Public Folder Calander Default View

We have a Public Folder calendar that was requested to be set to and left as
'Month View'  it appears to default to day view and needs to be set to month
view by each user, and from what i am told will revert back to day view after
logging out and relogging in to the network/exchange.  Is there a way to set
an attribut on this shared calendar that when it is opened by a client it
will open by default in Month view?
Thanks for any assistance.
0
Civic (14)

In news:2253CCBC-DD0D-4B2D-83AF-4115E4B0FFFD@microsoft.com,
Civic <Civic@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> We have a Public Folder calendar that was requested to be set to and
> left as 'Month View'  it appears to default to day view and needs to
> be set to month view by each user, and from what i am told will
> revert back to day view after logging out and relogging in to the
> network/exchange.  Is there a way to set an attribut on this shared
> calendar that when it is opened by a client it will open by default
> in Month view?
> Thanks for any assistance.

Replied in m.p.exchange.clients. Please don't multipost - if you need to
post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single
message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas)
so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

0
lanwench (7567)

How do I re-send messages out of the badmail folder?
Hi Something went screwy on our system, and the entire day's mail is stuck in the \exchange\badmail folder with .BAD, .BDR, and .BDP extensions I've heard it's possible to re-send these messages but I cannot find *a single piece of documentation* relating to this I want them to be re-processed by our SMTP system and then get delivered to our staff members I'm under the gun on this- it couldn't have happened at a worse time Help Thanks Tom ...

how do i create an association in folders option control panel to.
i am trying to view an email attachment, also print same. each time i click to see the attachment i get a message saying: (file does not have program associated with it to perform this action , create an association in folders option control panel. ) new user. how do i do this please?? Hello alibob15, you wrote on Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:59:03 -0700: > i am trying to view an email attachment, also print same. each time i click > to see the attachment i get a message saying: (file does not have program > associated with it to perform this action , create an association in folders ...

How do I View Mailbox Stats? i.e. inbox, sent totals
Is there a way to view general stats for users. I have been to the system manager and drilled down to mail boxes. That shows mailbox, size, total items. I need to see how those items are categorized. If they are mostly inbox, deleted items, sent items, etc. Thanks in Advance for your help On Feb 7, 10:10 am, cowen <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to view general stats for users. I have been to the system > manager and drilled down to mail boxes. That shows mailbox, size, total > items. I need to see how those items are categorized. If they are mostly ...

Toolbar Items reverting to the Default Settings
I have been unable to find an answer to this problem for more than a year, and thought maybe someone on this newsgroup would be able to tell me what to do about my problem!! I have certain "custom" settings that I like on my Outlook toolbars, and for some unexplained reason, sometimes several times in the same day, the settings I custom designed disappear, and I'm back to the Default settings. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?? EADIE Silverberg eadies@bigfoot.com ...

Mail being sent "on behalf of" the default email address
Hi, I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this but with no result. Can somebody help me? I'm using Outlook 2002 without Exchange Server and have 6 accounts set up on it. All of a sudden, my emails are being sent with the following in the "From" field. "user1@domain.com on behalf of default@email.com". Has anyone any idea why Outlook has started to do this and how I can change it? Thanks very much for any help :-) You can choose which account to send from in the toolbar of you message. It will then use the account you select at that time. It i...

how do I change the default setting of the "TO" on e-mails?
When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? Tools, Address book, Tools, Options. mikie v wrote: > When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. > How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? ...

List box
This is probably very simple. I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to specify that every time the workbook is opened that the first item on the list box is always selected Thanks Brian Activesheet.Listbox1.ListIndex = 0 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32B7340F-05C9-47B5-B275-3FCFEBB2FDE6@microsoft.com... > This is probably very simple. > > I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to > specify ...

ToolTips in a View and TTN_NEEDTEXT
I have been trying to reuse code for ToolTips in a View ("Data Tips") that I found in the April 97 issue of MSJ: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0497/tooltip/tooltip.aspx Most of the required functions and portions of functions -- OnMouseMove(), OnInitialUpdate(), PreTranslateMessage() HitTest() -- are called correctly. But for some reason the TTN_NEEDTEXT message appears never to be sent because OnToolTipNeedText() is never called. Note that the only value of pMsg->message that is relayed to the ToolTip is 512, and I have no idea if that's right. But it does seem to be the ...

Unable to delete or move messages in inmail or deleted folders
Windows LiveMail 2009 build 14, Vista 32: in past few days became unable to delete any email from inbox, deleted folder, junk folder. Haven't tried other folders. Also cannot move them. Tried exorcism and putting needles in a Rubik's Cube, no help. Better solutions? Sorry, should have mentioned only error message is "Unknown error has occurred." "Inkblots" wrote: > Windows LiveMail 2009 build 14, Vista 32: in past few days became unable to > delete any email from inbox, deleted folder, junk folder. Haven't tried > other fo...

What UAC default setting if W2k8 join AD (assuming GPO not yet been configured in AD)
Dear all, Could you please tell me, after Win server 2008 joined AD domain, what is the default setting for UAC ? ( gpedit.msc >> Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >>Security >> Local Policy >> Security Options .. look for UAC setting) My current Windows Server 2008 UAC setting, before join AD domain, http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4971/20091114sfwin2008uacset.png I would like to know if after join domain the default setting for UAC ? assuming the AD environment is has not yet configured the GPO policies. Thank you in advance. Hell...

Default file locations #2
How do you change the default location when you create a new message then insert a file? I am always directed to my documents. thanks John See the following. http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you change the default location when you create a >new message then insert a file? I am always directed to >my documents. > >thanks > >John >. > ...

