Public folder import?

I am building a lab to test our Exch 5.5 -> 2003 migration.  As part of
that, I would like to recreate some of the public folder structure on the
test 5.5 server.  I created an export/import file (see the format below) and
was successful in importing the directory entries.  However, the actual
folder do not get created.  Is there some magic I can perform with to
accomplish this?

I tried the consistency adjuster, but it doesn't talk about creating publis
folders where only DS entries exist.

Thanks

\\Greg

Obj-Class,Directory Name,Display Name,Folder-PathName,Hide From
AB,Obj-Dist-Name,E-mail Addresses,Delivery-Mechanism
Public-Folder, FAXES89D8122089D8122089D812207E6E89772C45DA
,Faxes,Faxes,1,/o=TTTT/ou=TTTT/cn=Recipients/cn=FAXES89D8122089D8122089D8122
07E6E89772C45DA,SMTP:Faxes@tttt.ORG%X400:c=US;a= ;p=TTTT;o=TTTT;s=Faxes;,0

0
gmartin1 (6)

I believe that you are correct, you are only creating directory entries.

If you use the Microsoft migration methods or thrid-party tools, then the
Active Directory Connector will preform the replication for you.

"Greg Martin" <gmartin@gmartin.org> wrote in message
>I am building a lab to test our Exch 5.5 -> 2003 migration.  As part of
> that, I would like to recreate some of the public folder structure on the
> test 5.5 server.  I created an export/import file (see the format below)
> and
> was successful in importing the directory entries.  However, the actual
> folder do not get created.  Is there some magic I can perform with to
> accomplish this?
>
> I tried the consistency adjuster, but it doesn't talk about creating
> publis
> folders where only DS entries exist.
>
> Thanks
>
> \\Greg
>
> Obj-Class,Directory Name,Display Name,Folder-PathName,Hide From
> AB,Obj-Dist-Name,E-mail Addresses,Delivery-Mechanism
> Public-Folder, FAXES89D8122089D8122089D812207E6E89772C45DA
> ,Faxes,Faxes,1,/o=TTTT/ou=TTTT/cn=Recipients/cn=FAXES89D8122089D8122089D8122
> 07E6E89772C45DA,SMTP:Faxes@tttt.ORG%X400:c=US;a= ;p=TTTT;o=TTTT;s=Faxes;,0

0
ewoodrick (190)
9/5/2004 11:49:15 PM
Thanks for the reply.  Of course if I were doing this in prod, the ADC would
be a help.  but I cannot touch prod to get this working in the lab.  I
cannot find a way to build the actual forlders from the directory structure.

\\Greg

"Ed Woodrick" <ewoodrick@ed-nospam-com.com> wrote in message
> I believe that you are correct, you are only creating directory entries.
>

> If you use the Microsoft migration methods or thrid-party tools, then the
> Active Directory Connector will preform the replication for you.
>

> "Greg Martin" <gmartin@gmartin.org> wrote in message
> >I am building a lab to test our Exch 5.5 -> 2003 migration.  As part of
> > that, I would like to recreate some of the public folder structure on
the
> > test 5.5 server.  I created an export/import file (see the format below)
> > and
> > was successful in importing the directory entries.  However, the actual
> > folder do not get created.  Is there some magic I can perform with to
> > accomplish this?
> >
> > I tried the consistency adjuster, but it doesn't talk about creating
> > publis
> > folders where only DS entries exist.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > \\Greg
> >
> > Obj-Class,Directory Name,Display Name,Folder-PathName,Hide From
> > AB,Obj-Dist-Name,E-mail Addresses,Delivery-Mechanism
> > Public-Folder, FAXES89D8122089D8122089D812207E6E89772C45DA

,Faxes,Faxes,1,/o=TTTT/ou=TTTT/cn=Recipients/cn=FAXES89D8122089D8122089D8122
> > 07E6E89772C45DA,SMTP:Faxes@tttt.ORG%X400:c=US;a=
;p=TTTT;o=TTTT;s=Faxes;,0

0
gmartin1 (6)

Problem While importing mail to Outlook XP
Hi I have imported mail from outlook express 6 to outlook xp. But whatever mails i have imported is copied twice in outlook. Also after that the user is getting all the new mails twice. in Microsoft outlook. Outlook is configured as MAPI client to my Exchange Server. Please advise Regards Kartik ...

Searching across folders
In Outlook 2000, is it possible to seach across folders? That is, can I use Outlook's search to look for a document in my entire pst or in a folder containing subfolders? -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. Probability convinces us we are psychic. Old Guy, in Outlook 2000 (and it's probably pretty much the same in other versions), pull down the Tools menu and select Advanced Find. Click the Browse button next to the In: field to select the folders to search. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddm...

directing mail into different folders based on TO Address
I have two mail accounts say Bill1 and Bill2. I have created 2 folder in my inbox, Bill1 and Bill2. How do I create a rule that says that mailed addressed to Bill1 goes into Bill1 and so forth? In article <elmxb90vDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, w_gower@hotmail.com says... |I have two mail accounts say Bill1 and Bill2. I have created 2 folder in my |inbox, Bill1 and Bill2. How do I create a rule that says that mailed |addressed to Bill1 goes into Bill1 and so forth? | | | Have you tried going through the New Rule Wizard? It's pretty straightforward and basic. ...

Automatically add sent messages to different folder
Does anybody know if Outlook 2002 or later can be set-up to automatically add outgoing e-mails to a personal folder of your choosing? I'd like to be able to do this on a message by message basis, rather than by rules. Lotus Notes had this capability that brought up a dialog box with all the personal folders listed & let you select one each time. If this feature doesn't exist, does anybody know of an add-in that will accomplish the same purpose? Thanks, You can set the save folder on a per message basis by pressin the Options... button while composing a message. -- Robert S...

Import an OFX file with CAD currency
I am trying to import a file. This file contains currency CAD <CURDEF>CAD. My account is in canadian dollar. When i try to import this file I get the folowing message File Import: Your statement contained a default currency (CAD) which was unrelated to the currency of the account 'Desjardins Checking'. Money does not support statements containing unrelated default currencies. Is <CURDEF>CAD a good value to Money ? What sould I do ? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Francois Lapointe wrote: >I am trying to import a file. This file contains currency >CAD...

Import data from Adobe Acrobat PDF Files
How can I import text as data from acrobat pdf files? Open the file in Acrobat Reader, then Select all text > Ctrl-C then move to cell A1 on a new worksheet and do Ctrl-V This will put all the text in column A....... It can be then broken out with Data > TextToColumns............. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Ricky S" <why767@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OHJY74iNFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I import text as data from acrobat pdf files? > > > ...

How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another?
Hello How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? I'm tempted to say "Drag & Drop them" but you might have already tried that... "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:ezxf2$e5FHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? Yes, I have already tried that. They do not follow. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:Og2ZHGf5FHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm tempted ...

Removing Orphaned System Folders
We are running Exchange5.5 with SP4, I have a situation where I need to remove orphaned system folder i.e. OAB and FreeBusy + Schedule folders for a non-existent site from our exchange Org. Basically we had anumber of sites, for example we had a Site Boston which was replicating its public folders to Site London and directory replication was set in place between the two site. Unfortunately they (Boston) removed the X400 connector and dir repl connectors and afterwards this site got removed from our Org - as expected and the Boston server decommissioned. Since Public Folder replicas w...

Importing data

Automatic opening folders of unread email
I use to be able to assign a designated folder where an email is stored upon receipt. That folder then opened so I would know that I had unread mail. Now the folder does not open, and I am unaware of the fact that I have new, unread email. Does anyone know how to set this feature up? ...

Public Folder Favorites read/unread information is wrong in outlook 2003
I am running outlook 2003 and have SBS2003 and exchange 2003. We have a few public folders and to get to the ones i use more often i right click -> add to favorites. This works fine, the folder and subfolders are in my favorites, if i add new folders under all puclic folders it to is added to my favorites automatically. BUT... Favorite public folders maintain read/unread information and display it in blue next to the folder. (21) for example. It works fine for a while but then as time goes on this number gets more and more wrong! One day i had 5 new unread emails in my favorite fo...

Can't see some of my public folders in Outlook
Hello, All of the sudden, I can't see some of my public folders in Outlook 2003. No permissions have changed. I am not having this issue in OWA. I am able to see all of the Public folders in Outlook Web Access. I am running Symantec on Exchange, but excluding all folders that are supposed to be excluded. I exported the root public folder to a PST file, but when I viewed it, it only showed the folders that I am able to see in Outlook 03. I uninstalled Outlook 03, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, with no change When I checked the size of the root Public Folder, it did not list the "...

Importing Excel and Word using automation
The last time I tried this I got very frustrated. I think I'll probably need to buy a book or something. Can someone recommend such a resource, or any other suitable resource for that matter? Before you go out and buy a book, try reading the Automation documentation that Microsoft provides with their Office applications. The documentation file names vary, depending on the version of Office, but for instance, my Office 2003 documentation is in files named the following (obviously, the root path varies depending on where you installed): E:\Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM E:\Office\OFF...

Moving Public Folders To New Partition
Good day. I am needing to move my, rather large, Public Folders to a new partition. Am I wrong in assuming that it should be as easy as 'dismounting' that Public folder store, moving the database to the new partition, and 'mounting' that store at its new location? Thanks a ton, Russ And of course you'll have to update the database path in the store properties page. "russkiel@gmail.com" wrote: > Good day. > > I am needing to move my, rather large, Public Folders to a new > partition. Am I wrong in assuming that it should be as easy as > '...

