Public folder automatic reply

I am trying to add a auto reply rule to a public folder in 2003. I receive "
changes to the rule could not be saved". I have given myself "send as"
permissions", I am the owner of the folder, auto replies is activated in ESM.
 Any help I am greatful for.

-Rp-
0
RP1 (46)

Rp:

I had the same problem a while back, and I believe I had to go into the
Security tab and give my account send as and receive as permissions.

ScottM

"Rp" wrote:

> I am trying to add a auto reply rule to a public folder in 2003. I receive "
> changes to the rule could not be saved". I have given myself "send as"
> permissions", I am the owner of the folder, auto replies is activated in ESM.
>  Any help I am greatful for.
>
> -Rp-
0
ScottM1326 (17)

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Moving Large emails to Public folders
One of our clients has a Mac which is synchronized to his exchange account, they are running exchange 2003 sp2. When he attempts to move emails with slightly bigger attachments (e.g. 1.6mb) then it throws up this error: "The action cannot be completed due to an error on the exchange server". Entourage is fully up to date. Anything I can do? Cheers ...

Outlook says: unable to expand the folder
Hi all I have a user that logs on her domain pc as Membership. She do a mailbox for this username named "Membership". She also has her own mailbox opened in outlook named "Illse" which is her name. This one i did add throught Tools > Accounts > Change > Advanced Tab, etc, etc. Now she needs to ba able to see a third mailbox called "Trudy" > If i add this mailbox on exactly the same way and want to open the mailbox in outlook outlook says " unable to expand the folder". Why is it doing this while it opens the second mailbox successful...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

Moving Folders?
How do I move folders from one account to another? I want to move all my folders from my hotmail account to my Comcast account. How do I move folders from one account to another? Please disregard this post. Posted twice mistakenly... Please respond to the person that replied to your original post about this issue. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Artreid" <artreid44@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKkBQpxFLHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I move folders from one account to another? I want t...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Adding additional Public Contact & Calendar Features
Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? 2003 Mike Is there a better Exchange group to ask this? Mike "Michael Gregg" <mike@nospam.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:%23N1DuxJNEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to > the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? > > 2003 > > Mike > > ...

save files in FTP folder
Can I save the Outlook files on a FTP folder and have outlook 2003 access those files as defoult? Close Outlook - then cut and paste the outlook.pst file to the location of your choice. Reopen Outlook and when it whines, point it to the location of the saved .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Wilson <wdgouveia@hotmail.com> asked: | Can I save the Outlook files on a ...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

Keeping Custom Properties When Forwarding or Replying to a Message #2
We have emails saved on the file system, that is kept track of by another program. These emails have custom properties attached to them. There is no custom form, just custom properties. These fields were originally added using objPost.UserProperties.Add. We need it so that when someone opens up one of these emails through the file system, and then replies or fowards the message, these custom properties are kept in the reply. This is so the external program can track these emails. Is there a way this can be done? We could have these emails opened up using an Outlook command line that i...

Automatic Find and Populate
Ok, I have several spreadsheets that represent bills and have tabs that represent the months. So, when I recieve a new bill for the month, I copy last month's bill onto a new tab, and rename it using the billing cycle. Each year, for each account number is contained in its own workbook- ie: account 245-9999 has a workbook for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005; within that workbook are tabs for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. Ok, on a single month's tab, there are anywhere from 10 to 900 individual line items representing circuits. What I want to do is create a separate spreadsheet that lists unique c...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

On opening outlook
Hi When i open outlook it always goes to a particular folder in my inbox (its a sub folder, about 5 levels down). How do i set it to 1. just open and go to the inbox 2. or open to the last folder i had open. thanks in advance Andy C Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options... Here you can specify your default startup folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AC&q...

Obtain Sub-Folder Names with VBA?
Is it possible to obtain the names of all Sub-Folders for a specific parent Folder? Just 2 levels (1 Parent Folder) and several children folders. We need the names of the sub-folders, not the names of the files in the sub-folders. Thanks for your help. Brad Lookup the Dir Function in the help file, specifically at the example it illustrates exactly how to get a directory listing. You'll see it isn't hard! -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the...

Automatic calculation
Hi I have a workbook that takes an eternity to calculate and therefore, have the calculation mode set to manual. I would like the calculation mode set to Automatic when the workbook is deactivated or closed, but do not want the workbook to be calculated when this happens. Is that at all possible? Thanks in advance Ben You could use workbook events that fire when the workbook is activated/deactivated. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of File|Edit|...) on the menubar. Select view code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Applica...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

backing up personal folders (.pst) files for MS outlook
I am trying to back up personal folders on a cd. I burned the files to a CD. When I try to open them in Outlook it tells me the following: "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" and then "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file..." I have checked the permissions and I have full control. Any suggestions? Copy the PST files to your hard drive, right-click on them, go to properties, and remove the read-only attribute. William Wheeler wrote: > I am trying to back up personal folders on ...

Lost Outlook Express Folders
I transitioned from Pacbell DSL to SBC DSL about a year ago. I just recently tried to reset up an existing email address (not my primary address) with an SBC support rep. During the process I lost all folders for my primary email account. The support rep said all we did was remove and add back the primary account, and delete temp files to speed things up. According to her this should not cause folders to be lost. I don't find any of the folders when I search. How do I do all to recover these folders before I just move on? ...

Protecting Folder
Hello, I'd like to create a folder on a Windows 2003 Business Server which is not accessible unless permission is explicitly granted to a user. It will be to hold an MS Access database backend. I have a folder now in which this is accomplished, but to do it, I created a Security Group, unchecked all of the permissions and denied List Folder Contents permission. This doesn't seem rational to me to have to specifically deny access. I asked a network guy if there was another way, and he said what I did was exactly right. I find it difficult to believe. Thanks for ...

Modifying Reply-to and From email address
I am trying to send from one pop email account but have messages show a different "From" and "reply-to" pop address. I have tried changing the email address in the user information field of the account pop3 settings, along with setting the reply address in the general tab. If I look at my sent items the address I want to appear is there, but the recipeint still sees the address of the actual account used to sent he mail, rather than the address I want to appear. Is there a way to do this? Are you using different accounts or just another alias? Your approach is ...

Excel: Allow to turn on / off automatic header selection in sorts
Is there a way to turn off automatic selection of header rows in Excel when sorting data? I routinely sort a section of data by the first three columns, and a majority of times Excel wants to make the first row selected a header row. Extremely annoying. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Reply/forward in HTML #2
Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually change replies/ forward to html but is there a way to set O2003 to do so automatically? Steve Ignots signots@aol.com <signots@aol.com> wrote: > Using Office 2003 is there a way to automatically forward or reply in > HTML? I have an autosignature with links to our company website, etc > and unless it's in html it's just so much text. I know I can manually ...