public folder replication!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to
setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003
exchange servers.

Thanks
0
jgreen1 (4)

"jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote:

>Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to
>setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003
>exchange servers.

"proper" depends on what you want to do.

Are you wanting to have a replica of every folder on both servers? If
so, use the pfmigrate.wsf program on the E2K3 CD.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

PST Folders
I have a mailbox as well as a PST folder under outlook 2002. I right click under the personal folder trying to create a new folder, but I accidentally hit close insted of new. It seem that my personal folders are not longer there. Can anyone help. Thanks, yvonne Good News, you PST is still on your system. You just removed it from your folders list. First you need to know and find the PST on the Drive it was stored on. Use explorer. In Outlok click on Tools, Options and the Mail Setup Tab click on the Data Files button and clidk on the Add button. Click OK to accept Personal Folder...

Calendar in Personal Folders
We have Outlook 2003 installed on a Terminal Server. In order to make use of the Junk E-mail feature, we needed to setup Personal Folders and setup delivery to those folders. Everything works fine except, when you create a Calendar or Task item, it is created in the Personal Folders. Is there anyway to use Personal Folders but have the Calendar and Tasks created in the Mailbox Folders. It's driving me crazy. Thanks, Jose Nope....I don't have OL2003 but wasn't aware it required personal folders anyway. Might be time for some anti-spam software to protect your entire org...

Audit Permissions on Public Folder
Is there any way to track when the permissions on an Exchange 2003 public folder were changed? We have a confidential public folder that had the default permissions changed to owner and I need to see when that happened. Thanks ...

Changind Default Folders
When I open up an attachment, for example a Word Documnent, and I go to save, it automatically goes into a temporary folder. I know thisis a security precaution from Microsodt, bu tis there any way to change this so, it will save automatically into "My Documents"? Thanks for any help, Dave See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0ab801c3b...

Undelete Public Folder
Is there a way to undelete a pblic folder that was deleted? I checked the knowledge base and found reference to mail boxes but not public folders. When I try to "Start mailbox management process" nothing happens.. Is there supposed to be a screen that comes up with mailboxes in it? TIA You could try using MFCMAPI to undelete them. No - it will send a report when it is done (if you configured that) Should also likely get an event in the Application Log. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Pl...

Can not open folders?
I have a user account that was working fine. I had to disable the account. I have re-enabled the account and changed the password. I now can not access the accounts email. What could the problem be? Vitals: Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 domain It is working now. Must have just not had time to replicate the password to the BDC. I restarted it and now everything is ok. Sory to have wasted space and time. "troy" <troyds@deltaprocess(NoSpam).com> wrote in message news:%23nWWysT4EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have a user account that was working fine. I had to disa...

Move Public Folders to new server
We recently got a new exchange server and have moved everything over but can't figure out how to move the Public Folders. How do we do this? On the old Exchange server, go to the properties of the Public folder. First set up replication between the two servers. Give it time to replicate to the new server (maybe a day or so to be safe). Once that seems to be going well, go back into the properties and on the Advanced tab (if I recall correctly) there is a drop-down field that lets you specify what the home server for the public folder is. Change that from the old server to the new on...

Incoming Email as Folders

Item Count Incorrect in Public Folders
Hi We have public folders set up for companies and contacts. After going in and creating a new company or contact the item count changes. You then go and search for a company and it says it's not there because the item count is wrong and only showing a fraction of the companies or contacts that are in the folder. You then have to exit out of Outlook 2000 and open it up again each time this happens. Applied the microsoft patch for this and it still does not fix the issue. Any ideas? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5pdGE=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:23842A16-2...

public folder in exchange 2007
hello, i'm looking for a configuration option for public folders. It seems that Exchange 2007 stores the read/unread information for all users by default. Now I'm trying to change it that he saves this information seperate for each user. I know that in exchnage 2003 there was an option in the mmc but I can't find any gui or cmdlet what can do this. Any hints for this problem? I don't really want to wait for SP1. regards Marcel I think this is what you're looking for: Set-PublicFolder -Identity <PublicFolderIdParameter> [-PerUserReadStateEnabled <$true ...

Export email addresses in sent folder to Excel
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Hi - I'd like to grab all of the email addresses in my sent folder and export them to Excel. Or at least get them to a text document that I can then paste into Excel. Is this possible? Thanks. On 2/10/10 6:20 PM, in article 59bb2a0e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "bhodges@officeformac.com" <bhodges@officeformac.com> wrote: > I'd like to grab all of the email addresses in my sent folder and export them > to Excel. Or at least get them to a text document that I ca...

Public Folders will not mount or delete
I cannot mount my First Storage Group Public Folders. I get a message to restart Exchange System Manager and the Information Store service... but this does not work. I was having the same trouble with the mailbox store, but I was able delete and recreate it in another storage group. When I try to delete the public folder group it says that it contains the last MAPI folder tree and cannot be deleted. HELP ... On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:33:44 -0700, StanTech <StanTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cannot mount my First Storage Group Public Folders. I get a message to >...

