public folder #16

Hello,

I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server.
I create a new public folder and have to give this new
folder the emailaddress from the old one (the one that is deleted).
When i do that ,i get the message that the email address already exist at 
the organization.
Can i somewhere delete this address before i give it to my new public 
folder? 


0
wavdp (33)
6/17/2005 1:45:42 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

16 Replies
828 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13

Hi Walter,

"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:OXLULL0cFHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server.
> I create a new public folder and have to give this new
> folder the emailaddress from the old one (the one that is deleted).
> When i do that ,i get the message that the email address already exist at 
> the organization.
> Can i somewhere delete this address before i give it to my new public 
> folder?

in the old public folder? (also with the Systemmanager)
you may wait some minutes (AD Replication). But if the address is held by a 
diffrent object, you have to delete it there.

Andy 


0
andy.rath (135)
6/17/2005 2:49:46 PM
"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote:

>in the old public folder? (also with the Systemmanager)
>you may wait some minutes (AD Replication). But if the address is held by a 
>diffrent object, you have to delete it there.

I've seen this happen when the PF object in the Micorosoft Exchange
System Objects container isn't removed when a PF is deleted. If you
know for sure that there are no longer any replicas of that folder
then you can find the orphaned object in that container and delete it.

-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
0
richnews (7316)
6/18/2005 6:04:26 PM
The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
news:ubo8b118unpmh15cqgle77rbdqh1ffr9d4@4ax.com...
> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote:
>
>>in the old public folder? (also with the Systemmanager)
>>you may wait some minutes (AD Replication). But if the address is held by 
>>a
>>diffrent object, you have to delete it there.
>
> I've seen this happen when the PF object in the Micorosoft Exchange
> System Objects container isn't removed when a PF is deleted. If you
> know for sure that there are no longer any replicas of that folder
> then you can find the orphaned object in that container and delete it.
>
> -- 
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm 


0
wavdp (33)
6/19/2005 5:36:31 PM
"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:

>The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
>I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.

Maybe it's not another PF that has the address?

Send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery receipt.
That'll tell you who the message was sent to.

-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
0
richnews (7316)
6/19/2005 9:04:52 PM
ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send the 
message.
When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i receive an 
delivery status notifacation.

I am very shore that no PF or User or other object has this email address
"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
news:4dnbb157god1gampil347mg1a2eeo2of8s@4ax.com...
> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:
>
>>The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
>>I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.
>
> Maybe it's not another PF that has the address?
>
> Send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery receipt.
> That'll tell you who the message was sent to.
>
> -- 
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm 


0
wavdp (33)
6/20/2005 6:41:44 AM
Hi Walter,
whar is the name of the emailadress? Some Adresses like internal are taken 
by the system.

Andy

"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:ucWrNMWdFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send the 
> message.
> When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i receive 
> an delivery status notifacation.
>
> I am very shore that no PF or User or other object has this email address
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
> news:4dnbb157god1gampil347mg1a2eeo2of8s@4ax.com...
>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:
>>
>>>The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
>>>I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.
>>
>> Maybe it's not another PF that has the address?
>>
>> Send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery receipt.
>> That'll tell you who the message was sent to.
>>
>> -- 
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>
> 


0
andy.rath (135)
6/20/2005 10:34:56 AM
Hello,

Its not an internal emailaddress, its jobs@ourcompanyname.com
"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote in message 
news:uA4U6OYdFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi Walter,
> whar is the name of the emailadress? Some Adresses like internal are taken 
> by the system.
>
> Andy
>
> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:ucWrNMWdFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send 
>> the message.
>> When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i receive 
>> an delivery status notifacation.
>>
>> I am very shore that no PF or User or other object has this email address
>> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
>> news:4dnbb157god1gampil347mg1a2eeo2of8s@4ax.com...
>>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>>The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
>>>>I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.
>>>
>>> Maybe it's not another PF that has the address?
>>>
>>> Send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery receipt.
>>> That'll tell you who the message was sent to.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Rich Matheisen
>>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>>
>>
>
> 


0
wavdp (33)
6/20/2005 11:42:28 AM
Hi Walter,
try to find the adress searching AD for User with Mailbox, Groups an 
Contacts. Add column Email Adress if nessesary.
Go to Microsoft Exchange System Objects (also AD), add Column Email Adress. 
Sort by Emailadress.

