Public Folder access

 How can i change it so an account i'm using for exchsync has owner privelages on the All Public Folders root on Exchange 5.5?

 Many thanks,

Phill H.
0
anonymous (74722)

A problem with PF permissions here is the lack of
granularity and the ability to append rather than
overwrite. You would need to use some 3rd party tools to
add the permission with granlarity. Aelita and I think
NetIQ have such tools.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Limit logon access to the XP pro workstation on domain
We have couple desktops (XP pro with SP3) on a domain that we like to restrict the user’s logon access, we like to give only couple users right to login to these workstations. Is there any way beside group policy? Thanks Suhail <Suhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have couple desktops (XP pro with SP3) on a domain that we like to > restrict the user's logon access, we like to give only couple users > right to login to these workstations. Is there any way beside group > policy? > > Thanks Yes - you could remove Domain Users from the l...

Microsoft access reports.
Please help. I have a report that pulls information from various tables. I have a 6 text boxes on the the report because the table has data that is repetative in the field. Ex. in a table called Offsetjoblist, I have the field [Job Number]. in this field, in multiple rows the job number is repeated. In that same table I also have a field called [PN]. This field is the part number. The situation is that for each entry of the Job Number there is a different part number associated with the record. on the report I pull the job number from another table and then use the dlookup t...

I do not have access to a folder and I am the administrator how d.
Attempting to save a Word or Excell file onto a CD in my CD drive I get the message: 1st "incorrect Function"; 2nd "You do not have access to the folder 'D:\", see your administrator for access to this file". I am the only one on this computer and I am the administrator. A solotion? Don't try to save to the CD from within Excel. Save to your hard drive, then copy to the CD. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:57:03 -0800, "bocathunder" <bocathunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Attempting to save a Word or Excell file onto a CD in my CD dr...

Outlook Web Access
We have exchange 2003 sp1 server 2003 sp1and just started setting up a password policy. The problem we are having is that when a user has an expired password and they try to access exchange via the web, they get redirected to a http 403 access denied page instead of the aexp2b page to change their password. They can go to the aexp2b page directly and change the password, they can use the button inside of outlook on the options page to change their password, just doesn't work when redirected at the login. I have verified all the settings, I have ssl installed and configured properly as all ...

Personal Folders: "Top of Personal Folders" as recepticle?
Had a client lose some e-mails the other day. Finally figured out that he moved the e-mails to "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". It took the Advanced Find to find them. So, is this by design? Allowing e-mails to be moved to the "Top of Personal Folders" but not in a legitimate personal folder? And if it is by design, how does one display them as a list (like the Inbox displays e-mails)? -- Remove INVALID from e-mail address. it's a legitimate folder. you can also disable the folder home page (right click, properties) to see if anything is there Brian Smi...

Two Personal Folders showing in left panel
For some unknown reason I have the default Personal Folder as well as a second copy of the Personal Folder showing in my folders list panel. I can not close the duplicate because that option is unavailable (presumably since Outlook 2003 thinks this is the default) I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I have tried the repair inbox tool as well as the detect and repair outlook options. Help anyone? Create a new profile. Yours is corrupt. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff" <jarneberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23jzedAl9DHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Open Access database through excel
Hey, How can I arrange that when I want to open my access database from another computer, excel opens the correct database that is for example on D:\ or on E:\, so that I don't need to give in the correct address. So for example when I have a map called Thesis that contains my excel file thesis and my access file thesis. This is my code, but I want it to be relative or whatever it's called. thx s_Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Eigenaar\Mijn documenten\Thesis\thesis" Set DB = OpenDatabase(s_Path) ...

Creating a report with dates using month not year in access
I am trying to create a report or something similar that will pull up our clients birthdays, but only by month. Right now they are listing them by Year then by month. I don't want the Year to play a factor in the report. I am fairly new to access, so I would need a little help explaining how to do this. Thank you! WHERE Month([DOB]) = [Enter Birthday Month] -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Cristina" wrote: > I am trying to create a report or something similar that will pull up our > clients birthdays, but only by month. Right now they are listing them by Year...

Folder Limitations
Hi, Scenario is Exchange 5.5 w/ SP4 on NT 4 w/ SP6. Using Outlook 2000 on all desktops. CEO decided to create subfolders under his inbox for many of the employees in the address book ( about 200 )...then attempted to create, using the Rules Wizard, a rule moving email from each specific user into related folder. At about rule # 75...Outlook issues an error message indicating that he does not have rights to the specific folder... So, question is...are there limits on rules and/or sub-folders within Outlook 2000 -> Exchange 5.5? Thanks. -- C.Egge There are limits. I would have exp...

How to get cell input to access list?
Very new to excel. Here's scenario. On worksheet 1, cell A1 enter 1. Would like this to cross reference this number within a range of number on worksheet 2 and report back the data immediately to right back to cell A2. This down below is how I've entered my data down below on worksheet 2. Thanks. 1 A 5 E 2 B 6 F 3 C 7 G 4 D 8 H Have a look in the help index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <hacdunqh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:050be880-16c8-433e-9f8e-f619bc7969ad@71g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Ve...

Emailing reports from Access 09-07-07
Hi, I have a scheduling database for audits and auditors. I need to be able to email auditors their schedule each week, based on a query on the audit table. How do I automate sending auditors their individual reports by using one report? I can run the report which shows the auditors with their respective audits on each page (1 page per auditor), but to email it, I have to convert it to pdf (so they can't change it) and insert each page of the report manually. Thanks rmorrison@davislangdon.com.au wrote: >Hi, I have a scheduling database for audits and auditors. I need to be >able ...

