Public Folder client access permissions - MAPI permissions

Hi,

I am unable to view MAPI permissions when i click client permissions from
Public folder properties. The permissions I see instead is of Windows 2003
format...
I want to view permissions in MAPI format.

I am using ESM > Folders > Public Folder tree branch to assign permissions.

ref url
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx#EME

if you see in the above URL, there are two windows, one is MAPI permissions
other is Windows 2000 permissions..I want MAPI one..that is easier..
0
JackDorson (167)

Your reference refers to different types of Public Folder trees. The default
and a general purpose tree. Are you looking at the default public folder
tree? If so you should see MAPI if not you won't. Have you tried using
Outlook to apply permissions?

Nue
"Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to view MAPI permissions when i click client permissions from
> Public folder properties. The permissions I see instead is of Windows 2003
> format...
> I want to view permissions in MAPI format.
>
> I am using ESM > Folders > Public Folder tree branch to assign
> permissions.
>
> ref url:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx#EME
>
> if you see in the above URL, there are two windows, one is MAPI
> permissions
> other is Windows 2000 permissions..I want MAPI one..that is easier..

0
imaneophyte (3004)

HTTP Error 401.3
Hi, I hope someone can help me. CRM worked fine for a while, but suddenly everybody, except the CRMAdmin account gets the following error: HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. The website is runnning on SBS2003 and i created the website myself before installing CRM. The folder where the webdata is stored is :\inetpub\MSCRM IUSR account does have the right permissions.. I cannot find any messages in the IIS website logfile I found some articles about this error, but i do not know where to start because they assume you have the w...

Exchange 2003 ESM and Outlook 2003 coexistance on the same client
Is there any convenient way to have Exchange 2003 ESM and Outlook 2003 coexist on the same client. I would like to install ESM on my customer service tech's machines but, as you may know, Exchange and outlook use the same mapi32.dll file. I have found a registry hack that will keep Exchange's mapping the the dll and not let Outlook mapi32.dll checking function overwrite it but it seems to break down every so ofter. For some reason it will be working fine for months, then ESM stops working and I need to reinstall again (possible due to Outlook security updates). Have any of you ...

Limitation of Outlook Pesonal Folder
Hi Guys, Can you give me a reference where I can find information about limitation of personal Folder of MS Outlook? If its possible that the information was stated the maximum size (GB?) Thanks, Mark Here is a link to an article that talks about the Personal Folder file size limitation for Oultook 97-2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296088. Outlook 2003 has a much larger limitation and here is a link to an article that discusses its limitations, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;830336. I hope this information is helpful. Robe...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

URL access
Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? In addition, can you hand search condition? Hello, I searched the SDK for this, but only found out about URL addressable forms. Seems to me like you have to write a custom ASP.NET web application (grid) to write this behavior. Anyone else? Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "a-kun" wrote: > Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? > In addition, can you hand search condition? ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

lotus approach queries VS access queries.
Hi, We are migrationg from approach to access. My basic underastanding of the procedure is that the data has to be migrated and all the other features like forms and reports have to be recreated. Is 'Approach query' different from MS Access query? Can this be assumed to be replaced by Access query? cheers, Nuti ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

Apply current view to all folders
Hi, I would like to apply a certain view to all sub-folders within my inbox and would like to do it without having to go to all my folders. I have many sub and sub-sub folders. I have looked and looked for an 'apply this view to all folders' button or the like but can't find. Can anyone help?? Thank you, Tracy Rhodes ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Me again... bottom line.. How can I make every message and information look alike wit...

email to Public folder gets NDR
When I try to send a message to PF I get a NDR and following message in Application log Event Type: Warnin Event Source: MSExchangeTranspor Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 32 Date: 31.05.200 Time: 9:50:2 User: N/ Computer: XMAI Description The following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg2 to the store failed. Error code : 1238 (Message-ID <C8F74733BF2C7E4888545664F83970FC47162D@xmail.1111.ru> will be NDR'd). MDB : 0a07ea5d-c42f-41d6-9b26-1b91ceddf4dd. FID : 1-41. MID : 1-23E6CB. File : . But some other users can send messages without problems.. What does this error code(...

access application
what are the applications of Microsoft Access ...

Allow read/write access to a file only from my process
Hello, I have this situation: I need to create a file and alow access (read/write) only from my application process. But I can�t use any kind of CFile::Open flags like CFile::ShareDenyRead because I need to access the file simultaneously from my app, in other words: I want to share the file but only inside my process. The previous situation could seem extrange so I will explain my app deeply: My app hosts a FlashPlayer Activex control and I have the SWF file inside the executable as a resource. As I can't load the SWF file as a stream I need to extract it to a temporary folder, but...

CRM 4.0
Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client install and has always worked. These ar...

How to Restore Public Calendar Permissions
Most of the items on our public calendar were deleted. We restored the items by copying them from a .pst which was extracted from a backup. Sometime afterwards we found that users could not see items on the calendar until they displayed the previous month first and then the current month. Users cannot print items from the public calendar (it appears blank) and they cannot change items that they created previously. They are able to create new items. We've tried making everyone an owner just to see if anything changed but the results were still the same. I'm assuming that all ...

Rehoming public folders Exch5.5
Hi, Iinstalled a new Exch5.5 Serv into our existing site and decided to rehome public folders using Admin console and MS Article Q185043. Serv1 NT4SP5 Exch5.5SP4 is to removed from site Serv2 is the new server Win2kSP3 Exch5.5SP4. My question is why do all my public folders (hidden view) still show in the recipent container on serv1 after being rehomed 5 days a go to serv2 but under the public folder hierarchy all my folder properties state the home server as Serv2? The only step i havn't perform in the article is 'propagate these properties to all subfolders' and clear all optio...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

Access
I use the "filepicker"to display pictures in my stockforms. (like in employees of North wind) I would like to display the pictures also in a report. Is that possible without loading as OLE Oject? Helmut hs4297@hotmail.com ...

Accessing
I have a object which is a member of my CWinApp derived App object. How do I access the member from the my view class? In essence how do I access the App object? You can use AfxGetApp()-> or there is an external variable set up called theApp where you can just say theApp.m_variable. I try not to do this too often and usually set up getters and setters for things I plan to access. Tom "MFC" <MFC@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u5xLz$YrFHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have a object which is a member of my CWinApp derived App object. How do >I > acces...

Outlook access on 2 computers ???
Hello all, I'm currently running Outlook 2002 (Office XP) on my Desktop in my home office with XP Home as the OS. I'll soon be taking this desktop to a new office and purchasing a laptop for home use. This new laptop will have XP Home as the operating system as well and will likely have Outlook 2000 (unless I purchase another newer version of Outlook). My question is: Is it possible to have the same access to my Outlook folders (inbox, sent items, contacts, calendar, etc...) on both my home laptop and my desktop that'll be in my office? I'll be working from my new office m...

Getting data from Access into Excel
I posted a couple of days ago and didn't get any answers. Anyway, th problem has evolved somewhat since so I'm re-posting in the hope tha somebody can help this time. I have a query on an Access database which gives me product details an is fairly large, approx. 16,000 records. I am working on a spreadshee to forecast sales and would like to pull in information based on th product code entered by the user. My idea initially was simply t create a query that imported this data into a sheet and reference th appropriate cells from the forecasting sheet. I quickly realised tha all thes...

Cannot change bank access password in Money 2006
My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2006, it will not accept the change, always reverting to the original password. I have previewed as many existing discussion threads and cannot find solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have Money 2005 and have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix for this? "JimB" wrote: > My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at > that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2...