cheers,
Andy

"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:uxxdQ0YdFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> Its not an internal emailaddress, its jobs@ourcompanyname.com
> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote in message 
> news:uA4U6OYdFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Walter,
>> whar is the name of the emailadress? Some Adresses like internal are 
>> taken by the system.
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
>> news:ucWrNMWdFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send 
>>> the message.
>>> When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i receive 
>>> an delivery status notifacation.
>>>
>>> I am very shore that no PF or User or other object has this email 
>>> address
>>> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
>>> news:4dnbb157god1gampil347mg1a2eeo2of8s@4ax.com...
>>>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
>>>>>I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.
>>>>
>>>> Maybe it's not another PF that has the address?
>>>>
>>>> Send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery receipt.
>>>> That'll tell you who the message was sent to.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Rich Matheisen
>>>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>>>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
andy.rath (135)
6/20/2005 12:14:28 PM
Have done this , no result


"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote in message 
news:uWnyrGZdFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Walter,
> try to find the adress searching AD for User with Mailbox, Groups an 
> Contacts. Add column Email Adress if nessesary.
> Go to Microsoft Exchange System Objects (also AD), add Column Email 
> Adress. Sort by Emailadress.
>
> cheers,
> Andy
>
> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:uxxdQ0YdFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Its not an internal emailaddress, its jobs@ourcompanyname.com
>> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote in 
>> message news:uA4U6OYdFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi Walter,
>>> whar is the name of the emailadress? Some Adresses like internal are 
>>> taken by the system.
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>
>>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
>>> news:ucWrNMWdFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>> ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send 
>>>> the message.
>>>> When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i 
>>>> receive an delivery status notifacation.
>>>>
>>>> I am very shore that no PF or User or other object has this email 
>>>> address
>>>> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in 
>>>> message news:4dnbb157god1gampil347mg1a2eeo2of8s@4ax.com...
>>>>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
>>>>>>I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.
>>>>>
>>>>> Maybe it's not another PF that has the address?
>>>>>
>>>>> Send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery receipt.
>>>>> That'll tell you who the message was sent to.
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Rich Matheisen
>>>>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>>>>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
wavdp (33)
6/20/2005 1:00:11 PM
puh.... no more idea...

"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:uFZcrfZdFHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Have done this , no result
>
>
> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote in message 
> news:uWnyrGZdFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Walter,
>> try to find the adress searching AD for User with Mailbox, Groups an 
>> Contacts. Add column Email Adress if nessesary.
>> Go to Microsoft Exchange System Objects (also AD), add Column Email 
>> Adress. Sort by Emailadress.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Andy
>>
>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
>> news:uxxdQ0YdFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Its not an internal emailaddress, its jobs@ourcompanyname.com
>>> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote in 
>>> message news:uA4U6OYdFHA.1684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi Walter,
>>>> whar is the name of the emailadress? Some Adresses like internal are 
>>>> taken by the system.
>>>>
>>>> Andy
>>>>
>>>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
>>>> news:ucWrNMWdFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>>> ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send 
>>>>> the message.
>>>>> When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i 
>>>>> receive an delivery status notifacation.
>>>>>
>>>>> I am very shore that no PF or User or other object has this email 
>>>>> address
>>>>> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in 
>>>>> message news:4dnbb157god1gampil347mg1a2eeo2of8s@4ax.com...
>>>>>> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>The object is removed there, other suggestions ?
>>>>>>>I am very shore thet no other PF has this email-adres.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Maybe it's not another PF that has the address?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Send a message to the SMTP address and ask for a delivery receipt.
>>>>>> That'll tell you who the message was sent to.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> Rich Matheisen
>>>>>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>>>>>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
andy.rath (135)
6/20/2005 2:29:51 PM
"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote:

>puh.... no more idea...

Try using LDP to look for the address. Start at the root of the forest
and use "proxyaddresses=smtp:jobs@ourcompanyname.com" as the filter
value. Set the scope to "subtree".


-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
0
richnews (7316)
6/21/2005 1:32:33 AM
"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:

>ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send the 
>message.
>When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i receive an 
>delivery status notifacation.

