Public Folder server

Hi,
I have 2 different servers as follows :

Server1 = Mailbox server
Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store)

My query:
What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and
navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2?

Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing
"Not Set".
Should it be pointing to Server1?

Pls guide.

thanks
0
JackDorson (167)

Are you having problems with the way it's configured?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have 2 different servers as follows :
>
> Server1 = Mailbox server
> Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store)
>
> My query:
> What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit
> and
> navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2?
>
> Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing
> "Not Set".
> Should it be pointing to Server1?
>
> Pls guide.
>

> thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Transfer of email server.
Hello, I am in the process of setting up our exhchange server. I am almost finished creating all mailboxes. All emails were being handled by an external company. I would like to know what would be the best way in transferring over everyone to the internal exchange server. Just looking for the best solution for this. Thanks In news:EBA3ED68-E68D-43FF-9123-0ECE84F1A7D2@microsoft.com, apereira <apereira@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello, > > I am in the process of setting up our exhchange server. I am almost > finished creating all mailboxes. All emails were bein...

hotmail bulk mail folder
I am having outlook, upon downloading msgs, put a senders mail here how can I fix this? RICK BORGMAN <rborgman@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > I am having outlook, upon downloading msgs, put a senders mail here > how can I fix this? Log into Hotmail and add the person to the safe sender list on the website. -- Brian Tillman ...

Setting up HTTPS Exchange server
Greetings - Can anyone direct me to the best way to set up my Exchange 2000 OWA to be accessed thru HTTPS vs. HTTP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Scott In order for your enable HTTPS, you must first install a certificate in your IIS. You can either purchase a certificate from commercial CA, such as verisign and configure your own CA. Here is the steps to configure your IIS using a certificate generated by your own CA. HOWTO: Set Up SSL Using IIS 5.0 and Certificate Server 2.0 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299525 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Default folders
When drafting an E-mail and saving it, it defaults to the draft folder, is there a way to change the default folder? Thanks, Sherry No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sherry asked: | When drafting an E-mail and saving it, it defaults to the | draft folder, is there a way to change the default folder? | | Thanks, | Sherry ...

Outlook 2003
I have upgraded from XP to 2003. My Mail, Calender, Tasks, etc. now have two Personal Folders (apart from the Archive Folders that I already had) - i.e. in Calendar I have two folders - Calendar and Calendar in Personal Folders. In Mail I Have two Personal Folders that hold the same information, etc. In all cases the information is duplicated and they update together. Why is this happening and can I get rid of one of them? The option to remove or delete is not there - which dosn't surprise me as it is seeing both of them as the default folder. They both have the same file path. What...

OLE server and .PDF files
I kept getting an error message when trying to open a PDF file in my database, this happened after Adobe Standard version 9 was loaded on my machine. My IT department took off Version 9, this made no difference, then loaded version 8, now every thing works as before. Does Adobe Standard verion 9 interfer with OLE server? If so, is there a setting some where that we missed, so as to keed vesion 9 and have it work with Access and OLE server -- Preston ...

HowTo: Export contacts from public folders to CSV/XML/SQL?
Hi! I'm trying to make an export of all the contacts in our public folders, to a compatible format. I'm using the "csvde.exe" util, but it seems I can't get the "-r LDAPfilter" correct. :( Anybody got an idea? Or even better, an example? Regards, Rune I'm curious about what you are trying to do because it sounds similar to what I am trying to accomplish. How do you export contacts from the public folders for a particular group, i.e. the AE group? I would like to do this without having each user to export their contact list. "Rune" wrote:...

Memory Usage on Windows Server 2003 r2
How can I tell how much memory is currently in use? How can I tell if paging is going on? Thanks in advance Task manager can show you all these. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to call it up. Then go to the performance tab. Process Explorer is a very handy tool as well... google it up and you'll love it. Samuel. "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:F16226FC-2485-4959-B75E-B8D61738788A@microsoft.com... > How can I tell how much memory is currently in use? > > How can I tell if paging is going on? > > Thanks in advance Process exp...

