Prompt when sending to Distribution List

We have an Exchange 2003 with 2003 Active Directory environment.  We have a
distribution list that sends to all mailboxes in our organization and
recently we've had some users inadvertently sending to this list.  We DO NOT
want to lock down who can send to the list (which would be the easy fix) and
during a brainstorming session we were asked if we can have Outlook prompt
the user with something like, "Are you really sure you want to send this to
Everyone?"  Is there anything in Exchange or Outlook that would create a
prompt when selecting a certain distribution list?

Hello:

There's no built-in way that I'm aware of to do this. You'd need some type
of add-on to Outlook or write one yourself if nothing fits your needs. I
don't see the point in sending as a DL, then being concerned about users
replying back to the DL. Why even send as the DL in the first place, and why
not lock down who can send to the DL? Can't you send as a generic mailbox or
public folder?

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

"Stan Cooper" <Stan Cooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an Exchange 2003 with 2003 Active Directory environment.  We have
> distribution list that sends to all mailboxes in our organization and
> recently we've had some users inadvertently sending to this list.  We DO
> NOT
> want to lock down who can send to the list (which would be the easy fix)
> and
> during a brainstorming session we were asked if we can have Outlook prompt
> the user with something like, "Are you really sure you want to send this
> Everyone?"  Is there anything in Exchange or Outlook that would create a
> prompt when selecting a certain distribution list?

Hello:

There's no built-in way that I'm aware of to do this. You'd need some type
of add-on to Outlook or write one yourself if nothing fits your needs. I
don't see the point in sending as a DL, then being concerned about users
replying back to the DL. Why even send as the DL in the first place, and why
not lock down who can send to the DL? Can't you send as a generic mailbox or
public folder?

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA
http://SysAdmin-E.com

"Stan Cooper" <Stan Cooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an Exchange 2003 with 2003 Active Directory environment.  We have
> distribution list that sends to all mailboxes in our organization and
> recently we've had some users inadvertently sending to this list.  We DO
> NOT
> want to lock down who can send to the list (which would be the easy fix)
> and
> during a brainstorming session we were asked if we can have Outlook prompt
> the user with something like, "Are you really sure you want to send this
> Everyone?"  Is there anything in Exchange or Outlook that would create a
> prompt when selecting a certain distribution list?

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:26:12 -0700, Stan Cooper <Stan
Cooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have an Exchange 2003 with 2003 Active Directory environment.  We have a
>distribution list that sends to all mailboxes in our organization and
>recently we've had some users inadvertently sending to this list.  We DO NOT
>want to lock down who can send to the list (which would be the easy fix) and
>during a brainstorming session we were asked if we can have Outlook prompt
>the user with something like, "Are you really sure you want to send this to
>Everyone?"  Is there anything in Exchange or Outlook that would create a
>prompt when selecting a certain distribution list?

Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2010 will give you "mail tips" which will
put notices like that into the notification area. It'll tell when
someone's OOF, when their mailbox is full, when the recipients are
external, when a DL ontains a lot of recipients, etc.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Collapsed list view report control
I'm try to set up an EXCEL like window, which apparently one can do with a REPORT control. I actually get it work, but all the columns are scrunched to the left when the window comes up, forcing the user to move the partions. I'm using Visual C++ 7.0. Here' the code. Thanks, Ihor P.S. Is there an easier way of inserting a line of data?? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CRect rect(16 ,60,450 ,250); m_pendlistctrl.Create(WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|LVS_REPORT,rect, this,IDD_WIRE_DIALOG); //m_pendlistctrl is a CListCtrl m_...

Income in Payee List?
Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks -- Lori In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote: >Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my >Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks It's up to you. If you want to rename or move those "payees" to something more meaningful to you, there are buttons to make those choices. Just select the odd payee, and choose Rename, Move or Delete. Move or Delete will let you combine payees. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by...

List Validation
I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a form that I have saved in another workbook. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html note that the other workbook needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Renee" <...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

how do i send a publisher calendar to blackberry?
-- Carrie Murphy Read the Blackberry manual but I strongly suspect you won't be able to do anything with a Publisher file at all on your phone. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "CARRIE" <so_cal_faith@msn.com> wrote in message news:A128BE10-D276-4B15-A74D-C472F3EA45A4@microsoft.com... > > -- > Carrie Murphy JoAnn, The Blackberry is a bit more than a phone... How to Do Everything with Your BlackBerry (How to Do Everything) http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=4-978007225587...

SMTP Outbox won't send
I have set up Outlook 2003 to get my email from Compuserve. It uses IMAP4 for input and SMTP for outgoing. Reading the email is working OK. But i replied to an incoming email, the reply went into the Outlook Outbox, but nothing I do will cause it to be sent. Send/Receive All does not empty the Outbox and neither does Send All. If reading the mail works, how do I get the Outbox to send the reply? ...

OWA Can't send mail
I have two users only that have reported that they cannot send mail using OWA. The only error that they get is a dioalog box with the title Internet Explorer and the error in side the box just says unkown. I am running exchange server 2003 sp2 with a front-end back-end setup. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:01:01 -0800, Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two users only that have reported that they cannot send mail using >OWA. The only error that they get is a dioalog box with the title Internet >Explorer and the error in side the box just says unkown. &...

