Problems with Public Folders replication

Hi guys,

Some problems here.
We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with
W2k3 SP1 on a new DC
(yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server
2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware.

New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS,
time, as always) without
FSMO delegation (for now).
Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear.
After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all
was Ok.
Dcdiag Ok.

In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started to
replicate Public folders
from old server to new one. For beginning have started with 1 folder. All
was Ok and fast.

Than  I have marked for replication almost of all public folders (not the
biggest ones).
Today in the morning I noticed that some folders were replicated and some
not ( in some
folders were missed some documents (quantity of items differs from the
original folder)) .

I have looked through the ESM queue viewer for old server and have found
that 250 items (for now)
were stucked in RETRY condition to new server SMTP Virtual Server ( for 2
days!?).
Logs on both servers are clear.

E-mail exchange between servers (and outer world) before the replication
beginning was fast as light.
And now test E-mails to new server and from one is very slow (15-20 minutes)
to reach correspondent.

One more thing. After new DC and Exchange installation I have noticed error
ID 1024
(MSExchangeIS Public Store) in Event viewer with  IUSR_SERVERNAME account on
old server..
Public Folder Store
"First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (<server name>)".

This is only happens on the old server when I looking via ESM through the
public folders.
Checked MS KB 555422 but without any success.

What is wrong?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Paul

0
spaboy (3)

I would first examine your DNS architecture and contents.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Paul" <spaboy@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> Some problems here.
> We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with
> W2k3 SP1 on a new DC
> (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server
> 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware.
>
> New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS,
> time, as always) without
> FSMO delegation (for now).
> Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear.
> After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also
> all was Ok.
> Dcdiag Ok.
>
> In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started
> to replicate Public folders
> from old server to new one. For beginning have started with 1 folder. All
> was Ok and fast.
>
> Than  I have marked for replication almost of all public folders (not the
> biggest ones).
> Today in the morning I noticed that some folders were replicated and some
> not ( in some
> folders were missed some documents (quantity of items differs from the
> original folder)) .
>
> I have looked through the ESM queue viewer for old server and have found
> that 250 items (for now)
> were stucked in RETRY condition to new server SMTP Virtual Server ( for 2
> days!?).
> Logs on both servers are clear.
>
> E-mail exchange between servers (and outer world) before the replication
> beginning was fast as light.
> And now test E-mails to new server and from one is very slow (15-20
> minutes) to reach correspondent.
>
> One more thing. After new DC and Exchange installation I have noticed
> error ID 1024
> (MSExchangeIS Public Store) in Event viewer with  IUSR_SERVERNAME account
> on old server..
> Public Folder Store
> "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (<server name>)".
>
> This is only happens on the old server when I looking via ESM through the
> public folders.
> Checked MS KB 555422 but without any success.
>

> What is wrong?
>
> Thank you for your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Move Public folder database
How Can I move a public folder database from one storage group to another? I do not want to see my public folder database in the First storage group I created. Thanks The only good way to do this is by replicating it to another server first, deleting the old public folder store, creating a new one, and replicating everything back. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Larry" <larry@cwxonline.com> wrote in message news:%23thdIkAqFHA.2960@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How Can I move a public folder database from one...

XmlTextWriter cannot be serialized because it does not have a default public constructor
Just a quick question. Does this mean that an XmlTextWriter cannot be used in a webservice? Is there some special coding required to use this class? jdhavo@yahoo.com wrote: > Does this mean that an XmlTextWriter cannot be used in a webservice? What kind of "use" are you talking about? It is certainly possible to create an instance of XmlTextWriter in a web service method/class and use it to write some XML. Using XmlTextWriter as the type of a parameter or result of a web service is a different issue. I am currently not sure why you would want to do that. -- Martin H...

urgent problem that I want to have a comment about
Hello! We have a MFC dll that is quite big and complex that is called from a .NET program. When we call this dll it just die so we don't know where to look. Therefore I did some google and found some really good trace files that I added to the dll. We added trace lines in some methods to get a hint about where it stop executing. The first trace we added gave us the information in which method it stopped. We now added further trace to the dll to be able to see more eactly which lines it executes. Now to the very strange thing when we added further trace the second time it worked p...

Folder sizes
When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures shown include mail in Outlook archive folders? Beemer The folder size is for either the Personal Folders or the individual Folder, depending where accessed from The Archive is a completely seperate pst "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uiEUwF8ZHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures > shown include mail in Outlook archive folders? > > Beemer > > "DL" <address...