"Unread Messages in This Folder" doesn't work in outlook 2003.
In Outlook xp, I used the Unread messages view. When I marked a message as read, it disappear from the view. Now in Outlook 2003, there is no "Unread Messages" view, just "Unread Messages in This Folder". When I mark a message as read in this view, it stays there. I have to change to another view and back to make them disappear. any ideas? This is driving me crazy. Sean --------------------------------------- Sean Cross mailto:sean@picsprint.com Pics Print - The photo printing solution for Windows. http://www.picsprint.com http://www.Intuitex.com - Multime...

Moving First E2K3 to New Box
Used KB 822931 and followed all directions. I was able to turn off the first server and all users were able to receive email and I was also able to send e-mail to a mail enabled public folder residing on the same exchange server. However outside users are not able to send mail to the public folder that were able to in the past. When I turn the first exchange server back on, the mail gets delivered to the public folder. I checked to make sure all replication was turned off etc... Not sure what to check next. On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:36:02 -0700, hager123 <hager123@discussions.micr...

Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2003 server
I'm busy installing Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2003 server but as you all know Micrsoft says it is nog possible. Well, it's not working so I guess they are right but I'm still trying. I can start a setup an can add my server in a existing site but when the setup is trying to start the services I get a error telling me that Exchange is missing a file but I can't find out wich one. I hope some one is having a solution for this issue. Please let me know, Kind Regards, Rogier I have a solution for you. Actually, I have two solutions. 1. Implement Exchange 2003 instead. ...

Project Portfolio Server Change Attributes/Field Names?
Need help of Portfolio gurus, please. In Portfolio 2007, once you open up a project/proposal from the dashboard, you have several sections on the Project Info tab. For example, 'Project Objectives', Business Need, Project Scope, Project Dependencies and so on. Is there a way to relabel or rename these fields? Alternatively, can we hide some of these sections and add new sections with the labels that I need? These labels and sections could not be located in the Attribute definitions, so I am guessing these are reset somewhere else? Please advise. It looks like you didn&#...

How to export all email address from Exchange 5.5 servers
I need to export only and all SMTP email addresss from Exchaange server 5.5 From Exchange admin, tools, directory export only allows the primary smtp and it extracts everything. I dont need it. Any what to extract all smtp email addresses from exchange 5.5? Please answer asap. thanks On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:52:02 -0800, "pattykutty" <pattykutty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to export only and all SMTP email addresss from Exchaange server 5.5 > >From Exchange admin, tools, directory export only allows the primary smtp >and it extracts everything. I ...

Combining emails from separate folders
I moved my email storage area several months ago to a secondary hard drive. With the most recent Vista updates, some updates occurred with Vista Mail. Several months of emails were 'lost' following this update. It took several days to determine that the storage settings for Mail were returned to the default user area, during which time I received a ton of critical emails. When I discovered the problem, and switched back to the storage area, 3 days of emails are no longer available. Is there a method to pull all the emails into one folder so that I have access to ever...

unable to open your default email folders
Hi, whenever i switch from wireless to LAN, my outlook always give me this message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not avilable. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance." I then need to wait for 30mins to be able to login to Outlook again! What could be wrong? thank you If you reboot after switching, does that remove the problem? It might be an issue with your Exchange Server remembering the IP address of one interface and not allowing the other to connect with ...

Shortcuts - Folders
Our firm just upgraded to 2010. I had to re-create the shortcuts. In the main shortcut folder (the first one), I am unable to save the "Sent Items" folder. When I exit and reopen Outlook, that particular folder is gone and I have to add it again. Suggestions? ...

Offline folder not working in Office 2003
I have a user that upgraded his Office XP to Office 2003, everything was successfully upgraded and also when the installation was completed he was even able to go online to download any latest Office 2003 patches and updates. It just came to attention that his offline is not working, I had him disable the offline feature and than renable the offline feature but to no avail?!?! Whenever he closes this Outlook it doesn't syncronize his foldres to his offline file (.OST). I have even checked his offline file and it doesn't grow, and considering the size of his email box (Aprox 1...

