Public Folder Replication not running

We have two exchange 2000 servers in the same exchange organization, same
active directory domain.  We have one set of public folders that have been
configured to replicate to both servers.  We would create public folders on
one server and then they replicate to the other server immediately
(replication interval set to "always").  But last week the replication
suddenly stopped for new folders, although existing ones still appear to
replicate their contents.  When we create a new folder on one server, and
set it in system manger to replicate to the other server, replicas never
appear on the other server.  And the folder called "PUBLIC FOLDER HIERARCHY"
on the destination server has a "last received time" prior to when the
apparent replication of new folders stopped.  We tried to force replication
a number of ways, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  I would have
expected that selecting "all tasks=>add replica" in system manager for the
destination server (in public folders/public folder instances) would have
forced it to occur.  We have successful running maintenance periods of
midnight-4am for both public folder stores.  Next thing we are going to try
is simply rebooting the servers to freshen them up, but maybe someone can
give me a hint on how to solve our problem.

Thanks

Brian

One thing you can look at is turning up event logging on the servers in the
Public Store object for Replication issues.

You can also use Message Tracking to see if the replication request messages
are being delivered from one server to the next.

Andy

"Bvandy" <bvandemark@eline.com> wrote in message
> We have two exchange 2000 servers in the same exchange organization, same
> active directory domain.  We have one set of public folders that have been
> configured to replicate to both servers.  We would create public folders
on
> one server and then they replicate to the other server immediately
> (replication interval set to "always").  But last week the replication
> suddenly stopped for new folders, although existing ones still appear to
> replicate their contents.  When we create a new folder on one server, and
> set it in system manger to replicate to the other server, replicas never
> appear on the other server.  And the folder called "PUBLIC FOLDER
HIERARCHY"
> on the destination server has a "last received time" prior to when the
> apparent replication of new folders stopped.  We tried to force
replication
> a number of ways, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  I would have
> expected that selecting "all tasks=>add replica" in system manager for the
> destination server (in public folders/public folder instances) would have
> forced it to occur.  We have successful running maintenance periods of
> midnight-4am for both public folder stores.  Next thing we are going to
try
> is simply rebooting the servers to freshen them up, but maybe someone can
> give me a hint on how to solve our problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

0
awebb7472 (650)
2/4/2004 5:56:30 AM
Rebooting the server may resolve your problem because when the store
restarts the public folders will send out a status request message and the
comparisons between the servers will begin. Make sure that mail is working
between the servers. This is how replication works. Also it would be a good
idea to turn up diagnostic logging on public folder replication categories.

--
Tyrone Cowart
Microsoft PSS

purposes only.

"Bvandy" <bvandemark@eline.com> wrote in message
> We have two exchange 2000 servers in the same exchange organization, same
> active directory domain.  We have one set of public folders that have been
> configured to replicate to both servers.  We would create public folders
on
> one server and then they replicate to the other server immediately
> (replication interval set to "always").  But last week the replication
> suddenly stopped for new folders, although existing ones still appear to
> replicate their contents.  When we create a new folder on one server, and
> set it in system manger to replicate to the other server, replicas never
> appear on the other server.  And the folder called "PUBLIC FOLDER
HIERARCHY"
> on the destination server has a "last received time" prior to when the
> apparent replication of new folders stopped.  We tried to force
replication
> a number of ways, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  I would have
> expected that selecting "all tasks=>add replica" in system manager for the
> destination server (in public folders/public folder instances) would have
> forced it to occur.  We have successful running maintenance periods of
> midnight-4am for both public folder stores.  Next thing we are going to
try
> is simply rebooting the servers to freshen them up, but maybe someone can
> give me a hint on how to solve our problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

0
tyronec (67)

Protecting Folder
Hello, I'd like to create a folder on a Windows 2003 Business Server which is not accessible unless permission is explicitly granted to a user. It will be to hold an MS Access database backend. I have a folder now in which this is accomplished, but to do it, I created a Security Group, unchecked all of the permissions and denied List Folder Contents permission. This doesn't seem rational to me to have to specifically deny access. I asked a network guy if there was another way, and he said what I did was exactly right. I find it difficult to believe. Thanks for ...

How to reply to an email in a public folder, using a general email address
Hi, I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming enquiries via a public inbox which can be viewed by the whole support team. What I want to be able to do is reply to these messages using a different email address to normal (ie. changing the from address). This is very easy in Outlook Express but I'm not sure how to do this in Outlook 2000. Thanks "Charles" <cwilson@rm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:099d01c36bbe$041773f0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Hi, > > I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming > enquiries via a public inbox whic...

