Public Folder Calendar Items not Updating

Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment.
Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public
folder structure.

There are several people that have to update these calendars.

Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the
following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update:
"This item was not completely updated during the last server
synchronization."

When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the
update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar
will not reflect the update.

When this happens, the person can resend the update and everything will
work fine.

Any idaes on the cause? I have forced Send/Receive, but it doesn't do
anything.

Thanks.

0
jafrye (4)
6/22/2006 7:40:24 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
752 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

Are there replicas of this PF on other servers?  Might be that users are 
hitting different PF servers and updates aren't happening as well as they 
might.

"JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message 
news:1151005223.988882.234620@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
> Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment.
> Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public
> folder structure.
>
> There are several people that have to update these calendars.
>
> Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the
> following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update:
> "This item was not completely updated during the last server
> synchronization."
>
> When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the
> update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar
> will not reflect the update.
>
> When this happens, the person can resend the update and everything will
> work fine.
>
> Any idaes on the cause? I have forced Send/Receive, but it doesn't do
> anything.
>
> Thanks.
> 


0
missy5697 (66)
6/22/2006 7:47:21 PM
No. We are in a larger forest, but all of our public folder data is
stored solely on our exchange server.

It seems that the client is not sending all of the info.

Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
> Are there replicas of this PF on other servers?  Might be that users are
> hitting different PF servers and updates aren't happening as well as they
> might.
>
> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
> news:1151005223.988882.234620@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment.
> > Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public
> > folder structure.
> >
> > There are several people that have to update these calendars.
> >
> > Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the
> > following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update:
> > "This item was not completely updated during the last server
> > synchronization."
> >
> > When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the
> > update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar
> > will not reflect the update.
> >
> > When this happens, the person can resend the update and everything will
> > work fine.
> >
> > Any idaes on the cause? I have forced Send/Receive, but it doesn't do
> > anything.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

0
jafrye (4)
6/22/2006 9:15:34 PM
And you're positive there's only one Exchange server with Public Folders in 
the entire Org?
"JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message 
news:1151010934.180563.185390@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> No. We are in a larger forest, but all of our public folder data is
> stored solely on our exchange server.
>
> It seems that the client is not sending all of the info.
>
> Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
>> Are there replicas of this PF on other servers?  Might be that users are
>> hitting different PF servers and updates aren't happening as well as they
>> might.
>>
>> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
>> news:1151005223.988882.234620@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
>> > Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment.
>> > Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public
>> > folder structure.
>> >
>> > There are several people that have to update these calendars.
>> >
>> > Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the
>> > following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update:
>> > "This item was not completely updated during the last server
>> > synchronization."
>> >
>> > When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the
>> > update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar
>> > will not reflect the update.
>> >
>> > When this happens, the person can resend the update and everything will
>> > work fine.
>> >
>> > Any idaes on the cause? I have forced Send/Receive, but it doesn't do
>> > anything.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
> 


0
missy5697 (66)
6/22/2006 10:33:16 PM
Yes. Our exchange server holds all of the data for our public folders.
Anyone who accesses them pulls the data from us.

Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
> And you're positive there's only one Exchange server with Public Folders in
> the entire Org?
> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
> news:1151010934.180563.185390@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > No. We are in a larger forest, but all of our public folder data is
> > stored solely on our exchange server.
> >
> > It seems that the client is not sending all of the info.
> >
> > Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
> >> Are there replicas of this PF on other servers?  Might be that users are
> >> hitting different PF servers and updates aren't happening as well as they
> >> might.
> >>
> >> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
> >> news:1151005223.988882.234620@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
> >> > Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment.
> >> > Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public
> >> > folder structure.
> >> >
> >> > There are several people that have to update these calendars.
> >> >
> >> > Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the
> >> > following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update:
> >> > "This item was not completely updated during the last server
> >> > synchronization."
> >> >
> >> > When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the
> >> > update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar
> >> > will not reflect the update.
> >> >
> >> > When this happens, the person can resend the update and everything will
> >> > work fine.
> >> >
> >> > Any idaes on the cause? I have forced Send/Receive, but it doesn't do
> >> > anything.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks.
> >> >
> >

