public folder - invalid data

Hello,

We have recently run into some trouble on our Exchange 2007 server.

When attempting to manage properties on public folders via the "Public
Folder Management Console", we get the following error message (also
attached):

*** ERROR TEXT ***
The properties on "<item name>" have invalid data. If you click OK,
default values will be used instead and will be saved if you do not
change them before hitting Apply or OK on the property page. If you
click cancel, the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted
values will be retained.

The following values have invalid data: Alias
*** ERROR TEXT ***

This system is running Exchange 2007 sp2 / update rollup 1 on Windows
2003 x64 R2 / sp2. Dual Dual-core AMD Opterons w/8GB of RAM and plenty
of storage space.

Anyone have a suggestion and/or resolution?

Thanks,
Tom W.
0
Tom

Fix the alias.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Tom W." <mwave6@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We have recently run into some trouble on our Exchange 2007 server.
>
> When attempting to manage properties on public folders via the "Public
> Folder Management Console", we get the following error message (also
> attached):
>
> *** ERROR TEXT ***
> The properties on "<item name>" have invalid data. If you click OK,
> default values will be used instead and will be saved if you do not
> change them before hitting Apply or OK on the property page. If you
> click cancel, the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted
> values will be retained.
>
> The following values have invalid data: Alias
> *** ERROR TEXT ***
>
> This system is running Exchange 2007 sp2 / update rollup 1 on Windows
> 2003 x64 R2 / sp2. Dual Dual-core AMD Opterons w/8GB of RAM and plenty
> of storage space.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion and/or resolution?
>

> Thanks,
> Tom W.

0
Ed
1/28/2010 3:26:35 AM
Thanks Ed,

Any pointers on how to discover said alias(es)?

On Jan 27, 10:26=A0pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Fix the alias.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
0
MWave6
1/28/2010 6:48:40 PM
I don't know that I've seen the message you posted in the same context, so I
couldn't say.  When I've gotten one message like that, I've gotten a
complete set of them.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

On Jan 27, 10:26 pm, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Fix the alias.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

0
Ed
1/28/2010 10:47:29 PM
OK Then Ed,

When you say "complete set", what exactly do you mean?

Also, a word of advice, a terse one-liner without sufficient background info
comes across more as a snide pot-shot than genuinely helpful - especially
when it offers little actual guidance beyond the original error message.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> I don't know that I've seen the message you posted in the same context, so I
> couldn't say.  When I've gotten one message like that, I've gotten a
> complete set of them.

When I see that kind of error, I get a list of all such errors for the
population.  But, again, I'm not sure it's exactly the same thing you're
seeing.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Tom W." <Tom W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK Then Ed,
>
> When you say "complete set", what exactly do you mean?
>
> Also, a word of advice, a terse one-liner without sufficient background
> info
> comes across more as a snide pot-shot than genuinely helpful - especially
> when it offers little actual guidance beyond the original error message.
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I don't know that I've seen the message you posted in the same context,
>> so I
>> couldn't say.  When I've gotten one message like that, I've gotten a
>> complete set of them.

0
Ed

Validating Data on a Form with a subForm
I have a form with subforms with data validation in the main Form's Before_Update Event. The problem that I am encountering is when the user has not updated all required data but enters the subform the Form Before_Update Event fires and the validation will fail. Is there a way to know what the next object has been selected might be or how I would not perform the Form's validation when the subform has been selected? Any help will be appreciated!!! No. Access saves the main form's record at the point when you move from the main form into the subform. Any record that fails v...

Biztalk or Scribe for our data integration?
We recently started using CRM 3.0 and the time has come to decide on a data migration plan. So far I've looked at Scribe and it seems promising but my higher-ups are suggesting we take a look at BizTalk. Eventually we will need to pull (two way integration will be required with at least two legacy systems) data from several legacy systems including flat files, SQL Server and a Progress database to name a few. The possibility also exists that we'll want to accept Word, Excel and HTML documents from customers and have information they contain added to our database. Is BizTalk cap...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

bad mail folder #3
Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder. The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on. I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is spam). Thank you What version of Exchange? You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303 Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no members...

Public Folders are blank in Global Address List...
I have a rights problem on publc folders. Domain Admins are able to see public folders in Global Address List but when a Domain user look in the Global Address List all the public folders are blank. I don't know where to look... The OS is Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP1 Thanks! Morten ...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Unable to display the folder...
Hi! I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000. I am suddenly having the same problem. If you find a solution, could you please post it or, better yet, send it to me. Thank you "M P" wrote: > Hi! > > I just notice that I...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

enter data to different tables through one form
i have 5 tables. all of them has pers_no as primary key. they have one to one relation ship through the primary key amongest them. i want to create one form having a text box pers_no where i will enter the data and i want the data to get entered in each table. so how i am not able to do that. i request all you guys to help me. thank you. Sorry for the bad news, but that's not the right way to use Access. You cannot write to 5 tables from one form like that. If you are subclassing, you could create a form for entering the main form info, and then 5 subforms (probably on tab pages) f...

Scatter plot
I have an XY scatter graph with some points in it. My data in the spreadsheet looks like this: [Title] [X-value] [Y-value] [size] Data 1 | 10 | 10 | 1 Data 2 | 33 | 44 | 5 What I want to do is to change the size of the data point according to the value I specify. Right now, I have to individually modify each point and add a number corresponding to the size. Is there anyway to take the size-value from the spreadsheet and change the size of the point in the graph? In the long run, I am also looking to modify the color. If the solution requires some VBA coding, I am up for that. Any sugges...