Backing up Personal Folders
Migrating from OLK 2000 to OLK XP I found that somehow the Backup command had disappeared from the File menu. I went to Sue Mosher's site to get the utility installation file "pfbackup.exe" - I saw that the file had been updated in September, so good time I thought, to get a new copy. When the installation routine was complete, I looked - in vain - for the "Backup..." in the File menu. I went back to the site, and read under "Troubleshooting" - "Search you hard disk for the Pfbackup.exe file and make sure that the Pfbackup.exe file that you downloaded ...

How to locate a PC running a know service?
I'm working on a client-server application. The server is installed on a machine on the LAN. Then, the installation CD is inserted into a client PC. I'm trying to locate the server programmatically (from the autorun.exe app on the CD). One option I'm doing is enumerating all computers on the LAN, and then enumerating all services on each computer, looking for my service. This works for many cases. I'm trying to use "connect" with *every* IP within the subnet mask -- but it takes *forever* for each connect to timeout (about 20 seconds per connect). Is there...

keep a running total of my formula results after each (F9)
How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet total... etc Thank you I answered my own question. See about accumulators at >>>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html "Souvien" wrote: > How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet > is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet > total... etc > > Thank you ...

how to delete the persons in the list in File->Open->Other User's Folders
This link (http://www.plantops.umich.edu/support/helpdocs/Outlook/manual/adv/OpenOthrUsrsFldr.pdf) shows us how to open another person's folders using File->Open->Other User's Folders. My question is how to delete the persons in the list? i.e. clear the list. I couldn't find any options to do that. please advise. thanks!! http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

MsMpEng.exe slowing down the opening of folders
Hi, I recently reinstalled the OS on my 2005 Compaq from their disk set for making the laptop look like it just came out of the box. I had previously downloaded the install package for microsoft security essentials, and before going online, I used the Norton removal package to remove all traces of that, then installed MSE, then went online. The system has generally worked well since then. Occasionally, a folder is very slow to display its contents after a reboot. Looking at the task manager process list, I see MsMpEng.exe has a high CPU usage. Googleing MsMpEng.exe return...

How do I set my sent items folder so that it doesn't delete mails.
Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it up so that it never delete any of the sent items. Thanks, -Ajay "Ajay Patel" <Ajay Patel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16684B53-C258-4A87-A5D6-23EB256C1E5F@microsoft.com... > Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it > up > so that it never delete any of the sent items. > How do you mean "deletes" them? are you using mcafee? I understand it will clean up old mail for users. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with C...

Folder Security
At present I have some fiarly standard assistant / manager setup's in respect of the assistant can see ALL of the managers Exchange mailbox. throught the "full mailbox access" option One of the manager's wants to give her assistant access to ALL her mailbox except for 4 folders. As she has circa 100 plus folders, i do not wish to set the security on each of the 100 odd folders to allow the assistant access if I disable the faill mailbox access option Can I do this With thanks Mark On 2 Mar 2007 09:24:15 -0800, "Mark Gould" <mdgould@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

Always view Extra Large Icons in MS Office Picture Mgr folders
1. How do I set a default view for Extra Large Icons in MS Office Picture Manager? When I open a folder I always have to click on open Views (to "Choose how to view the contents of this folder") and click or slide the bar to Extra Large Icons. 2. What is the difference between Picture Mgr and Windows Photo Gallery? Thank-you, kim m ...

Storage Folders in WLM and Windows 7
How can I create STORAGE FOLDERS in WLM using Windows 7. my old computer has windows XP and the storage folders are there, I can not create the same folders in the new computer with Windows 7 Thanks The normal method would be to highlight the Storage Folders header and then click on File > Folders > Create new folder. Is this not available to you or are you looking for a method to import these folders and contents from your Windows XP system? FWIW, I recently helped a friend setup her new Windows 7 PC. I migrated all of her files and settings using the Windows 7 Easy...

Integration Manager only running for some integrations
Setup is GP 10/IM 10 running on Citrix for the clients. I'm the IT person, running GP on my laptop. For some reason, only one of the integrations is not working - the one that updates our chart of accounts. All the other integrations work fine - SOP entry and cash receipts entry. They use IM on a daily basis, mostly for the SOP and cash receipts; the COA is used only rarely. When the client chooses the COA integration, then Run, nothing happens. I tried running the integration myself, and got a "you don't have permissions to these tables" error. So, wha...

outlook folder's permissions. Help!
I need to find out 2 things. 1. How to prevent users from changing their own folder permissions. 2. How to change user's permissions remotely? are there any utilities in exchange server 5.5 that do that? If you know the answer please reply to alex25ny@hotmail.com as soon as possible. thanks in advance. ...

Export folders from Outlook
Hi.. does anyone know how to export mail folders (Inbox subfolders) from Outlook to another installation of Outlook on a different partition? I've managed to transfer my Inbox but none of the folders or the mail within them. Thanks! How are you doing this via Import/Export, if yes as you go through the Wizards and when you select the Folder you should see a checkbox to "include sub folders" "kath" <ksintihakis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a2001c34b92$723bb590$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi.. does anyone know how to export mail folders (Inbox > subfold...

How to delete system public folder in Exchange?
Hello, does anybody know how to remove the system public folder? My situation is as follow: I have created new offline address list named "Test Offline Address List" for testing purposes. I deleted this list few days after. I expected that public folder "/o=My_Organization/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Test Offline Address List" which is under OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK will have been deleted after public store maintenance. But I was wrong. So I tryied to delete the subfolders "OAB Version 2" and "OAB Version 3a" myself within ESM. Deletion was successful. But I ...

Public Folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "gumby" <Drinkingbeer@yourplace.now> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? What does "flag" mean? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Moving Large emails to Public folders
One of our clients has a Mac which is synchronized to his exchange account, they are running exchange 2003 sp2. When he attempts to move emails with slightly bigger attachments (e.g. 1.6mb) then it throws up this error: "The action cannot be completed due to an error on the exchange server". Entourage is fully up to date. Anything I can do? Cheers ...

Moving Public Folder posts to PST file
My company is required to archive all email messages, I have set up a Public Folder to work with message journaling and it serves it's purpose well. My problem is now that the folder has grown quite large I would like to archive it by exporting to PST files. When I try exporting the "posts" from the retained mail folder to a PST file the operation always completes, but it does not have the right amount of mail messages. Anyone ever heard of this? And anyone know how to fix it? On 6 Dec 2005 11:56:31 -0800, "texizboy" <jasonlec@gmail.com> wrote: >My company i...

Enumerate Group access to AD data folders.
Have been trying without success to find a script or a 3rd party software which will allow me to identify what files/folders a group or user has access too. It very easy from the file/folder level to see what has been assigned but we really need to be able to do it from a user/group to identify access levels for some of our older groups. Can anyone make any suggestions on what script or product would allow me to do this. Thanks. "dandare00uk" <dandare00uk@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:7bbae636-b759-4c4c-bb75-f3a7227abebf@d20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com......

out look 2007 want to remove unwanted folders under my mail LF sid
Just installe office 2007 In Outlook how do I remove unwanted folders under my E mail address left side column? Thanks Ralph what are the folders called? are they in favorite folders or in mail folders / all mail items? You can't remove the default outlook folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Publication of Changes
CRM Vn1.2 Several questions, all linked: I've just made a lot of changes to Subjects on our production environment - will they be available to everyone straightaway or do I need to publish the changes? What changes are immediate and what need publishing and what need an IIS restart? Finally, if I decide that I don't want to publish a change how do I get rid of them so they aren't published next time I change something? Thanks, Sarah. Hi Sarah, > I've just made a lot of changes to Subjects on our production environment - > will they be available to everyone str...

Unable to Run BPA or EPA
I am unable to collect any data when I run Exchange Profile Analyzer or the Best Practice Analyzer. I am running them under a Domain Admin account, but it says I don't have permission to access certain parts of the mail storage group. I can tell it to go ahead and run anyway, but it returns no data when it's done. We have just a single Exch2K3 server running on a Windows Server 2003 box. A single domain, single forest. A very simple infrastructure. What could be going on here? I would love to be able to run these tools. Thanks. On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:54:02 -0700, Peter D <...

Favorite Folder removal 03
Hi everyone, I need help. I can't figure out how to get rid of the "favorite folders" section in the folder view of Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Ok, I'm a doof. I messed around with the settings in the "go" and selected "folder list". Now it's gone, but I can't un-do it to test! ARgh!! >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, I need help. I can't figure out how to get >rid of the "favorite folders" section in the folder view >of Outlook 2003. > >Any ideas? >. > You can't. -- Sue Mosher, Outlo...

Public folder replication confirmation
Hi, Is there a way to verify that replication of public folder has been made completely? I know that you can check on each folder and check the replica's property but do I have to do this for every single folder? Plus, the status doesnt seems to be what it is. I mean, I just enabled the replication for a particular folder and it already told me that the folder was In Sync. This is not right. The folder is empty! (I have stuff in that folder on my old server) Even when the replication has started (i can see the number of items growing by pressing F5), the status is still In Sync. For now...

font folder, where is it?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I checked ~library, system/library, /library, applications, and Documents and I cannot find that folder. I want to copy a few fonts so that other applications can use them. Is that possible?? Thanks. <br><br>Bea Mac OS X maintains a set of three font folders, two are shared, one private to each login. If you want to make a font available to all applications and all users, put it in /Library/Fonts Your personal font folder will be in /Users/<your login name>/Library/Fonts I keep ...