Public Folder access after migration NEED HELP!

I have a user who's mailbox was recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to
Exchange 2003.  After the migration she no longer has access to 2
public folders that she previously had access to.  Permissions have her
as Custom on the folder being able to Read, Create and edit all items
in this calendar.  I have set and reset these permissions to no avail.
Any reason why she cannot gain access even though permissions for her
to have access are specified???

0
jibb28 (17)

Copy Public Folders
Hello All: Is there a way to copy/export the public folder(s) to local drive? you can drag the items in the folder to a folder in a pst file or a folder on the hard drive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "Eldingo" <eldingo@dingo.net> wrote in message news:ezZrOlF9JH...

Determine Folders Size from Server
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to find out the individual folder size in users' mailboxes? ...

Help on subscript out of range error (VB6/VBA)
Hi, I want to work with multiple excel workbooks en worksheets using a stand alone VB6 application. 1. First I open and close the workbooks and populate a listbox with sheetnames. 2. Then I select some sheets and fill an Array. (This array contains sheetnames from different workbooks) 3. The last step is to open and close the workbooks again and loop (For Each) through the sheets to get the information I need using the above mentioned array. The only problem is that I receive an "Subscript out of Range" error. This error occurs because I'm attempting tot access a workshee...

Public Folder Calendar printing
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment. One of my users posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public Folder calendar. The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the following error message: "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance." I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick. Anyone have any clue...

Combine Duplicate Folders in Outlook 2002
I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, Inbox, etc. How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't need? Erik S. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another > computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, > Inbox, etc. > How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't > need? Drag the items in the ones you don't want into the ones you do. Once done, close the PST you just emptied. Now you have one set....

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

HELP! **Transfer orders to invoices error
I need some serious help. We just upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 8.0 and now I am unable to transfer orders to invoices. I keep getting an error that says "Order ORD1555 has no line items to transfer to Invoice INV144408." Order# 1555 does have about 10 line items, which I can view on the screen. I did go in and run the "Check Links" function, but it hasn't done anything. This is our busiest time of year and a really bad time for something like this to happen. Can someone please give me some advice on how to fix this? if this is just one order, why not cancel...

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

After an email is sent, the sent items folder is displayed. why?
After an email is sent, sometimes the sent folder pops up and displays all the items in the folder. Like you clicked on the folder to view it. I can not find an option to stop this. Any ideas? ...

Pls, help a beginner(MFC)
Could anybody tell me what is the future of MFC? I never used that library. I just got some skills in pure C++. But some knowledgeable people are saying it's not a good idea to study MFC, because "it's going to be obsolete" and replaced by .Net. They advise me to study C# because as they say "studying MFC will take you quite a lot of time by which Longhorn will be released and all coding will be done in managed way"... Well, I really don't know which direction to elect According to me :) MFC never be obsolete and it would be safe...

Group Permission on Public Folders
Hello I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and two'sies of user rights to folders. thanks e- "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a >public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and >two'sies of user rights to folders. Exchange 5.5? Sure. Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a distribution g...

Help
My Regional Manager insists on things being perfect - need assistance with this problem. Working in Governemtn department - we have many users with unusal names and surnames - not common to standard dictionaries. My Rm wants to forward emails received with these peoples names in the original message - without outlook spell checking each of these names before sending. I have set up the email options under spelling - to ignore original message when forwarding - which it does but still spell checks the original message's recipients before sending. How do I set this up to exclude the n...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

Distribution list help needed
We created a distribution list. Internal active directory users are able to send to the list. Internet e-mail senders are not able to send to the list. The mail is not bouncing back to the Internet e-mail users. The messages are just not getting to the inbox of the members of the distribution list. For example our domain is abc.net. The list we created is questions@abc.net. We have four users in the list. When a user logged into our Active Directory sends a mail to questions@abc.net the mail is successfully sent to the inboxes of all of the users in the list. When the e-mail ...

