public folders and OWA

howdy all!

I am running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. If i drag and drop an
attachment into a public fodler the attachment shows up as as the icon of the
attachmetn that i droped int ot the public fodler i.e .doc shows the icon as
a word document. I can access this document with no problems using Outlook
client.

Now if i try and access this same document via OWA I get an "access denied
error" *but* if instead of dragging and droping the attachmetn into the
public folder via explorer (forexample) i *post* the attachment into the
public fodler using outlook, then i can view the attachmetn in OWA. When you
psot dattachments to pub folders the attachment shows up as a link VS if you
drag and drop the attachment shows up as the respected documents icon, and i
cant open these in OWA. Any one else have this issue?

Thanks again
0
Skipster (152)

Does this help?

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Enabling-Freedocs-access-OWA2003.html

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> howdy all!
>
> I am running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. If i drag and drop an
> attachment into a public fodler the attachment shows up as as the icon of
> the
> attachmetn that i droped int ot the public fodler i.e .doc shows the icon
> as
> a word document. I can access this document with no problems using Outlook
> client.
>
> Now if i try and access this same document via OWA I get an "access denied
> error" *but* if instead of dragging and droping the attachmetn into the
> public folder via explorer (forexample) i *post* the attachment into the
> public fodler using outlook, then i can view the attachmetn in OWA. When
> you
> psot dattachments to pub folders the attachment shows up as a link VS if
> you
> drag and drop the attachment shows up as the respected documents icon, and
> cant open these in OWA. Any one else have this issue?
>
> Thanks again

0
Ben

Access OWA during exchange offline
Dear All AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange server down or offline. My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange server is offline? thank you.. In news:%23YTtmu97FHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Muhamad Taufik Khasim <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> typed: > Dear All > > AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange > server down or offline. > My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange > server is offline? > > thank you.. No.....only when your mailbox is accessibl...

Cannot move emails between folders

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

Sent Items to Public folder?
Hi How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? Thanks Himalyas wrote: > Hi > > How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? > > Thanks No syncing is possible. You could use a rule for this. If this is a mail-enabled public folder and you have multiple people accessing it/using Send As for it, consider using a shared mailbox instead...and see www.ivasoft.biz. Thanks for help. Could you please suggest me good book on public folders and exchange 2003 in general? I have not touched exchange since 5.5. "Lanwench [MVP - ...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Exchange database folder
Hi! I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:". How could move all on drive "e:" ? Thanks Antonio Grasso Hi Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties -> -> Database TAB Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another location then The operatio...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How to remove the exchange public folder?
Hi, We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We remove one site from the current organization and would like to know, how can we remove the public folders which replicated when it was on the organization with other sites. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We >remove one site from the current organization and would >like to know, how can we remove the public folders which >replicated when it was on the organization with other >sites. > >Thanks >. >you need to open exchange in raw ...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

OWA Sessions
Our configuration consists of 2 FE servers and multiple BE servers. Is there a way to determine the number of OWA sessions open on the FE servers? If I have a need to reboot one of the FE servers (which I currently do) I would like to know how many users are currently connected via OWA, or even RPC over HTTP. If I go to the BE servers I can view Logons but I would have to do that for every BE server and even that wouldn't tell me which FE they are connected through. Not sure how or if this is possible, either through ESM, IIS or a performance counter. Thanks. Performance Counte...

OWA & "User must change password at next logon"
Current Environment: Running EX2K3(SP2), and using OWA as the ONLY option to get e-mail; using certificates (https:\\owa.domain.com\exchange) & forms based Authentication. Problem: I create a NEW user in AD; e-mail enable it, and select "User must change password at next logon". Now when the user tries to log in (VIA OWA) s/he is not prompted to change the password / it won't even log them in. It use to work with our old exchange 2000 environment, where it gave them the opportunity to change the password at sign on. Answer: ? There is one property in MetaBase: ...

Hyperlnk to a cd-rom folder
How but a exel file that has hyper links to the folders on that cd rom with out naming a drive letter since everyone has a different drive letter for their cd rom??? Thanks The excel workbook is stored on that same CD? If yes, this worked ok for me in xl2002 and using my harddrive (not CDROM). File|properties Hyperlink Base: \ (just the backslash) Then I could insert hyperlinks via Insert|Hyperlink and just leave the drive letter off. If the workbook is not on the same cd, you could have a file on the cd to look for, search the CDdrives and determine the drive letter. Then have your mac...

Public Folder is missing objects
I made a mistake. I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. These were the only two servers in my structure. When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it. Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt. The primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not b...

can not move files and folders on vista
hi, I am having problem moving any type of files or folders to different place. I cannot even move a file in my document to a folder in my document. can any one help please. I tried setting the admin but that did not resolve it. I am using vista. However, I can delete and rename files and floders but just can't move them -- lovelacews Not a Windows Live Mail issue. Please post here. Windows Vista General Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-u...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

OWA Inbox hangs at Loading...
I have Exchange 2000 sp3 sitting on a Win2000 Server sp4. Exchange works well, except when trying to access via OWA. the users can log in alright, when asked, but then all that loads is the buttons at the top of the page and the folder links on the right hand side. The inbox stops loading at Loading... any help would be appreciated... thanks Tony. I'm having this same problem with a server in our test lab. Although it didn't help me, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280823 - maybe it will solve your problem. I even did a reinstall with no luck. I...

List folders to file

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

GAL for OWA
I have noticed that as you prepare to send a msg with OWA, when you click on the "To" tab, the GAL (i'm assuming it would be built from the info within AD) isn't there as it would be if you were sending a msg via Outlook - Microsoft Mail. Is there any way to config the GAL in OWA to behave similarly (to MS Mail)? I would prefer my associates not have to type names (even partials) just to send inter-office emails. I also would dread each associate having to manually input each user in the GAL into their Contact list. Am I looking at having to purchase 3rd party software? And...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

Public folders not visible in EMS
I need to reset permissions on a public folder. I read the TechNet article here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/14f91205-23e7-4d62-b3f5-00c02b82a19e.mspx However, the folders are not visible in the folders tree in ESM. So, I am not sure how to proceed. I have W2k server with E2k3 enterprise. Thanks Hi Can you tell me a bit more about the problem, are they just not there or do you receieve some type of error message when you try to access them from ESM? Do you receieve any of the following error message when trying to expand or access y...