Problem with Outlook 2003 #5
I have a problem that I have never experienced before with Outlook 2003 I downloaded "pfbackup" patch from Microsoft to back up my personal folders. I have done this before on other installations with no problems. Recently I had to reformat my computer and reinstalled the pfbackup however this time, although it installs, it doesn't show up under "File" menu. Usually right after installing the patch the word "backup" will show under file and it will give me an option to backup my personal folders or to select where I want the file to be stored. That is n...

Move To Folder (copies to OLD Mailbox)
Hi i have recently completly a maibox migration from one Exchange5.5 Site to another Exchange 5.5 Site. The mail client is Outlook 2000. The original site is still intact with the mailboxes hidden. However i am finding that when users click the Move To Folder icon in Outlook and move an email it ends up in the old mailbox. The move to folder icon displays what appears to be a cache of folders were items have been moved to, is there any way of clearing this view as this would then force the users to select the correct folder. i guess i could shut the server down but i want to keep it runnin...

missing folders in outlook express
my folders in outlook express seem to have disappeared. any help is appreciated and thanks in advance ...

re-create all the Exchange system folders
Hi. How can I re-create all the Exchange system folders? Originally I had the Exchange and DC on the same server. I then added another Exchange server and moved all the mail boxes. After some time, the DC crashed and I had a lot of trouble getting a new DC up and running because the DC1 and DC2 hadn't synchronizes for some time. But I managed to move all the FSMO roles etc. My problem is the System Public Folders, that have not been moved. I have tried to re-create the system folder by this method: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822444 but without any result. Nothing is happeni...

Code Problems
Hi, I havesome trouble making this excel macro work. What I need to do is to open a word document that is uplodaded by it=B4s linked data to the excel, then I need to save it and then print it. The trouble is that PDF asks me for the filename so the user has to enter a name. I tried the named argument filename:=3D fnamepdf but it doesn't woork. and also Word asks me to press ok because of Normal.dot. Thanks in advace for the help. ----------------------------------------- Sub wordchage() Dim WordApp As Object Set WordApp =3D CreateObject("Word.Application") fpath =3...

Print Preview Problem #2
Dear all, I am using excel 2003. When I choose preview the document, it prompt me the error and need to recover excel or send error log. But When I choose Print directly, it is OK. What is the problem in preview the document?? I have changed to choose another printer as default, still the same error. Please help Try searching here using the error number and description: http://support.microsoft.com -- Steve "Raymond Chiu" <rchiu5hk@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:eAwc6RyEJHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I am using excel 2003. > When ...

Exel Problems!
Any help with my 2 problems would be much appreciated. 1) I have selected 'wrap text' format for a number of cells - however the text is not wrapping and does not display. The cell does not extend and the text cannot be seen. 2) I have saved my spreadsheet with another one open - now I have 'Links' to other pages. When I open the spreadsheet I get a message notifying me of this. I have gone to the Edit - Links option - which lets me see the links. However I really want to delete them. Cheers, Phil Hi 2): goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlin...

Wherein lies this pair o' problems?
We have 2 Outlook accounts for 2 different websites. Tinytooth is our business's main account, and it runs through a local server. Tinyteeth is our second account, and it runs through our web host's server. Currently, Tinytooth is not receiving mail and Tinyteeth is not sending mail. WHY? Forgive me for giving the least technical and probably wholly incorrect description of the problem. What are the possible sources of unrest in both cases? Also, what is the maximum file size of an attachment with Outlook? Thanks, Arlen ...

Outlook 2003/WinXP calendar problems when opening
Hello all, We have a client desktop that was upgraded to XP SP2 along with Office 2003 + latest hotfixes. Since then, the person cannot open up calendar items. They can click on the calendar and create "labels" but not items. If he tries to open it up, it fails and quits. The odd thing is that Outlook safe mode allows him to open up the items. We went through the most obvious things. We uninstalled any add-ons (PALM Sync and Dynmo Print thingy), check Help > About > Disabled items and nothing was listed. He searched for anything he could find and nothing has worked. Even Repa...

Clearing send folder
I deleted some spam email and the program keeps trying to send them a message. How can I clear it so it will stop? Thanks Send them what message? What version of Outlook are we talking about? What SPAM filter are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ed9301c4568b$b2719e90$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I deleted some spam email and the program keeps trying to > send them a ...

Moving picture from folder
hOW TO MOVE A PICTURE FROM FOLDER TO ANOTHER? ROBERT B.KINARD On Fri, 14 May 2010 08:05:01 -0700, ROBERT B.KINARD <ROBERT B.KINARD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hOW TO MOVE A PICTURE FROM FOLDER TO ANOTHER? > ROBERT B.KINARD In Windows? Right click it with the mouse. Select "Cut" from the menu. This will copy it to the clipboard. Open the other folder, rightclick somewhere in it, and select Paste. Note that this forum is for technical questions about the database software Microsoft ...

Personal Folder in Folder List Outlook 2003
Hi, I have a user who uses the folder list to work rather than using the "Mail". Recently, he mentioned about a calendar popping up on this Personal Folder under Folder List in Outlook 2003. He argued that it wasn't there intially, it was only recently. I went to check it on websites and found that it had to be there as a default but when I went to create a new Personal Folder in Outlook 2003, it has nothing it in except "Select Items" and "Search Folders", which proved that he was right. Can anyone please help and advise, how can I remove the C...

Text Alignment problem
Pub 07 Win XP. Aligning one line of text re-aligns all text in the textbox. If I want the first line left justified, the second centered and the third right justified, I can't do it. Do I really need separate text boxes? -- Charles Joseph Silk Purse Productions In Publisher 2000 it can be done by putting the cursor at the start of the line and selecting the position wanted. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Max" <cmj@silkpurseproductions.comNOSPAM> wrote in message news:63084CB7-09E8-48FB-ACB8-2407F33DC0EC@microsoft.com... > Pub 07 W...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

IMap not showing folders except Inbox
Hi everyone, Using sbs 2003, outlook 2003 sp2. Configured imap (much easier then configuring Exchange account) on a pc but only the inbox is showing all other 'folders' are missing. Any suggestion as to what might have gone wrong is much appreciated. Regards, Smiley Do you have the correct logon name syntax: Imap4 username syntax is "domain/username/mailboxalias" configure outbound smtp username as "domain/username" and require authentication. "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:eqai39$p3c$1$830fa7a5@news.demon...

"Public Folders->Favorites" problem after OL2003SP2
Hi there, if any MVP out there can help me on this? Previously with o2k3sp1 running on wxpsp2, in ol2003 cache mode, after adding public folders in Favorites (PF in F), for emails in "PF in F" I can "save as" the email to local harddisk as msg file, after email saved I can delete it from my "PF in F" without affecting the original public folder as the email stil there. However after install o2k3 sp2, for "PF in F" found that I cannot "save as" msg file, prompted "you don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation", ...

Funny Exchange 5.5 OWA problem
Hi, I have a strange problem when using OWA. When accessed via the internet, I hit reply on an email and the new window doesn't open up, whereas on the lan it opens up fine. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Alex check any popup blocker software or toolbar. You need to allow pop ups for owa to work. This is very common problem. Thanks, Gurmit "Alex Cheng" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a strange problem when using OWA. When accessed via the internet, I > hit reply on an email and the new window doesn't open up, whereas on the lan > it opens up fine. > ...

The OpenReport Action was Canceled problem.
I have a report with a sub report on it, when I run the report in the .ADP application the report works fine, when I create an .ADE and run the same report it does not run, I get the following error: "The OpenReport action was canceled" After further research I found out that the below code will only work for .ADP, what would be the work around to have this work for an ..ADE? strSQL = "SELECT ......FROM AView WHERE ShowId = '" & pubShowID & "'" DoCmd.OpenReport "ExhReport_SubReportRepGroups", acViewDesign Set subRpt...

Multi-sheet data charting problem
Hi folks, I'm relatively new to the "joys" of Excel, so go easy! I have a multi-sheet workbook. Each page has a cell containing a total - let's call it "D2". I want to take data from cell "D2" on each sheet and make a "clustered column" chart. I also want each column to take the name of each sheet, thus: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ |______|______|______| sheet1 sheet2 sheet3 etc. Is this possible? I have tried using the Chart Wizard but, when I select cell D2 across all sheets, thus: Data range: ='...

NSPI Proxy problem: MSExchangeSA and Global Catalog
sorry for my english the problem: i've shut down my 2 DC for mainteinance (in one i have Exchange 2003). after i've turn on the 2 DC (one with my exchange 2003) but i still get 3 error in application log of exchange : ID 9176 : NSPI Proxy can contact Global Catalog but it does not support the NSPI service. After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, the Global Catalog must be rebooted to support MAPI Clients. Reboot as soon as possible. ID 9057 : NSPI Proxy cannot contact any GC ID 9143 : Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the NSPI...

Problem with CString::Delete
CString str = "12345"; // this works fine str.Delete(2, 3); // this does not result in an access violation but also does not work str.Delete(2, 4); // both of these result in an access violation str.Delete(2, INT_MAX - 1); str.Delete(2, str.GetLength()); Per MSDN, if nCount is longer than the string, the remainder of the string will be removed. While this may have been the intent, it obviously does not work. Is this a known issue? I can use Left() just fine, but I was more curious as to what was up with Delete(). The nBytesToCopy variable in Delete() is negative right befor...