Public Folder IPM.Post to IPM.Note

Hello,

I want to change my incoming messages to my public folders from IPM.Post to
IPM.Note.  I have found the patch regarding this and the information
associated.

My question is that the hotfix info mentions that it is not required if
Exchange 2003 SP1 is already installed.  We have SP2 installed - should I
assume that it is already bundled then?  If so, is my only remaining step to
add the regkey and proper value on all servers that contain the public store?

Thanks in advance!!!
0
dacrusher (8)

That is correct, however, I did hear reports on posts about some users
that id did not work and still had to apply the hotfix, not sure if it
was something on their end or isolated incident, so if it does'nt work
install the patch.

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Mar 15, 1:43 pm, da crusher <dacrus...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to change my incoming messages to my public folders from IPM.Post to
> IPM.Note.  I have found the patch regarding this and the information
> associated.
>
> My question is that the hotfix info mentions that it is not required if
> Exchange 2003 SP1 is already installed.  We have SP2 installed - should I
> assume that it is already bundled then?  If so, is my only remaining step to
> add the regkey and proper value on all servers that contain the public store?
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

0
jamestechman (1266)
3/16/2007 5:29:45 PM
I notice that the article mentions performing the regkey change on ALL
exchange servers that host public folders to enable the functionality... I
have 2 remote Exchange servers, one being in a child domain - do these need
to be changed as well?  I am asking because they don't necessarily required
the functionality, but I am concerned that the functionality won't work if
not ALL the servers have the regkey.

Thanks.

"Jamestechman" wrote:

> That is correct, however, I did hear reports on posts about some users
> that id did not work and still had to apply the hotfix, not sure if it
> was something on their end or isolated incident, so if it does'nt work
> install the patch.
>

> James Chong (MVP)
> MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>
> On Mar 15, 1:43 pm, da crusher <dacrus...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to change my incoming messages to my public folders from IPM.Post to
> > IPM.Note.  I have found the patch regarding this and the information
> > associated.
> >
> > My question is that the hotfix info mentions that it is not required if
> > Exchange 2003 SP1 is already installed.  We have SP2 installed - should I
> > assume that it is already bundled then?  If so, is my only remaining step to
> > add the regkey and proper value on all servers that contain the public store?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!!

0
dacrusher (8)
3/22/2007 2:22:08 PM
Sorry - I meant to add - do I have to add the regkey to all the servers that
are listed under the General Tab of the Public Folder top level properties
under the heading: Public stores associated to the folder tree?

"da crusher" wrote:

> I notice that the article mentions performing the regkey change on ALL
> exchange servers that host public folders to enable the functionality... I
> have 2 remote Exchange servers, one being in a child domain - do these need
> to be changed as well?  I am asking because they don't necessarily required
> the functionality, but I am concerned that the functionality won't work if
> not ALL the servers have the regkey.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Jamestechman" wrote:
>
> > That is correct, however, I did hear reports on posts about some users
> > that id did not work and still had to apply the hotfix, not sure if it
> > was something on their end or isolated incident, so if it does'nt work
> > install the patch.
> >

> > James Chong (MVP)
> > MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> > msexchangetips.blogspot.com
> >
> > On Mar 15, 1:43 pm, da crusher <dacrus...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I want to change my incoming messages to my public folders from IPM.Post to
> > > IPM.Note.  I have found the patch regarding this and the information
> > > associated.
> > >
> > > My question is that the hotfix info mentions that it is not required if
> > > Exchange 2003 SP1 is already installed.  We have SP2 installed - should I
> > > assume that it is already bundled then?  If so, is my only remaining step to
> > > add the regkey and proper value on all servers that contain the public store?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!!!

0
dacrusher (8)

search folders from-to conversation
Howdy; I want to set up a single Search Folder which will find all e-mail message between myself and a particular institution. The easy way to do it seems to be to specify fill-in "Criteria >From" and "Criteria >Sent To" with the same value (in this case, a domain name) and get the boolean OR of those two things. How the heck can I do this, or some equivalent? Regardz, Ken - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ken Leonard ken_leonard@NOSPAM.earthlink.net [Edit it to make it work.] It's really pretty easy: 1. Right-click Sear...

How to create a folder & error handler
Excel 2003 & 2007 Hi. Can someone please help me with a code snippit that creates "Test" folder in the users C:\ root directory; creates "test.txt" file and "test.ppt" file within that new folder; and also creates "SubTest" folder in that new folder, but then if they don't have permissions to create such items it displays an alert "Code P21 - See admin" and then exits the routine? Thanks, Melina To create the folder: Sub dk() ChDir "C:\" MkDir "test" End Sub Then save your files as "...

Mail to public folders
Hi In Outlook, when you receive mail to an ordinary inbox, you get a number next to the inbox folder indicating the number of unread mails currently in it. Are there any way of achieving this on a public folders? We have a large number of mail enabled pulic folders, and it would ease the workload for our users it there are any way of achieving this. /Andy Add the folders to your favorites in Outlook. On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:25:25 +0100, "Andy" <newsposting@multizite.org> wrote: >Hi > >In Outlook, when you receive mail to an ordinary inbox, you get a number...