Well, since you sent the message you can use the Message Tracking
Center in the Exchange System Manager to see where it went. The
message is in your "sent Items" folder. Open the message and look at
it's properties. Click the "Message-ID" tab and copy the message-id.
paste that into the "Message ID" edit box in the Message Tracking
center, plug in the server name and date range and let 'er rip.

The fact that you didn't get a DSN from your own system is disturbing.
Are you sure you asked for a "delivery" receipt and not a "read"
receipt?

-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
0
richnews (7316)
6/21/2005 1:38:21 AM
I am very sure a asked a delivery receipt,
When i track the message , the last rule in the logging is :
SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer

If i check other mail, then this rule is followed by
smtp: message categorized and qeueud ..........

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
news:ajreb1p4bsfe8c9f649di540kpqno7eigl@4ax.com...
> "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:
>
>>ok, i did that, but i get no delivery status notification after i send the
>>message.
>>When i do that to another known mailadres in the organization, i receive 
>>an
>>delivery status notifacation.
>
> Well, since you sent the message you can use the Message Tracking
> Center in the Exchange System Manager to see where it went. The
> message is in your "sent Items" folder. Open the message and look at
> it's properties. Click the "Message-ID" tab and copy the message-id.
> paste that into the "Message ID" edit box in the Message Tracking
> center, plug in the server name and date range and let 'er rip.
>
> The fact that you didn't get a DSN from your own system is disturbing.
> Are you sure you asked for a "delivery" receipt and not a "read"
> receipt?
>
> -- 
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm 


0
wavdp (33)
6/21/2005 6:58:33 AM
Hello Andy,,
Find nothing with ldp,


"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
news:k9reb1d5mp89efmfmaplpf8c5vr11knud3@4ax.com...
> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote:
>
>>puh.... no more idea...
>
> Try using LDP to look for the address. Start at the root of the forest
> and use "proxyaddresses=smtp:jobs@ourcompanyname.com" as the filter
> value. Set the scope to "subtree".
>
>
> -- 
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm 


0
wavdp (33)
6/21/2005 11:32:39 AM
Hi Walter,
it was Rich ;-)

strange so far. You may now start to reboot some machines.... ?

cheers,
Andy

"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:%23EFMaTldFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hello Andy,,
> Find nothing with ldp,
>
>
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
> news:k9reb1d5mp89efmfmaplpf8c5vr11knud3@4ax.com...
>> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" <andy.rath@promptsolutions.de> wrote:
>>
>>>puh.... no more idea...
>>
>> Try using LDP to look for the address. Start at the root of the forest
>> and use "proxyaddresses=smtp:jobs@ourcompanyname.com" as the filter
>> value. Set the scope to "subtree".
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>
> 


0
andy.rath (135)
6/21/2005 12:49:19 PM
"Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote:

>I am very sure a asked a delivery receipt,
>When i track the message , the last rule in the logging is :
>SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer

Is it possible that the address is assigned to a distribution group
that has no members?

What about anti-virus software? Usually that will cause problem in the
pre-cat queue, but it's worth having a look.

You can also turn up the diagnostics logging on the Transport and see
it it turns up anything.


-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
0
richnews (7316)
6/22/2005 1:58:36 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

I can not delete a duplicate personal folders list
Vall... amazing that there isn't an easy fix for this. The instructions provided simply don't work ( tools-email accounts-view change email accounts-deliver to new account-finish-close outlook and reopen ), and none of the other offered explanations have worked either. As this is such a common problem; why hasn't microsoft provided a very EASY fix? I am more confused ( and frightened ) and don't want to make the problem worse! ...

BCC in Public Folder
Good Day. I was wondering if it is possible to view the BCC addresses for an email item that has been copied into a public folder. BCC addresses are visible in the sending mailboxes "Sent Items" folder but upon transfer to the folder they are no longer visible. Kind Regards Paul Johnson. ...

Public folder storm
Hi, server A (mbx + public folder server) in location and dedicated public foder servers B and C are replicating heavily. I have enabled the disagnostics on both the servers. the Dedicated public folders are generating much back fill requests. Please let me know how to troubleshoot the issue. On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:58:10 -0800, Public folder storm <Public folder storm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > > server A (mbx + public folder server) in location and dedicated public >foder servers B and C are replicating heavily. I have enabled the >disagnostic...

