Public Folder is missing objects

I made a mistake.  I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another
Exchange 2003 server.  These were the only two servers in my structure.
When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly
replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it.

Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt.  The
primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in
Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com'
reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed.  An object could not be
found.'"  Also, when the Information Store service starts, there is an
ExOLEDB error: "Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to do Schema propagation
on MDB startup HRESULT = 0x80040e19."

I haven't stored anything important in the Exchange 2003 Public Folders.  A
default database would be fine with me.

My question is, what is the best way to fix the public folders.

I have a backup of the old server.  I have the exchange database files from
the old server after uninstall of exchange.  I could follow Q822444, how to
reset a site folder, but I'm not sure this is what I want.

Could someone recommend the best direction to go to recover the public
folders functionality?

Regards,
Jason

0
jaraco (2)

restoring pst but it has missing data?
I changed my motherboard so had to reload Outlook 2007. On selecting original pst file I do have the last incoming emails but sent emails are missing as are all of my contacts. What did I do wrong? regards, Hard to know what you did wrong because we don't know what you did. Apparently you either selected the wrong data file or connected to it incorrectly. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uOB4PPkfJHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I changed my motherboard so had to reload Outlook 2007. On selecting >ori...

Color folders?
Is it possible to change the color of the background or the window frame depending on the folder I'm in? Sometimes I'm in the deleted folder and not aware of it and accidentally deleted something permenantly. Yeah I know there's a prompt, but it's easy to ignore. If the background color of the list can be changed to different color depending on the folder, then there would be no mistaking which folder I'm in. If this feature is not built-in, is there a way to write a macro to do something like this? You can color folders like that but you can use A...

Spam folder #2
I have just upgraded to Office 2003, How do you read the messages in the Spam folder? BAM, you wrote on Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:46:01 -0700: > How do you read the messages in the Spam folder? Open the folder and read the messages in it. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

public contacts #3
i see administrator can add coontacts in all contacts using (user of active directory). if a simple client want to add a contact for everyone, wich is the right metod to do it. Miliuccio wrote: > i see administrator can add coontacts in all contacts using (user of > active directory). > > if a simple client want to add a contact for everyone, wich is the > right metod to do it. If you have a public contacts folder, you can assign the permissions as you wish - easiest to do using Outlook. Sounds like the administrator already has "owner" permissions - assign whatev...

border objects
I am trying to print a trifold brochure on HP psc750. The front section has a border around the entire object. I can't center it on the 1/3 section. If I center it the right border does not print. As it is it looks off center when folded. The back section prints fine, in other words the left 1/3 has the same border and it prints fine. Thanks Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag I have no clue about all-in-one printers. Does it print borderless? On most printers in the landscape mode the largest margin will be on the right....

public folder replication post migration
We just recently migrated from Exch 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I noticed that under the public folders properties in Exchange System Manager there are still replicas listed and the replica server listed is the one and only Exch 2003 server. Is there any reason this still needs to be there if the Exch 2003 server is hosting the public folders? ...

0x8004010f error message when synchronizing folders in outlook
When I work offline and press F9 to synchronize my folders, I receive the following error message: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Seems like that the problem is with the offline address book configuration on my Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. As I'm Exchange Administrator, can you suggest me how to fix this problem? If it's Outlook 2003 you're using, there's a hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887409 "Marko Kralj" <MarkoKral...

MS CRM SFO Unable to display folder
I have MS CRM SFO installed and functioning correctly on several workstations at the HQ. Out at the branch sites, I have tried to install on several machines. The install finishes successfully but when I try to launch Outlook, the application hangs. I eventually go to task manager, kill Outlook, and re-launch. When I re-launch, I get the error message asking me if I want to disable the add-in. My question is this: would low bandwidth between the HQ and branches cause this behavior? Thanks in advance! ~Dave low bandwidth will have an effect. In general the Outlook client takes longer to sta...

missing posts
Interesting that some of the recent posts by the poster previously known as Cerridwen (among other names) appear on this newsgroup when viewed on Google Groups but not when viewed in Outlook or on MS newsgroup site. And your question about Publisher is.............? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "keyboarder" <none> wrote in message news:eVUs41wQGHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Interesting that some of the recent posts by the poster previously known > as Cerridwen (among other names) appear on this newsgroup when viewed on > Google Group...

missing file SKU011.CAB
trying to install office standard 2007. Did sucessfully install on lap top. Unable to install on desk top. error message states that file SKU011.CAB is missing. What do I do? Someone please assist. Thanks! "Hoot" <Hoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C17FD55-A25F-41F2-8E95-8EB31B024839@microsoft.com... > trying to install office standard 2007. Did sucessfully install on lap > top. > Unable to install on desk top. error message states that file SKU011.CAB > is > missing. What do I do? Someone please assist. Thanks! ...

Accessing member variables in main class from a socket object
Hi, I have a main class that creates an instance of another class which happens to be an asynchronous CAsyncSocket object. Various events trigger member functions of thissocket class to be called like send() and receive(); My main class has lots of public data members. I want to access some of these members from the CAsyncSocket class and am a little confused as to the best way to so this apart from making these data members global to the project which I do not want to do. Thanks for your help. Yasoo wrote: >Ooops, if you need a class prototype, it's > >class mainclass; I...

Bogus folders in Outlook
I have a problem - well not really ME but my CIO (which means it is my problem). When he brings up outlook 2003, he usually gets 2 or 3 calendars in addition to his real calendar. The extra calendars are always empty. Also, he gets 2 or 3 task folders - again empty. He can remove them but when he closes and reopens Outlook, they appear again. Also, his palm pilot sync is screwed up, it can't recognize his profile - presumably because of the extra calendar and task folders. This happened after he upgraded from OfficeXP to Office2003. Any ideas? Douglas Munn <dmunn@not-arbor.edu...

External recipients from a public folder not receiving E-mails after munging option is turned on
Hello, we recently setup a public folder and we have an issue because external email recipients are not receiving "reply to all" messages from other list members. All this started happening once we enabled "munging" for the headers of the email. Before this change all of the internal and external recipients were receiving replies. With "munging" enabled only internal recipients are receiving email replies. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Ruben On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:28:14 -0500, "Ruben Gonzales" <ruben.gonzales@bcs-tx....

Public Folder nightmare PLEASE HELP!!
I have an issue, I have 3 exchange 5.5 servers, and 3 exchange 2003 servers. My ADC is configured and I have some mailboxes on 5.5 and some on 2003. I have loads and loads of public folders that I can't rehome yet because of third party software connectors (need upgrades). Right now ALL my public folders are on exchange 5.5. I have a user, this user's mailbox is located on Exchange 2003. When this user creates a public folder the folder homes itself on an exchange 5.5 server. The problem here is that in Exchange 5.5 configuration, my default public folder server that I want ...

PST File missing
My system crashed. I had copied my "C" drive to another logical drive and when I reinstalled Windows XP all my Outlook data was, of course, not there in new Outlook. Where can I find it and how do I copy it over? Thanks. Do a file search on the logical drive you copied your c drive over to for the file Outlook.pst. Take that file and put it into the same folder on your c drive. "Werner Stern" <quincey.nyc@verizon.net> wrote in message news:OM3Qtj3mDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My system crashed. I had copied my "C" drive to another logical dri...

Missing line feeds when printing entity CRM 4.0
Now that we upgraded to 4.0, we found that when one print e.g service appontment report, it takes line feeds (carriage returns) off. It makes readability harder and voids ability to format the report. Is this a bug and is there something we could do to get line feeds back? ...

Createmailbox error C1032227 "Object is of the wrong class"
Attempting to create an Exchange 2003 mailbox using ASP, with domain admin account, I've got this error message : "The object is of the wrong class error id=3Dc1032227 Microsoft CDO for Exchange Management -2147024809" Technical environment: Exchange 2003 v6.5.7226.0 Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP1 IIS 6 Native 2003 Active Directory environment This is my code: Set objuser =3D GetObject("LDAP://xx.yy.com/CN=3Dusername,CN=3DUsers,DC=3Dxx,DC=3Dyy,DC=3Dc= om") Set objMailbox =3D objUser 'IMailboxStore interface objMailbox.CreateMailbox "LDAP://CN=3DBanq...