How to get data out of Access MDE files?
Dear Experts, I have an application that I've used for years that runs on Access under the covers. Help shows a reference to: Access 2002 Desktop Developer's Handbook It was a self contained application. All I have are the two MDE files. And they are full of data now. The app requires a login. I want to export this data into another database. How can I get the table structures and the data out of the MDE files? A new version of Access? Sql Server? ..NET? A data conversion tool? Oracle says that if they have the XML file with the table structures, ...

Folder Status Does Not Update When New Mail Arrives
Some of the outlooks 2000, xp and 2003 we have in our network do not have their folders` number of unread items updated when a new mail arrives in that folder. If I click another folder, all the folders have their stauts up to date. This only happens when the Outlook is open, when it is minimized, it works properly. Has anyone go under this before ? Thanks a lot, Rafael. ...

Using functions after importing data from Access
I was successful in importing data from a table in Access. However when I try to use a function such as "Count" it will not work. It just displays a zero even though the formula looks correct. Another question I had was when I import data from Access to Excel is there a way if I add a record in Access it would make the same change in Excel? What happens if you use COUNTA instead of COUNT? If that will give you a result that is correct then the numbers are text, try this Format the import number column as general or numbers etc (NOT text) select the column, do data>text to ...

Access Violation (MFC42D.DLL)
Hi. I got some working source from another computer, but when i run it on mine, i get this runtime error: Unhandled exception in xxx.exe (MFC42D.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Could anyone tell me what that means? thanks a lot Oliver ...

rss feeds directly into public folders
Does anyone know of any sort of tool or add-on that I could use to pull RSS feeds directly into e2k3 public folders for all to see? TIA, Jeremy Jeremy, While I have used neither of the following, I found them promising. Please check them out: http://www.ingorammer.com/Software/OutBlog/ http://www.hanselman.com/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=212 Regards -- Nagendra Sitharamaiah MCSE, CCNA, MCT, CISSP Microsoft Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and co...

Setting a default open folder
Hi- I'm using Outlook 2002 using Imap. The folder list always starts at Outlook Today, I want to have my imap inbox be the default open folder when I start Outlook. At the very least have the imap account expanded. I'm transferring a bunch of people from Netscaoe mail to Outlook and want to make the transition an easy one. Thank you ...

Analyze Access data
I have a query in an Access database. I want to use the Tools>Analyze With Excel option to create a spreadsheet using the data in the query. One of the fields in the Access query is Order Number. I would like to create a "header" in the spreadsheet which will contain the value in the Order Number field. I only want this information to appear once on the spreadsheet. How can I do this? Ivor I am from the MS Excel\Access support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue Thank you Enterprise Project Cons...

Access to Outlook
I have been dealing with a poltergeist on my desktop that has left me without access to my Contacts in Outlook. My primary hard drive stopped recognizing my mouse and keyboard. I ended up installing a second hard drive and a new operating system (Windows 2000 Pro), and made it the primary. I am looking for a means of getting my contacts out of Office 2003 on the original drive (now the slave drive). How do I go about transferring the data? Bill Mullins <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been dealing with a poltergeist on my desktop that > has left me wi...

Access Database for MAC
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When will Access be added to the Microsoft Office Package? I would like to be able to not only bring home my MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint but the Access Databases so I can work at home when trying to catch up on things. Would love, want and NEED Access too Thank you Access has never been available for Mac. Microsoft has not announced any plans to add Access to the Office suite, so there is no new information to report. If you need to work with Access databases at home, you can run Windows on your Mac through the ...

Microsoft Access database
Hi, I'm very new to database management and have only taken a few courses on it. I am designing a database for my employers to use, and it's almost complete. I need to know how to make one certain form automatically pop up when the database is opened though. help! thanks tracy Hi Tracy, FYI, this is the Excel group, not Access. In Access go to Tools>Startup... and select your form from the Disply Form/Page drop down box. HTH -- Ken Hudson "Tracy" wrote: > Hi, I'm very new to database management and have only taken a few > courses on it. I am designing a...

Accessing Outlook from Excel
Excel 2002. How would I programmatically access a distribution list in Outlook from Excel. I need to run through the distribution list (called "Chaplains"), examining their "company" and "email" fields, and send an email message to selected folks in the distribution list. Another question. When I programmatically send mutiple Outlook emails from Excel (which I already know how to do), how do I keep Outlook from prompting me every time an email is sent? It prompts me that someone outside of Outlook is trying to send a email. I already know this! How ca...

E2K3 SP2 : How to move public bank to another server ?
Hi everyone, I post this message because i've a problem without solution now with my exchange 2003 std sp2 server. I've actually on this server a public bank, with public folder hierarchy and publics folder. This server start to be old and i would like to transfer everything to another server, but i didn't found how to do it. I just founded informations on how make a replication of a public folder and a way to transfert public bank to another by doing a sort of emergency restore. But is it any clean way to do it (transfert hierarchy and publics folders with conte...

OLK5 Folder
I have a client who if he opens an attachment in Outlook 2003 and then while open he attempts to save it sets the default as the hidden folder OLK5. This folder appears to be in \documents and settings\owner\local settings\temporary internet files\olk5. I cannot find this during a search, etc even when showing hidden system and protected system files. The client is concerned as how can he clean out this folder. Any previously opened attachment is listed and can be accessed there. If he saves the attachment in Outlook 1st and then opens it from the My Documents folder, etc. it ...

access 2007 how to fill a field in every record with a certain val
It was easy in access 2003 Much obliged dennist On Wed, 9 May 2007 03:54:04 -0700, dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: >It was easy in access 2003 Should be easy in 2007, though the user interface is certainly different. I'd use an Update Query. What have you tried? John W. Vinson [MVP] How do I do an update query! I found queries, but no update query. thanks, dennis "John W. Vinson" wrote: > On Wed, 9 May 2007 03:54:04 -0700, dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> > wrote: > > >It was easy in access 2003 > ...