How do I remove redundant recent publication entries ?
I have been creating greetings cards, and now Publisher is displaying in "Recent Publications", large numbers of cards that have now been deleted. The help system is, as usual, over complex, giving answers to completely unrelated matters, but none to the matter in hand. Can I remove these phantom "Recent Publications"? Vista? C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\Recent -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Nanny" <Nanny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

how to post data to folder other than the _private folder
The FP documentation indicates I can post the resuts of a form to a different folder - not the default _private folder. So, when I am specifying the file name in the form properties dialogue box, do I just type in the folder and file name using the following format? folder/file Will that make the csv file automatically go into the specified folder? Thank you. Yes and no. Yes the form data will be directed to that folder, but it will only be stored there if the folder and files in it have write permissions for the extensions. The _private folder has permissions that enable wri...

lost folder #2
I think I must have accidently deleted a folder I set up in my Outlook Exp..I am using Windows XP and would like to know if there is any possible way to get it back..any help would be grately appreciated..Thank You suegr wrote: > I think I must have accidently deleted a folder I set up > in my Outlook Exp..I am using Windows XP and would like > to know if there is any possible way to get it back..any > help would be grately appreciated..Thank You This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express ...

Purge Public folder after 6 months
We have a *public* folder where incoming faxes go to. I want to configure something that will automatically purge messages in that folder if they are older than 6 months. I've been doing it every month by hand, but I'd really like just to have the system do this. Thanks, Mark On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:56:37 -0400, "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote: >We have a *public* folder where incoming faxes go to. I want to configure >something that will automatically purge messages in that folder if they are >older than 6 months. I've been doing it every...

Get the original date and time of email in Public folder
Hi all, We have a small situation here, maybe one of u can help me with this. Last week one of the users deleted a folder in the Public Folders, i noticed a few day's later. I have restored the complete folder including all the email and subfolders in it from tape, so far so good. But now comes the tricky part : all the email's have the date and time of the time i restored it all. So they all have the same date and time, well this is not how we want this to be. Does anyone know how to get the original date & time of each email back ? Thanks in advance Cas How did you ...

How do I set up a default column format in all my email folders?
I want a specific date format in my sent and received columns, but have to set each folder individually. Is there a way to do this globally? -- Christine Ckaesche <Ckaesche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want a specific date format in my sent and received columns, but > have to set each folder individually. Is there a way to do this > globally? The techniques described here may help: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

emailed publisher publication has text missing at end of textbox
I have emailed a publication created in Publisher 2003, Version 11.0.7969.0 for printing. When printed a number of the text boxes have text missing at the end of articles. The publication prints ok an my own printer. How can I overcome this? Many thanks -- ROY I ran into this problem myself. Unfortunately the margins differ with printers. All you can do is to shorten that email. I ended up testing various emails with a friend. We were on the phone, which made it tough because she still uses dial-up. It took about an hour before we finally came up with a solution that we thought wou...

Public Folder Online Backup
A healthcheck performed on my Exchange server 2003 had the comment Database Public Folder Store (Exch001)' on server Exch001 has never had a full online backup' How is this backup setup? Does this mean that an online backup is performed on the Information Stores but not on the Public Folders? Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO is your public store in a different SG than your mailbox stores? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DE8AE8-F7AC-4888-A3D7-223971690DE1@microsoft.com... >A healthcheck performed on my Exchan...

Public Folders freezing Outlook
Some of our Public Folders have begun freezing Outlook when accessed. The only way to close Outlook is to End Task from Task Manager. It isn't an issue with permissions since when any of these Public Folders is accessed, you can see the folder's items before Outlook freezes. This happens on any PC connecting to the public folders. Some public folders can be accessed normally. We have Exhange 2000 SP3 on an SBS 2000 server with all relevant SP's. ...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Users log on to root public folder and not to local replica :
I have exchange organization in domain A there is exchange server 2000 in First administrative group. In domain B, I have exchange server in its own administrative group. There is common public folder that is replicated in both. If I look at the replicate state of the folder, usually is in sync, or bout modified. Problem is the following : User that is in domain B, part of domain B .His home folder is in exchange server in B domain, we can say that it has nothing to do with domain A. But when i look at security log of domain A, I can see user logging on to server in that domain well ...