Public Folders shortcut display count
Hello! We seem to have an intermittent problem with outlook shortcuts on the shortcut bar not displaying the number of new messages in folders. It seems to differ from user to user and folder to folder - cannot see a pattern. I tried removing the shortcut and readding to see if this resolved but no joy ? Any ideas ? Carolyn ...

Inter-org migration public folder permissions
Hello, Is there any way to migrate public folder permissions in an inter-organization migration scenario? Thank You for your time, MPF =?Utf-8?B?TWlndWVsIFAuIEZhcmlh?= <MiguelPFaria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:68FBA1B4-ED49-46EE-B1D8-79072CB17EF8@microsoft.com: > Is there any way to migrate public folder permissions in an > inter-organization migration scenario? You can export and reacl using pfinfo here is a list of some tools that will help. I'd suggest trying to limit PF usage moving forward. http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm Regards, -- ...

Identical Outlook files in Folders View
Arrgh! Somehow I now have in my folders view to identical pst files and I am unable to close one of them. They seem to be simply mirrors of the same folder (if I move an email message to a folder in one of them, it also shows the email message in the other). Any ideas? Thanks. Why not create a new profile? It usually solve mysteries like this. S "TomW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:07bb01c3a97f$c417a310$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Arrgh! Somehow I now have in my folders view to identical > pst files and I am unable to close one of them. ...

WAB Address Book FOLDERS
Hi All Can anyone help me access the email addresses from an address book WAB file for a specific folder? I can currently access either just the email addresses found in the Main Identity's Contacts or all the emails regardless of location. What I am trying to achieve is to export entries from a WAB but maintain the any sub folders structure created, The documentation on MSDN mentions folders but I have not found it very clear. Thanks in advance, Danny ...

Server error 131
after installing RMS I am getting this error server error 131 : A server failure occured while attempting to read the current batch Can someone help I am getting the same error message. What I have is a bad daily batch I can't shake. Every time I open the software, i get SERVER FAILURE 131: UNABLE TO READ CURRENT BATCH. I tried using register 2 to open the Manager and it gives the same error! We only do sales on register 1. We've only had it open for one day and got this error after closing out our sales yesterday. In order to get the software to open, i had to edit the ...

Export big Public Folders from old server to a new server
Hi, Can anyone help me with this? On our old server windows 2000 with exchange 2000 we have a big public folders (16GB) Does someone knows an easy way to 'copy' this public folders to our new server 2003 with exchange 2003? On 21 Dec 2006 14:20:39 -0800, "Marinus" <witbraad@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone help me with this? >On our old server windows 2000 with exchange 2000 we have a big public >folders (16GB) >Does someone knows an easy way to 'copy' this public folders to our new >server 2003 with exchange 2003? Replicate it? ...

Internal & External server names with SSL
We would like to know if there is a workaround to manage public folders with a SSL certificate installed with a server that is known by two different names: known by one name on the inside network and by another on the outside world. We are running Exchange 2003 - from the 'Outside World' our server is called mail.domain.com. We installed a SSL certificate specifically made to match that FQDN name for Outlook Web access clients coming from the outside world. However, on our inside network, the FQDN of our server is known internally as 'exchange.domain.com'. Needless...

Ms Project Pro 2007 can't connect to the server
Dear all, I am working on Ms Project Server 2007 (not using sharepoint). The server is set up and working (tested with different machines). I recently encounter some problem to connect a new computer. I have a message informing that Ms Project can not connect to the server. Here is the list of action made during the installation : 1/ Ms Project Professional 2007 2/ upgrade to SP 2. project2007sp2-kb953326-fullfile-en-us.exe- 3/ SQLServer2005_ASOLEDB9.msi 4/ owc11.exe -> office web component 11 5/ PJClient.cab & 1033\pjcintl.cab following the KB818046: http://suppo...