Problems with Mailforwarding

Recently I installed Exchange Server 2003 on Windoows Server 2003. Usually
it is possible to use the server as an mailserver, too, if I correctly
understand it. I get also messages about the mailserver sending to address
exists there, but it is no possible to send messages over the server. After
several hours I ever get a status message that the message will retard for a
while but I should not send the message again. Unfortunatally I notice, that
the message I send never reach the recipient. What reason could it be, that
the message will not forward ?

Michael

0
kauert (1)

Michael Kauert wrote:
> Recently I installed Exchange Server 2003 on Windoows Server 2003.
> Usually it is possible to use the server as an mailserver, too, if I
> correctly understand it.

Yes, Exchange is a mail server.

> I get also messages about the mailserver
> sending to address exists there, but it is no possible to send
> messages over the server. After several hours I ever get a status
> message that the message will retard for a while but I should not
> send the message again. Unfortunatally I notice, that the message I
> send never reach the recipient. What reason could it be, that the
> message will not forward ?
>
> Michael

I'm not sure what you mean - review
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for help with setting up
Exchange to handle Internet mail.

0
lanwench (7567)
12/23/2004 3:25:14 PM
Michael:

It might be an issue with DNS. The Exchange server might not be able to
resolve the recipient's domain or MX record.

Regards,
Martin

"Michael Kauert" <kauert@ttz.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote in message
> Recently I installed Exchange Server 2003 on Windoows Server 2003. Usually
> it is possible to use the server as an mailserver, too, if I correctly
> understand it. I get also messages about the mailserver sending to address
> exists there, but it is no possible to send messages over the server.
> After several hours I ever get a status message that the message will
> retard for a while but I should not send the message again. Unfortunatally
> I notice, that the message I send never reach the recipient. What reason
> could it be, that the message will not forward ?
>
> Michael

0
MartinHTN

Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close
When I close the excel application window return the following error message: Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 10.0.6713.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.3085 Offset: 00037efb I tried to lookup this error in the Knowlwdge Base from Microsoft but I cann't found how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for any help. Maybe try running Detect and Repair. Goto the Help menu, select Detect and Repair -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Sergio" <Sergio@discussions.microsoft.co...

GetProcAddress giving problems in Explicit linking
Hi, I have made a dll in visual basic and am trying to explicitly link to this dll in a Visual C++ client application, but although i am able to load this dll, i am unable to get the pointer to one of the function in this dll using GetProcAddress. Is it a problem with the datatypes that i have used to declare the function pointer in VC++ or is it some other problem, please help me out. Precisly this is how the exported function looks in VB Public Function RunShow(strFileName As String, strArrOfInputParams As Variant, strArrOfOuputParams As Variant) As Boolean and this is the funct...

Begineer with (seemingly) hard problem
Hi Guys, Can someone please help me out with this problem. In the spreadsheet there are 2 main colums I need to count. I have a set of results tables on the right that are lacking results :) So in Q5 I need a function that checks that the subject is a male, and they have Aspergers... count 1, then goto the next row and keep counting down the entire spreadsheet. Then in S5, obviously count all the females with Aspergers etc. etc..... I know it is probably easy and I should learn myself but if someone can tell me the first function or 2 that'd be fantastic. I just don't have time ...

Pass-Through Query problem in access 2007
I have an Access 2007 SQL Pass-Through Query to MS SQL Server 2000 that executes a stored procedure with parameters. The SP just inserts some rows in a table and returns an integer as a return code indicating success or failure. When the "ReturnRecords" property is turned on so the code is returned to the client, it appears that the query runs twice since the table shows twice as many rows inserted than it should. When the "ReturnRecords" property is turned off, the correct number of rows are inserted. This is a strange bug. Any ideas? I'm using an ODBC connection. Th...

Rounding problem #5
I have a series of 16 and 18 digit numbers that I am trying to store and work with. If for example I have the number 1234123412341234 and I leave the field unformatted I get '1.23412E+15' which is fine. If I change the cell formatting to 'number' w/o decimals I get '1234123412341230'. What has happened to my last '4'? Why is it now a cheeky '0'? This seems to happen with all digits after and including the 16th. Any help appreciated. Mark IEEE double precision (used by Excel and almost all other numerical software) can exactly represent all 1...