Outlook default email address
Hi, We have public folders setup. And i will like our exchange users to be able to email under a (default) pop3 email address such as sales@X.co.uk instead of their exchange name (rodolfo, amy, john etc) to look more professional. At the moment, we need to manually select the appropriate POP3 account from the menu to ensure we reply from sales@X.co.uk instead of rodolfo, amy etc user name. Any way to go about setting a department name such as sales@X.co.uk as default without maually changing the account name from for every email. helping help will be deeply appreciated. tks Alan ...

Outlook Unable To Open Default E-mail Folders
Hi, I run Windows XP Home Edition. Today, Outlook 2003 hung up on me. had to manually restart my computer. When it came up, and I starte using Outlook, I noticed that the data from the Sent Folders File wa unviewable. I was instructed to run scanpst to help correct the problem. searched for the path to get to Outlook data... C:\Documents and Settings\bobried\local settings\applicatio data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst I opened scanpst, tried to follow the above path, only to find that hit a dead end at local settings. I tried to reopen Outlook, and now it will not open at all. Th...

This News Group in public folder in exchange
Hi, This group is very helpful and i would like to have it deliver to a public folder for the IT team. What's the procedure for setting up a public folder like this? TIA -Fisheye The procedure is that you would have to ensure that your ISP (or someone else) is on the list to receive this NNTP feed from Microsoft, then you have to make sure that their server accepts the newnews command (the MS servers don't, or only allow a select few servers to poll them) so that it can poll and collect the new newsgroup info. In a nutshell, it is a royal pain to set up. It is much easier ...

OWA Exchange 2003 change default http port
Is it possible to change the default http port on the Exchange 2003 OWA server from 80 to something else? It works fine on 80, but as soon as I change it to another port and reconfigure my firewall it does not work. We only do OWA on this web server. We have SSL installed and using Microsoft's instructions I have redirected http: traffic to https: But, we use the Sprint AirCard and have had to redirect the port 80 traffic to another port. We had this working fine on Exchange 5.5, but are now on 2003 and have issues. Also, please don't suggest we have our firewall handle this. It...

how to sinchronise public task folder with local one
Is there a way to have a public task folder and local one in my outlook 2002 to synchronize. Now I have tasks in both and it is hard for me to track and update them. Also, the one in public folder will not send me reminders. We are running on 5.5 with SP4 but moving to 2000 soon. Thanks, George This type of synchronization is not built into Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm#exssync for possible solutions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode...

tab default for all publications in publisher 2003
How do I reset the tab default to 1 for all publications? ...

Font default
How can we change the default for the font in Publisher 2007? Or can we? I keep getting some weird default font and want to change to Arial 10 and use it throughout my newsletter. A tutorial Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dutch" <Dutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34825D1A-650D-472C-AA62-7F31ED0745F9@microsoft.com... > How can we change the default for the font in ...

Invisible Folders
For some reason, my Comcast POP3 account folder is missing from the "All Mail Folders" list. I added comcast exactly how I should, but it's not showing up. If it matters, I'm using Outlook 2003, and I have "Personal Folders" and "Hotmail" as my current folders in the "All Mail Folders" list. Hi Kevin, The Personal Folders actually correspond to the Comcast account. When you try to send and receive mails,the data should be stored inside the Personal Folders. Once you hitthe Send and receive button, please check if you have the mails ...

Keeping Office 2004 Apps the Default After Installing 2008
After installing 2008 all my documents are opening by default with the 2008 versions. I'd like to switch this so I have time to adjust and because some programs like Endnote aren't yet compatible with 2008. I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall 2008 until I ready to fully commit. thanks On 2/17/08 1:50 PM, in article ee8dcbe.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jcchristopher@officeformac.com" <jcchristopher@officeformac.com> wrote: > After installing 2008 all my documents are opening by default with the 2008 > versions. I'd like to switch this so I have time ...

Return posting accounts are not defaulting in by class id
Our return posting accounts are not defaulting in to distibution entry screen. We have several class id's we are using and the posting accounts are setup by each class id and not by posting account setup. Why are they not defaulting in? ...

Changing the default view of subforms
Hi, rather than going into the >View >SubForm >Datasheet view or >Form view menus everytime the form opens to change the default view of the sub forms (which I'm having to do right now), is there a way to set the default view of the subforms to either datasheet or form view? Thanks, Michael On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:38:40 -0700, mcheng wrote: > Hi, rather than going into the >View >SubForm >Datasheet view or >Form > view menus everytime the form opens to change the default view of the > sub forms (which I'm having to do right now), is there a way to se...

Default page margin measurements in Excel 2000
How do I change the default page margin measurements in Excel 2000 fom cm. to inches? Respond to: jimengel@primus.ca This is set by your Regional Settings. Here's how in Windows XP; should be similar in other versions Start | Control Panel | Regional... open Regional Setting Options tab, click Customize and change Measurement System to US (the only country that uses inches now) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "J. L. Engel" <J. L. Engel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:899CE7F1-8679-45E9-99E8...

How do I set default stationery for when I click 'Reply'?
I'm setting up Outlook 2003, and have worked out how to set default stationery for new messages. However, can't see how to get it to use this for Replies. HarveyL <HarveyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm setting up Outlook 2003, and have worked out how to set default > stationery for new messages. However, can't see how to get it to use > this for Replies. Replies always use the format of the original message, including the stationery it used. If it ddn't include any, then the reply won't either. -- Brian Tillman ...

Viewing two folders on one screen
I know this is easy but cannot for the life of me remember how to get this. I want to be able to be able to see my tasks when I'm in my email. I want to do this without having to open two windows, I want the view to be similar to how the calendar looks, the split view....please tell me how this can be done. ...