Public Folders #43

Hello All,
    Anyone know of a way to programmatically mail enable a public folder in
..NET preferred

Thanks
    Mark

Sent folder problem
Although I have "copy to Sent Items" checked, my Outlook keeps placing them in my inbox! I've searched through the myriad menu possibilities, but haven't come up with an answer. Any ideas what's causing this? Thanks, Peter ...

Sharing excel spreadsheets in public folders
I have put an excel spread sheet in our public folders , only a couple of people have permission to write to the spread sheet. If two of them open it at once a conflict error is thrown back. Is it possible to give the first person to open it write access - as would be the norm with excel? It seemed a simple solution as it allowed people from non trusted domains to view the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks is there just one public folder store or is is replicated to other servers? "ed" <eddie.meadows@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1Lz3e.1036$DP.542@newsfe6...

Cannot see mail in outlook 2000 sent items folder
Hello, I have a weird problem. When I sent a mail, a few days after it desappears from the Sent Items folder. I cannot see any mail I have sent before. But when clicking on the Sent Items icon the folder appears empty and on the bottom of the left side I can see that the folder contains 20 items. Someone else with rights on my mailbox can see those sent items. Any idea? Thanks in advance. ...

how to copy conmanclient.exe and related files to the windows folder of device
I need to debug a winCE application over the ethernet using Visual Studio. I have connected to the device over the ethernet and now need to run conmanclient2.exe and cmaccept.exe before I can start debugging. However, I don't know how to copy these files over the ethernet. Please guide me. Thankyou! -- Message posted via http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com Remote File Viewer (Visual Studio Remote Tools from your start menu) -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com "amephraim via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u583...

Installing Public Certificate on Exchange 2007 w/Mailbox,HUB,CAS r
Due to a request by a DR vendor, we need to install a Public certificate on our Exchange 2007 server with the mailbox, HUB and CAS roles. The Public certificate will be exported from the Exchange 2007 server and then imported into their DR appliance. The vendor will not support the internal self signed certificate. Before I proceed, are any of you aware of gotcha's that I need to take into account? Thanks Ron On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:49:43 -0800, GoTrojans <GoTrojans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Due to a request by a DR vendor, we need to install a P...

Does Outlook download Yahoo's sent folder? If not, How can I downl
Does Outlook download Yahoo's sent folder? If not, How can I download Thanks for your hlp. --Paul Vakerling No. Ask Yahoo!. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, PVakerling asked: | Does Outlook download Yahoo's sent folder? If not, How can I download | | Thanks for your hlp. | | | --Paul Vakerling So Outlook will only download the inbox folder? What if I had another folder say,"Sent1", would ...

Remove Ghost Personal Folders
Hello, I have the following problem, I created a personal folder by opening a PST folder, then a Tech guy at our firm moved it to my shared drive so that it would get backed up. Now when I open up outlook I have two personal folders, with only one being active. When I try to delete or remove the old one, I get an error that it cannot find my pst file in its old location. So I moved the file back and re-launched outlook and it still won't let me delete it. Any ideas on how to fix this? Do I need to use VBA? TIA Jeff PS can I also get rid of public folders that the company forces me to...

I can't open an xls.file compressed(zipped)folder in Windows XP?
I get this error message: " The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converter, or the file may be corrupted" ...

Tasks
Using Outlook 2003, I have created and use multiple folders for tasks. I am trying to share several of these folders with others on the network. I have had some limited success, if I am merely trying to share the FIRST task folder. I (thought I) followed the instructions within Outlook 2003 (and online) to share each of those folders -- there is some comment on line that parent folders must also be shared. The folders don't appear to me to be child folders -- the four folders I have set up seem independent of each other. Nonetheless, I shared all of them since the documentation seemed...

How to create a search folder for specific multiple catagories
Can I create a search folder that only shows emails which have 'Catagory A' AND 'Catagory B'? I can't seem to achieve this in outlook 2003. Yes, you can do this by specifying the categories on the Advanced tab when setting up the criteria. It might go easier by enabling the Query Builder. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/276 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers...

how to search for a "folder" in Outlook 2000?
Hi, Does anyone know how to search for a "folder" in Outlook 2000? Please help. tn ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Insufficient permissions to view contents of folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop After installing Leopard and then reinstalling Tiger, Entourage gives me the message &quot;You don't have sufficient permissions to view contents of this folder&quot;, but it does not say which folder. As root I've given myself ownership of all the folders and files in the Microsoft User Data folder and the Microsoft Entourage Archive folder in my home user documents folder, but the message still appears on launch of Entourage. What other folders does Entourage use? What do I need ...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

check for a folder's existance
Hi, I am trying to check whether a folder is already existing or not. Now I am doing it with CFile::FindFile() method. But it is failing if the path is one of the follwing. 1) C:\ 2) \\<hostname>\<folder-name> (Works fine for \\<hostname>\<folder-name1>\<name2> 3) folder name ending with \ Can you please help me out in finding the exact procedure that serves my purpose. Thanks in advance, Sreekanth > But it is failing if the path is one of the follwing. > 1) C:\ > 2) \\<hostname>\<folder-name> > (Works fine for \\&l...

Making My Categories from Includes Folder
Okay not sure the subject line is right. I'm using a template and my categories are manually done. I had asked before if there was an easier way to do this and someone suggested that I make that part of my includes folder. Have no idea how to do that and wondered if someone could tell me. I'm really not good on html but am willing to try. Though I need an explanation that a someone who is not smarter than a 5th grader can understand :-) Linda www.firstinlinesoap.com ...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Public folder access problem #2
Hello, Don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem, sorry for posting in both groups :-) Exchange Enterprise Edition 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 in Windows XP SP2, 1.000 users and public folders. Until yesterday a user was able to access a public folder; tree is : \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Incoming Mail \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Outgoing Mail Then suddenly this user does not see the content of the Department folder nor the subfolders. When you click on the Department folder properties, summary tab, you see this user has the Reviewer role. ...

Rule-routed emails not saved in deleted items folder after deletion
Environement: Outlook 2003, Windows XP. If one deletes an e-mail message from the Inbox, it goes to the Deleted Items folder. I would like this to happen to messages deleted from folders other than the Inbox. I have rules which route incoming email messages into topical folders. After I read and delete an email message from any of those folders, unlike deleted messages from the Inbox, they do NOT go into the Deleted Items folder. Will appreciate your letting me know how to configure Office so that all deleted emails end up in the Deleted Items folder. Thanks. Leo Bueno where do they ...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 07-01-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

[ANN] Public beta coming this month
MacBU upgrades Entourage and delivers new ways to collaborate with PC and Mac colleagues. Entourage moves from WebDAV to Exchange Web Services. Look for the launch of a public beta this month. Continue reading for more info.... Public beta coming this month (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/public_beta_coming_this_month.html> In case the above link does not work: <http://tinyurl.com/7vo24c> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

Couting Email in an existing folder
I have a folder with email/orders in it (around 1500 over four years). I am looking for an easy way to tally and graph them for how many emails (orders) have been received each day and then compare them per year. I had hoped to export the folder to Excel, but the date stamp does not export as a field. Anyone have a good way to do this? Thanks, Michael ...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Can't access "Advanced" functions on folders
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. After upgrade, I can see all three PSTs and access mail in all three under both profiles. But in one profile, I cannot get the "advanced" button to work, as follows: - Right-click on top-level folder (PST, mailbox, remote folders) - Select "Properties" - Click on "Advanced" button In the roaming profile, this brings up the advanced functions for the PSTs, (it brings up the...

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

Outlook Web Access, forwarding from public folder
In Outlook Web Access "Help," Microsoft seems to say that you should be able to forward and reply messages from public folders as long as you are connected to a 'front- end' Exchange server. This is so, as far as i know. There doesn't seem to be an option anywhere however to do this from a message I am viewing in a public folder. I have been unable to find any solution yet. Any ideas? Thanks! ...