Public Folder permissions #24

I have some public folders that recieve e-mail from some clients. Our help
desk then work these mail items. After they work the issue they move the mail
message to a completed folder that is a sub folder. They also have send as
rights on the folder to send reply's to the sender as the helpdesk. However
the helpdesk users have gotten forgetfull and have recently started to
acceditly deleted the folders instead of deleting mail messages. I need to
remove the users ability to delete the folders, but still let them have the
ability to move messages and delete messages. But not delete the folder.

Outlook 2003B2TR
I cannot get at the messages stored in one of my e-mail folders. It's called "Personal" When I click on the folder in the "All Mail Folders" view, the message area goes grey with a heading nof "Unable to disply the folder". The toolbars and normal mail options go away, too. There are sub-folders to Personal folder, and I could move the sub-folders to a different location. They and the messages in them are fine. When I right-click on Personal and go to the Property tab, it looks to me like all of the other mail folders. When I toggled "Show number of...

Expand View in Outbox folder
OL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook Hi, I have added a filter "defer until" to my view in Outbox. It works just fine but always offer the view with the different dates collapsed. I then have to manually click on each date to expand the view. How can I make that view show the dates expanded always? Tx. S sat wrote: > OL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE > > Follow-up to microsoft.public.outlook > > Hi, > I have added a filter "defer until" to my view in Outbox. > It works just fine but always offer the view with the different dates >...

Contacts Folder associated with this address list could not be opened
When I am sending a email and try to select a contact to send to, it gives me this message The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. I know it has not been deleted because when i go to the contacts portion of outlook they are all there... Please help Thanks You simply need to configure your Outlook Address Book. The method varies for each version. You did not post your version. Look up the instructions for your version in the KB. -- Russ Valentin...

cannot open public folder calendar in calendar view
We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows 2003 native mode SP1 I have created a public folder calendar to use for vacation scheduling. We can see it in OWA and if we switch to the folder list view in Outlook 2003, we can open it that way, but we would like to be able to open it from the calendar view in Outlook so we can compare calendars side by side. Many thanks wongcna In news:u2$xFVZAGHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, wongcna <wongcna@hotmail.com.nospam> typed: > We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 native mode SP2, Windows > 2003...

Unable to delete an e-mail in the deleted item folder
I cannot delete an e-mail from my deleted folder. I could not read the e-mail when originally received. Moved it to the deleted folder. I have tried several ways to delete the item. I continue to get a illegal operation error message. This is the message in the details screen: module PSTPRX32.DLL at 0167:3ff6153c. Registers: EAX=00000001 CS=0167 EIP=3ff6153c EFLGS=00010246 EBX=0056ef40 SS=016f ESP=0056eea0 EBP=0056efb4 ECX=0000003c DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=48a7 EDX=00ef2732 ES=016f EDI=00cf1728 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 06 ff 50 4c 85 c0 89 45 08 0f 8c 50 fe ff ff Stack dump: 00000...

copy attachment only into a folder
how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the attachment in a folder to keep under my documents? Thank you In news:463577E5-3E70-4A7D-BA44-FF97E53B42D9@microsoft.com, clee <clee@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the > attachment in a folder to keep under my documents? > Thank you You can manually save an attachment to the location of your choice. If you want to do this automatically, you might check out http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/attachments_processor/ or search for 'housekeeping' ...

How to change multiple folders views in Outlook
When you first create an account within Outlook (currently using 2007 but I'm sure it's the same for other versions) it defaults the folders so that certain columns are visable they all have the viewing pane enabled. Is there a way of changing one folder so that all folders look identicle (Deleted, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-Mail, Outbox etc etc etc). I'm sure there must be a way but I'd be damned if I can find it...and it's driving me nuts!! Cheers Glenn gloriousglenn@hotmail.com <gloriousglenn@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way of changing one folder so that a...

Sent email not getting transfered to Sent Items folder
I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder. If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says "Can't move the items." When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my Outbox. Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can be stored in the...

Unable to delete messages in Deleted Items Folder #2
Hi, We have recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 SP2. All has gone well, with the exception of one minor problem. Most users (not all) are unable to delete messages in the Deleted Items Folder. Nothing happens basically, when you select and click delete, or manually with the delete key. Have tried the following with no success: - Remove outlook/reinstall. Remove outlook profile/recreate. We are using Outlook 2000 as a client. However if a user uses OWA, they can delete the messages ok. If I logon to an unaffected pc and create a user profile/outlook profile this seems t...

Creating a Browse for Folder
I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field. Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this myself? Take a look at SHBrowseForFolder and CFileDialog. You probably want CFileDialog. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Olf0wrmk...

old Exchange Server remains site folder server
Hello, I am trying to replace an old exchange 2000 server with a new 2003 server. I have moved all the mailboxes, public folders and system folders as per the KB article regarding 'removing the first exchange 2000 server in a site.' However, the old Exchange 2000 server is still showing up as the site folder server in AD. I have not uninstalled Exchange from the old server yet - will the site folder server role be automatically reassigned at that time or will I have to manually edit the AD with ADSI Edit and put the DN of my new Exchange server in there to change this role? Also, am ...

Error opening Public Folders in System Manager ESM 501 ExAdmin
Hello everybody, I am running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. The installation is 3 days old. Most things seem to be working fine (Outlook access, OWA, Send/Receive Emails). The problem is here: - I open Exchange System Manager (ESM). - I click the [+] next to "Folders" to expand !- When I click on "Public Folders" I get any of the following error: *******90% I get this error******* The operation failed because of an HTTP error 501 (Not implemented). Verify that the ExAdmin virtual root exists on the destination server. ...

Exchange / Outlook 2003 Public Folder Shared Calendar
We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix), on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the free / busy replication, as there is only one se...

The originator does not have permission to submit message #2
Hello all: I'm running and Exchange 5.5 server and I have this problem. I have a user that has two mail accounts, X and Y (for spam reasons). Both these accounts have under "Given Send On Behalf Of permission to:" the X and Y accounts. The reason this user is set up this why is that she wants to be able to specify (by typing in the from field) the return address to be one or the other of the two email accounts. She has MS Outlook 2k3 client set up with one of the email accounts. The problem I'm having is that sometimes his mails get bounced back by the our server wi...

Hidden permissions tab in EForms/Registry
I am trying to install an Outlook form for IHateSpam. During the forms installlation I receive an error to check permissions. I went to the registry added a key ShowSecurityPage and changed the value to 1. This allowed me to see the permissions tab in public folders, but I still cann't see permission in the EForms/Registry ...

Publisher cannot merge data into this publication.
Publisher cannot merge data into this publication. Windows Server 2000, Office 2000 This is the error message that I am getting when I try to Mail Merge. I open the document then click Mail Merge >> Create publisher address list... >> then an error pops up and says the following: Publisher cannot merge data into this publication. An error occurred and this featire is no longer functioning properly. Please contact your system administrator. I am in a networked enviroment, with multiple Citrix servers. There is only one server that I am getting this error from all the othe...

keeping calendar and folders in navigation bar
ol03. i have navigation bar open. i click on calendar button (small icons) at bottom and calendar opens showing several months. i then click on 'folder list' icon, and folders show on navigation bar with current month still at top. that is perfect. except if i click on one of the folders, the month disappears and folders take up the whole nav. bar. isn't there a way to keep calendar and folders open at same time? ...

Configuring NDR copies to Public Folder
Hi Using Exchange Server 2003. I created a 'postmaster' mailbox that receives NDRs and then set it so that it forwards it to another address which is a mail enabled public folder. I get this error in the event viewer. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Transport Delivering Event ID: 2028 Date: 08/07/04 Time: 2:36:56 PM User: N/A Computer: APOLLO Description: The delivery of a message sent by public folder NDR NOTIFICATIONS227406224D7E7D4E26D0C5A3D1DD7EA40A5CCA has failed. To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz' Cc: The non-delivery repo...

Outlook reduced permissions patch
Does anybody have the v1.2 SFO reduced permissions patch CRM1.2-KB841124-Client.exe The link in KB841124 is broken and I cannot find it in MS downloads. If anybody has it please reply with a link or send it to rilsurf123@aol.com Thanks Scott ...

how to: "Send as" public folder
Exchange Srv 2003 with Outlook 2003 Ineed to send as public folder without Owner Perms ???? Send As Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window. Go to Permissions tab and click Administrative rights. Add the users to ACL and check Send As - Allow. (You should read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331655) Send On Behalf Right click the public folder in ESM and open properties window. Go to Exchange General tab and click Delivery Options. Add the users to the "Grant this permission to:" list under "Send on behalf. PL > > Exchange Srv 20...

Not public traded mutual funds... how to enter/maintain in Money?
My new company's 401k funds show up with the following in the description... 'This fund is not a publicly traded fund and is not listed in any business periodicals'... I am assuming that this means there is no stock symbol to track nor download (at least, looking through the overviews of each fund there was nothing anywhere indicating what the mutual fund symbol was). Some of these funds are, like, International Equity Fund, Agressive Portfolio, Small Cap Fund, etc etc. What does this mean for these kind of funds? Is there, then, no stock symbol to track? If so, then how would be...

limiting permissions for users without using the system.dbw as a user id source
Hi All, i buit a database application for a stand along use so the users only using the file on their desktop is it posible to set permission via access without linkage to the system.mdw? ...

hwo to recover personal folders and contact list??
I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from outlook 2003 that I had running before? THanks.. Hi Dave, please look here, which datas are important for outlook http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#18 If you search for the relevant files you could import them into your new Outlook! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Brave...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-28-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:08:46 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:27:33 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 05:30:29 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 357 Total No. of Characters...: 1058752 Total Volume..............: 1033 Messages Per Day..........: 51.0 Characters Per Day........: 151250.3 Average Daily Volume......: 147 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Accessing folder 'Other Contacts'
I am programming in VBA Several users are using Outlook in a network environment. Each of them hat its own 'Contacts'. They have shared their addresslists so that I can lookup en change the contacts fields from my workstation. I would like to access these Contactlists by using VBA. Therefor, i found via the help function some code and tried to open the contact of a user called 'DE DAUW' and whose contacts I can see in the 'Other Contacts'. Impossible to get into the 'DE DAUW' addresslist. Who can help me ? Dim MyApp As Outlook.Applicat...