Recovering a corrupted Offline Storage Folder
I am attempting to recover a corrupted offline storage (*.ost) file. Is there anyway to convert this file into a .PST format? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Yep; http://officerecovery.com/exchange/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jody Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f83d01c45878$5a92dab0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I am attempting to recover a corrupted offline storage > (*.ost) file. Is there...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders
Hi all, When I login to a notebook as a local administrator, and I use another user mailbox by outlook is ok. But, when I want to use this mailbox in offline mode. I receive the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." I use xp + office 2003 in notebook and windows 2000 + exchange 2000 in server. thx a lot Is your mailbox configured for Cached Exchange Mode? If so, the cache file might be damaged. Delete the ost-file and have Outlook resync with Exchange. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlo...

Giving a user permissions to all public folders
Is there an easy way to give a user Edit "All Items" permissions to all public folders without having to go into each one manually? I'm on Exchange 2003 and have about 700 public folders. Thanks, Sander I'm sure pfdavadmin can do this for you...give permissions at the top of the tree and then "Propagate folder ACEs"...if it doesn't work at "All Public Folders", you might have to do it at each "top level" folder... "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:On9KLA2eFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is ther...

Turn off "Show in groups" view in all Inbox folders & subfolders?
I have been searching groups for a way to turn off the show in groups default for all inbox folders and subfolders, and haven't found any solutions other than to turn off each folder separately. Many solutions are offered but they all end up just correcting one file, not all of them. Has anyone come up with a global solution? Thanks! ...

availability servive or public folders
Hello all I am running Exchange 2007 sp2. I have autodiscover services setup correctly, and I also have a public folder store still hanging around. All outlook clients are running 2007 sp2. How do know or how can I tell if an outlook client is using autodiscover to locate the availability service, or if outlook is still using the public folder store to find free\busy data? Thank you very much You could dismount the public store and listen for screams. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "sawyer&...

Help with public folders
Im running windows 2003 with exchange 2003 and when i try to view the properties of a public folder i created i get "The operation failed because of an HTTP error 501 (not implemented). ID no c1030af6. If i try to view system folders under the folder root i get a similar error: The operation failed because of an http error 501 (not implemented) verify that the exadmin virtual root exitsts on the destination server. Id no c1030af7. I am recieveing an error from the client application, outlook 2003, specified object cannot be found while syncing up the public folders Any help wou...

Searcing the contents of Notes & Attachments
Is there any way for a user to search on the contents of a Note or a Note Attachement? (as with the Advanced Find feature ) i think the c360 addon allows you to search notes -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rocco P" <RoccoP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030955D2-A94B-451D-BC33-A8CFE4A3453D@microsoft.com... > Is there any way for a user to search on the contents of a Note or a Note > Attachement? > > (as with the Advanced Find feature ) We made a crystal report for this. It's not too much work and a li...

sorry for the duplicate posting
Sorry, for the inconvenience of the duplicate posting power went out, didn't think it sent the first time. ...

Virus Mydoom found in the IN folder
I got the Mydoom virus this weeken on my exchange sever and it quarantine 6 files in the IN folder starting with DY6WQ9 then the next two letters are different for each file. My question is once I delete these files will I be ok, Or have to recover these files from a backup? Its funny there is no sign of the virus in the Registry or from the removal tool. I am fully protected with Symantec Corporate Edition Plus Norton Exchange. You need to configure your file based AV to exclude the \Exchsrvr folders and let your Exchange AV handle the email. You are not doing that currently. This is a...

Post-Callouts and Internal Assign
I would like to capture OwnerID, ModifiedBy, and ModifiedOn data when a Case (incident) is assigned to a different user or queue. My intention was to use a post-callout update, however, when I assign the case to a user my post-callout does not execute. The post-callout does work because if I update any other field I see results. Is there anything I could have missed in my post-callout creation? Is this the best path to go down to capture this data? Thanks James, Have you thought about using Workflow? You can have them automatically kick off when the object is assigned and then do a P...

How can I Copy WLM folders from external to "C" drive
Hard Drive Crashed and is now drive "I" as external. Reinstalled WLM on C Drive and it connected to my two email accounts, but did not bring all folders in. I still have a backup of my Outlook Express files from a month ago (prior to moving to WLM) that I wouldn't mind bringing in to replace the one email account. I also have a backup of my other email account. What would be the best way to handle this? You can go to File (ALT+F), Import Messages from WLM and point to the I drive folder that contains the old message store. Search for *.EML files to locate. Y...

Public Folder replication #6
We have two mail servers in the same site. One is running Exchang 2000 SP3 on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server. The new one i Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 machine. We are planning o moving everything to the new Exchange server and getting rid of th 2000 server. I can move mailboxes back and forth without any problem but I can't replicate the Public Folder data to the 2003 server. E-mail seems to flow fine between the two servers too. When I look at the replication status, the 2000 server will say I Sync, the 2003 server will say Local Modified Any suggestions Mik First suggestio...

