Public Folder replication problems Exchange 2003

We have two Exchange 2003 sites between which we replicate some public
folders. This was working fine until recently, when one folder stopped
replicating in one direction - i.e. postings made to the replica appear in
the original folder, but not vice-versa. At the same time we started
receiving numerous 1110 Events:

Error 0x4ed occurred while writing per-user information for
a.user@company.co.uk on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store
(SERVER)".

The event is repeated multiple times - I assume once for each user, though I
haven't actually checked.

If necessary I'll simply delete and recreate the folder to see if this
resolves things, but I thought I'd ask here first to see whether anyone has
come across this before. Technet searches show similar problems in Exchange
2000 which were fixed. Exchange servers are Win2k3 running Exchange 2003
Enterprise with SP1.

0
roke-it (29)

Hi Customer,

Thank you for the input.

This issue is mostly caused by the corruption of the specific public
folder. Therefore, we may first try to recreate the problematic public
folder to resolve the issue:

1. Back the pulic folder to PST file from Outlook client.
2. Delete the public folder.
3. Recreate it.
4. Restore the PST file back.
5. Verify the issue again.

Hope this helps! If you need more help or have other concerns, just post
back into the newsgroup.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page: