Public Folder Permissions - Groups v Users

I have a user whose USER account has Publishing Editor rights to a
public folder. There are 2 other groups added to the PF, one group has
reviewer and the other has Editor rights. This user is ALSO a member
of those 2 groups. What rights does the user have? (feels like an MCSE
test question, huh?)
The reason this came up is because the user wants to create sub
folders so i made the USER acct  permissions Publishing Editor. The
user still couldn't add sub folders. I checked the 2 groups and saw
that the user is in both groups and that both groups have different
access.

Thanks all!
Mike

0
MikeBergin (13)

In news:1170710232.436416.91350@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
Mike <MikeBergin@gmail.com> typed:
> I have a user whose USER account has Publishing Editor rights to a
> public folder. There are 2 other groups added to the PF, one group has
> reviewer and the other has Editor rights. This user is ALSO a member
> of those 2 groups. What rights does the user have? (feels like an MCSE
> test question, huh?)
> The reason this came up is because the user wants to create sub
> folders so i made the USER acct  permissions Publishing Editor. The
> user still couldn't add sub folders. I checked the 2 groups and saw
> that the user is in both groups and that both groups have different
> access.
>
> Thanks all!
> Mike

I believe he should have publishing editor rights.What happens when he tries
to create subfolders?

0
lanwench (7567)
2/6/2007 12:06:08 AM
Not sure of the specifics when he tries to create subfolders, all i
get from end user is that they "can't". I am going to have to rdp the
desktop to view exact error. I will post my findings. I too thought
that pub editor would win out....

0
MikeBergin (13)

Outlook 2003 cached exchange mode folder size issue
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connection via HTTP and using cached exchange mode for synching everything up. I noticed when looking at folder sizes that there are two tabs - local data and server data. The sizes for the same folders do not match, in fact the local data is about twice the size of the server data for the account with various discrepencies for each folder. When viewing the account in OWA, it is exactly the same as the account viewed in Outlook. Is this an issue with the local copy having free, unused space in the data file? Can this local file be "cleaned" to r...

Product key needed for Microsoft Office v.X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just purchased a new 2.66 GHz 24' iMac and am not able to open Microsoft Office v.X. First, I copied this version onto my new mac via firewire connection to my old mac. The application started to open but stopped. I then copied it from my external hard drive to my new mac. Same problem. Finally, I tried to install it from the copied version I have. Being that it is not the original version I do not have the product key and still cannot open it. Does anyone have a product key for this or suggestions other than upgrad...

Why is first font action v-e-r-y slow?
I have WinXP SP2 with Office 2003 [2]. Each time I start Excel or Word (and probably others), when I first do anything font-related, it takes several seconds (sometimes 12 sec or more) to complete. Thereafter, the font actions are immediate. What is causing this delay? More importantly, how can I avoid it? By "font actions", I mean: pull down the font list on a taskbar; click on the font tab under Format / Cells; click on bold or italics on the taskbar. I believe the font delay is caused by some network activity -- perhaps a network search (for font updates?). I come to that ...

Followup Flagged items in the Deleted Items Folder
Outlook 2007 has a nice feature that allows follow-up flagged emails appear in the Task list pane. However, I don't like my inbox to be cluttered up with items. So I delete the emails and later may follow up. However, when I delete the email, the email no longer appears in my Task list. Is there an option that can change this? How do I delete an email (obviously not permanently) and still be able to see it in the Task List. Cheers The Deleted Items folder is not a holding place - it is the garbage bin. = If you want to keep items for later follow-up, create a folder called = &qu...

formula for displaying only the last entry of a group of cells
How do you write the formula that will display only the latest entry in a succession of entries? For example, if I have 12 months in 12 columns, and the 13th column specifies "Last Update" , if I have made entries for Jan, Feb, Mar so far, I need only the latest and last entry to appear in the 13th column. When I enter April, then it would display in the 13th column cell and so on. Please help. -- Thank you Hi, This returns the rightmost entry in the row A2:M2 =LOOKUP(2,1/(A2:M2<>""),A2:M2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise...

distribution groups don't deliver to some addresses
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040204040500070505000200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I've been trying to create a distribution group that includes both internal and external contacts. I've created all the external contacts as contacts in AD, adding an Exchange email address (SMTP:user@externaldomain.com). When sending to this group messages fail to be delivered to some people on the list, it would appear that it won't deliver to hotmail.com, NTL or Wannadoo. I've checked that the...