Merging Outlook Folders, Files and Contacts
Our family network has 5 Computers (3 with Outlook 2002 and 2 with 2000). Each has its own e-mail addresses, personal folders and contacts. After almost 10 years, the total amount of data, because of attachments etc., must be huge and we are all spending too much time filing and organizing. Is there any way we can merge the Outlook files & folders from all of them into one master set (without duplications) and then copy it back to each in turn. The wireless network is not stable enough to transfer large amounts of data but we have just acquired a 250GB portable hard drive backup,...

Public Folder Junk Mail Issues: OL 2k3, EX 2k3 & IMF
Hi We are using: Outlook 2k3 Exchange 2k3 SP1 with IMF installed I am finding that Junk Mail that has been sent to a public folder, but identified by either IMF or Outlook Filter are ending up in 'random' users junk mail folders. i.e. one user will have 3 junk messages, another user will have another 3. Our receptionist is responsible for the folder so ideally all junk mail would go into her junk folder or remain in the Public Folder. All of our staff have read/write/delete access to the public folders & send on behalf, all staff also have the Public Folder in their Outlook Ma...

Junk Folder Outlook 2007
My Stupid, I accidently deleted the Junk E-Mail Folder in Outlook 2007. Does anyone know how to get it back short of a fresh install? I created a new folder, and moved the old folder from the Deleted Items folder, but the links that tell outlook that it is the Junk folder have been lost. How do I re-set them. Thanks David Stahlewitz <woodduck@woodducksys.com> wrote: > My Stupid, I accidently deleted the Junk E-Mail Folder in Outlook > 2007. > > Does anyone know how to get it back short of a fresh install? I > created a new folder, and moved the old folder from t...

Public Folders messages in Outlook 2003 appearing as a 'Post' and not as a 'Message'
My Public Folder (from Windows 2003 Server Exchange) messages are appearing as a 'Post' and not as a 'Message' in Outlook 2003. Also, the 'New' button on the shortcut toolbar is showing as 'New - Post'. Does anyone know how to change this default so new messages in Public Folders appear as messages and not posts? Thank you, Darin HOw are they being added to the PF? Is the PF mail enabled? Have you posted to an Exchange group>? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to m...

compatible between outlook 2007 and lotus note
We are using outlook 2007, when we recevied some reply mail from our client(who using lotus note), sometime the mail content had missing, but we tried use another mail client such as window mail and outlook 2003, the content can fully show, how to solve this problem,Thanks! "Gary Chan HK" <Gary Chan HK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE3255C-F70F-41B9-B0DE-876EC6ECB482@microsoft.com... > We are using outlook 2007, when we recevied some reply mail from our > client(who using lotus note), sometime the mail content had missing, but we > tr...

Change Contact Folder View
Hi friend! I am Jamil; I have one problem with my MS Outlook. Whenever I make new folder in my Contacts folder it shows as Address Card so I have to go on the View menu / Current View, and then I chouse Phone List (because I like this view) after that I customize columns. And I have to do this with all folders it tack too much time, because I have 20 folders in my Contact folder. So I want to know how I can do Phone List default view. I have MS Office XP And I want to ask you one think more, I have some questions about MS Windows XP so where is the best to post this questions? Than...

deleting email folder
How does one delete an email folder which the user originally created? Right-clicking on such folders doesn't bring up any option for deleting... Thanks! Kevin What version of Outlook and does pressing the delete button help? Are these subfolders or default folders in a new personal folders store? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, KB asked: | How does one delete an emai...

Restore a public folder #2
I need to restore a Public Folder from a backup without a brick level backup. Environment - 3 Exchange Svrs all 2K3 SP2 all within the same site with Public Folder site replication enabled between all 3 Exchsrvrs. Does this sound like a safe & successful plan.? 1 - Do a backup to clear the transaction logs 2 - Stop the IS and backup all 3 Exchsrvr's MDBData folders. 3 - Start the IS 4 - PST each servers Public Folders 5 - dismount the pub to be restored and stop the IS on the other Exchsrvrs 6 - Restore a public store from backup tape 7 - PST the folder to be restored...

sharing folder problems
Hi: I'm having problems with outlook 2003/Exchange 2000 i've shared a folder in mi boss outlook and when i tryed to open it in my outlook ti says that can't connect to the user or folder. i've already give the ALL permission to my user but still can't open it from another PC. Someone can help me please!!!! it's my boss petition so i'm in troubles!!!!!! THANKS Sebastian Maceda ...

Folder List Slow to Open
On one of our computers, when Outlook 2000 is started, the Folder List is slow to open. The PST file is about 400 MB. The OS is Windows 2000 SP4. Does anyone know why it is slow? It has a lot of folders in it, but it does not have any more than several other computers that are not experiencing the same slowness. ...