Public folders #26

Hi,

How do you create public folders in exchange system manager 2003?

Thanks
0
MattOwen (1)

Go to First Admin Group\Folders\public folders and start creating folders.
You will only be able to create mail folders (no calendars etc - do these
from Outlook).

Glen

"Matt Owen" <MattOwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How do you create public folders in exchange system manager 2003?
>
> Thanks

0
glen6925 (138)

Menu bar from System folders missing
hi, the top menubar / toolbar from all of my system folders have gone, how can I get them back? Jimbobwiki wrote: > hi, the top menu bar / toolbar from all of my system folders have gone, how > can I get them back? Try these: - Press F11 - Right-click the toolbar and select Menu Bar - Click View, Standard Buttons - Click Start, Run, type: regsvr32 /i shell32.dll (Press Enter key) - Malware could have hidden it.. here's a long post with more ideas. If you have to edit the registry to straighten this out, suspect malware: http://www.tomshardware.com/for...

Excel / Access User Conference
The 2007 Midwest Excel / Access User Conference will be held on October 24-26 in St. Louis, Missouri. Early Bird registration will close on June 30th for the start of the regular registration period. Register early and SAVE! http://www.exceluserconference.com/MWEUC.html -- Damon Longworth 2007 Excel / Access User Conference London, England - Tentatively Sept. 2007 St. Louis, Missouri - Oct 17-19, 2007 www.ExcelUserConference.com/ ...

Mail Enabled System Folders (by default) necessery ?
Hello, I have a question regarding the 'System Folders' within Exchange2003. If I am correct almost all System Folders are e-mail enabled. Is this for a purpose and can I disable this? (e-mail disable) And secondly; Withing the Exchange Management Console I can manage e-mail adresses from mail enabled system folders. But if I look with ADSI Edit under 'CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects' is see the same mail enabled folders. But some of these public folders listed here contains other e-mail adresses than listed within ESM??. Also if i disable email enabled folders they dis...

Outlook Express update
I recently downloaded and installed the available Win98 updates. Afterwards, Outlook Express takes forever to open and then I can not see my old mail folders. I can confirm their existence with Windows Explorer and the "Tools/Options/Maintenance" dialog box shows the correct (default) path. How do I get this list to appear again so I can retrieve these older messages? Thanks, Rob Rettew rrettew@charter.net ...

Problems with Find in Archive folders...?
Howdy, I am in OL2000... I just ran the Find function on my Sent Items folder, did not find the message I needed, and realized that it probably had been archived. I then ran the Find on the Archived Sent Items folder. In a moment, it flashed "Done" but came up empty. I then scrolled down and quickly found the message that I knew to be there. Does the Find function not work (properly) on archived folders? If not, how does one find stuff? Sincere thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

a 02-26-08
ciao ...

Listing all folders
Hi, I'm trying to list all the folders in my mailbox using VBA. I know I need to perfom a recursive search but after nearly two day I've nearly given up the will to live! If anybody has the actual code (not a description of how to 'do it') this would be extremely helpful. Many, many thanks. Warren. This is Outlook VBA code adapted from my forthcoming Outlook 2007 book. = It puts a list in the Immediate window. You could adapt it to write the = information to a file, a message, etc. Note that ProcessFolder is = recursive.=20 Dim mlngItemCount As Long Dim mlngFolderCount A...

IMAP folders not bold even when new mail arrives
I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts. The pop folders appear bold when they contain new unread email. The imap folders do not appear bold when they contain new unread mail. When I click on the imap folder they will then be bold indicating new unread mail. I rely on the bolding to check for new mail, how can I make the imap folder appear bold when new unread mail arrives? I also wanted to note that my hotmail account folder using Outlook Connector does bold when new unread mail is available. "sjmnyc" wrote: > I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with bot...

public -> private folder replication
is it possible to set up replication from a given public folder to specified users personal folders? You would probably need to replicate pulic folder data to a ost file as described in the following links http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;195435 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;182158 "MC" <MC@spammenot.com> wrote in message news:ee2Uu4sfEHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possible to set up replication from a given public folder to > specified > users personal folders? > > "MC" <MC@spa...

Two differently named folders for IDE Hard Disk Drives?
Hello, on our CEPC device, two CF cards can be mounted as IDE HDDs. In storage manager registry settings, I can only define one name for the profile "HDProfile". If a 2nd card is detected, it gets a number concatenated (e.g. "Flashdisk:" and "Flashdisk2:") Is it possible to give the second store of the same type a different name (e.g. "Flashdisk" and "Storage card")? Thanks in advance. Then change the profile name the IDE key refers to. You should have something like this in your reginit.ini: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drive...

Generating Diagrams from Files and Folders?
I have a folder containing 13 sub folders with a total file count of 2,445 text files. Each of these text files extends off another text file which may either be of the same sub folder or another one within the directory of sub folders. How can I go about generating a diagram of how they all link together? Unless you're doing it manually, it will require custom code, since that isn't a normal set of delivered functions. al "Ferris" <Ferris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDA857B-B124-4F25-B1D5-9EF62087151A@microsoft.com... >I have a folder c...