Scripting mass folder creation within Exchange 5.5 mailbox
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has heard of a way to script the creation of a folder within every user's mailbox on Exchange server 5.5? I am trying to put filtered SPAM into a "Junk" folder within a users mailbox and then set a rule to delete all content with 30 days if unread. Of course there can be no user interaction for the process, and I'd like to do it from the server side. All ideas are welcome, except calling MS, already did. Thanks in advance, John Just an FYI that if you "ever" go to Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 a "Junk E-mail" folder is...

APIs to create new folders under Start-All Programs ?
Hi: Is there SDK APIs to create new folders and put application links inside the groups under the Start-All Programs menu? Thanks in Advance. Polaris How about CreateDirectory()? "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OvItfufdEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Is there SDK APIs to create new folders... Thanks. But the new directoy created will not shown under Start-All Programs menu. I like to create a new folder under Start - All Programs for my applications. "David Crow [MCSD]" <david.no.spam.crow@pbsnow.no.spam.com>...

Fixed Assets import using Integration Manager
Hello, I am having an issue whemn importing Fixed Assets. I have a simple file that I was able to import in one environment, but not successful at another environment. The issue that I am running into is I receive this error when importing the asset using Integration Manager for version GP 10: Error: Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect: Number = 8692 Stored Procedure taCreateAssetID : Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I tried manually creating one asset and then running the import ...

Unread Messages Folder in Favorites Folders
I used to have an unread mail folder in my favorite folders. Somewhere along the way it disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. It is nowhere within my 'All Mail Folders' folder tree. This actually happended on a couple of my machines. I know I can setup a 'View' that shows me only unread messages in the current folder. However the other folder showed me uread meassages throught my whole folder tree and all accounts. Thanx. Look in the All Mail Folders tree under Search Folders. If it's not there, right click the Search Folders folder and s...

Where to find Product key in Windows.old folder?
I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the product key for my MS Ultimate Office 2007 I purchased from Digital River last year. I cannot get the product key from Digital River anymore. I know the key is saved somewhere in the windows.old folder, but i cannot determine where the files is located. please help. -- AZDiablo "undisclosed" wrote in message news:9792f4744e43417cc7b3bde5581351cd@nntp-gateway.com... > > I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the > product key for my MS Ultimate Offi...

Import photo into a circle?
Can I import a photo into a circle in Publisher 2000? Ed Give this a try; Creating Oval pictures in Publisher 2000 by Brian Kvalheim 1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2000 2. Go to Insert > Picture > New Drawing 3. On the bottom toolbar, go to AutoShapes > Basic Shapes > Oval 4. Draw an Oval in the drawing box that is shown 5. Right Click on the Oval and go to Format AutoShape 6. Color and Lines Tab > Fill Color change to Fill Effects 7. In the Fill Effects dialog, go to the Picture Tab > Select Picture 8. Click Ok > Click Ok then click anywhere in the background o...

Can not view system folders
We have an exchange 2003 server on win 2k box. When I go to system manager -- folders -- public folders and right click on the public folders, than click display system folders nothing happens. It does not display the system folders and there is no error message. Also when I create a new public folder nothing happens. I can however create folders inside the "Public folders" folder from within Outlook 2003. Help Thank you Right-click the Public Folders root and select to change the server your System Manager is talking to. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the ...

Web based Exchange search public folders?
Does anyone know a solution for searching all public folders in one go, an application that has a web-based interface, which people can access when logged onto the server? I currently use Lookout, but that is a client side solution, and not web based. This is a thing that i would use every day if it exists. Important! Thanks PremP ...

Importing from Wnimail
Using Outlook 2007 is it possible to import emails from Winmail to Outlook?? "Pimamedic" <Pimamedic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E6A498-CB4D-4985-AE3F-190D64560066@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2007 is it possible to import emails from Winmail to > Outlook?? Yes - but do it the other way - export FROM Winmail.... "Pimamedic" <Pimamedic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E6A498-CB4D-4985-AE3F-190D64560066@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2007 is it possible to import emails from Winmail to Outlook?? C...

Missing Public Folders
Hi... My site's public folders keep disappearing from our organisation hierachy... I restore them and after a few hours they're gone again! What am I doing wrong?? I assume it's a replication problem... but I don't know oops..... Its Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on NT4 SP6A across the entire organisation. Thanks in advance for any help >-----Original Message----- >Hi... My site's public folders keep disappearing from our >organisation hierachy... I restore them and after a few >hours they're gone again! What am I doing wrong?? I assume >it's a r...

Important restore a server a ups killed with large amount of data
Hello, A ups died taking out one of my sbs 2003 servers. now there is a lot data on this machine i am talking roughly 3 tb of data. Here is where is sites, sharepoint and sql are toast. completely a uninstall and reinstall don't fix it if anything it broke more. I have a backup from 3 days ago from sbs backup I also have a image based backup from 2 months ago. what is the best way to get this server up and running without taking the whole day tomorrow. can i just use ntbackup from the sbs backup i have and do a restore on the server and tell it to skip the data partit...