Propagate views for a folder?

Hi,

I'm interested in customizing a view for a public folder, and then
having it be the default view for everyone who views that folder.  Is
this possible?  Or does everyone have to set up this view manually?

Thanks,
Sean

In news:1159366480.140686.158360@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com,
sean.gilbertson@gmail.com <sean.gilbertson@gmail.com> typed:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in customizing a view for a public folder, and then
> having it be the default view for everyone who views that folder.  Is
> this possible?  Or does everyone have to set up this view manually?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

In Outlook, using an account that has 'owner' permissions on that PF, create
a new custom view, based on whatever you like - set it up "for this folder,
visible to everyone" and name it using something that makes sense to you.
Then in the PF properties, you can set the initial view on the folder, to
your custom view.

0
lanwench (7567)
9/27/2006 3:04:08 PM
Thank you so much!!

Take care,
Sean

In news:1159370758.694139.157430@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,
sean.gilbertson@gmail.com <sean.gilbertson@gmail.com> typed:
> Thank you so much!!

You're very welcome.

> Take care,
> Sean
>
> Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
>> In news:1159366480.140686.158360@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com,
>> sean.gilbertson@gmail.com <sean.gilbertson@gmail.com> typed:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in customizing a view for a public folder, and then
>>> having it be the default view for everyone who views that folder.
>>> Is this possible?  Or does everyone have to set up this view
>>> manually?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sean
>>
>> In Outlook, using an account that has 'owner' permissions on that
>> PF, create a new custom view, based on whatever you like - set it up
>> "for this folder, visible to everyone" and name it using something
>> that makes sense to you. Then in the PF properties, you can set the
>> initial view on the folder, to your custom view.

0
lanwench (7567)

Merging folders in WLM
In OE and Windows Mail all messages went into the Inbox, no matter how many email addresses I had. In WLM they all go into separate folders. I'd like to have things back the way they were. How can I do this? Thanks Sorry, that's the way Windows Live Mail works. You can simulate the older mail client behavior by collapsing all the accounts to one line each, then do all your viewing via Quick View folders, which can be customized quite a bit. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "RobJenk" <...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

having every deleted items folder empty on exit
Hi. I have outlook 2003 set up so that my deleted items folder in my default personal folders empties when I exit. At the same time, my wife has a personal folder set up that has a deleted items folder in it as well. However, this one does not empty automatically as the default deleted items folder does upon exit. Is there any way to change this so all deleted items folders empty when I exit? Thanks for any help. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

viewing photos sent as attachments
I have been sent some photo's as an attachment and am trying to view them using Word 97, each one appears as a frame and image number how do I convert them to a proper photo? Are they doc-files then? You're probably better of viewing them in a photo-editor application -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "greygroob" <greygroob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E497166C-998F-4DD2-80C6-A83CA474F9B2@microsoft.com.....

View query results in MsgBox
I have developed qryQuickLook that brings up rptQuickLook when cmdQuickLook is clicked, everything works great but I would rather see the results (never more than 10 line items) in a MsgBox than have a seperate report window open up. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Dave On Nov 23, 11:00 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: > Why "MsgBox"? You can display the results in a dialog form with a command > button or two. > > -- > Duane Hookom > Microsoft Access MVP > > > > "maces...@gmail.com" wrote: > > I have deve...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

Cannot access Public Folders via ESM
Hello, I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same problem if I try it from the exchange server, or remote. It just hangs, no error message. I or the users don’t have a problem connecting from outlook. I’m using exchange 2003 on wind server 2003 sp1 Thanks Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. "Marsel" <Marsel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBCE555-FCDD-4304-B2C4-F82E5DD1690E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same &g...

View messages by Message Timeline
When working with message views I selected view current view by "Message Timeline" and find the format very useful for keeping chronologic track of events. The question is that from time to time a bar of varying length appears over some of the messages and I'm not sure what it means. At fires I thought it had something to do with the number of message threads but some of the messages with few threads had longer bars than the ones with a good number of threads. Does anyone know what these thing are? That bar generally shows how long you were working on the item in ques...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

Lost folder #3
All my folders are gone. In outlook express i had a folder right after my drafts it's now gone. How can i find this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us...

2 Personal folders??
Hi. I've just pasted my saved PST file into a newly formatted and newly installed Outlook 2003. Copied it into Me>local settings>application data>Microsoft>Outlook The trouble is, on opening Outlook, I now have 2 Personal folders, they are identical. All my stuff is there but twice. Could you please tell me how I can get rid of one Thank you Hi JB, maybe you have a Ghost PST file: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Groupware without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronization for laptops: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware....

Problems replication Public Folders
Hi, I have two Exchange Servers with Public Folders, they are replicating. I want to disconnect one of them for ever. My question is, what happend with the folders? All information are in the two server duplicated? I'm not going to loose any information. Thanks for all, I'm begginer in Exchange Server Mauricio Campos You need to make sure that you follow Microsoft's removal instructions before you just take an Exchange server offline. You will cause hell for yourself if you dont. See these Microsoft Docs. 235396 XADM: How to Determine the First Exchange Server Computer ...