User cannot use OWA or IMAP
I have two users with identical names. They have different usernames however. (stuartp and stupearse). stuartp can access mail via both OWA and IMAP just fine. stupearse cannot. It appears that any new user is unable to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have recently taken over as IT Manager and I am lost as to what is wrong. OWA and IMAP is alledgedly enabled for these users in the User Properties dialogue. What is the error that is recieved. And can you just confirm whether it is infact all new users or just one of these identically named users. Ol...

Outlook 2003 folder list
I have several mailbox accounts listed in my folder list. Is there a way to change the order in which those accounts show on the folder list. Example: Mailbox - Help is listed below Mailbox - Reports; I would want to change the order to be Mailbox - Help then Mailbox - Reports. How would I do that? The default delivery location/account is always sorted at the top of the list first, then we sort alphabetically after that. Many of us use "1-(account)" then "2-(account)" to force the sorting to place specific accounts above others. -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! ...

Public Folder Permissions on EX2003
What groups should I be using to control public folder access? I get the GAL when I wish to assign PF permissions. I would like to assign a Dynamic group to all have access to a PF - Is that possible? If not what should I be doing? Thanks, Bob. Guys, Can anyone give me some tip son the group permissionings for Public fodlers... Thanks, Bob. >-----Original Message----- >What groups should I be using to control public folder >access? > >I get the GAL when I wish to assign PF permissions. > >I would like to assign a Dynamic group to all have access >to a PF - ...

permission problem
hi, i recently upgraded my NT4 domin to windows 2003 and encountered permission problem with the delegates in outlook. my upgrade plan was : installed 2 domain on new computers with new domain name install exchange on new computer and same site as exchange 5.5 moved all the users with admt to the new domain and installed ADC now my users are still logon to the old domain because i didnt do computer admt whan i moved all the mailboxs from the old server to the new server all the users that can see other users mailboxs can not see tham anymore, the only solution i found is to move the compute...

Cannot drag from inbox to personal folders
I can't seem to drag a message from my inbox to one of my folders anymore. I used to be able to and I can't figure out what's changed. Any help would be appreciated. So would any useful information. What version of Outlook? How many personal folders files do you have? Are each of them accessible if you click on a folder in the personal folders file? What error message do you get? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be d...

Storage Folder 04-01-10
In Windows 7 Windows Live Male there is a Folder named Storage Folder. On one of my computers it doesnt show. How do I correct this ? View | Layout | Folder Pane. Check: Show Storage Folders. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Storage Folder" <Storage Folder @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFACBF97-DBD4-4631-BCCB-29BE01161356@microsoft.com... > In Windows 7 Windows Live Male there is a Folder named Storage Folder. > > On one of my computers it doesnt show. > > How do I correct thi...

Configuring e@syfolder discussion group
We've started using e@syfolders in a Corporate or Workgroup environment. I've been testing this with a colleague, and we've discovered a flaw in the way we were hoping to use these. We had hoped to be able to put Word documents in the DD such that individual team members could update it with Track Changes enabled so that we could see who had done what and when. I got my colleague to open a test document from the e@syfolder DD on his PC whilst I already had it open. I then asked him to make some changes and save it which was all OK. I then made some changes from my PC on the co...

Cannot delete files or folders in Outlook 2007 on Vista desktop co
At some point recently, I lost the ability to delete files & folders in Personal Folders of Outlook 2007. I can add new files & folders without problems. I've checked on the web and most solutions point to running Scanpst.exe. When I run this app, I get an error saying that OMMAPI32.dll cannot be found, even though I can see it in the Office 12 folder. One suggestion was to run "regsrvr olmapi32.dll, but it fails, saying the module couldn't be loaded. Can anyone out there suggest what I might try to correct this problem. I know I'm not along, becaus...

Active Directory user authentication problem
Hi There I have a piece of code that I am using to authenticate users of active directory, is very straightforward, here it is. IADsOpenDSObject *pDSO = NULL; //this is just a result code HRESULT hr = S_OK; hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP:", IID_IADsOpenDSObject, (void**) &pDSO); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) { IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pDSO->OpenDSObject(CComBSTR("LDAP://uk.mycompany.com"), CComBSTR(username), CComBSTR(password), ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, &pDisp); } My problem is that the HRESULT error code returned when someone trys to login incorrec...

Attachments from Netscape Users
I am using outlook while a number of colleagues use netscape. When they forward e-mails to me, I am able to view e-mails that have been 'forwarded in line', but when they send emails as 'forward as attachment' I see a file with no extension in the OL attachment window and get an error 'could not open one or more attachments - the object could not be found'. Any ideas on the problem or potential solution??? ...

exchange 2003 public distribution problem
Hi, i am having a very funny problem. I am running exchange 2003 and and a public folder in which we have a group called Management Team contacts. Inside that we have a distribution list which have around 6 members. Whenever we send a meeting request to this group a user who is NOT a member of this group also receives this invite. how do i sort this out? thanks On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:50:10 -0800, melu <melu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >i am having a very funny problem. I am running exchange 2003 and and a >public folder in which we have a group called...

Hide and restrict rows for each user to view his own record only
Source worksheet [ID] [Name] [Date] [Attend Time] 123 MARY [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 123 MARY [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 123 MARY [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 ...................... =========================================================== A user receive this sheet and then he will input ID no. at a cell. [Input ID No.] (Remark: User Mary input...

Unable to create user
Hi I have domain abc.com and exchange2000 is workking on this domain. i have put xyz.com in upn suffix and want to setup xyz.com on the same exchange box on which abc.com is there. Now when i want to create user for xyz.com which is already there in abc.com then it says user already exist Regards Abhishek. Hi, If that user account already exist and all you want to do is to add the xyz.com address just use the recipient policies to do this. There is no need to create a separate user. 319201 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?...

Folder view changes randomly
When i create a subfolder under Incoming or Sent folders with the view according to the main folder, the subfolder randomly changes its view acoording to another mainfolder. Incoming subfolder may suddenly have a view of Sent-folder in spite of the originalle created view. This is a nuisance. How can I fix the folder view? One of the views is corrupt. Start outlook with the /cleanviews switch. Note - it will erase any custom views you currently have. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Show In Groups Default
Having upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003, every time I go to a folder for the first time, the "Show In Groups" item is checked. Is there a way to set the default to NOT show in groups, rather than having to do it manually for each folder? Thanks Edit the Messages view or define a new one you apply to the folder on first use. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "John Schneider" <JohnDONTSPAMME.Schneider@eWebITNOSPAM.Kom> wrote in...

Help with Public Folder Permisssions
G'day. I am the ower of a Public folder. I cannt change the permissions on this folder. Outlook says ' The modified permissions could not be saved'. Does anyone have any ideas. TX. what version Exchange? are you trying to modify them via Outlook, or the Exchange Admin or ESM program? "Wiley Coyote" <wiley@mentorits.com> wrote in message news:eGVN8xzSFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > G'day. I am the ower of a Public folder. I cannt change the permissions on > this folder. Outlook says ' The modified permissions could not be saved'. > &g...

Users cannot create appointments
Hi everyone We have recently updated CRM to 3.0. Since the upgrade, everything is working ok but for one little problem. I have users in one particular BU that cannot create appointments. Users in all other BUs do not experience this problem. Also, if a move a user out of this BU, he will be able to create appointments. I have rollup 2 applied. Clues anyone? Thanks! -- GVerreault Well I'm sure you've already deduced that the issue is security related. what is the error they get? can you describe the organization/BU structure in your CRM? You said that if you move a user f...

Read yahoo news groups with OE?
Not being very familiar with Yahoo, and having been asked to contribute to a newsgroup there, I wonder if it is possible to set up an account for this in OE and read it with my other news groups rather than with a browser? If so, can someone advise me of the server settings. Cheers, S No, because they are html groups that must be viewed in a brower. "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%23u%23$RWQoKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... : Not being very familiar with Yahoo, and having been asked to contribute to a : newsgroup there...

.Re: Using Xsl to group by unique values
"Anas M. Nebuchadnezzar XXXVII" <Duck@Kronkltd.net> wrote in message news:DLWdneiY8IsBdKPdRVn-uQ@comcast.com... > I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, seeing this problem > is pretty much straight XSL, but here goes. > > I'm writting a simple employee database, and I want to be able to: > A) get a node-set returning only unique values based off of a query. > (the names of all the managers) > b) loop through each of the nodes, sorted by the list of the managers. > > My Xml looks something like this: > > <root> &...