linker problem: function is searched in wrong library
hi all, i have a situation like this: - libA implements and dllexports function1 - libB makes use of function1 using dllimport - libB implements and dllexports function2 - myApp makes use of function1 and function2 and is linked against libA and libB when i try to start myAPP i get an error telling my that the entrypoint of function1 in libB could not be found :-( when i run my dependency walker (depends) on myAPP i see that function1 is in the export list of libA (that's correct so far!). i also see that function1 within the import list of libB and there it is shown as broke (red i ...

outlook 2000 text wrapping problem
Outlook just lost the ability to wrap text when typing a new message. The line extends without wrapping. Turning on Word as the text editor is a workaround but creates more overhead. Am using html formatting and has been working fine up till now. Tried running an MS Office repair but no luck....is there anything short of a complete uninstall/reinstall to solve the problem? Thanks! rockymtntuna <sschaefer@forethought.net> wrote: > Outlook just lost the ability to wrap text when typing a new message. > The line extends without wrapping. Turning on Word as the text > edit...

Problem changing global font size on my spreadsheet.
I use a MAC OS X 10.5.8 and am running Excel 2008 12.2.1. I copy/pasted a spreadsheet from one file to another (both were created on this version of Excel and on this machine). Now I see that my font sizes vary from 9 pt to 10 pt. When I highlight multiple cells, the font shows as 9 pt. I can see they are different. The only way I can change the size is to highlight each separate cell in the formula bar and change it from 10 to 9. Why can't I do this by highlighting the entire range? In addition, when I go through these motions, Excel changes the font color from black to gray!Anyone know w...

Strange Report display problem - XP and Vista
Hi, I have a strange problem in displaying of reports on Windows XP and Vista. My crosstab query display mission records for a particular month, for employees of my organisation. For example if I search by month of "April", the crosstab query will display all staff ( of different departments) who were on mission in April. On Windows Vista the report displays fine, that is the query only fetches records for APRIL. However on an XP system, apart from APRIL records, the report is repeating staff member names along with dates of arrival and exit of previous months. I hav...

wininet cinternetsession problem
Hi, My program sometimes hangs when I call CInternetsession::OpenURL. The problem is that sometimes the server I'm trying to connect to is down. I've tried setting a timeout with CInternetSession:SetOption but that doesn't work. How do I get the program to giveup trying to connect if the server is down instead of hanging? Any ideas? Thanks. DW. ...

Outlook/HTML/Text only problem.
I reformatted my TOSHIBA M35X Satellite (laptop) with XP Home SP2 last month, and now only MY e-mail account, http, (1 of 4 [2 http and 2 pop3]) opens all mail as text with an option to Read as html. The other 3 accounts do not have this problem. Either way, no links work in the message display UNLESS they are daily deliveries from MSN Groups or their ads. Outlook 2003 SP2 (Standard Edition.) What the h**l is wrong? Is this a new problem with Microsoft Office 2003? Are the items in the Junk E-mail folder? "Kelly J" <bikers46@msn.com> wrote in message news:eqL3PvM$FH...

TRACE problem
I am developping a project which will run for a long time before stop. And now there is sth odd happen: there is a runtime error occur after I run it for a day (some time is just for several hours). It has run for more than one day, it shouldn't be a loggic error, I think. I checked my code carefully, I don't see anything. Now, I put some TRACEs inside the code. The problem is there are too many TRACE messages, it exceeds that buffer of VC output window before application stop. I am thinking to save TRACE message into a file, do anybody know how to do that? Thanks. -- maggie ...

Problem with cloned BSP
Hello, I have cloned a BSP Freescale MX31. In this BSP there are three displays (ex. DIS1, DIS2, DIS3) and these displays set three environment variables (es. BSP_DIS1, BSP_DIS2, BSP_DIS3). I have added a new display (es. DIS4 with the variable BSP_DIS4) and I have modified the .cec file. When I add this display to my OS Design, a cross appears on the components due to a dependency problem. If I click with the right mouse button on the component, I read that I have to set the variables BSP_DIS1, BSP_DIS2, BSP_DIS3 !! Why ? Why this display is dependent on the others displays ?? ...

Notepad layout copy and paste problems.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to copy and paste a series of bulleted notes i have from one notebook layout document to another (actually in this case its simply on a different tab). But when i paste them it pushes all the notes to level one bulleting (all the way to the left). All the indents are gone. However, when I tried posting it on a normal blank page all of the bulleting copied over fine. Why wont the bulleting copy over from notepad to notepad? And what do i need to do so that it does? ...