Startup other user's folder
I have created an e-mail address with my company that about 400 people will need to access to sift through and work items accordingly... I was wondering if there was an easy way (possibly using command line options) to load a specific users folder? outlook /??? "foldername" (inbox) Thankyou very much for your help! Matthew ...

Exchange 5.5 public folders not being seen in Exchange 2003 GAL
We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange 2003. We have tried adding permissions to the public folders for the staff who need to send to them, but that has made no difference. The folders also cannot be seen in the public folder hierarchy. Any advice appreciated. swingman100@hotmail.com (swingman) wrote: >We have an issue where some of our Exchange 5.5 public folders cannot >be seen in the Global Address List by the staff who are using Exchange >2003. We have tried adding permissio...

Custom View #3
I have created a custom view that has the items grouped by conversation. My question is; is there a way to filter the view so that it will show only those conversations with a single mail item. To give you a better understanding of what I am after. We have a public folder where questions can be submitted. We are looking for a simply way to identify those questions that have never been responded to. Hence, viewing by conversation and showing only those with a single mail item will be enough to identify those which need to be addressed. ...

calendar views
Outlook is stuck on recurring events. I feel like someone has tinkered with my computer. I am unable to return to the day/wee/month view. Help, please. What version of Outlook? Is it your main calendar folder? If you don't use many custom views, you can restart Outlook using the cleanviews switch, but it will wipe out all custom views you have. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm if you need help using cleanviews. If you have a lot of custom views, you might be able to get out of it by switching to another calendar and back. -- Diane Poremsky [...

public folder deleted item recovery
I have public folders set up in Exchange 5.5 with a 3 day deleted item retention time for public folder contents. What actually causes a message to show up in the "recover deleted items" option? Obviously when a message is deleted from that folder, but are there any other reasons why a message would appear in the "recover deleted items" option? No. Only way to allow messages to show up is set Deleted Item Retention. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "cglady2000" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How to navigate to a password protected network folder
Hello all, I have a folder stored on my work VPN. In Windows Explorer, after connecting to the VPN, I can navigate to the folder by typing its address in the address bar. Windows then asks me for some logon credentials and I can navigate the folder. Trying to use PowerShell to navigate to the same folder brings up an "Access Denied" message. I was wondering if there was any way to enter my user credentials so that PowerShell can navigate the location? Thanks --Amr I assume that you talk about network share. In this case you need to use NET USE command: net u...

Work Week View in OWA 2003?
Does anyone have a solution for adding the Work Week View (5 Days Button) in Outlook Web Access 2003? Currently the manual way to do it is select all 5 days in the week while holding down the Ctrl key - it would be nicer to have a button like in Outlook 2003. TIA Hi Unfortunatly this is not a feature in OWA 2003, and there are no customizations/modifications or 3rd pary products to give us this feature. I am hopeing it will be a feature in Exchange 12. Regards -- Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2003 Server & Exchange 2003 Admin & Design) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Re...

folders in outlook 2003
can you password protect a folder in outlook 2003? You can password protect a PST file, if that's what you're using. You can't password protect a folder within it. stu leonard wrote: > can you password protect a folder in outlook 2003? ...

How to convert mail folder to text files
Hi, Could someone suggest the best way to convert the contents of the local outlook news/mail folders into text files? The idea, of course, is to avoid manually editing each and every message. Thnx, Andre "AW" <one_at_large@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11ob6tcqn9p5kd4@corp.supernews.com > Hi, > Could someone suggest the best way to convert the contents of the > local outlook news/mail folders into text files? > The idea, of course, is to avoid manually editing each and every > message. > Thnx, > Andre Install Mozilla Thunderbird ...

size of view area
I can't find the function that gives me the height and the width of the view area in an SDI. Please advise. On Jun 19, 10:51 am, wanwan <ericwa...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I can't find the function that gives me the height and the width of > the view area in an SDI. > > Please advise. Never mind. I found it. It's GetClientRect. On Jun 19, 11:11 am, wanwan <ericwa...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Jun 19, 10:51 am, wanwan <ericwa...@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > I can't find the function that gives me the height and the width of > > the view ar...

Outlook 2003 search folders
I want a search folder called "TODAYS MAIL" that shows me all the mail I got today excluding mail in teh Junk email and deleted folders... how do I handle the exclusions?? Never mind .. figuered it out... right click the folder and choose "Browse..." "Alexander Ross" <alexross@bleen.net> wrote in message news:%23a6aCB1nDHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want a search folder called "TODAYS MAIL" that shows me all the mail I got > today excluding mail in teh Junk email and deleted folders... how do I > handle the exclusions?? > >...

Sending large email to public folder
I am unable to send a large email over 10 mb to a Public folder. I have set the public folder delievery restrictions to the highest that is will go, something like a 1gb message. I have checked my AD size limit to the highest it will go with still no effect. Any Ideas? Check the properties of the Default SMTP Virual server, messages tab. This may be where the restriction is coming from -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no w...