Outlook sending unknown hidden messages
Hello all, My Outlook is sending hidden messages (as indicated by the status bar) when I don't have any, or sometimes one message, in my Outbox. They shouldn't be read receipts from legitimate Email, because I usually haven't opened any mail that contains receipt requests (I get VERY little mail from unknown sources, so I would know). I first noticed this when sending one piece of mail, and the status bar said sending 1 of 2 messages. Sometimes when I send one message it will start with "Sending message 2 of 3," then go to 3 of 3, and only then do the one message I ...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

Send Email Permissions
We are trying to send emails to a group of contacts using the IE client. We are going to tools, advanced find to define a group of contacts. Then we choose actions, send direct email. When we choose a template and try to complete the activity, we get a message saying that the user doesn't have permission for this action. Our administrative users can perform this action, but the Salesperson and Customer Service Users are not able to complete the action. We have perused the security role settings but are unable to figure out which one is affecting this. Any ideas? Hi Greg, I...

User Name prompts
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word username separated by a space. I have been having this problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username and password in the account setup process, but it still prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with space, because I tried changing the original settings many times, but every time I open the Edit window of email accounts, I see my user name without space. ...

sending attachments #3
I downloaded all the security updates for Outlook 2000. Now Outlook can't send attachments. The attachments appear in the "send" directory, but the receiver of the email gets no attachments. Hi Stu, The Outlook security feature blocks attachments that are potentially unsafe. This security feature provides an additional level of protection against malicious messages. Although Outlook 2000 SR-1 or Outlook 2000 SR-1a blocks access to the attachment, the attachment still exists in the message. For more information on resolving this issue, please refer to Knowledge Base art...

list.remove() crash.
Hi: I have a short code below which polulats a list with 3 strings and then try to remove them by calling list.remove(). but the program crashes at the 2nd run in the loop (as marked below). Could you see anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your input. Polaris ------------------------------------------------------------- #include <list> typedef std::list <char*>::iterator LI; int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { char* array[] = { { "Test1" }, { "Test2" }, { "Test3" } }; ...

Send/Receive Freezes
W2K w/Outlook XP - several rules created: Exception List Adult Content Senders Junk Senders where my name is not in the To box where my name is in the Cc box The last four have the setting of 'permanently delete it' the problem is that when I click Send/Receive OL freezes all the time forcing me to close it as it stops running. I can only Send/Receive with the rules checked off. I then have to open rules check them back on and hit the run/now. Is there something wrong with OL for this to happen all the time? TIA ...

Intercompany AP Edit List
I entered an Intercompany AP invoice. I distributed as follows: Originating Company AP $300 Originating Company Expense $150 Destination Company Expense $150 When I print the Payables Transaction Edit List, it shows a completely different account for the Destination Company entry. It is an account in my Originating Company that has nothing to do with the invoice or the vendor. But when I post it, the General Ledger posting journal looks good. Can someone please let me know if this is a known flaw in GP 9.0 or have I set something up wrong? Thanks for any help! ...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

Tie Contact address to Send From address?
Hi, Outlook Express (if not, then Outlook) Can you tie a particular contact to a Send From address? In my contacts, there are people I want to ensure I only send from one email address, which isn't the default address. I thought about using a second client, but I like to keep all email in one client. If I can't do this in Express, but can in Outlook, then I'll migrate to Outlook. Thanks, Andrew "narrator" <narrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1B4C7A-9849-4AD6-9630-87ED2F418C2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Ou...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

2003 Send on behalf of
How do you set up permissions to send on behalf of a distribution list? I see where you can set this up for an individual mailbox, but not a distribution list. This is on Exchange 2003. I did do this in Exchange 5.5 by giving the distribution list "Send As" authority, but I do not see anything like this in Exchange 2003. I can not find anything on this except incorrect information. Thanks Matt You can only grant the "Send As" permission for Distribution Groups. To do this go to the Security tab of the DG. "Matt1999" <xxscoffxx@aol.com> wrote in...

"Do not send before" option
I've noticed that with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 the "Do not send before" option does not function correctly i.e. it only works if the client software is running. With Oulook XP and Exchange 5.5, this also worked on the server alone. I've tried turning off cached Exchange mode, but still have the same problem. Is this a compatibility issue with Exchange 5.5, an Outlook 2003 bug or just a reduction in Oulook functionality? ...

doesn't send to yahoo
hi every body, I have windows SBS, with mail server configured. I am able to send and receive from any e-mail, e.g. gmail, hotmail...except Yahoo. I can receive from yahoo but not send to it. what is the problem.. any help? Check Reception Polciy for Sending and receiving mail . . > what is the problem.. any help? > Probably no reverse DNS. Go here, substituting the public IP of your mail server for "1.2.3.4": http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=1.2.3.4 Some mail servers require there be a reverse DNS entry in order to combat spam. -- David L. West http://...

Rounding up price lists
Can you round to the nearest Dollar? Yes, if the Price Method is one that caculates the selling price (such as % of List, markup from list, etc). Click on Options, select the Round Option and set to multiple of and enter 1.00 in the Round Amount field. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can you round to the nearest Dollar? ...