OWA Public Folder Error 400
While on the local network, I can access public folders via OWA just fine. From outside, the popup starts up for Public Folders from within OWA and I receive and "Unknown Error 400". Any ideas on how I could solve this? Note: We are behind a bordermanager firewall who is proxying our front end exchange server. Take a look at this thread, talks about Firewall not allowing HTTP-WEBDAV-Extension to pass through. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange2000.setup.installation/browse_thread/thread/51c8951aca0cf48c/f7cdf1b1b103ae18?lnk=st&q=owa+public+folder+fire...

Deleting a Folder by Mistake
I deleted a subfolder under my Inbox by mistake. I then went to the delete folder, tools, recover folder, however, the box that appeared did not have any folders in it from which to choose. It should have listed my folder so I could restore it, but it did not. What can I do? I have Outlook 2000 and it is licensed through my office and on my office computer where I am now. Thanks, Susan ...

Outlook 98 Personal Folders -> Outlook 2003
The boss asked me another question today, he has a ton of email stored in personal folders on his old computer, now if I can save myself from having to forward all those emails to his email account and download them that would be bomb. There has to be a way to back up his personal folders with all the emails inside of them. This is very important, any help as soon as possible is appreciated. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Can't yo...

OL2003 SP1 problem with public folder permissions
I have OL 2003 SP1 installed on my machine. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 I'm having problem viewing the public folder client permissions. It only shows the owner information instead, and even so, the permissions for owner are not the same as setup in 2003 using ESM. It showed either "reviewer" or "author" instead of owner! Some other clients in the organixation using the previous OL 2003 version (11.5608.5606). This OL 2003 client doesn't ahve problem with public folder client permissions. They can access those folders according to the permissi...

Favorite Folders #5
Hi there, I drag the search folder 'unread mail' into my favorite folders and the when I restart Outlook it isn't there. I have to drag it there everytime. Is there a way to keep it in Favorites? TIA, Josh ...

New emails to Public Folders
Hi, When emails are sent to public folders, they are in the Post format, how can I stop this from occuring? Using Win2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 Thanks Check out this hot fix should reslove your issue http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817809 "Alan Byrne" wrote: > Hi, > > When emails are sent to public folders, they are in the Post format, how can > I stop this from occuring? > > Using Win2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 > > Thanks ...

Draft Folder
I have an Outlook 2003 client that when she escapes out of an e-mail and Outlook asks if she wants to save the message she clicks Yes. But it brings up the Save As dialogue box rather than just put the e-mail in the Drafts Folder. We have the AutoSave items set to be Drafts folder but we can not get Outlook to save unsent e-mails in the Drafts folder. Any thoughts? Thanks. Any thoughts on this one? JMeyer5241 <JMeyer5241@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Any thoughts on this one? Outlook doesn't have a password. Mail accounts (on the mail server) can have passwo...

Client unable to view Public Folders
All, I have a newly RIS'd XP SP2 w/ Outlook 2003. The old PC was a W2K w/ Outlook 2000. My user could not & still cannot see Public Folders. I verified the Client PC Outlook settings as well as the membership of the Public Folder in the Org. This is the only effected user. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! John Any error messages? Have you tried to recreate mail profile on user's PC? John wrote: > All, > > I have a newly RIS'd XP SP2 w/ Outlook 2003. The old PC was a W2K w/ Outlook > 2000. My user could not & still cannot see Public Folders. I verified th...

Sent E-mail not in Sent Folder
I have sent an e-mail an the recipient did receive it but the e-mail does not appear in my sent Folder Any Ideas Why?? Thanks If it was a Reply and you sent it while in a folder other than the Inbox it would normally be stored in the folder you were in. "Stev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1978f01c44ccc$6f882810$a001280a@phx.gbl... >I have sent an e-mail an the recipient did receive it but > the e-mail does not appear in my sent Folder > > Any Ideas Why?? > > Thanks ...

Migration of database held in public folders into SQL
Currently we have a substantial client database in our exchange 2000 std public folders that we would like to move into a SQL database format. Is anyone able to advise me of what steps will be needed to taken for this to happen =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?= <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2697C1FA-A842-47EF-A28A-FC758781FB38@microsoft.com: > Currently we have a substantial client database in our exchange 2000 > std public folders that we would like to move into a SQL database > format. > > Is anyone able to advise me of what steps will be needed to taken fo...

[ANN] Emails and Events Appear as a Folder With Subject.eml
We have had reports from Entourage 2008 Exchange users, that emails and events are showing up as folders. The developer that is working on this problem is not able to reproduce and suspects it might be database corruption. He is asking for your help. If anyone that is experiencing this problem can provide a database for testing, please contact me via the comments. If you can't provide a database, please send in the answers to the questions posted here: Emails and Events Appear as a Folder With Subject.eml (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/10/emails_and_eve...

Current FOlders/messages gone ?
When I opened Outlook today, every file in every folder was gone. Here's the strangest part...messages are in my In Box from over two years ago. Can anyone help? Thanks! Sounds like the association between Outlook and your current .PST file has been lost and somehow you have an older .PST file open. Search your hard drive for all .PST files -- and if you're using Windows 2000 or XP, you'll need to include hidden folders in your search. See if you can't find one that has a date within the last couple of days and is much larger than the one you're using now. -- Joce...

Outlook 2002 Net Folders
The Net Folders add-in is not available. Help! NetFolders isn't supported in versions of Outlook after 2000 - it was buggy to begin with! See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for more options. J.B. Smith wrote: > The Net Folders add-in is not available. Help! ...