Problems with opening a few attachments

Hi Everyone

I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments in Outlook.  When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open" error message.  It is only occurring on a few attachments.  I have checked the event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on the Exchange server (2003).  I have checked the hard disks on the server and there a re no issues with them.  It is a single server Exchange 2003 environment.

I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is.  If you could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be great appreciated.

Kind Regards

Greg
0
g.edmonds (10)

See if turning off your Anti virus software modifies the behavior any.

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

"Greg Edmonds" <g.edmonds@uq.edu.au> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments in
Outlook.  When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open" error
message.  It is only occurring on a few attachments.  I have checked the
event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on the Exchange server
(2003).  I have checked the hard disks on the server and there a re no
issues with them.  It is a single server Exchange 2003 environment.

> I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is.  If you
could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be great
appreciated.

> Kind Regards,
>
> Greg

0
nicbas (128)
4/19/2004 10:31:05 AM
Do you have antivirus installed on Exchange Server?

Greg Edmonds wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments
> in Outlook.  When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open"
> error message.  It is only occurring on a few attachments.  I have
> checked the event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on
> the Exchange server (2003).  I have checked the hard disks on the
> server and there a re no issues with them.  It is a single server
> Exchange 2003 environment.
>
> I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is.  If
> you could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be
> great appreciated.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Greg
0
kpalagin1 (1216)
4/19/2004 10:33:21 AM
Hi again

I have disabled the antivirus software and we are still having the same problem.  Also, when you forward the email with the attachment to another user and forward it back to the original user, the attachments can be opened again.  It looks like it is happening more often... any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Greg
0
g.edmonds (10)

CSV File Problem

Problems with creating a newsletter

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

open two different Access reports

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Rounding Problem

Month problem

outlook 2k2 problem

Offline folder problems #2

opening a .docx with word 2004

Hyperlink problem #3

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

attachment previewers not installed?

Problem with Database Wizard