5770FD90AB79@microsoft.com... > My toobar shows a button...

unable to display inbox folder due to "invalid handle"???
Ran a scandisk that identified a couple of cluster problems, and allowed the computer to fix the problems identified . Since then, whenever trying to access email in OUTLOOK, we get the following message: "Unable to display the foler. The file c:\windows\localsettings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. The handle is invalid." What is going on? ...

OWA slow performance via a Citrix Desktop ....
Hi all We have Users who access their mail via Outlook Web Access from an IE Browser sitting within an ICA Published Desktop. The performance seems variable to say the least. >From what I can see nothing gets loading to the Users Citrix Profile during use. Using OWA via a normal PC Desktop works fine performance wise. Any suggestions on how to improve the performance of OWA when using it through a Citrix Published Desktop.? Many thanks in advance .... Have you tried adding OWA to the Trusted Site list on the Zones page for Internet Explorer on your Citrix Servers? TAM I'm try...

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...

File folder info. in Excel workbook?
Good day all. Excel 2007. XP Pro. Is there a way to have all available excel files in a particular folder listed (updated in real time) in an excel spreadsheet where the user can click on one or more of them to open those files or at least retrieve specific data from them? I have a situation where files representing cost centres and each month of the year need to present data into a worksheet used for reporting purposes. So potentially 5 x 12 = 60 files. But these are only created as the months pass. so at the end of month1 there would only be the 5 files, month 2 there would be...

Database problem #2
Hi guys, I wrote an application that reads about 50.000 records from many files and wrote these in a db. This application is really slow. Can the cause of this slowness be the reading from the files? If yes, can I resolve with 2 thread where one will makes a cache of records reads from the files and the other writes the data in the db? Tnx It's more likely to be the writing in the db that's slow, assuming that you're not processing the files as you open them. One thing that might help in this case is to close any open indexes before adding the new records, and re-create the in...

Public folder default display
Hi, I have an Exchange server 5.5 and I make some forms used by the clients to publish information in public folders. My problem is : How create a default display (server side) for a public folder used by Outlook clients. In my case I want a chronology display. Thank you Michel ...

michael lalonde #2
michael lalonde mike lalonde sudbury wanderer tax solutions 3665 Arista Way http://www.freewebs.com/wandererartificialstupidity/ http://www.geocities.com/wandererartificialstupidity http://wandererartificialstupidity.tripod.com http://members.aol.com/lalonm/ http://www.wanderers.freewebweb.com/ Wanderer Tax Solutions 702 Barrydowne Road - Unit 9 Sudbury, ON P3A 3T5 705 562 2399 Barrydowne Road Sudbury, Ontario. Second Location. 1630 Agincourt Avenue Sudbury, ON. wanderer rampar wdr c64 commodore 64. jason john lalonde mike lalonde sudbury temagami lalonde jason tesker angela legrow darryl...