Public folder Exchange 2003 #2

When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following
message:

Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have
sufficient  permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a

I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server
running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before
Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones.

Regards

Per
0
Per (30)

Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following
>message:
>
>Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have
>sufficient  permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a
>
>I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server
>running. It doesn�t seem to be a problem with public folders created before
>Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones.

So, did you verify that you have permission to modify the mapisvc.inf
file?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Regards
Per

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following
> >message:
> >
> >Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have
> >sufficient  permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a
> >
> >I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server
> >running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before
> >Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones.
>
> So, did you verify that you have permission to modify the mapisvc.inf
> file?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Per (30)
9/8/2005 6:10:04 AM
Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes there is no problem with the file.

And what ARE the permissions on that file? What accounts have "Modify"
permissions? Does any account have a "Deny"?

The file itself may be just fine, but something doesn't have the
permission to modify that file. If you're stumped you can use auditing
and watch who fails to modify the file. Or you can get a copy of
filemon from http://www.sysinternals.com and watch the results.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

PER

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes there is no problem with the file.
>
> And what ARE the permissions on that file? What accounts have "Modify"
> permissions? Does any account have a "Deny"?
>
> The file itself may be just fine, but something doesn't have the
> permission to modify that file. If you're stumped you can use auditing
> and watch who fails to modify the file. Or you can get a copy of
> filemon from http://www.sysinternals.com and watch the results.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Per (30)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Public holiday in shared folders
Hello, We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert automatiquely the public holiday. Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't work. In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them again in the user's calendar Any idea ? Best regards, Oliver Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you can't directly add them from within Outlook "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message news:mn.936a7d61f268d624.48077@r...

Exchange update problem

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2