Importing data #2
hi I would like to import data from the web and although this is quite simple in Excel 2003 the new data (that comes in upon refresh) replaces the old. I was wondering if there is a way to keep previous history of the data, make Excel fill in adjacent cells with the new data for example. Thanks for taking the time to read this George hi, if you are using Microsoft query, the answer would be no. The Micorsoft query becomes a named range in excel that is linked to the query. by desing it expands and contracts at refresh to accommidate new data. I think to accomplish what you want yo...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

OLE Object Data Type Question
Hi, a friend of mine supports a very simple Access 2000 database for keeping tracks of his .JPG file. The database has a table with several field, and one of them is of OLE Object data typy. He opens that table, rightclicks OLE Object field, selects Insert Oject and creates a link to a .JPG file. After finishing insertion the OLE Object field contains kind of "MSPicture3" or "MSImage3" (I don't remember exactly the text). Before a month ago he moved his database to another computer and now after insertion into the OLE Object field a link, it contains "...

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect #2
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? Yes, use 2D charts. They provide a better representation of the values being plotted without the implied false third dimension. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ emwashburn wrote: > Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" > > This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect > > Is there a way to ...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

Getting data from Access
I am trying to use the Get External Data function to pull data from an Access query however I keep getting an error that says: "Microsoft Query: msqry32.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x000000072 referenced memory at 0x000000072. Memory could not be read Click OK to Terminate Click on CANCEL to debug" I am using Excel and Access 2000. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error? Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NChris" <NChris@discussions.micr...

Cannot get datagrid to display data
Hi, I have an XML file that I was hoping to use as a database Here is the code that I have copied that should display the data namespace File_Generation_System { public partial class vrholds : Form { public vrholds() { InitializeComponent(); XmlDataDocument xmlDatadoc = new XmlDataDocument(); xmlDatadoc.DataSet.ReadXml("vrdatabase.xml"); DataSet ds = new DataSet("vrdata DataSet"); ds = xmlDatadoc.DataSet; dataGridView1.DataSource = ds.DefaultViewManager; } But what I g...

Folder location for Addins
Hi I am deploying an xla applications on tens of computers spread all over the world and am wondering how I can get automaticaly (vbs script) the default location for Addins... Most of the time such a path will work WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings ("%APPDATA%"&"\Microsoft\AddIns\") BUT I also know that on French machines the final path is not "\Microsoft\AddIns\" but "&"\Microsoft\Macro Complementaire\" So is there someone who would know - how many different locations exist ? - how to find a way to automatically reco...

Formula retrieves wrong data
hello, world. ;) i�ve got a workbook that retrieves data from an SQLserver. on sheet 1 i�ve got a formula that gets data from sheet2 as long a there�s no more current value on sheet 3. i�m using this frmula: Code ------------------- Code ------------------- =IF(ISBLANK(METRIC_Kname1_S2);METRIC_Kname1_S1;METRIC_Kname1_S2 ------------------- METRIC_Kname1_Sn are defined names of cells both on sheet 2 and 3. unfortunately excel accepts the formula but executes it incorrect. i always retrieve the value from sheet3, regardless of it�s value, even if it�is empty...

Data Execution Prevention
I have been trying to simply change my desktop theme/desktop color. Every attempt to execute the change gives me the DEP message about "run ..dll as an app". So I went into System Properties/Advanced/Performance and checked the box for an exception on "run .dll as an app". Reboot. Still wont allow me to do it. So I switched to "turn off DEP", which I know isn't wise, but I rebooted and it still will not let me change desktop theme, etc. A thorough online search turns up no info beyond what I've already tried. Can anyone help me solve this?...

Public Folder Recovery #2
I had a Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed on Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Server. We got a new server. We installed Windows 2000 SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3. We joined the site and moved all the mailboxes over. Everything is working except the Public Folders. I just copied and pasted the PUB file from the old server to the new one and mounted the database. I saw all the folders so I didnt think much til the next day people were claiming they could not access the Public Folders. The size of the PUB file is about 7 GB. I already took the steps to delete the Exchange 5.5. Is there a way I can get this to se...

Crosstab with Multiple data fields
I would like to make a crosstab query that can have multiple data fields such as ProdCode AcctNo SalesAmt SalesTran RetAmt RetTran I know how to do this with a pivot table but I am required to have it in Access. I can also do this with just one data field such as SalesAmt---I just don't know how to add more than one data field. Is there some workaround to this problem? Thanks, Billy Post a sample of you raw data indicating field names and how you want the results to look like. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "billy.rogers@chasepaymentech.com&...

Sharing contact folder for multiple machines?
I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is there a way to share the contact folder for everyone's Outlook? That way, a contact change need not be done for every machine. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:OWYWuxkAEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, tiki2k wrote: > I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is the...

Exchange Server Public Calendar & iPhone
We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Thanks for any help! "Elizabeth Reynolds" <ElizabethReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9997D826-9CAD-4A07-91C5-18889EC1FF46@microsoft.com... > We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my > iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Ask the question in an iPhone forum. This one deals with neither Exchange nor iPhones, on...