Public Folder Replication #21

Hello,

I have recently added a new Exchange2003sp1 server to my Domain and am
transitioning data from an Exchange 2000 server to the new ex03 server.  I
am following the steps in Article 307917 Regarding Removing the first
Exchange 2000 server from a domain.

I have set all of my public folders to replicate to the new server, however
not all of the data is making it to the new server.  It appears that all of
the folders have made it to the new server, but some folders are empty, some
only have partial contents.  is there a way to force a replication of all
data from one server to the other?

Any help on trouble shooting this setup would be appreaciated.  The desire
is to move everything to the new server and then shut down the old one.

Thanks

Custom report folders
Is it possible to add new report folders to Crystal Enterprise on the CRM server? I have the 8.5 developer edition for CRM installed on another machine for editing. TIA Simon No it is not. Reason is that if you added a new folder all the source code for the web would have to update as well so for now you can only save to existing report folders "Simon Storr" <sstorr@sdasolutions.com> wrote in message news:%23XpLaJBiDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add new report folders to Crystal Enterprise on the CRM > server? I have the 8.5 developer edition ...

orphan personal folders file
I've got a personal folders entry on my outlook 2003 folder list that isn't connected to any actual folders. If I click on it I see an error message that says "The set of folders could not be opened" Presumably somewhere in the registry is an entry that leads to a null or non-existant file. Could anyone point me at a remedy? I've searched MS Support but no help there. Thanks Posted here countless times. You have a corrupt profile, probably from migrating a data file incorrectly. It's harmless. If you want to fix it, create a new profile from scratch. --...

Multiple Public Folder Stores
Is it possible to have multiple MAPI based public folder stores in Exchange 2003 all visible from an Outlook client? Thanks Alan - You can have multiple public folder stores associated with the MAPI hierarchy in the Exchange 2003 organization, but you can have only one such public folder store per server. -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Alan Roberts" <alan.rob...

MAPI access to Outlook 2003 folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C4C7FC.3AB2F830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I support an application that uses 32bit MAPI to access the folders of a = local Outlook installation. The same application can also access = Outlook Express. This function accesses the folders so that the = contents of the email messages can be stored inside of a database for = future reference. Our application is able to access the Sent Items and Deleted Items = folders in Outlook clients only. If ...

Why is Outlook 03 synchronizing folders with every send?
Running Outlook 2003 and WIN XP/SP2. With every send attempt, I get an icon and a message Outlook synchronizing folders. Send and receive times have increased tremendously. I was online with my ISP and they claim issue is on my end. I use cable modem and my web-based mail works fine using Time Warner website. This occurs on my laptop but not on my desktop. Suggestions? ...

Exch 5.5 public folder duplication
We have created a Public folder of type Post. All users can post and read from it. We use it as an items for sale area. Sometimes, however, multiple entries of the same entry appear, sometimes 2, 3 or 4 copies. Anyone know what might be causing this? ...

Cannot open Public folders in Exchange System Manager
Hello, I have a problem opening public folders in Exchange system manger. The MMC hangs, when I click on "Public Folders", but these folders can be reached and opened in Outlook. The Public Folder Store is mounted. I guess it has something to do with the Exchange servers' IIS TCP port, which was 80, when Exchange was installed. Unfortunately it had to be changed later. Could that be the problem? And if so, how to I tell Exchange that the port has changed? Thanks in advance! On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:25:16 -0700, "TomK" <TomK@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 Personal Folders: Does encryption slow access to mail?
Hi, I have a 2Gb .pst file that I have built up over several years. (Never have deleted good mail or autoarchived anything). This .pst file is of course a 97-2002 version .pst file. I have reached the file size limit for this. I an error message coming up that I need to switch to the new kind of .pst file. When creating a new file there is the option for "compressible encryption" or "high encryption". With a large mail box (2Gb) would using either encryption method this significantly slow down Outlook functions such as searches through contacts and mail folders. Would one ...

Storing files in folders
Hi, I have Outlook 2002. How do I store all files in a folder to a CD-Rom disk. I have tons of video clips jokes that people send me. Thanks in advance. David David <dy168@cox.net> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002. How do I store all files in a folder to a > CD-Rom disk. I have tons of video clips jokes that people send me. The simplest say is to close Outlook and copy your PST to a CD. To be more selective, create a new PST and move the folder you wish to preserve to that PST. Close Outlook and copy that PST to the CD. -- Brian Tillman ...

Lost Permission to Public Folders
Hello All, I think I just shot my self in the foot and set the "Everyone" usr permissions to DENY on my Public Folders. Now I cannot view my Public Folders Tree within the Exchange System Manager. Is there any way I can reverse this so that I can view my public folders again. Thanks, Eric Everyone shouldnt apply if you had the administrator account as full control ... I think that the administrator supercedes the everyone in AD .. but im not quite sure "sappy" <sappy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C333E98F-BDDF-4209-9945-8C1F4876A141@micros...

Can I *easily* rename folders?
Am using Outlook 2002. I made a few backups (using export function), and they all got the name "Personal Folder" which makes it hard to distinguish what's open if I open all of them up along with others. Of course, for future ones, now I tell it during the export process to use a different name like "Personal Folder Backup1", etc. But is there an easy way to just rename the existing ones I've got? ....without opening ,re-exporting to new name, then deleting old name? Thanks Add all the desired PST files to your profile in Outlook through File | Data File Mana...

Outlook 2003 personal folders #2
When I view the Navigation pane in my Outlook I notice I have 5 personal folders. They are all exactly the same. This is a bit disconcerting to me and I'd like to get rid o4 of them if it doesn't harm the one left. I can't seem to find a way of doing this. Can someone here help, please. Thanks in advance Dave go through the 4 you dont want and drag any items you want to save into the 1 that you do want. then simply go to tools accounts data files and remove the 4 you dont want. then you can delete them from the hard drive if you like also "Dave" <davetali...

Hyperlink from Excel to Public Folder
What is the path if I want to install a hyperlink in Excel to read contacts in the public folder? ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder Limit
Hi, I have a folder in our public folders that I use to post documents. It will not allow me to post more than 100 documents in this folder. I have 120 documents that I am trying to insert into the message but it always fails at document 101 with the message " the operation failed". All combined documents are only 3 megabytes and my limit is 20 megabytes so it is not a "storage limit". I've tested it in several different ways, folders,types ect. and it always fails at document 101. Somewhere in there is a limit of 100 on how many attachments you ...

Deleted items NOT going to Deleted Items folder
Got a new, Windows 7 Home, PC. Dealer imported all from Outlook Express on old XP Home PC. Now when I delete an email it disappears - doesn't go to the Deleted Items folder. How do I get it to go to the Deleted Items folder? Keith I use Outlook Express 6 so your version may be different... Take a look in Tools, Options, Maintenance tab and see if Deleted Messages are deleted; is so, try unchecking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Keith" <Keith@nohtsystems.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:4ccc075f$0$2529$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk... > Got a new, Windows 7 Home, ...

Public folder replication problem
I am migrating an email system from a win2003 server with exchange 2003 to sbs2003 (we're a small var and we installed the first machine before recieving the ms action pack so the migration does sort of make sense). In any case, I migrated the mail without problems. I now have two servers, both of which are running smtp listeners. If I send email via smtp to either it is correctly delivered to the mailbox (implying that routing conectivity is ok). Both machines have exchange sp1. However, my problem is that the public folders with all the contacts etc refuses to replicate. In my event l...

Is there a way to set Folders view as the default when Outlook is first installed?
This is kind of a reverse of the question I posted the other day... I know it's really Outlook, but the questions on those forums seem rather basic, and no one bit on my other question... We're getting ready to deploy Outlook2003 to about 10,000 users. Is there a way to set the default veiw to Folder List instead of Mail when Outlook2003 is installed? Folder List is the view in which the user is able to see Public Folders.... Thanks for any ideas, Cappy On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:32:16 -0400, "Cappy" <cappy _ p @ juno.com> wrote: >This is kind of a reverse of th...

Personal Folder (pst) messages being moved to deleted items folder
A few users I assist have recently had the cleansing of their Personal Folders data. All of this data if broken into dozens of sub-folders and for an unknown reason moved into the "Deleted Items" folder. The good news is the messages are all there, but the bad news, it's no longer sorted logically. 1) Is there any way to reverse this? 2) How can we prevent this from happening again or to others? (I've verified auto archiving is turned off - and noone has run it on their own) Windows XP SP3 - Outlook 2007 SP2. Thank you, Jim 1) Restoring from backup wi...

Contacts Folder Problem
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] I would appreciate advice on how to fix. -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Reset the connection between the Outlook Address Book and your Contact Folder. Go to Tools | E-mail account...

HELP !!! Messages backing up in SMTP queue local delivery folder
I have just built an exchange 2000 cluster(active/passive) on exchange 2000 adv server SP4. Set up my connectors and queues. I have some users who complain that messages just sit in their outbox for a long time. When I check my SMTP queues it seems messages are getting queued in the Local delivery queue. No real errors in event viewer or logs. They eventually do get delivered but sometimes build up to a couple of hundred before the queue empties itself. This server is set up exacly like my old cluster except for the HW and disk space(reason I built new one) with the queues set up ...

Subfolders in Outlook Express and Sent Folder didn't export
I just upgraded to windows & from Vista. I downloaded Windows Live for my email program. It exported my contacts and my inbox but not any subfolders I had created and my sent folder. I really need those emails. How do I recover them? Windows 7 doesn't have an email client, thus WLM can't directly import anything from Windows 7. Are the folders present in WLM under Storage Folders/Imported folders ? - if the Storage folders are not present enable them for viewing(WLM Menu/View/Layout/Folder Pane/Show Storage folders) - if the WLM menu is not present, press the A...

Set rights on folder
I want to make a script that makes 3 folders in the folder the script is run. (so far no problem) But one of the folders I want to change the folder security. Samlpe: Creating folder1, folder2 and folder3 Folder1 everyone, full controll, Folder2 everyone, full controll, Folder3 remove everyone and add the group "tecnical" -T Found all I needed here: http://www.activexperts.com/activmonitor/windowsmanagement/adminscripts/filesfolders/folders/ - T "Talinc" <terje@talinc.no> skrev i melding news:%23amqWNmcKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I w...

Public folder replication #38
I have two Exchange 2003 servers. Public folders are replicated. I can make public folder email enabled on one server, but was not able on another. When going to properties on second server i am getting error "The mail proxy for this folder can not be found." On first server i was able to make folder email enable. Are replicated folders equal or they master/slave ? Is there a way to tell which folder is main? Thanks -- Ilya In Exchange 200x there is no primary folder server like there was on Exchange 5.5. It's possible that what you've done on one folder store hasn&#...

Moving email folders, accounts, rules etc from Outlook 2003 to 200
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with Outlook 2007 [Windows 7]. So far I have 1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new laptop due to "access" issues. 2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sen...

Public Folders in Outlook over the Internet
Is there a way to attach a public folder, like a calendar, into Outlook over the Internet, like you can with Sharepoint? Or do you have to do the entire process of making Exchange available over the Internet? (I already have an article on that). Tim Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. I am afraid it is impossible to publish the public folder like calendar over internet. However, you may use one of the following workarounds to reach your aim. 1. Publish the Public Folder as a newsgroup. This allows people using Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) newsreaders (such as OE) to par...