Public Folder messages stuck in Messages Pending Submission queue

We recently added a replica of our PF to a new server and phased out the old
server (it is still up, but with no PFs).  We now periodically see our
Messages Pending Submission queues (on a variety of servers in the forest)
backing up with public folder messages with a subject of Hierarchy.  Any
ideas what might be happening?

- jc
0
Carter (13)

Public folder permissions.
I have a permissions problem with 2003 Server SBE. I created a number of public contact lists using an administrator equivelent user. The login name became corrupt and I had to delete and recreate it. The problem is that unlike with exchange 2000 or 5.5 I can not use the Exchange Admin tools to delete or change the proporties of these public contacts. Using Outlook no user including the Administrator has access to the permissions tab. Any ideas on how to correct this problem. I assume this is a registry problem now but I have been unsucessful in finding any references to...

Public folders and auto-reply
Does anyone know how can I change auto-reply FROM address. I want messages coming in to address i...@something.com, and send them auto- reply message from address no-re...@something.com so they can't answer it. Is there a way to do it? On 19 Apr 2007 23:01:36 -0700, Siim <siimtina@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how can I change auto-reply FROM address. I want >messages coming in to address i...@something.com, and send them auto- >reply message from address no-re...@something.com so they can't >answer >it. Is there a way to do it? You could try creating a r...

Exporting single message from Outlook Express
Hi There i want to export a single email message from outlook express and then i want to import this message to outlook express installed on another machine. plz tell me the way to transfer single message from machine A to machine B outlook express. i don't want to forward message from A to B. thanks in advance. Nokhaz Akbar. Nokhaz Akbar wrote: > Hi There > > i want to export a single email message from outlook > express and then i want to import this message to outlook > express installed on another machine. > > plz tell me the way to transfer single messag...

Blank messages in Outlook 2003 (here's a solution)
I have a solution for the "blank message body" problem in Outlook 2003 since nobody else is helping. I don't understand why it's happening entirely, but it seems to have something to do with using an OST file + Cached Exchange Mode + Outlook 2003 + Exchange 2000 (for me, at least). In light of this, with my current network, I assume this points to Unicode support on the Exchange (and possibly the client) side. It would be nice if someone knowledgeable could post a link to instructions on how to properly configure Exchange to force Unicode OST's, as I'm sure this in...

When I save a message it saves it in the Inbox, not in the Outbox
When I save a message it saves it in the Inbox, not in the Outbox. How do I change this please? baggytrousers wrote: > When I save a message it saves it in the Inbox, not in the Outbox. How do I > change this please? You cannot "save" (whatever that means) e-mails in the Outbox folder. That folder is used for SENDING e-mails. When you compose a new message and then send it, it gets deposited in the Outbox folder. That event triggers Outlook to do the send (either immediately or on the next scheduled mail poll). If the send is successfully, the item in the Ou...

MSOffice 2010 Beta stops installing at Step 4/4 with error messag
I received an invitation from Microsoft to download Beta version of Office 2010. I am unable to complete set up. the installation stops after showing step4/4 with an error message "there was a problemsetting up Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (Beta). etc". I have tried saving the download and then executing. I have tried running the download from the Web download page, I have tried re-downloading. All with the same result. Is it possible for me to install the program? ...

"SQL Server is not ready" error messages
After doing a few customisations and disabling and re-enabling a couple of users, the server keeps crashing (everyday) after logging several sql errors. These are : ID : 18456 Login Failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' ID : 17187 SQL Server is not ready to accept new client connections... ID : 18452 The user is associated with a trusted SQL Server connection Any ideas what could have generated these messages? Hi Can you expand a little on the environment and the customizations. NT Authority\NETWORK SERVICE is a permissions issue but is this contantly faili...

OAB Public Folder
I want to speed up the creation of spesific Offline Address Books. Exchange system manager > First Administrative Groups > Folders > Public Folders > right click and view system folders > Offline address book > "name of OAB" OAB version2 OAB version 3a OAB version 4 Normaly the subfolders( version 2, 3a & 4) is created during maintenance interval of the store(true?) I am looking for a method to trigger the creation of these subfolders(version 2, 3a, &4) for a spesific OAB( "name of OAB) This is a hosting scenario with several companies on the same...

Annoying certificate message
Every time I start Outlook, it gives me the following message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Do you want to continue using this server?" I then say "yes," and everything is OK. Is there a way to turn this message off? I am using Outlook 2003, Windows XP pro on a Dell D420 Latitude laptop. Thanks, Bill Edelstein Schenectady, NY Contact the server administrator and bring the problem to his/her = a...

Public folder problem
Hi, I have a new installation of Server 2003 and Exchange 2003, all SPs installed. I have created some public folders, but external mail is not getting to them. If I send from a local client, the mail goes to the public folder. If I send from outside the system, it goes to the default recipient instead. I have confirmed anonymous permission is contributor. Many thanks, NEIL What do you mean it goes to the default recipient? Nue "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message news:dtkenl$c6l$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > > I have a...

Requesting to cancel a "Running" job in Job Queue
I attempted to copy data over via "Copy Version Data" from our 2005 Forecast to the 2006 Budget. I did that 6 hours ago. It is still in the "running" phase. Is there a way to cancel? Thank you, John ...

Retrieving Vista mail folders when restoring from Back up
Having had to do a complete restore I find that only a few of my email folders have returned; there appears to be a largish quantity in MSMESSAGESTORE file (3042KB)- can they be recovered from there? Also my ITunes files have completely disappeared. Any suggestions please? Thanks/ Charlie No. That file is a database that contains metadata for the messages, but not the messages themselves. Search for *.eml files. In the same directory where you found WindowsMail.MSMessageStore, did you not also see a folder named Local Folders? Open it. Also, verify that Windows Mail h...

Need to Reset a Site Folder in Exchange 2003 Server... GUIDGEN.EXE Q
I need to reset a site folder using GUIDGEN.EXE because of an offline address book problem that I've been having, when people sync in Outlook: 10:07:25 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 10:07:25 0X8004010F Anyhow, I'm following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q822444 And I'm a little worried about "When you create a new site folder, the data that was previously contained in the original site folder is lost." Will this blow away my public folders, and I'll lose the data? Does anyone have any experience they...

Follow-up reminder in folder other than Inbox
Hi there, Does anyone know of any way to get follow-up reminders on emails that are not in the Inbox (ie. in any other folder) ?? The build in Outlook reminder service for some odd reason only monitors that the Inbox folder. I am wondering if there is any way around that... through a macro... a script of some kind... through a free plugin... Any ideas? Thanks a lot, Jonathan Don't know of anything free, but give one of the Reminder programs a peek at http://www.slovaktech.com. "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:O3e7k...

test..where are my messages..test

How do I stop Outlook Express from compacting messages?
How do I stop Outlook Express from compacting messages? In news:0D10B93F-06F1-4E57-9203-54BAC77367AB@microsoft.com, yazton <yazton@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > How do I stop Outlook Express from compacting messages? When it asks you if you want to automatically compact messages, click on "Don't remind me again" and Cancel. I'm paraphrasing a bit! NB: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a fast...

Auto-forwarding private messages in Exchange 2003
In Exchange 5.5 you could set an auto-forward from one account to another without having the Private and confidential items included. In Exchange 2003 it appears to forward all messages when setting it in Delivery Options. Is there a way to exclude these items without having to set a rule in every mailbox seperately ? -- Regards, Marc On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:37:03 -0700, "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 you could set an auto-forward from one account to another >without having the Private and confidential items included. In Exchange 20...

Automatically Delete Messages
Hi Here's what I would like to do, but I did not see an obvious way of doing it in Outlook. I sometimes use a laptop to check on mail when on the road. Unfortunately the thing downloads all messages since it last looked into the account which may be weeks. Lot of email. What I would like if for Outlook to immediately delete any messages downloaded into my inbox that were sent > 1 day ago. Read or not Any ideas on how to do this? I have a feeling that what you say you want isn't. You should only have one computer that download the messages AND deletes them from the server - yo...

The Messaging interface has returned an uknown error.
Dear All, I am using Windows XP with MS Outlook 2003 . Every time I create a new message in Outlook 2003 and hit the boxes (To) receive the error "The Messaging interface has returned an uknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook I have done remove .pst files ,Contacts and add fresh pst and contacts again.Also I had updated the latest service patches and updated windows update. Finaly I had reinstalled the Outlook 2003 but still problem is there. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? Many Thanks Brinesh Kishore ...

Public folder #4
How do you set the public folders to be by default listed in the left pane....right now if you want to see public folders you have to go to "go" each time to see folders...... What version of Outlook are you using? If 2003, you need to be in folder view, not mail view. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dan asked: | How do you set the public f...

restoring backed up email and addressbook and folders???
I had to reload my HP after upgrading to Windows 7. I did a full backup before the problem and after reloading and then upgrading to Windows 7 again, I restored the backup from my external harddrive. I found my files and folders that were on my desktop and I fould the Outlook folder. However, I cna't seem to fild the .pst file or outlook addressbook. It did back the addressbook up as a windows addressbook but I can't seem to get that imported back into outlook. Also, wouldn't it have backed up my folders too??? HELP!!! PLEASE!!!! "Tiffany" <Tiffa...

Outlook 2003 and empty Hotmail messages
Using Outlook 2003 and XPsp2 and Outlook connector to bring in Hotmail account. Outlook is used for 2 accounts, one at a university and Hotmail. This worked initially with a @hotmail folder and a number of sub-folders. In the last 2 weeks, the messages in the folders have progressively gone blank. In each sub-folder, I get is a list of messages but each line is missing the entries "from", "subject", but the "date" and nominal "size" 199 B are entered. When I click on a line, the window is empty. I can access my hotmail messages in Ope...

Outlook 2000 warning message when moving items to folder
We have a user who receives this warning when moving items from one Outlook 2000 folder to another existing folder (i.e. - selecting multiple deleted items and moving all items to Personal folder): "Creating a new item from the selected items could take some time. Are you sure you want to create a new item from these 62 items?" Of course the amount changes depending on how many folder items he's selected. Thanks for any help you can give. Are the two folders of different types? In other words, is one a mail folder and one a task folder? If so, when you drag an item fro...

Cann't receive or send messages
This message I received An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Dr. Sherif M. Saad', Server: 'mail.kwtembassy.org', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 The 0x80004005 error is usually a result of a corrupted message structure on the server. In your browser go to your provider's webmail portal and log in. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail ...

storing email messages in server to view from all email locations
I am curious of how to veiw all my email messages on outlook express and 2000 on multiple computers. I have outlook email accounts on three pc's and receive different messages on each one. I need to know a way to save my email messages to the server so i can view all my messages from each computer. Can anyone help me? surfocnj4@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am curious of how to veiw all my email messages on > outlook express and 2000 on multiple computers. I have > outlook email accounts on three pc's and receive > different mess...