0
jafrye (4)
6/23/2006 6:59:13 PM
well, I've never heard of this before -- is there any type of pattern you 
can discern re. who can and cannot update the calendar?  It sounds like a 
very annoying transient problem.
"JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message 
news:1151089153.467371.172960@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Yes. Our exchange server holds all of the data for our public folders.
> Anyone who accesses them pulls the data from us.
>
> Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
>> And you're positive there's only one Exchange server with Public Folders 
>> in
>> the entire Org?
>> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
>> news:1151010934.180563.185390@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> > No. We are in a larger forest, but all of our public folder data is
>> > stored solely on our exchange server.
>> >
>> > It seems that the client is not sending all of the info.
>> >
>> > Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
>> >> Are there replicas of this PF on other servers?  Might be that users 
>> >> are
>> >> hitting different PF servers and updates aren't happening as well as 
>> >> they
>> >> might.
>> >>
>> >> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
>> >> news:1151005223.988882.234620@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
>> >> > Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 
>> >> > Environment.
>> >> > Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our 
>> >> > public
>> >> > folder structure.
>> >> >
>> >> > There are several people that have to update these calendars.
>> >> >
>> >> > Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the
>> >> > following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update:
>> >> > "This item was not completely updated during the last server
>> >> > synchronization."
>> >> >
>> >> > When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the
>> >> > update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar
>> >> > will not reflect the update.
>> >> >
>> >> > When this happens, the person can resend the update and everything 
>> >> > will
>> >> > work fine.
>> >> >
>> >> > Any idaes on the cause? I have forced Send/Receive, but it doesn't 
>> >> > do
>> >> > anything.
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks.
>> >> >
>> >
> 


0
missy5697 (66)
6/23/2006 8:43:37 PM
Hello,

I am seeing a very similar problem with one of our Exchange users.  

Our CEO's assistant has access to the CEO's calendar.  There is a recurring 
Meeting request that happens  every monday at 8:30am.  This week, the CEO 
canceled the meeting and the update was delivered to the assistant who 
clicked "Remove from Calendar". But when she opens her calendar the meeting 
is still scheduled and marked as Busy.

When she tries to delete the meeting, she selects just the on accurance, and 
chooses not to send an update (because the executives don't want to be 
bothered with extra e-mails). The meeting is removed until the next 
synchronization and then reappears.

When I open the accurance, it says at the top "This item was not completely 
updated during the last server synchronization. Click here to review other 
versions."

When I click that button it displays the Local Failures window, and a new 
entry is created but it is dated 2/6/06 instead of today's date of 7/17/06.

There is also an entry created in the Sync Failures folder that is dated 
today which doesn't give much information at all.  

One KB article I found dealing with similar issues suggested checking 
Delegate options.  But when I open these options there are no delegates 
listed.  Another article I found suggested ensuring that the folder was 
syncing correctly by comparing offline files and online files.  If the number 
is the same it was synced, which it is.

I'd like to resolve this without having to delete the entire series and 
recreating it, but so far, that seems to be the only viable option.  There is 
a very good chance that the CEO has done something wrong when trying to 
cancel the meeting, but I'd like to find out what she could have done that 
would cause this to happen.

Any info would help.

Thanks



"Missy Koslosky [MVP]" wrote:

> well, I've never heard of this before -- is there any type of pattern you 
> can discern re. who can and cannot update the calendar?  It sounds like a 
> very annoying transient problem.
> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message 
> news:1151089153.467371.172960@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > Yes. Our exchange server holds all of the data for our public folders.
> > Anyone who accesses them pulls the data from us.
> >
> > Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
> >> And you're positive there's only one Exchange server with Public Folders 
> >> in
> >> the entire Org?
> >> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
> >> news:1151010934.180563.185390@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >> > No. We are in a larger forest, but all of our public folder data is
> >> > stored solely on our exchange server.
> >> >
> >> > It seems that the client is not sending all of the info.
> >> >
> >> > Missy Koslosky [MVP] wrote:
> >> >> Are there replicas of this PF on other servers?  Might be that users 
> >> >> are
> >> >> hitting different PF servers and updates aren't happening as well as 
> >> >> they
> >> >> might.
> >> >>
> >> >> "JFrye" <jafrye@tamu.edu> wrote in message
> >> >> news:1151005223.988882.234620@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
> >> >> > Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 
> >> >> > Environment.
> >> >> > Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our 
> >> >> > public
> >> >> > folder structure.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > There are several people that have to update these calendars.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the
> >> >> > following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update:
> >> >> > "This item was not completely updated during the last server
> >> >> > synchronization."
> >> >> >
> >> >> > When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the
> >> >> > update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar
> >> >> > will not reflect the update.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > When this happens, the person can resend the update and everything 
> >> >> > will
> >> >> > work fine.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Any idaes on the cause? I have forced Send/Receive, but it doesn't 
> >> >> > do
> >> >> > anything.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Thanks.
> >> >> >
> >> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
mawd (1)
7/17/2006 2:57:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

RMS updates
I purchased RMS this past January and have been running since February. Are there any upgrades...and if so, how do I get them? Also, how to I increase the size of my SQL DB? It seems it's at 94% and losing the DB would be a disaster. Thanks I believe you are suppose to be notified by email or possibly snail mail when updates come out. They get sent right to you. Of course I have yet to see them either. As for the database it should be set to grow automatically. "zoostation" <zoostation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55BD57F7-B22B-45E1-9BEF-EF0...

Outlook
Hi, We have a public folder - Orders - that our sales people forward orders to and they are picked up by accounts. Works great only some orders get processed twice or some don't get processed at all!! I am wondering if there is a way to automatically move a message to a subfolder, called Processed, when they are read? I know Move to Folder is easy enough, but anything we can automate would be great. Many Thanks. you'd need to use a script or VBA. Outlook doesn't have anything built in. I use Auto-mate to move messages later but I don't know if it works on public folders. ...

Set Default Calendar in Outlook 2003
How can I change the default calendar in Outlook 2003? I have two calendars showing. One was created when I installed Outlook. The other was created when I installed Outlook Conector and added my MSN account. I'd like to use the MSN calendar as default as it is synced to all my computers when I log on to Outlook. Thanks, Sam Your default calendar folder is always the Calendar folder in your local message store or Exchange Mailbox. You can't make the MSN one the default as far as I know "Sam Crawford" <sam@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eN531ASxFHA.612@T...

Backing up public folders
Exchange 2003 server. Our backup user can back up public folder ONLY if it can READ the folder items. This is a problem if the owner of a folder restricts the rights of the folder. Through ESM I have verified that the back up user has all rights allowed on the public folders (except send as and receive as). This backup user is the same one we use to backup the mailboxes and it has full exchange system admin rights. What am I missing? On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:41:03 -0700, Loucie <Loucie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server. Our backup user can back up publ...

How to purge deleted items?
Hello there I have just started using Outlook to read my emails. One thing I couldn't do though; When I have deleted the unwanted mails, the mails remain in my mailbox although they appear with a strikethrough line across. I cannot find in Outlook any function similar to the function "Purge" in Outlook Express, which actually removes the deleted items completely from my inboxes. I have ticked the option which says something like "Remove items from the Delete folder when exiting Outlook" but upon exiting and restarting Outlook, the deleted items are still there....

DST update tool for Outlook/exchange...
Hi all, How do i check if the patch for outlook software applied and work? After applied all the patch for server, exchange, and Outlook/exchange update tool, will the appointment shift by 1 hour or it will stays at the same time as of NOW before 3/11? THanks for your time. Only the appointments in the affected DST period will be impacted - which occurs 3 weeks earlier and ends 1 week later than earlier years. The Outlook Timezone Update Tool in interactive, allows selecting/deselecting appointments to be changed and outputs a log that is displayed at the end of the session. When you...

OWA public folder data does not match actual data
Viewing a public folder calendar through OWA does not match the contents when viewing it through Outlook 2002 or 2003. If I change an existing appointment or add a new appointment, the data shows up but random existing data does not show up in OWA. Running EX2K3 SP2 on Windows 2K3 SP1 Thanks, Brian How many public folder servers do you have? Are they perhaps looking at different replicas? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "B.E. Jorgenson" <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163007900.164594.135120@h48g...

outlook 2007 updates #2
version of my outllok 2007 is (12.0.6327.5000) sp1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). I would like to update it from (12.0.6213.1000) to (12.0.6320.5000). any ideas which update would do that? thanks ...

Newbie struggling
Hi For coursework I have to create an excel workbook that takes totals from invoices and adds them all up - pretty simple for some but not me! I have created the invoice template and the user enters the necessary data to complete and print it out - what I need is a way of taking four or five sets of data from that invoice sheet (e.g. invoice number, customer name etc etc) and writing them to another sheet so that I can add them up. The problem I am having is how to get that data into the next blank row in the second sheet - currently it only overwrites the first set - how do I get the pointe...

Color Folders
How do I change the inbox to different colors for different people? you can't change the color of the folders, but you can use automatic formatting to change the colors of the message headers in the inbox - see Tools, Organize, using color. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Ti...

Automatically move messages to folders
I have set up rules in the rules wizard to send messages with words in the subject to other folders. I have followd all of the directions in Rules Wizard and at the end of the rule setup I get a message saying that this is a "client-only" rule and will only work when Outlook is running. These rules will not run automatically. They will only run when I go into the wizard and click run now. Is this the way it is supposed to work?? How do I get messages from a GM Inbox to other folders???? Help?? Is this the way it is supposed to work?? *** Nope... How do I get messages ...

Cannot open this Item Error message
Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is located I can open it with no problems. Bartlomiej...@gmail.com wrote: > Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my > Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders > because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is > located I can open it with no problems. I have Outlook 2003 What version of Outlook and ...

Public Folder Contacts for addressing email in OWA
OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a shared calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in Public folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for users to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders. Clicking "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the Public folders. Can this be done? I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder visible in OWA. Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an add-on ...

sent items #3
when i click on my sent items all emails appear to be sent to myself instead of the recipent. please help ...

Updating Rank
I have a spreadsheet with column A ranking the info 1-100 for priority. How can I change a row to move to the top and re-rank the rest? The best example I have seen of this is your netflix queue where you ask it to move a selection to the top or re-rank numbers by changing where you want them in the queue. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!! 'Right click on sheet tab, view code, paste this in: '===================================== Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Define Range that will be changed If Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")...

Linking Powerpoint and Publisher publications
Right Im trying to produce a Business plan (sadly im not away to become a rich and successful entrepreneur, this is all coursework for university!) and a presentation to go with it. I would quite like the business plan and the slideshow to have a matching theme, the same background, graphics etc but how do I do that?? Any ideas?? I just want it to look resonably professional >-----Original Message----- >Right Im trying to produce a Business plan (sadly im not away to become a >rich and successful entrepreneur, this is all coursework for university!) and >a presentation to...

Forward mail from certain person from one Public Folder to another.
I'm trying to figure out how to make the exchange server (not outlook) move mail which comes into a public folder (from the internet) from a specific FROM address to a subfolder of our 'abuse' folder. I tried using the folder assistant but i didnt see a way to make it allow me to specify a folder as the destination. thanks, -Drew ...

Viewing Outlook 2007 calendar in a "stacked" view?
I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view, so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath): Monday Thursday Tuesday Friday Wednesday Sat/Sun I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option? Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns? That view is gone in 2007 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au Ou...

Rounding issues after 2010 updates installed
I am having issues with the system rounding for AP invoices in "shipment/invoice" receivings, allocated to WIP accounts. Before, we used to have 4 decimal places to round and if something wouldn't match up, we would enter the extended cost of an item, the unit cost would adjust (even if we didn't see anything) and everything would be fine. Now we only have 2 decimals places (for some crazy reason) and are having issues when a vendor rounds to .0000 and computer only goes 2 decimals. We get an error message that WIP does not equal AP amount and there is no wa...

before update
Hi everyone. I am using the following code: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Combo60 = True And (Nz(Me.Personal_Data_Inaccuracies, 0)) + (Nz(Me.Improper_Combine, 0)) = 0 Then MsgBox "You selected yes to the Maintenance Issue question, therefore please select the number of errors in that section", vbCritical Cancel = False ' Stop the process End If End Sub If you try and save it prompts for the msgbox one time. How can i make it so that the message comes up until they enter the required data or change the field to false? Thanks. Cancel = False...

Transferring mail folders, contacts, & messages
I am relatively new to Windows and Office XP. I have been operating under the "Administrator" user. Now that I have added other users I have discovered I cannot easily access my information under Administrator. Thus I need to create a new username for myself. After I create this, how can I transfer all of my Outlook information to the new username? Thanks. Sherry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am relatively new to Windows and Office XP. I have > been operating under the "Administrator" user. Now that > I have added other users...

print line item quote?
Is it possible to print a quote with the line items on it? Once again, I feel extremely dense, but can't seem to find it. Matt This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_022F_01C61AA2.863A2720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Matt, This can be done through the CRM Outlook Client. Here are the OL client = steps: In the OL Client: * Open a quote * File-->Print Quote for Customer (MS Word opens with a Mail Merge Tab at this point) * Select "Mail Merge" tab * Select "Quote&q...

Outlook 2003 calendar Views strange
Hello, I have an issue with the view that a client gets in his calendar. He gets a sort of Tasks View. Instead of the dates by day/week/month view like normal. I've tried re-installing, giving him a new profile and playing with the settings but nothing. I finally got the view back by adding another shared calendar to his view, clicking on that which brought back the normal view then clicking on his which brought both of them up in the normal view side by side then closeing the shared calendar leaving his as normal. I thought I'd got it but as soon as you click onto mail or a...

Saving Calendar As Web Page
I'm having a problem saving a calendar as a web page to my web server. The first time I do try to save a calendar as HTML into a folder on my web server, it works fine. If I go back and make changes and try to save it again into the same folder, I get an "operation failed". If I delete all of the items in the folder and then try to save as, it works fine. Is there a way around this so that I don't have to erase the files each time? Thanks, Glenn ...

Outbox to Sent Items?
Exactly what happens with Exchange between the user pressing send on a message causing it to appear in the outbox and the message being moved to the Sent Items folder? (Note:Direct connect to Exchange absolutely no offline folders used.) What part of exchange handles this? and what might cause it to fail? What version of Exchange? >-----Original Message----- >Exactly what happens with Exchange between the user pressing send on a >message causing it to appear in the outbox and the message being moved to >the Sent Items folder? (Note:Direct connect to Exchange absolut...