Problems with OWA permissions

I seem to be having some sort of problem with owa's permissions.
Everytime that a user tries to logon, they get a standard logon box
asking for the username and password. It's not the owa login screen.
I've tried resetting the auth on exchange, excadmin, and exchweb to
match the auth on a known working server. still no go. it always asks
for the login pass with a popup box, not the owa. I've also checked to
make sure that the document that exchweb/bin uses is OwaLogon.asp.
like I siad, though. I have tried to copy all of the settings from a
working server. Can anyone think of a fix?

"talkinggoat" <johnmclaren_99@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I seem to be having some sort of problem with owa's permissions.
>Everytime that a user tries to logon, they get a standard logon box
>asking for the username and password. It's not the owa login screen.

Assuming you're not using FBA, a logon dialog is expected if you have
only "Basic" authentication set.

>I've tried resetting the auth on exchange, excadmin, and exchweb to
>match the auth on a known working server. still no go. it always asks
>for the login pass with a popup box, not the owa. I've also checked to
>make sure that the document that exchweb/bin uses is OwaLogon.asp.
>like I siad, though. I have tried to copy all of the settings from a
>working server. Can anyone think of a fix?

How may edit boxes are in the logon dialog? It it's two, it's an IIS
permission problem. If there are three it's a file system permission
problem.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
<richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I seem to be having some sort of problem with owa's permissions.
> >Everytime that a user tries to logon, they get a standard logon box
> >asking for the username and password. It's not the owa login screen.
>
> Assuming you're not using FBA, a logon dialog is expected if you have
> only "Basic" authentication set.
>
> >I've tried resetting the auth on exchange, excadmin, and exchweb to
> >match the auth on a known working server. still no go. it always asks
> >for the login pass with a popup box, not the owa. I've also checked to
> >make sure that the document that exchweb/bin uses is OwaLogon.asp.
> >like I siad, though. I have tried to copy all of the settings from a
> >working server. Can anyone think of a fix?
>
> How may edit boxes are in the logon dialog? It it's two, it's an IIS
> permission problem. If there are three it's a file system permission
> problem.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ athttp://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.p...@getronics.com
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.p...@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@pinkroccade.com

I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to use the FBA, but I can't seem to get to
it. I found a couple of mistakes, since the previous post, about
requiring certs, and fixed them, however, now, when I use /exchange, I
only get:

The page must be viewed over a secure channel

On Mar 3, 9:40 pm, "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 3, 7:54 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
>

> <richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> > "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >I seem to be having some sort of problem with owa's permissions.
> > >Everytime that a user tries to logon, they get a standard logon box
> > >asking for the username and password. It's not the owa login screen.
>
> > Assuming you're not using FBA, a logon dialog is expected if you have
> > only "Basic" authentication set.
>
> > >I've tried resetting the auth on exchange, excadmin, and exchweb to
> > >match the auth on a known working server. still no go. it always asks
> > >for the login pass with a popup box, not the owa. I've also checked to
> > >make sure that the document that exchweb/bin uses is OwaLogon.asp.
> > >like I siad, though. I have tried to copy all of the settings from a
> > >working server. Can anyone think of a fix?
>
> > How may edit boxes are in the logon dialog? It it's two, it's an IIS
> > permission problem. If there are three it's a file system permission
> > problem.
>
> > --
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > MS Exchange FAQ athttp://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> > Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.p...@getronics.com
> > Or to these, either: mailto:h.p...@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@pinkroccade.com
>
> I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to use the FBA, but I can't seem to get to
> it. I found a couple of mistakes, since the previous post, about
> requiring certs, and fixed them, however, now, when I use /exchange, I
> only get:
>
> The page must be viewed over a secure channel

....in other words, it isn't redirecting, like it should.

"talkinggoat" <johnmclaren_99@yahoo.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to use the FBA, but I can't seem to get to
>it. I found a couple of mistakes, since the previous post, about
>requiring certs, and fixed them, however, now, when I use /exchange, I
>only get:
>
>The page must be viewed over a secure channel

Are you using httpS or just http as the scheme in the URL?