Missing some log files, need to replay to .edb
Here the unfortunate situation: 1. I have restored a pub/priv backup to Exchange2003 from Day01. 2. I only have readable transaction log files, starting on Day03, due to hardware failure. 3. I no longer have the original corrupted pub/priv, as they have been overwritten by the resotre of Day01. 4. I am missing all email from Day02 - Day 07 because exchange wont reply the log files, because again they start on Day03. So im summary I have all the logfiles from Day03 - Day07, is there a tool that will allow me to connect to those log files and "play" them into the live serve...

WPF non visual dcependancy property inheritance for non-visual objects
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post ths question - feel free to point me to the proper group if it isn't. I am trying to implement WPF dependancy property inheritance in a non-visual object hierarchy. Below is the complete code for a simple console app test - it just requires references to PresentationCore, PresentationFramework & WindowsBase to compile. I am stuck on how to implement the object relations. How does WPF programatically implement containership to enable property inheritance ? It would be a shame if this is only possible with visual elements. Gerr...

When selecting save as load up certain folder depending upon outlook folder
Hello, When i receive an email i place it in a certain folder within the inbox for example if it is from company A then it gets placed in the Company A folder. The majority of the time i recieve attachments to these emails. Is it possible when i go to "save as" to default to a directory based upon the folder that the email is in. For example if i was to move an email that had an attachment to the Company A folder in the inbox and i wanted to save the document i would want the save as dialog to default in this instance to Mydocuments\Company A\ Cheers ( i have posted this to both p...

Unread message folder
On another PC that I run Outlook on, there is an 'Unread Mail' folders in My Favorites folder. It contains a copy of all unread mail in Inbox sub-folders and each email disappears from this folder after I read it. How do I set that feature up. For the machine that doesn't have this folder, is it Outlook 2003? If not, it won't have that feature. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Richard M....

Public Folders 1018 error
Not too long ago our raid controller in one of our servers "hickuped" and corrupted a bunch of our stores. Now we are getting 1018 errors for this and can't get a good full backup. We were able to fix the mailbox stores by doing mailbox moves and then recreating the stores once empty. The final problem is the Public Folder store. We have to stick to some pretty strick SLAs and the offline defrag failed at the last minute during our last maintenance window. Has anyone ever recreated a public folder store through replication? We are concerned with the affects that this...

CRM 4.0 Email Router missing "Some" emails
Hi i have a dynamics crm 4.0 setup on a server 2008 box. second machine is a 2003 server with exchange 2003 and the dynamics CRM email router set up on it. the router appears to be picking up emails into the queues without any issues and indeed passes all the tests using email router inbound and outbound. today, a new client has started sending emails to the queue mailbox for one of the queues. (which has been working absolutely fine until now) and the emails from him are going into the mailbox but are not entering the queue. I have tried sending test mails from another exchange (diff...

Missing trending items
One of the features I expect to use most regularly in Money Deluxe 2008 is cash flow forecasting. However, it so far refuses to add trending for "Dining Out" and "Entertainment" even though I have plenty of data in those categories. What gives? I have changed the cash flow report settings to include discretionary items. When that failed, I tried changing the "Entertainment" category to a necessity. Still no go. I've fiddled with several other things without luck. Other, barely used categories DO get included as trend items, so why not these? Any clues...

CFileDialog
Hello, Here is the problem I have encountered while programming CFileDialog: My application uses CFileDialog to browse for a specific file 'myfile.txt'. This file located in folder 'my_folder'. My application needs to rename folder 'my_folder' using 'MoveFileEx' Win32 API function. The problem is that after I browsed to 'my_folder' and selected a file from this folder using 'CFileDialog', function 'MoveFileEx' fails to rename 'my_folder' and 'GetLastError's result is 32 (that means: the process cannot access the file bec...