Public Folder Contacts for addressing email in OWA

OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a shared
calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in Public
folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for users
to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders. Clicking
"To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the Public
folders. Can this be done?
0
Dodge (52)

I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder
visible in OWA.  Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an
add-on that will do this, but it can't be done "out of the box".

--
Jim McBee
Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Dodge" <Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a
> shared
> calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in
> Public
> folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for
> users
> to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders.
> Clicking
> "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the
> Public
> folders. Can this be done?

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
5/25/2006 7:51:07 PM
Thanks Jim... addressing email seems to be a weak point, and a place for
lot's of improvement, for OWA. Thank goodness, there's RPCoHTTPS though not
as "get email everywhere" as OWA.

"Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]" wrote:

> I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder
> visible in OWA.  Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an
> add-on that will do this, but it can't be done "out of the box".
>
> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Free eBook: http://nexus.realtimepublishers.com/ttgsm.htm
>

> "Dodge" <Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a
> > shared
> > calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in
> > Public
> > folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for
> > users
> > to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders.
> > Clicking
> > "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the
> > Public
> > folders. Can this be done?

0
Dodge (52)
5/26/2006 5:34:01 PM

"Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]" wrote:

> I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder
> visible in OWA.  Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an
> add-on that will do this, but it can't be done "out of the box".
>
> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Free eBook: http://nexus.realtimepublishers.com/ttgsm.htm
>

> "Dodge" <Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a
> > shared
> > calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in
> > Public
> > folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for
> > users
> > to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders.
> > Clicking
> > "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the
> > Public
> > folders. Can this be done?

Has this issue been resolved, or will it be resolved in Exchange 2003? Is
this feature available in Exchange 2007?

Thanks!
0
Tracy (44)