Corrupted "deleted Item" folder in microsoft outlook 2000
Hi all, I have this spam mail in my deleted item folder which i am not able to delete it away. When i tried to delete it, open it, move it to other folder etc ... outlook 2000 will have an error and will close down and i have to restart it. I tried lots of methods suggested by some nice people in here but stil it doesnt work. Is there any way or how can i have a whole new "deleted item" folder without losing my other folders and emails as well ?? Pls help.... thanksss Yes, per personal experience. Make a new PST, even customize the name of it for yourself. Make it the def...

Public Contact List and E-Mail Errors
I am using Exchange Server 2003 When I right click on a contact in my Public Folder's Contact Folder, I click on "New Message to Contact" and it tells me: Error creating new mail! This may be caused due to an incorrect e-mail address for a contact or an invalid name for a distribution list Furthermore, when I type a name in the To field of an e-mail, it doesn't not go to autocomplete any name in the Public Folder's Contact Folder. It only autocompletes Users that are setup under Active Directory. (This is with "Show Names from the:" option set to &quo...

public folder #16
Hello, I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server. I create a new public folder and have to give this new folder the emailaddress from the old one (the one that is deleted). When i do that ,i get the message that the email address already exist at the organization. Can i somewhere delete this address before i give it to my new public folder? Hi Walter, "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OXLULL0cFHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server. > I create a new public folder a...

Public folder permission problem
We moved some public folders (by downloading to a PST) from an Exchange 5.5 server to a new 2003 server. (Exchange server is on a different domain, if that matters) We have re-created the permissions on the folder, but a couple of the folders on the new system don't allow users to edit the contents, even when they are marked as Owner or Editor. The folder in question is a Contact folder, and when you open specific items, the title bar says "read only". Other items (created AFTER the transfer) don't have this problem. The true domain administrator account doesn't have th...

target="_blank" for folder URL?
Hey folks, I have an email archiving application that runs off Exchange 2003 and has a web interface. I made a default home page for the folder in Outlook, which almost works. There must be some sort of security setting in Outlook prevent the pop-up view of individual archived messages when called from the archiving application's web page within Outlook. Everything works just fine in IE and I can't figure out if this is indeed a security setting in Outlook. I tried throttling down all security settings as a test and I still experience the problem. Is there any way to make a...

Folder making problem
I have Outlook 2002. When I create a new folder I cannot save it to the Shortcut Bar. When I delete emails from my IN box they are not saved in my DELETED folder. I get the following message: **Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" is not marked read-only. Another attempt to save will be made after the next change or when you exit. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.** The above mentione...

Move multiple folders
Is there a way to move several folders (within the folder list) at once? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move several folders (within the folder > list) at once? Nope. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Web favorites folder
I have installed a new hard drive on my computer and made it my primairy. My old drive is a slave. I want to move my favorits pointer to my new h/d. Where is it & what file name? Thank you bill@springprop.com It depends on your operating system, but if you are talking about Internet Explorer favorites, look for a folder called "Favorites". "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:062801c3ad0c$c0bf4840$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed a new hard drive on my computer and made > it my primairy. My old drive is a slave. ...

Is ANYONE successfully getting an NNTP news feed into Public Folders on Exchange 2003?
I've been beating my head against the wall trying to make NNTP news work with Public Folders on Exchange 2003. I really like the idea of having news articles appear in Public Folders as well as via port 119, but I can't seem to make it work. I've got a fully-up-to-date Windows Server 2003 system running fully-up-to-date Exchange 2003. The Exchange mail, Public Folders, IIS bits, etc have all been working properly for some time. I enabled the NNTP service and set up a newsfeed to point to a known good source (it happens to be another system that I manage). I know 100% that the s...

How to create meeting room reserve application in public folder?
I have three meeting room and reserve by manual. How to use public folder for these requirement? Why not just use resource mailbox instead and setup to auto-accept meetings. Either use AutoAccept Agent (download from microsoft.com) or set up those mailboxes to auto-accept appointments and auto-decline conflicting appointments. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Mesak" <Mesak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFEF78FD-E8ED-403F-82F8-8C6D4A8B2E53@microsoft.com... >I have three meet...

can't open microsoft outlook as set of folder could not be opened
could you please help how i can open microsoft outlook as whenever i try to open it , it says the message 'can't open microsoft outlook as set of folder could not be opened'. Rajesh <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > could you please help how i can open microsoft outlook as whenever i > try to open it , it says the message 'can't open microsoft outlook as > set of folder could not be opened'. Use Control Panel's Mail applet to make sure your mail profile is pointing at a valid PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

viewing compacted mail folders in Outlook Express 6
I recently backed up my mail folders by using the compact command. Now my "sent items" folder is empty and I want to see my old e-mails. I tried importing but there is no import option for Outlook express 6, just 4 and 5. ...

XP Office outlook personal folders
Through some technical glitch, i lost all my personal folders months ago - all emails, contacts etc. After some fruitless weeks of revovery efforts, i simply started all over. now, the original set of personal folders, all of them, have reappeared and are fully accessible. i need to know how to merge all the email folders, contacts, etc, but since XP office does not appear to contemplate this possibility, i am unable to find hints on how to merge. Any ideas?? Thanks. ...

Public folders in exchange 2003
Hi I have trouble with publicfolders in exchange 2003. The problem is that some objects I cant access and I cant delete them. I tried to use the admin raw mode but it didnt work to delete them. Does any one know how to do?? regards tintin Are they normal folders or system folders? What error do you get? Is this in Outlook or ESM? "admin raw mode" - Are you trying to use the 5.5 admin? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup...