Public Folder Permissions changed

We have a user who indicated his Public Folder sub-tree had it's default
permissions set to Author.  Are there any known issues in regards to a
combination of client software/configurations that would overwrite the
permissions for Defautlt and Anonymous access?  Is there any kind of log file
that would tell us when/who changed the permissions?

We are running E2K3 in a 4+1 cluster.

Thanks,

John Oster
OUHSC/IT
0
JohnO (7)

John-O <JohnO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a user who indicated his Public Folder sub-tree had it's default
>permissions set to Author.  Are there any known issues in regards to a
>combination of client software/configurations that would overwrite the
>permissions for Defautlt and Anonymous access?

Other than wetware that operates the software? None that I know of.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

If statement to change colour
Hi all I need to know if i can get excel to change the colour of text (or cell) from an 'if' statement. For example: if <this> mathes <that> change colour to red. If that's not possible, anything that can change the appearance of the cell or text. Many thanks --- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "digitallifeform" <digitallifeform.y6fpa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:digitallifeform.y6fpa@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hi all > > I need to know if i can get excel to change the colour of text (or > cell) ...

Overwrite Changes when saving
Each time I save an Excel File, the following message appears and I want to disable it. The file may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? Save a copy or Overwrite Changes Not sure if this is the reason, but you may have enabled shared mode. Check Tools | Share workbook... -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <C9AE6E99-2226-47DA-B235-4C3F32F100A5@microsoft.com>, "=? Utf-8?B?U2hhcmkgS29sYm8=?=" <Shari...

Personal Folders Backup tool doesn't show backup in the file menu
I installed the Outlook 2003 Personal Folders Backup tool but it doesn't show backup in the file menu so I can't get to it to make/change it's settings Check Outlook-About-Disabled Items. If you find it , just enable. Tools-options-other-advanced options-Comm Addins-Add-Select Outbak.dll Then check again Raviraj Lanjekar "Robert Hawkins" wrote: > I installed the Outlook 2003 Personal Folders Backup tool but it doesn't show > backup in the file menu so I can't get to it to make/change it's settings ...

Exch 2003 mailbox permissions
First off, I migrated from Exchange 5.5 as I upgraded the domain from NT to 2003 in December, which I suspect may be causing the issue. It was a mailbox move, not an in-place upgrade. Everything else in the domain is working smoothly except this. In AD Users and Computers, I open up the user whose mailbox I want to grant access to, Exchange Advanced -> Mailbox Rights, and add the appropriate user, making sure that Full Mailbox Access is checked. This works for most users, but certain users I add to the permissions list are not able to get into a mailbox - the two domain administrator acc...

Public Folders Missing in Exchange Administrator in 2000
I recently changed our administrator password on our domain, and now I cannot get the public folders under the Administrative Groups -> First Administrative Group -> Folders -> Public folders to appear. The public folders are available via the Servers-ServerName-First Storage group -Public folder store, and I can edit and add email addresses to the public folders here, but I cannot add new folders. Before I changed the password, I was able to access the public folders where I needed to. Changing the password back to the original one seems to have no effect also. How can I get acces...

Can't sync delete imap folders on Entourage
I have been "playing" with a gmail Imap account and experimenting before I switch over my main hosted account. I have set up folders on either Entourage or the Gmail (via browser) and they both appear and sync with each other. I have deleted the folders on Gmail but they don't delete on Entourage. If I try to delete them, I get an error message "The IMAP server could not delete a folder". Is there a protocol for deleting folders - should they be deleted from Entourage first? Julian On 2010-01-31 15:38:36 -0500, Julian Solomons said: > I have ...

permission to delete spam
I'm wanting to delete all spam from folder, it says I need administrator permission to do so. I went in Tools, Properties, clicked on Administrator and don't know what they are asking. Help!! ...

Change From address for bulk email?
Hello, We have set up an info@ address which we would like to use to send out our newsletter through CRM. Does anyone know how to get CRM to send the email from an info@ address rather than mine? Thanks, Katherine ...

Is there any doc to tell the change/difference of html.xla in Exce
I have problem when using running the Excel-2002 Marco to generate a HTML report OfficeXP environment. The problem was temporarily solved by replacing the html.xla from Excel 97 overwrite the one from Excel XP Run-time error '1004': The macro 'DoHTMLCommand' cannot be found Is there any doc to tell the change/difference of html.xla in Excel 97 ? so I can check if the function call is changed ? ...

2 Personal Folders #2
I have 2 personal folders Why? How do I get rid of one of them. Mark Right click->close. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, microsoft asked: | I have 2 personal folders | Why? | How do I get rid of one of them. | Mark It is grayed out. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message news:eGCBHkLtEHA.1452@TK2M...

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Can you change a Report Caption property?
I have a simple Access report captioned "ARK252 Balancing" that is currently e-mailed manually on a daily basis. Under the current process, we would export the report in .rtf format and rename manually using the most recent date in the [SS DATE] field in one of the tables. For example, the report Caption currently reads "ARK252 Balancing 06202007.rtf". I have created a macro that uses the SendObject action to generate and attach the report to the e-mail recipients in the .rtf format automatically to eliminate this manual process. Can the Caption of the report (wh...

Remove Duplicate Contacts Across Multiple Folders?
We have a few different contact folders in our public folders we use to track clients, and contacts, and a mailing list. I would like to be able to quickly identify if people are duplicated in these folders. I have found programs that will scan one folder for a duplicate, but I would like to compare across multiple folders. Is there a way to do this? Thanks! Both the duplicate removers from Sperry Software and MAPILab can process multiple folders at once. Duplicate Contacts Eliminator (Sperry Software) http://addins.howto-outlook.com/sperry_duplicatecontacts If you decide to order use &...

