Public Folders - Display Actual Address That Email Was Sent To

We have migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.

We have an email enabled Public Folders that have 25 or so email
addresses(SMTP) that can accept mail.

Under 5.5, we could add the "TO" column to our Outlook view, and then when
opening the Public Folder, we could see the actual SMTP email address that
the email came in under.

Since moving to Exchange 2003, when we add the "TO" column, it seems to just
display the Public Folder name itself--not the actual TO: address that the
email address came in under. We had been using this address column to sort
by, so it is causing an issue.

Now, to try and get the actual email address it came in under, we have to do
Tools-Options->Then look at the Internet Header.

Is there a known/easy way to make Outlook display the actual email address
that mail came in on instead of just the Public Folder name?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give....

In news:uHRXlOh7GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Art Vandelay <artvandelay92k@hotmail.com> typed:
> We have migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.
>
> We have an email enabled Public Folders that have 25 or so email
> addresses(SMTP) that can accept mail.
>
> Under 5.5, we could add the "TO" column to our Outlook view, and then
> when opening the Public Folder, we could see the actual SMTP email
> address that the email came in under.
>
> Since moving to Exchange 2003, when we add the "TO" column, it seems
> to just display the Public Folder name itself--not the actual TO:
> address that the email address came in under. We had been using this
> address column to sort by, so it is causing an issue.
>
> Now, to try and get the actual email address it came in under, we
> have to do Tools-Options->Then look at the Internet Header.
>
> Is there a known/easy way to make Outlook display the actual email
> address that mail came in on instead of just the Public Folder name?
>
> Thanks for any assistance anyone can give....

What I tend to do for this is -

Create individual distribution groups for the separate addresses
Add the mailbox (well, in this case, the mail-enabled public folder) as the
only member
Hide the distribution group from the GAL

The display name in the message will be that of the distribution group, not
the display name of the ultimate destination (mailbox or public folder).

0
lanwench (7567)
10/12/2006 4:30:26 PM
Thanks for the info... We have some Public Folders with 25 or so email
addresses.

So, would I make basically 25 distribution groups, with a single email
address in each one, then each group points to the Public Folder?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

In news:O2tit%23j7GHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Art Vandelay <artvandelay92k@hotmail.com> typed:
> Thanks for the info... We have some Public Folders with 25 or so email
> addresses.
>
> So, would I make basically 25 distribution groups, with a single email
> address in each one, then each group points to the Public Folder?

If you were following my technique, yes - if you cared about 25 individual
addresses showing up in a clear way.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:%23VUCp2h7GHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> In news:uHRXlOh7GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
>> Art Vandelay <artvandelay92k@hotmail.com> typed:
>>> We have migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.
>>>
>>> We have an email enabled Public Folders that have 25 or so email
>>> addresses(SMTP) that can accept mail.
>>>
>>> Under 5.5, we could add the "TO" column to our Outlook view, and
>>> then when opening the Public Folder, we could see the actual SMTP
>>> email address that the email came in under.
>>>
>>> Since moving to Exchange 2003, when we add the "TO" column, it seems
>>> to just display the Public Folder name itself--not the actual TO:
>>> address that the email address came in under. We had been using this
>>> address column to sort by, so it is causing an issue.
>>>
>>> Now, to try and get the actual email address it came in under, we
>>> have to do Tools-Options->Then look at the Internet Header.
>>>
>>> Is there a known/easy way to make Outlook display the actual email
>>> address that mail came in on instead of just the Public Folder name?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any assistance anyone can give....
>>
>> What I tend to do for this is -
>>
>> Create individual distribution groups for the separate addresses
>> Add the mailbox (well, in this case, the mail-enabled public folder)
>> as the only member
>> Hide the distribution group from the GAL
>>
>> The display name in the message will be that of the distribution
>> group, not the display name of the ultimate destination (mailbox or
>> public folder).

0
lanwench (7567)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Sending Email #6

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Controlling NDR's sent to Originator
Hi, I have a scenario: An Exchange2k User sets up an Auto Forward Rule to forward all inbound mail to a personal email account. This person recieves email into his Inbox and the Rule fires off forwarding the email to their personal account. His personal account is not reachable and Exchange sends a NDR to the original sender. Example: Step 1: john23@example.com sends email to corpuser7@corp14.com Step 2: corpuser7@corp14.com has an Inbox rule that forwards this email to his personal account at homeacct@isporg.com Step 3: exchangeserver.corp14.com recieves an NDR from pubmailer.isporg.c...

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...

Recurring email #2

display in taskbar in excel 2000
Hello, Have a problem! I work with Office 2000 and excel does not open more than onw screen in the taskbar. Windows in Taskbar, I checked in Excel. Clustered display is turned off in the properties of the Taskbar. Can anyone help me with this problem prog, get it only if I 2x open excel. Regards Rob Hi Rob, I can't figure out what exactly what is happening in your excel but try this, Go to TOOLS (Menu Bar) then OPTIONS, in VIEW tab just CHECK the Windows in Taskbar. Hope this will help. ~jaeson ...

ACC: How to Display Line Numbers on Subform Records
I found this article on MS' website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q120913/ but ran into problems when I pasted the code and tried to compile it. It gives a Compile Error: Method or data member not found when it reached the line below: RS.FindFirst "[" & KeyName & "] = " & KeyValue and it highlights "FindFirst". I have a sub-form (child) of a parent form's and I have a variable in the child that the user currently manually increments from 1,2,3 and so forth. Can this not be done w/o the user's intervention? Hi, ...