Formula Help #23
If I have a number in cell A1 like 5 and another number in cell A3 like 6 I want the number in A7 to show -1 and if cell A3 was 4 to read +1 and if the numbers are 2 away from A1 then the numbers in cell A7 would be -2 or +2 depending on the number in cell A3. All help is appreciated. Thanks Karl You must be kidding! =A1-A3 -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21FB7D9E-DC79-42...

Uploading Back to the Yahoo server...Please Help
Dear Member of this Help Forum; please help..please help me because i have lost all my important emails and i am so depressed...so sad....please Help....i HAVE SEARCHED THIS FROUM BUT NO ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.... My story and what i have done : I have a "Yahoo Small Business Account" with domain name and hosting, and 3 email address from that account. i used to use NO EMAIL CLIENT LIKE OUTLOOK at all and i used to save all my emails on yahoo servers and using yahoo normal email website to read, send and save all my emails...untill tonight! tonight i set up outlook 200...

User Access Reporting
Hello Everybody, Does anyone know of a better way to audit security for individual users that the User Security report? Even with the options set to include Accessible Items only, we're finding the report for a single user runs well over 100 pages. With that kind of bulk, both the generation and review of the reports becomes a major endeavor. We're currently using GP9, with plans to go to 10 this year. Thanks, Jeremy Hi Jeremy Have you looked at the Rockton Software add-on called Security Auditor? I think it will do everything you are looking for and more. -- Fliehigh &q...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

Help
Hi, i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from received mails locally on PC/server. Any idea, scripts, anything? Tnx! Seems like ftp would be more appropriate than e-mail. But if you insist http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=1773&query=event+sink+attachments&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=18&y=11 HrVOjE wrote: > Hi, > > i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from > received mails locally on PC/ser...

Re: Can anyone help me with the IF function
Hello I'm trying to help my wife with simplifying her scheduling o employees. She uses 11 different time periods (1-11) some are worth the same amount of hours others are more or less. I can us seven functions to describe the period and the value of hours it is worth, but when I consolidate the functions i says the formula is invalid. I'm sure it can be fixed by one of you excel gurus! Here are the functions IF(B13<4,"7.75") IF(B13=4,"7.25") IF(B13=5,"6.25") IF(B13=6,"7.75") IF(B13=7,"6.75") IF(B13=8,"6.25") IF(B...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

Moving Inbox items to folders
I was wondering if there was a way to move inbox items to certain folder. Example. I have a folder call "Validation" I have e-mails that come in that I would like to move to that folder. Instead of click and drag can a macro be developed to move the selected e-mail to a certain folder by programming a Button or quick key? Thanks That is what Rules Wizard was created to do. What version of Outlook do you have? Different versions have different options, the latest (2003) having the most. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

Need to Load Publisher
I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had the CD Key Value. I have anew computer and just needs the functionality of Publisher 98. How can I get the 11-disgit key value? I have a valid product ID when I loded the software on the old computer Help?? MIke http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:027d01c3c...

Need advice on Single Doc, Multi View framework
Hi guys, I'm about to start on a quoting application. What I want is for only one quote (document) to be open at a time. However a quote can have one or more items belonging to it. So what I'd like to do is have a CDialogBar docked at the side of my app's main window which contains the details about the quote (date, client, etc) and for each quote item I'd have a CFormView (a must as I require scrolling support). The application must also have print/print preview support (Not of what is in the CFormViews but of the document as a whole which doesn't have a view). So basical...

MSExchangeIS Public Store Errors 1110
We are running Exchange Verson 6.0 (Build 6249.4; Service Pack 3 We are getting the following error 39 times every hour Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Stor Event Category: General Event ID: 111 Date: 2/20/200 Time: 6:21:36 P User: N/ Computer: MAI Description Error 0x0 occurred while writing per-user information for <user@outdomain.com> on database "Staff\Public Folder Store (MAIL)". For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. This error is supposed to be solved by the service pack (Q312966). We applied...