Public Folder displays incoming e-mails as Post/Note

I'm trying to change the default form of a mail enabled Public Folder in
Exchange 2003.
Currently all incoming e-mails to a Public Folder are shown as a Post or
Notes.
How can I change the default form to be the regular e-mail or message form?

Also, it seems I could create another form that could be used for replies.
Any references I can use?

I read the following article as well as many other posts, however they all
refer to an Agent in Exchange 5.5. I'm using Exchange 2003
http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/4855/4855.html

Thanks,
Greg

0
greg9898 (4)

Maybe I misunderstand you, but what prevents you from right clicking the
folder, selecting Properties, and under "When posting to this folder, use:"
selecting necessary template or any custom form created by you?
Further, on the Forms tab you can associate with this folder any custom
forms you need.

Regards,
Boris

"Greg A" <greg@dontspam.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to change the default form of a mail enabled Public Folder in
> Exchange 2003.
> Currently all incoming e-mails to a Public Folder are shown as a Post or
> Notes.
> How can I change the default form to be the regular e-mail or message
form?

> Also, it seems I could create another form that could be used for replies.
> Any references I can use?
>
> I read the following article as well as many other posts, however they all
> refer to an Agent in Exchange 5.5. I'm using Exchange 2003

http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/4855/4855.html

> Thanks,
> Greg

0
msexpert1 (171)
2/4/2005 11:18:43 PM
When I do:
"When posting to this folder, use:"

Forms instead of IPM.Post
then Standard Forms Library
Message

I get error: "You can not create an item of this type in this folder"
Note that the folder was created as Mail and Posts

Thanks, Greg.

"Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Maybe I misunderstand you, but what prevents you from right clicking the
> folder, selecting Properties, and under "When posting to this folder,
> use:"
> selecting necessary template or any custom form created by you?
> Further, on the Forms tab you can associate with this folder any custom
> forms you need.
>
> Regards,
> Boris
>

> "Greg A" <greg@dontspam.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to change the default form of a mail enabled Public Folder in
>> Exchange 2003.
>> Currently all incoming e-mails to a Public Folder are shown as a Post or
>> Notes.
>> How can I change the default form to be the regular e-mail or message
> form?
>>
>> Also, it seems I could create another form that could be used for
>> replies.
>> Any references I can use?
>>
>> I read the following article as well as many other posts, however they
>> all
>> refer to an Agent in Exchange 5.5. I'm using Exchange 2003
>>
> http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/4855/4855.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg

0
greg9898 (4)
2/5/2005 4:27:56 AM
Hi  Greg,

try the following article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832492/en-us

"Greg A" wrote:

> When I do:
> "When posting to this folder, use:"
>
> Forms instead of IPM.Post
> then Standard Forms Library
> Message
>
> I get error: "You can not create an item of this type in this folder"
> Note that the folder was created as Mail and Posts
>
> Thanks, Greg.
>
> "Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > Maybe I misunderstand you, but what prevents you from right clicking the
> > folder, selecting Properties, and under "When posting to this folder,
> > use:"
> > selecting necessary template or any custom form created by you?
> > Further, on the Forms tab you can associate with this folder any custom
> > forms you need.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Boris
> >

> > "Greg A" <greg@dontspam.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm trying to change the default form of a mail enabled Public Folder in
> >> Exchange 2003.
> >> Currently all incoming e-mails to a Public Folder are shown as a Post or
> >> Notes.
> >> How can I change the default form to be the regular e-mail or message
> > form?
> >>
> >> Also, it seems I could create another form that could be used for
> >> replies.
> >> Any references I can use?
> >>
> >> I read the following article as well as many other posts, however they
> >> all
> >> refer to an Agent in Exchange 5.5. I'm using Exchange 2003
> >>
> > http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/4855/4855.html
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Greg

0
knoef (1)
2/8/2005 8:17:02 AM
Thanks.
So according to this, it's a bug.
I'll give it a try.

"knoef" <knoef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi  Greg,
>
> try the following article:

greg9898 (4)

Copy Public Folders
Hello All: Is there a way to copy/export the public folder(s) to local drive? you can drag the items in the folder to a folder in a pst file or a folder on the hard drive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "Eldingo" <eldingo@dingo.net> wrote in message news:ezZrOlF9JH...

Determine Folders Size from Server
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to find out the individual folder size in users' mailboxes? ...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

Public Folder Calendar printing
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment. One of my users posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public Folder calendar. The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the following error message: "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance." I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick. Anyone have any clue...

Combine Duplicate Folders in Outlook 2002
I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, Inbox, etc. How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't need? Erik S. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another > computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, > Inbox, etc. > How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't > need? Drag the items in the ones you don't want into the ones you do. Once done, close the PST you just emptied. Now you have one set....

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

add e-mailaddresses
Hi, we are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 in combination with Outlook2003 and I want to let another user (not an administrator) manage some recipient-containers in Exchange 5.5 admin-program. in order to let that user manage e-mailaddresses in that particular recipient-container. Is that only possible with the Exchange admin-program. or is there another way to do that? Thanks. John ...

MSExchangeIS Public Store Errors 1110
We are running Exchange Verson 6.0 (Build 6249.4; Service Pack 3 We are getting the following error 39 times every hour Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Stor Event Category: General Event ID: 111 Date: 2/20/200 Time: 6:21:36 P User: N/ Computer: MAI Description Error 0x0 occurred while writing per-user information for <user@outdomain.com> on database "Staff\Public Folder Store (MAIL)". For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. This error is supposed to be solved by the service pack (Q312966). We applied...

After an email is sent, the sent items folder is displayed. why?
After an email is sent, sometimes the sent folder pops up and displays all the items in the folder. Like you clicked on the folder to view it. I can not find an option to stop this. Any ideas? ...

Group Permission on Public Folders
Hello I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and two'sies of user rights to folders. thanks e- "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a >public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and >two'sies of user rights to folders. Exchange 5.5? Sure. Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a distribution g...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

Default Auto delivery of incomming email...
Hello all, I am an IT support technician who is searching for an answer that one of our Account Managers has asked today. In a strange twist of events, he would like his Outlook client to NOT automatically recieve email, or at the very least, increase the time between automatic deliveries. I have been combing the web for the past hour or so and have been unable to find a solution to his request. IS there a solution? My IT director is telling me that he is unaware of a setting on Exchange Server 2003 that sets how often the server pushes messages to the various accounts. The cli...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

Moving Inbox items to folders
I was wondering if there was a way to move inbox items to certain folder. Example. I have a folder call "Validation" I have e-mails that come in that I would like to move to that folder. Instead of click and drag can a macro be developed to move the selected e-mail to a certain folder by programming a Button or quick key? Thanks That is what Rules Wizard was created to do. What version of Outlook do you have? Different versions have different options, the latest (2003) having the most. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

Setting Public Folder Permissions (Exchange 2003)
We have a public folder on our Exchange server that stores all of our client contact information. I know that there is a way to assign permissions (Owner, Editor, etc) to the other Exchange users. I did this once or twice when we were on Exchange 5.5. How would I do that on Exchange 2003? It is in the Exchange Tasks of each user in AD? Is it something in the Exchange console that I am missing? forgot to send you the link (-: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu __________...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

Displayed addresses
How do I use a distribution list, but only have the recipient's address displayed on his email, i.e, send to multiple adressees, but hide the list from the recipient. You are describing a mail merge to electronic mail, not a message to multiple recipients. You can only use a DL for the latter. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Guinn" <guinnclark@p...

Public Folder Query
I don't want to actually use OWA or the Outlook application I want to know if there are is some way of having a web page display Public Folder information. For example, a calendar in our Public Folders contains meeting room bookings. I would like to display booking information on a web page, pulled in from the Public Folder, and even possibly create calendar bookings without using Outlook or OWA to go into the Public Folder Is that ok? Hope that makes sense Cheers Tommy Yes, it is possible to build custom web pages that display data from public folders, but such applications can b...

OWA NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY
Hello. I'm having issues with Outlook Web Access. It won't display properly. Exchange is working fine, but the icons in OWA weren't showing up. I changed some permissions to try and fix it and now it just looks all funky. Does anyone know a way to repair permisisons on owa, or know of anything else I should do? Thanks. You just seeing a bunch of X's where the icons should be? To fix this, I'd recommend simply running through a reinstall of Exchange. It will reinstall the binaries and re-register all the OWA stuff properly. It should take all of about 10 minutes...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

Local folders 12-20-09
I think we may have had this question before. All of a sudden the folders on the left hand side of the screen have disappeared. (i.e. In box, sent items, out box etc.) I can bring them back manually everytime I log on to Windows Mail, but they used to appear automatically when I start up and this is not happening for some reason. I have had Windows Mail for two years now. Anyone know how to correct this. Thanks a lot. One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party applications may be disallowing the changes from "sticking." These include ...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

looking for mail server for testing client on local machine
I am developing software for add-in on Outlook client, but am doing this in a 'closed' development environment. I'm looking for a 'pseudo-mail-server' that could run on the local machine to send and receive emails (testing environment only). Someone must have done this before.... If you use your favorite search engine for look for "free POP3 server," = you should find what you need.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart ...