Problems with nt-backup #2

I know that only the transaction logs are backed up.
But if i have one full-backup and and a differential backup i can restore my
system if is crashes wright?

Or is it better to make everyday a full backup?

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> Are you sure you really want to do a differential Exchange backup?  You
> understand that a differential Exchange backup only backs up the
> transaction
> logs, right?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Said Paap" <no-reply@nobull.net> wrote in message
>>I have a win2003 sbs server with exchange included.
>> I want to backup the exchange information store with NTbackup.
>>
>> Now this isnt instantly a problem because a full-backup works just great.
>> But now i want to make a differential backup every day based on that
>> full-backup. But here it goes bad.. In the backup log there's is a error
>> in the backup log -> "Error: SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First
>> Storage Group is no valid drive or you don't have no acces" ( i
>> translated
>> it from dutch)
>>
>> But the same path is used for the full - backup and this goes very well.
>> The backups are both made by the same user, so that user has good acces
>> rights.

You can create separate schedules.
One for the differential backup of server (for files) and one full backup
only for information store.

"Said Paap" wrote:

> I know that only the transaction logs are backed up.
> But if i have one full-backup and and a differential backup i can restore my
> system if is crashes wright?
>
> Or is it better to make everyday a full backup?
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> > Are you sure you really want to do a differential Exchange backup?  You
> > understand that a differential Exchange backup only backs up the
> > transaction
> > logs, right?
> > --
> > Ed Crowley
> > MVP - Exchange
> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >
> > "Said Paap" <no-reply@nobull.net> wrote in message
> >>I have a win2003 sbs server with exchange included.
> >> I want to backup the exchange information store with NTbackup.
> >>
> >> Now this isnt instantly a problem because a full-backup works just great.
> >> But now i want to make a differential backup every day based on that
> >> full-backup. But here it goes bad.. In the backup log there's is a error
> >> in the backup log -> "Error: SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First
> >> Storage Group is no valid drive or you don't have no acces" ( i
> >> translated
> >> it from dutch)
> >>
> >> But the same path is used for the full - backup and this goes very well.
> >> The backups are both made by the same user, so that user has good acces
> >> rights.

I always recommend a full backup daily.  If you have a failure, the last
thing you want to have to deal with is putting tapes in the proper order and
hoping that one of them isn't bad.
--

>I know that only the transaction logs are backed up.
> But if i have one full-backup and and a differential backup i can restore
> my
> system if is crashes wright?
>
> Or is it better to make everyday a full backup?
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> Are you sure you really want to do a differential Exchange backup?  You
>> understand that a differential Exchange backup only backs up the
>> transaction
>> logs, right?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Said Paap" <no-reply@nobull.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a win2003 sbs server with exchange included.
>>> I want to backup the exchange information store with NTbackup.
>>>
>>> Now this isnt instantly a problem because a full-backup works just
>>> great.
>>> But now i want to make a differential backup every day based on that
>>> full-backup. But here it goes bad.. In the backup log there's is a error
>>> in the backup log -> "Error: SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First
>>> Storage Group is no valid drive or you don't have no acces" ( i
>>> translated
>>> it from dutch)
>>>
>>> But the same path is used for the full - backup and this goes very well.
>>> The backups are both made by the same user, so that user has good acces
>>> rights.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

Problem with CFTPConnection

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

set print area #2