Public Folder Strangeness
Hi All, Please could someone shead some light on a slight issue I'm experiencing. Here's the rub; Exchange 2003 SP2, OL 2003. I've created a new calendar in a public folder. I've created new AD Universal Security groups and assigned them reviewer and author permissions on this folder. I've then added apprpriate users to these groups. If UserA then creates an appointment, UserA is the only persone who can see it in the calendar. UserB (within the same securuty group), viewing the folder, does not see UserA's appointment. As an administrator, I cannot see t...

WLM prompting me to "refresh" folders in IMAP account
Hi, I have a Gmail account, which I download to WLM. I have Windows 7 64-bit. I was downloading my email, when the "Gmail" account stopped with an error message, saying it could not send or receive email and was having problems with a particular "folder". It said I should try "refreshing" my folders. These "folders" are really "labels" in Gmail. How do I "refresh" my folders? Thanks in advance. sheana First... Tools/IMAP folders/Reset List I'd also-click the GMail folder , right click the "All Mail&q...

validation #16
I have a sheet in which i want to validate the values that are filled in: possible must be the numbers from 0 to 100 and the value "absent". How do i do this? Just posted the response below to your multi-post in .newusers (Please refrain from multi-posting) One way .. Assume inputs would be made in col A, A1 down Select col A Click Data > Validation Select Custom under "Allow" Put as the "Formula:" =OR(AND(A1>=0,A1<=100),A1="absent") Click OK Test it out .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects...

What is the meaning of i circled symbol in sent mail folder
Sometimes when I send an email there is a i circled symbol lower right corner of envolpe symbol in the sent messages folder, it is kind of like the blue arrow when you forward a email. What does the i circled indicate? It means that tracking information is available for that item. You'll need to open the item to view the Tracking tab. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "watercrazed" <watercrazed@discussions.microsoft....

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

Forward Spam to Recipient. Then move to spam folder.
I am currently filtering Spam for users in my organization. The spam gets filtered then stored in a private mailbox. I want to be able to forward the captured spam to the end user but have the spam moved to a designated folder labeled (What else...) "SPAM" or "Potential Spam" based on the subject line containing the word "SPAMWARNING" . I know that I can do this using Outlook's rule wizard but, I would need to get 700 users to do it. (*Not Likely) I have looked at vba macros but they require digital signatures in order to run without user's intervention....

Items not showing up in the Personal Folders list
I'm having a rather bizarre problem with Outlook 2003. My Contacts, Journal, Calendar folders aren't showing up in my "Personal Folder List" anymore. I know there has to be a setting buried somewhere to get them back. It happened after I had to export my pst file before a fresh install of Windows. After I imported it all the messages They showed up just fine under Personal Folders->Inbox as well as Deleted Items, Drafts, Junk E-mail, Outbox and Search Folders. Now how do I go about getting Contacts, Calendar and such to show up again? Thanks in advance, Scott -- Scott Be...

Resetting the Other Users Folders list
Re: Outlook 2003 When accessing another user's Calendar that you have been granted permissions to, a reference to that person's calendar appears in the lower part of the File > Open > Other User's Folder menu. I have not been able to determine how to clear or reset this menu. And unlike the adaptive menus in other Office applications, these references have not removed themselves even though the shared calendars are no longer accessed. Any suggestions? Thanks, jm ...

Problem with mail enabled public folders...
Group, Our organization recently migrated our Exchange 2K server to a server running Win2K3 and Exchange 2K3. It was during a crisis and none of us were aware at the time of the pfmigrate utility with MSExchange 2K3 and ended up doing them all manually. Now, we've found that some of the mail enabled folders will accept email internally but attempting to email these pub folders from an external source results in a very vague and generic NDR. I've tried recreating the folder and still get the same results. Searched thru TechNet and MS KB's provides no joy. Anyone ever experience this...

OL2003: how to remove an archive folder?
I have a large archive folder on a separate drive that I have been using since Outlook 95. When installing a newer Office version, a new archive folder was automatically added to the Outlook folder list (located in C:\Documents and Settings). I do not want to use this new archive folder, but I don't know how to remove it from Outlook. I tried to close the folder, shut down Outlook, then physically delete the PST file. But when I restart Outlook, the folder and PST file are automatically recreated. How can I get rid of this folder? Pat Willener <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net>...

Public folder e-mail address
E2003 on SBS2003. I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only. When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However, when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this: Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail ad...