This might be of some help:
How to manage Outlook Web Access features in Exchange Server 2003
[830827]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"talkinggoat" <johnmclaren_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 3, 7:54 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
> <richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>> "talkinggoat" <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >I seem to be having some sort of problem with owa's permissions.
>> >Everytime that a user tries to logon, they get a standard logon box
>> >asking for the username and password. It's not the owa login screen.
>>
>> Assuming you're not using FBA, a logon dialog is expected if you have
>> only "Basic" authentication set.
>>
>> >I've tried resetting the auth on exchange, excadmin, and exchweb to
>> >match the auth on a known working server. still no go. it always asks
>> >for the login pass with a popup box, not the owa. I've also checked to
>> >make sure that the document that exchweb/bin uses is OwaLogon.asp.
>> >like I siad, though. I have tried to copy all of the settings from a
>> >working server. Can anyone think of a fix?
>>
>> How may edit boxes are in the logon dialog? It it's two, it's an IIS
>> permission problem. If there are three it's a file system permission
>> problem.
>>
>> --
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ athttp://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.p...@getronics.com
>> Or to these, either: mailto:h.p...@pinkroccade.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@getronics.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@pinkroccade.com
>
> I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to use the FBA, but I can't seem to get to
> it. I found a couple of mistakes, since the previous post, about
> requiring certs, and fixed them, however, now, when I use /exchange, I
> only get:
>
> The page must be viewed over a secure channel

Problem transferring Quotation into an order
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C61A85.C5FE7CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello!! I have 2 ID of Sales Order, and using the SOP Configuration Window = ["Ventana Configuraci=F3n de procesamiento de ventas"] I want to = transfer a quotation onto an specific ID order, but GP have problems to = take the pre-configurated Order, and take any others. Sometimes, without changing the configuration, GP works correct the = transferring. Sometimes is good, sometimes is wro...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" <1171052160.017239.244810@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>
I have seen some posts in and around which points some issues with Add-Ins. Remove all non native Outlook Add-Ins, restart OL and see if it solves your problem. Goto Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options > AddIn Manager and remove all non native AddIns. See if it can help you. Thanks! dgoyani http://dgoyani.blogspot.com/ EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Save problems
If I have run powerpoint from the my 'start' button and then use the powerpoint 'open' command, the file opens fine, does not rename and can be saved without issue. However, if I use windows explorer to locate the file and double click it to open up the file and powerpoint (2007), the file is renamed as a 97-2003 file, saves with a new name (one that I don't name) and deletes the original file. Any ideas? In addition - this does not happen to this document on other computers - only when I open this document on my computer. "NPhlud" wrote: &...

Registry problem
I recently had to reinstall xp and always change the registry so that the number lock is always on as below. I find now since the reinstall the registry won't keep the changes for HKEY_USERS, does anyone have a suggestion? thanks HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard >InitialKeyboardIndicators = 0 > >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard >InitialKeyboardIndicators = 0 "JT" <grouch_45@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:bWjdn.119121$fu3.43378@newsfe12.iad... > I recently had to reinstall xp and always change the regis...

Printing problem #14
How can I print screen shot of my worksheet? How can I print only formulas of my workbook at one go? I have formatted my work sheet as tabular form ,user friendly query type,can I print it the same way as it appesrs in the screen? How can I print screen shot of my worksheet? paste it into any of the office suite... for example, after taking the print screen shot (screen shot) paste it into the excel sheet (a new one) and then trim accordingly... i hope i understood ur question correctly :) How can I print only formulas of my workbook at one go? ALT+T+O -> VIEW -> tick the FORMULA...

Problem sending large email
Hi, I have a customer who needs to send a large file in an email. Now I have changed the default limit to accomodate this mail and she still gets a NDR, so I tried no limit and still she gets an NDR. It is not the recipient causing the problem as she gets the same result if she tries to send it to another address which we know can receive large emails. The error she gets is ... This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. Tacking the message show the ...

DNS Problem
Hi, I have a local area network configured with windows server 2003, and all computers connect to the internet through this server, using dns 192.168.0.4 which is on the windows server. For some reason I can not connect to certain websites and for example I can not connect to the shared calendars on outlook 2007 using that dns, if i change the dns for example to another one like 208.67.222.222 it works. can anyone explain me why?? Thanks! JP Hola Juan. Tenes los forwaders bien configurados en el DNS del servidor? Para que envien las peticiones al DNS de tu provee...

Outlook Problem During migration from office 2000 to office 2007
Hi, My name is Govardhan. I have some problem i feel people here can help me out. I had office 2000 installed in my system and i had configured outlook with 2 mail id's of mine and was using it as my default mail. Yesterday we had brought a new version of Microsoft Office 2007. In a bit of hurry i did these things. 1. I immediately uninstalled present version of office 2000 without backing up my mails. 2. I installed Office 2007 3. I open my outlook 4. It migrated the settings of my previous outlook 5. It poped a message asking "DO u wish archieve old mails ?". 6. In a bit o...

sd reader problem with optima notebook
i am using a 32 bit version of vista ultimate. the inbuilt sd reader is completley unresponsive. I do also have a problem with no drivers installed for PCI Flash Memory . I am wondering how do i get my hands on some drivers to fix this problem? I dont have a manufacturer drivers disk and the site was of no help. L40 Optima Centoris V662. "Insane" <Insane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F04AC29F-ECD6-410A-BBD4-DA401B06DD3E@microsoft.com... >i am using a 32 bit version of vista ultimate. the inbuilt sd reader is > completley unresponsive. Your questi...

Strange attachments, and global address list problem.
I have Win 2k DC server, win 2k exchange server, clients use Outlook 2002. Outlook clients can send and receive email, but when they (workstations) try to attach a Word doc, the message pops up from Word “Unable to complete the operation. A fatal error has occurred in Outlook.” No event log errors show up in workstation computer nor main DC server nor exchange server. When they send an attachment as a .jpg file, it works no problem. Also, the GAL is listed in the clients’ Outlook, but it’s empty. The admin can see it full. I've tried using adsedit to give permissions to the GAL ob...

Change Permissions
I have changed some of the user roles and permissions in my Exchange 5.5 Administrator, however the permissions do not take effect until I stop and restart the Exchange services or reboot the machine. Does anyone know a solution for this? In the past this has not been a problem and the changes became immediate. Thanx From what you describe, I suspect you are falling foul of the 2 hour cached permissions issue. See the KB article link below. Note that the article only references the Primary NT Account - it applies to all permissions, though. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=179065 --...

OWA 2003: no Premium or Basic version
Hello, After installing OWA 2003 on a Windows 2003 Front-End Server with SSL and Forms Based Authentication enabled I don't get the home page (Basic or Premium Page) of OWA 2003. A popup ntlm windows apears where I have to put my nt credentials and I'm then directly in my inbox !!! I would have to get the home page with the choice: Premium or basic version. Any idea ? Thanks in advance ...

y axis problems in chart
no matter what data i have entered on the chart datasheet, i keep getting unrelated nonsence #s on the y axis ...

Number to text format problem
A very simple task normally i know - but i need to convert a 12 digit ean reference from number to text format. When i do this through the normal route of formattting the whole column it changes to 4.00511E+12 - obviously the ean ref to the power of 12 and rounded up! Why??? The cell size is not a problem. Hitting F2 to enter each cell and tabbing out will show reference as i need it, but this will take me all day for a 70,000 line SS. Any ideas!? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ P. Osborne, Try this. Select all the cells, and run this macro: Sub ConvertToText() Dim my...

problems printing on offset press with MP
I have Microsoft Publisher 2002. I used it to prepare a 16 page newsletter. The newsletter has both text and pictures (originally from a digital camera). I printed one copy using a laser color printer and text and pictures looked very good. Then I sent the newsletter out for printing 500 copies. The printer used an offset press. The pictures in the newsletter printed using the offset press did not look good. The printer said there were three reasons that the pictures did not look good: (1) Microsoft Publisher should not be used for publications printed on an offset press. Pagemaker wou...

Tab key problem in Microsoft Office Excel 2003
I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and now when I am using Excel and hit the tab key, the cursor always jumps to cell P rather than moving to the adjacient cell to the right. How do I correct this? Whether this is happening in new workbook also or in a specific file only? -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "SFG" wrote: > I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and now when I am using Excel and > hit the tab key, the cursor always jumps to cell P rather than moving to the > adjacient cell to the right. How do I corre...

Pointer problems
Can someone tell me what the helk am I doing wrong? void main() { int sizeOfKey = 2; int sizeOfValue = 2; struct ptrToChar { char *ptrKey; ptrKey = new char[sizeOfKey]; char *ptrValue; ptrValue = new char[sizeOfValue]; }; typedef ptrToChar row; row *direct = new row[2]; } These are the error messages. Actually I get 102 error message from this little code but I think these are the imporant ones. error C2258: illegal pure syntax, must be '= 0' error C2501: 'ptrKey' : missing storage-class or type specifiers error C2258: illegal pure syntax, must be ...

OWA
Hi, When users(who are login to the domain in the office) enter their mailbox name at the default.htm screen, the OWA inbox screen appears without 1st prompting to enter the network username and password. If users(not in the office) try to access OWA remotely, they will get the "OWA was unable to get to your inbox." screen because the Enter Network Password dialog box did not appear(I guess). Am I missing something? What should the directory setting/permission be? I am using Exchange 5.5 Thanks in advance for any suggestions. ...

Scaling Problem with Floating Bar Chart in Excel
I have a series of real-value entries ranging between 1640 and 1800, with durations between 0 and 100. While I can get a floating chart to be generated, when I try to set the scale (e.g., entries that extend one either end of a bounding of 1700 to 1730, the floating bars disappear entirely. Has anyone ever seen this behavior before, and if so, are there any solutions? ...

weird WM_QUERYENDSESSION problem
Recently, I had a problem reported to me with (non-admin) operators unable to log out of our server systems. I tracked this down to the "Default IME" window associated with several applications (different each time) responding to WM_QUERYENDSESSION with FALSE. I went to the trouble of writing a test app that enumerated top-level windows and sent them this message just so I could check. Imagine my suprise when I found it wasn't even a window that we'd created for ourselves that caused the problem. Now we can fix this problem by turning off advanced text input services, becau...

Plugin problem
Hi all, I have plugin registered for Quote products update. Now I want to trigger plugin when my total sales price of quote product changes. I am not able to find from where total sale price is being changed but its changing when i save the quoteproduct from but plugin is not triggered although i selected attribute as total sale price and post and pre satages. I have seen both onload and onsave methods of form but it was not updated from there. Any body has an idea on this please help me out. Regards, MKR ...

CListView Problem in Automation Server
Hello The problem is, when I want to show the application from the automation client I call the method ShowWindow() from the automation server. The application pop up, but the shown View is not my configured CListView with the columns I have when I startet the automation server not via the client. void CEreignisgeneratorDlg::OnShowd=ADpnotifier() { if(!itfDPNotifier.CreateDispat=ADch("DPNotifier.Document")) { AfxMessageBox("Could not create dispatch"); return; } itfDPNotifier.ShowWindow(); } void CDPNo...

Problems forwarding a message
I HAD BEEN TRYING TO FORWARD A MESSAGE, BUT WHEN I WRITE SOMETHING, THE POINTER SEEMS LIKE IT IS TRYING TO SAVE THE CHANGES THAT I DO IN THE MESSAGE AND I SPEND LOTS OF TIME FORWARDING A MESSAGE... I HAD BEEN USING OFFICE XP Hi - I'm not sure what you mean - can you rephrase? Are you using Word as email editor? Please lose the caps lock - it's hard to read and is considered "shouting" Martin wrote: > I HAD BEEN TRYING TO FORWARD A MESSAGE, BUT WHEN I WRITE > SOMETHING, THE POINTER SEEMS LIKE IT IS TRYING TO SAVE > THE CHANGES THAT I DO IN THE MESSAGE AND I SPE...

Stationery background image problem
Hi I have created stationery with below code. Previewing in IE, the background image appears as non-repeating and as large as its original size but when installed as stationery in outlook, in a new message it appears repeated and much smaller. What is the problem and how can I make the background image not to repeat? Thanks Regards Code ==== <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE id=ridTitle>Esprit</TITLE> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"> <STY...

VLOOKUP Problem
Hello. I'm trying to find out if a cell value is on another sheet on my workbook. I'm using the VLOOKUP function =VLOOKUP(G28,'FILE-DSPF'!H24:H27,7,0) Column "7" in the third parameter will just return the cell value again ... so I'm thinking if it's blank there was no match. The cell with the VLOOKUP formula is formatted "GENERAL" ... but it's just displaying the formula, not the result. What am I doing wrong? Or is there a better way to do this? Thanks for any and all help. The lookup range in your formula is just a sing...