Process to dismount store and restore to different machine

Can someone please point me to an online source that describes the process
to take an Information Store from one Exchange 2000/2003 AND then restore
that same store to ANOTHER Exchange 2000/2003 Server - the method and
machine being restored to can EITHER be SAME server or DIFFERENT server name
(process should be flexible to allow same or different server name).

Thanks!

0
ap6564 (9)

Does GP allow for different Account Formats for multiple Companies
Hi All, I am setting up a new client that has 3 different companies. Two of them have the same GL framework. The third has a diffferent account framework. How can I change the account framework for the new company? Thanks for your help. -- TC If they are different databases simply go to Tools >> Setup>>Company >>Account Format. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 "TC" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am sett...

Sales order processing item inquiry windows
Hi, Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not showing in any specific order. In version 9 they were sorted by document date. For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and then choose history. You will see that the document are not sorted at all. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Andre, Everything scrolling window has a sort order - just maybe not what you expect. But you can always see it by turning on your dexsql.log and seeing the query generated. In this case with your same options marked, i get: SELECT TOP...

Extended Stored Procedure
Hi I should write an Extended Stored Procedure for a SQL Server 2000. I have done that already, I mean I know how to do that. But now I read something about CLR and that several functions from the Extended Stored Procedure will be not supported in coming SQL server versions. - Is CLR available for SQL server 2000? - Is there some example code available? Thanks for the help. Regards Hans Answers inline... "Hans Stoessel" <hstoessel.list@pm-medici.ch> wrote in message news:%23mi2UFrRGHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I should write an Extended Stored ...

Using Data Stored on External Drives in 64 bit computer
I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit with Windows 7, will I be able to use the data currently stored on my external hard drives with the new 64 bit computer using Windows 7? Thank you. Hi, On 7 Apr., 18:38, moon <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard > drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit > with Windows 7, will I be able to use t...

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

Re: Storing and Retrieving 'DateLastStored'
Steve Schapel <schapel@mvps.org.ns> wrote in news:eFG3ag3RIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl > MJ, > > Sorry. just a quick tangential comment at this stage, as I haven't > quite got a handle yet on the real questions you are asking. But I > thought I should point out that your variable declarations are > probably not doing what you want them to. For example, this line: Dim > StartDate, EndDate, PrevDate As Date .... I imagine you think is > creating 3 date variables, whereas it is not, the only date variable > will be the PrevDate. You should do it like thi...

something having kids altogather from different countries
I want to get some clip art representing kids from different countries ...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, I am trying to develop a query where my client wants to track how much time in minutes does a nurse spend in various activities (staff education, patient/family education, answering drug relation questions etc. etc.) to assist nurses in other units. What query type should I use? How do I write the query? There is a start time (when the nurse recieves the call) and completion time (when the nurse hangs up). Thanks Mrinalini <drmrinalini@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176645431.981118.294870@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to develop a query wher...

Tim Sneed: How do I restore/repair a partially converted database?
Tim, If you don't put your question in the Message area, many of us can't answer it. There's a little bug where hitting Reply with an empty Message causes an error. Also the Subject often get truncated. Please put a very brief description Subject and further explain in the Message area. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

OIS.EXE what is it, how to end process
computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. A quick google for ois.exe gives you the answer. "ArizonaBoy" <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com... : computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows : OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. In news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com, ArizonaBoy <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: >...

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

How to build a buffer to deal with the accessing from multi-process?
I mean how to build the buffer? Use COM? How to do it? Thank you. I mean there should be only one instance of the buffer to insure the consistency of the data. How to insure exclusive of this instance? Thank you. "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> д����Ϣ���� :OiZddgx8EHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I mean how to build the buffer? Use COM? How to do it? > > Thank you. > > fadics wrote: > I mean there should be only one instance of the buffer to insure the > consistency of the data. How to insure exclusive of this instance? > > Thank you. > &g...

Multiple tasks in sales process stage
I have a sales process with multiple tasks within a stage (4 - 6). Each of these tasks needs to be handled with the previous one being a prerequisite to completing the next. When I reschedule 1 of the tasks (say the first 1 in the list) then the others (task 2, 3 and 4) should be rescheduled accordingly, or at least I would think so. It seems as though upon changing stages all tasks are created and assigned a due date and are then left static. The only workaround here is to create a stage for each task in order to wait for a previous task to be completed before moving to the next task in th...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Different queries but the same?
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. I accidently double clicked on the wrong thing in a new query based on another query. In the query grid, I added the qryVentThpyWithinLastArea and double clicked on the *. It only filled one column of my grid but when I ran the query, it showed all the fields from the query. I then dragged down Area field and added my criteria. I had been taught to double click on the blue title bar and then drag all the fields to the grid then add my criteria. Both ways give me the same data. What is the differnce? I pasted the sql below so you can see what's going...

Store Junk E-mail Configuration Not Effective
Right now we are running a Front-End / Back-End Configuration with Exchange 2003, and having problems enabling the Store Junk E-mail Configuration Settings on the back-end server. Both are front-end and back-end servers are upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2, the Front-End server had the original version of IMF, which was removed prior to installing SP2. The readme was reviewed with SP2, and instructions were followed. Our Front-End server is successfully using the Gateway Setting, but the Store Junk E-Mail setting is not effective at all. Anyone have similar experience, and have been a...

different versions
I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. What can I do? You will have to save the calendar at work as a Publisher 2000 document. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jabrjawz" <jabrjawz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57F19583-7E3D-4EF3-B384-ABDA85A33AF6@microsoft.com... >I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying > to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. > What...

Send Emails With A Different Name Than How Its Listed in the GAL
Hi all, I have a quick question: My client is unhappy with how his emails get sent out from MS Outlook. The GAL on our server lists names as [Last Name], [First Name]. This is how the majority of our clients want it. However, he wants his to be [First Name] [Last Name]. So, all recipients getting emails from him will see his name as First Name, Last Name. We can't do this for him on our GAL, since it would obviously cause an inconsistency if we did it only for one name. But, I figured I'd post here to see if anything else can be done to accomodate him. Thanks in advance for your help...

Purchase order Processing
Hi, A purchase order that was received, not posted, got posted in error. What is the best way of "reversing" this error? -- P McCarthy Hi-- You would enter a return, transactions>>purchasing>>returns trx entry. If it was only received, you would choose to enter Return type. If it was received and invoiced, you would enter a Return with Credit. Please note, this will NOT open the PO back up to be received, you will have to enter a new PO or if the PO is not completely received, you could also edit it to increase the amountt to be received. Take care, Christina N...

stopping a process
I want to close an already running process in my system. Say Yahoo msngr.I can identify and hide the window but am not able to stop the Yahoo Messenger process. How can I stop that process such that the window is closed and the process is stopped as well such that that its entry from the task manager is also removed. Destroy doesnt works. you need to use windows shell command "net start/stop SERVICENAME" the service name is to be used as we can see it in Services using services.msc at run command. Sandipan Aich wrote: > I want to close an already running process in my syst...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

I need to save templates in a different way. Anyone know a soluti
I am a lawyer building precedents for my law firm. Here is the problem. I have about 100 separate macro-enabled templates created in my documents folder. I have created a separate folder for shortcuts. There I put shortcuts to each of the commonly used templates I have, and I have assigned hotkeys to them (F1-F12, ctrl-alt A-Z). Now here is the problem. Because I cannot save over a template (when I edit it for changes in the law) and instead have to save it with a different name, I lose the connection to the hotkey, which is linked to that particular document. I do not wa...

Store numbering
Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? -- Pat pat@arms wrote: > Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores > can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? The StoreCode is not sequentially numbered... I use 120, 250, 377.. 686 ... the code of main supplier of stores to identify electronic-invoice, orders and others bye antonio ...

Does any have any sample code for Store Manager Addins
I'd like to jump start some development efforts and would like to see some examples of how ADDINs have been used. Anything that hits the PurchaseOrder Table would be perfect.... My understanding is that samples are availble to certified partners at the PartnerSource web site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/documentation/installationsetupguides It is not clear to me if customers have direct access to it or not. "Espo" wrote: > I'd like to jump start some development efforts and would like to see some > examples of how ADDINs have been used...

restore money 2003 upgrade??
In July I downloaded the trial version of Money 2003. I then purchased the upgrade offer (Money Deluxe 2003 English Upgrade From Money Trial). Recently I had some sort of problem with my computer that I only knew how to fix by completely reinstalling Windows XP. I went to locate the trial offer of Money 2003 and only found the international version. I downloaded that thinking I could live with favourite instead of favorite and so forth but - I can't figure out how to reinstall my upgrade and make everything work. I can't get help from Microsoft because they want my produc...