Problem with outlook 2003 copying messages to sent items folder on IMAP server
I wrote a rule to copy items in my Outlook 2003 sent items folder to a folder of my choice on an IMAP server. Unfortunately, when it does this, the message that is copied over does not appear to be properly formatted, and causes problems with other mail readers. No address is present in the "from" field, even though that information is present in the copy of the same message in the Sent Items folder that Outlook 2003 uses locally. For example, a properly formatted mail message looks like: Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:16:20 -0700 (PDT) From: My name <person@example.com> X-X-Se...

Auditing public calendars
Hi, Is there a was to audit changes made to a public calendar / folder? Would it have to be through a 3rd party util? Company wants an audit log of who makes changes to a public folder. Not system changes, they want to know who is deleting . adding stuff to a public calendar. thanks if you change the view on the calendar to "active appointments", and add the "From" field, you can see who created an item...but I don't believe there's an option to enable logging to the point where you can see who deleted something...how many people have the permissions needed...

changing the dialog background color #2
Hi, I already sent a question in the forth of January and tried the suggestions I got. I would like to cange the background color. As suggested, I tried to write CWinApp::SetDialogBkColor(RGB(0,0,255),RGB(255,0,0)); in the OnCtlColor function and got an error message saying "'CWinApp::SetDialogBkColor' : cannot access protected member declared in class 'CWinApp'" What is wrong with it? According to another suggestion, I tried to find the function OnEraseBkgnd in the override functions list that appears in the properties of the view class in order to paint t...

Folder size, access somehow other than button in properties of Outlook Today?
Is there another way to access the information? I've always found the way the data is displayed too difficult to read (for my eyes). This would be much more acceptable if we could sort by largest-to-smallest folder or vice versa. It would be nice to be able to have the information sorted by size so that we could more easily know at a quick glance which folders to go back to to start removing attachments or even emails from to reduce size. What alternatives are there, even if in 3rd party software? Some sort of viewer of this data even. I've been searching and searching but haven&...

Creating a 2 Year Calendar with Mass Changes
I just created a 2 year calendar in Pub 2007 that uses 1 month per page. I do not like the size of the table on the 1st page (month) so i resized it to fit my needs. Is there a way to keep those adjustments of that 1 table and apply the same adjustments to the remaining 23 month tables all at once? Thanks. In the calendar options, include a schedule of events. This will resize the table a good bit, maybe enough. You can delete the schedule of events text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dwalsh77" &l...

Distribution groups change to security groups!!
I set up Global distribution groups that magically revert to security groups in Exchange 2003. Any ideas?! -- TIA! Ki Hi Ki, This happens because someone is using the Distribution group t o set permissions on a Public folder. PFs are secured using Security Groups. This is by design... Dick "Ki" wrote: > I set up Global distribution groups that magically revert to security groups > in Exchange 2003. Any ideas?! > -- > TIA! > Ki But...when you go to set permissions on your calendar (not public folders) the only groups that show up are distribution groups?...

password protection on email folder
I have a folder which I transfer all privet email which does not belong to the business, can I put a password on that folder so anyone looking in my comuter should not be able to open it? Jacob Not that I'm aware of. I would suggest getting a private email address (Yahoo or Hotmail) and have private emails sent there. hth DDS "Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message news:%238WPfTM6GHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a folder which I transfer all privet email which does not belong to >the business, can I put a password on that folder so anyone looking i...

Posting Setup Changing
I have a question regarding the posting setup for transaction or batch jorunal entry. My client has an issue where they want all transactions for the gl to be posted as a jounral entry per batch. We have set this options for all series and origins. But it does not seem to be sticking. We made sure the settings were right this am and when the Receivables Cash Reciepts got posted this afternoon they were posted to the gl as transactions not batch. I have verified that the system was only changed this am, by running the security set-up report. I am wondering if for some reason the ...

Automatically detaching an attachment to a PC Folder
Everyday I get a email with the same subject line and one text file attachment. I am new to Outlook kindly provide me a step by step procedure to automatically export the text file attachment into the local PC folder. After exporting the text file to the local PC folder I want to trigger a Windows executable. I would appreciate if you could kindly provide me the process for setting up this process automation in Outlook. Can I also use Outlook Express. Thanks Karen Hello Karen, you could do that with a VBA script in Outlook. This sample script checks for new arrived Emails (unread) and s...

how to retrieve a deleted folder in Outlook Express 2000
I have deleted one of my very important folders on my outlook express. The version is 6.0 and Office 2000. I badly need to retrieve the folder. Can anyone help me to give step by step solution to it. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in this newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com.microsoft,public.windoes.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress If this group isn't carried on the news server that's carrying this group try using msnews.microsoft.com (MS's public ...

changing defaults for text boxes
How can I change the default margins for text box formats. I am used to working in Pagemaker and Publisher drives me crazy with its text boxes. I can change the formatting of a particular text box, but the minute I have another one it goes back to the default of 0.04 Thanks, Scott This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01C37F6C.4C4AEC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft in their extreme wisdom removed *ALL* defaults from Publisher = after the excellent Publisher 97. Can you be...

Can you view other peoples folders using OWA
In outlook 2003, I can view another person's folders if authorized (file|open|other users's folder...). Is it possible to do the same thing using the Outlook Web Access client? If so, how? Specifically, I have an OWA user who would like to view another users calendar. Thanks, Steve "Stephen M" <smeier-spamless@primelink1.net> wrote in message news:csgn6k022a@news2.newsguy.com... > In outlook 2003, I can view another person's folders if authorized > (file|open|other users's folder...). Is it possible to do the same thing > using the Outlook Web Acc...