Public and system folder migration

hi I have a small single site, i introduced 2003 exchange server and moved
mailboxes over  to 2003 , similarly created a relica on the new exchange 2003
server.
 WHich other system folders do i have to move over or replicated over to
2003 server, before i could decommision the exchnage 5.5 server.
 thanks
0
SinJoe (21)

Hello

Please peruse the  following KB Articles:
822450 How to remove the last Exchange Server 5.5 computer from an Exchange
: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822450
327779 How To Convert from Mixed Mode to Native Mode in Exchange :
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327779

Regards
--
Nagendra Sitharamaiah
MCSE, CCNA, MCT, CISSP

"Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi I have a small single site, i introduced 2003 exchange server and moved
> mailboxes over  to 2003 , similarly created a relica on the new exchange
> 2003
> server.
> WHich other system folders do i have to move over or replicated over to
> 2003 server, before i could decommision the exchnage 5.5 server.
> thanks

0
nagsi (66)

Cannot move emails between folders

Sent Items to Public folder?
Hi How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? Thanks Himalyas wrote: > Hi > > How can I synch user's sent itmes to a particular public folder? > > Thanks No syncing is possible. You could use a rule for this. If this is a mail-enabled public folder and you have multiple people accessing it/using Send As for it, consider using a shared mailbox instead...and see www.ivasoft.biz. Thanks for help. Could you please suggest me good book on public folders and exchange 2003 in general? I have not touched exchange since 5.5. "Lanwench [MVP - ...

Exchange database folder
Hi! I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:". How could move all on drive "e:" ? Thanks Antonio Grasso Hi Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties -> -> Database TAB Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another location then The operatio...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How to remove the exchange public folder?
Hi, We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We remove one site from the current organization and would like to know, how can we remove the public folders which replicated when it was on the organization with other sites. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We >remove one site from the current organization and would >like to know, how can we remove the public folders which >replicated when it was on the organization with other >sites. > >Thanks >. >you need to open exchange in raw ...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

Ex5.5 to Ex2003 intra org migration
Hi I have migrated from E5.5 to E2003 intra-Org migration and chose the option SID migration via ADMT during migration . I 've notice that both source domain and target domain accounts have been added to mailbox and public folder resources which doesn't appear to be a problem at the moment. However in the near future when I do decide to remove the source domain would I be left with "zombie" source domain accounts??? In addition, granted that I chose to migrate SID history what will be the result when the source Doman is remove. Will there be any performance impact ??...

Hyperlnk to a cd-rom folder
How but a exel file that has hyper links to the folders on that cd rom with out naming a drive letter since everyone has a different drive letter for their cd rom??? Thanks The excel workbook is stored on that same CD? If yes, this worked ok for me in xl2002 and using my harddrive (not CDROM). File|properties Hyperlink Base: \ (just the backslash) Then I could insert hyperlinks via Insert|Hyperlink and just leave the drive letter off. If the workbook is not on the same cd, you could have a file on the cd to look for, search the CDdrives and determine the drive letter. Then have your mac...

Public Folder is missing objects
I made a mistake. I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. These were the only two servers in my structure. When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it. Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt. The primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not b...

can not move files and folders on vista
hi, I am having problem moving any type of files or folders to different place. I cannot even move a file in my document to a folder in my document. can any one help please. I tried setting the admin but that did not resolve it. I am using vista. However, I can delete and rename files and floders but just can't move them -- lovelacews Not a Windows Live Mail issue. Please post here. Windows Vista General Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-u...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

List folders to file

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

Migrating E5.5/NT4 to E2003/W2K
I am going to be migrating E5.5 to E2003 very soon Can anyone please give me tips as I would like to avoid as many probs a possible. I can use the same IP, Domain name etc Thanks in Advance Hi, Done a few of those You could do an in-place upgrade but you must be absolutely sure about your backups. For me, the easiest (and probably safest) way is to do a new installation of 2003 and run the two systems in parralel until all users have been migrated to the new system before shutting down the old system. I short: Suppose you have alias@demo.com as your current e-mail domain: 1. Create a...

Public folders not visible in EMS
I need to reset permissions on a public folder. I read the TechNet article here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/14f91205-23e7-4d62-b3f5-00c02b82a19e.mspx However, the folders are not visible in the folders tree in ESM. So, I am not sure how to proceed. I have W2k server with E2k3 enterprise. Thanks Hi Can you tell me a bit more about the problem, are they just not there or do you receieve some type of error message when you try to access them from ESM? Do you receieve any of the following error message when trying to expand or access y...

Flagging in Public Folders
My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged for later inspection. Any ideas? Simon Beresford, MCP IT Support Engineer Expert Systems Ltd e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk w: www.expertsystems.co.uk t: +44(0)870 4296181 f: +44(0)870 4296182 the Total IT Service what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Folder information not updating
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition in an Exchange 2007 SP1 UR4 environment. I have only been using the Web Services Edition for about a week and prior to that I was using the regular Entourage 2008 client for four months. In any case, the problem I am about to describe occurs in both versions of Entourage 2008. <br><br>Recently my employer's executive group decided to implement Managed Folder Policies to assist in controlling mailbox size. I was the first to...

2 Program Files folders
Hello Installing my programs on my brand new Laptop with W7. Did the Easy File Transfer, wow really easy. Now I'm installing my software. But I've noticed I have 2 Program Files in the C drive. One is "Program Files" and one is "Program Files(x86)" Can someone please explain to me what this is? The first software I installed automatically pointed to the one with (x86) Thank you J To start with it means your laptop has Windows 7 x64 (64-bit). 64-bit programs will install to the "Program Files" folder. 32-bit programs will install to th...

find microsoft.public.mac.office at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access microsoft.public.mac.office without a newsreader at http://www.ugroups.com/Computers/viewforum.php?f=34 This message from www.ugroups.com is intended for those who might be interested in free web based access to the newsgroups. Please add to your kill file to avoid future inconvenience. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...

Public folders
Hey, I had made a public folder in system manager on my Exchange 2003 server. BUT I wan't the users to only see calender and nothing else - but I don't know how to do ?? Is there Anyone who can help ? Regards -- .. U�ytkownik "DKjean" <DKjean@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:62106717-0AA3-4F2E-9CA1-7C42267F2208@microsoft.com... > Hey, > > I had made a public folder in system manager on my Exchange 2003 > server. > BUT I wan't the users to only see calender and nothing else - but I > don't > know how to do ?? &...