public folders in exchange

If you look in the KB 246504 and 179220 Thats the error
messages I get.

I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 but the problem
was also in exchange 5.5 and I had the latest sp in 5.5.

I cant get rid of those objects in the public folders
eather in Outlook or the ESM.

How to get rid of the public filders when I cant access
them?? does anyone know??

Tintin

you get?  Is this
>in Outlook or ESM?
>
>"admin raw mode" - Are you trying to use the 5.5 admin?
>
>--
>Hope that helps,
>Dan Townsend

confers no rights.
>Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to
this newsgroup.

>Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at
>http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
>
>"tintin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Hi
>> I have trouble with publicfolders in exchange 2003.
>> The problem is that some objects I cant access and I
cant
>> delete them.
>> I tried to use the admin raw mode but it didnt work to
>> delete them.
>> Does any one know how to do??
>>
>> regards tintin
>

>.

..

0
anonymous (74722)

Team Folders migration from 5.5 to 2003
Are there any known issues with migrating Exchange/Outlook Team Folders from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using PFMigrate? We have many Team Folders on our older Exchange 5.5 server that we MUST migrate over to Exchange 2003 with full functionality Thanks, FastEddie These are Team Folders created with the Team Folders Wizard? I don't know whether PFMigrate will migrate the folder home page setting and the custom form that a couple of the folders use. You may need to handle those manually. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Public information store
Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the Directory Rights tab is grayed out. Any input would be appreciated -- Joe M On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:01:03 -0700, "Joe M" <JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the >Directory Rights tab is grayed out. > >Any input would be appreciated Its grayed out until you mail-enable it. ...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Public folders #9
I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming Can anyone help m thanks "cisca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file. >Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming. >Can anyone help me PFADMIN or PFINFO can do this. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

retrieving folders.old file

Deleted items folder in o2k3
The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items folder alone. Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently than messages in other folders? Would it be better for him to never delete messages since he doesn't really want to delete them? It would be better to not delete them since Deleted Items... is for things you want to get rid of. "Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message news:uKyAPby2GHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The big boss refuses ...

Replicating folders
I am having a strange issue with tasks replicating for no apparent reason. Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. Anyone run across something like this before? Deleted 34 blank tasks and the next day there were 14 new ones. ...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Outlook won't conect to Exchange
Client: XP pro, Office 2003 Pro Server: Server 2003 I cannot get a client's Outlook to connect to Exchange server--or at least I THINK that's the issue. I have tried everything that I and the sys admin can think of. We've even uninstalled and re-installed the whole of Office. Out of desparation, I tried something that I thought would probably not have any impact, but it worked--temporarily. I deleted the use's mail profile, and the application opened and displayed all the users mail! I thought I was pretty close to being home free, so then I closed Outlook and re-opened...

Save Outlook attachments to PC folder automatically
Hi All, I am an absolute newbie to Outlook programming who has been entrusted with the task of figuring out how to get Outlook to dump attachments to emails sent in by certain users to a specified folder on the PC without having to do it manually. I could not get Rules Wizard to do this. Any pointers on how to go about this is really appreciated. Thanks, Rahul Hi, I found the soluton at a website and leave the link for those who might be interested, http://www.outlookvba.com/examples/code/saveattachmentsimp ..htm Rahul >-----Original Message----- >Hi All, > >I am a...

Inbound email being processed as folder under Inbox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I got a database daemon error, and Entourage forced me to rebuild the database. <br><br>Once the database was rebuilt, I relaunched Entourage and my new messages were processed as folders with a .EML extension under the Inbox. If you click on them, there is no content in the folder. Entourage has also stopped receiving new mail messages entirely. <br><br>While my database was being rebuilt, I accessed my Exchange account via both Webmail and an Outlook client on Window...

Exchange Server C Drive No free space
Hi All, Need some advise. The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408). When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able to send email. I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be cleaned). Anyone experience this before? Thanks in Advance for the help. -- Danny Chieng Technical Engineer On Wed, 26 Jul 2006...