Problems with Import: the company name does not get imported
I am trying to import my outlook contacts in CRM. The problem is that the company name does not get imported. Am I doing something wrong? What can I do in order to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for your help, Feliks Hi! I faced a similar problem. You can export the contacts to an excell file. Then you can move the "company" column to its own worksheet. After that, you need to import the company names into CRM as Accounts. You could use either the DMF or roll your own. I chose to roll my own. Also, since I am too lazy to move columns around in a spreadsheet. (I'm ...

Socket Problem
Hello everybody, I have a strange problem with socket communikation. I'm using MFC CAsyncSocket to devellop a client-server application. The client is a third party program which I cannot change. The client disconnects after sending a telegramm and reconnects for sending the next. Server listens to a port, client connects, server accepts and receives data. So far - so good. However, after a fiew telegramms succesfully send and received, the server gets no more data. The connect-accept works fine but there is no OnReceive after sending data. I've written a dummy client to reproduc...

Email Problem
I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned about this is because I do not use the Admin account for email other than for warnings inside the domain. How can I disable email for the Admin account? Thanks On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:59:57 -0600, "William" <william@email.com> wrote: >I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email >account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned >about this is because I do not use the A...

Problem entering numbers
Hello, I am having an awkward problem, on every sheet I use(Including new ones).. When I enter 100 it changes it to 1. When I enter 1000 it changes it to 10 When I enter 10000 it changes it to 100. I thought it was something to do with iteration in the tools>options menu but I have set both of them to 1 and they are unticked anyway and it shows the same problem. Can anyone help please?!?!? Thanks in advance John -- johncassell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johncassell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

Problem with Excel 97
After I open Excel and click on a sheet to open it, it acts like I want to drag and drop the sheet, but it won't let me drop it and it won't let me do anything else. Any idea what causes this and how to fix it? Are you writing about clicking on the worksheet tab to go to that sheet? If yes, then it might be that your mouse is sticking. I've had this problem (though I can't get it to occur right now!), but usually I just randomly click the mouse buttons (include the wheel button, too) and the problem goes away. David McRitchie has some notes at: http://www.mvps.org/dmc...

Problem with attachment
Outlook 2003 SP2 Exchange 2003 Whenever i send a Contact,distributionlist, task or any kind of outlook element as an attachment, its received as a mail-element by the recipient. This only happens when I'm sending mail to recipients outside our office network. Is there a cure for this "transformational disease"? Hopefully Odd Magne Jordal The message format needs to be rich-text, the recipients need to be = marked for rich-text, and the Internet Format setting in Tools | Options = | Mail Format needs to be set so that OUtlook does not convert the = message to HTML. --=20 Su...

Help with an excel graph problem
I created several worksheets, some with three columns of data, covering three years broken down by months, when I create a graph, highlight all three columns, use chart wizard, my values are way off in the graph, the highest value in the sheet is 810, the graph plots it at 2000, when I chart just one column of data,, no problem but as soon as I try to graph all three columns the values are off....I know there is a very simple solution , I just cannot figure it out....thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for not chuckling at me...at least not out loud. Sounds like you are stacking the t...

svchost.exe problem
Hi Please help me in solving this issue i am facing a problem in my company which to be seems like a conficker or other type of virus or trojan what this virus or trojan do to the PC's is:. 1. it change your PC to be a workgroup. 2. it stop the NET LOGON from services. 3. cannot access any share folder from any other PC. 4. disable change the computer name from my computer Properties. _______________________ what i did is: 1. scanning with mcafee and every time it gives me this message: "Blocked by Buffer Overflow Protection NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem
Good morning, Yesterday we were told by one of our clients that they have been intermittently receiving this message: ---clip-- Your message To: SOF; WS Subject: RE: Invitation Sent: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:24:59 -0700 did not reach the following recipient(s): WS on Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:31:59 -0700 Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:OSOURCE:SPINDOWN ---clip-- As far as I can tell, only this one person is having this problem. I have checked the MS KBs and everyone has a valid x.400 address, there's no firewall issues, reverse lookup problems, we...

HELP...Problems sending to secondary MX Record
I have recently installed Exchange 2003 and all has gone well apart from one problem. We have a few problems sending to certain email addresses. When i follow this up using SMTPDiag it appears that the primary mx record for the offending email address is inaccessible but the secondary mx record is OK. As far as i can tell, this means that our exchange server is not automatically sending to the secondary mx record, and consequently the email bounces back to the user saying "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified" - Time limits are set to 10 minutes. We used t...

userform problems with copy/paste and drop-downs
I created a series 19 userforms that the user will scroll through to enter data. After pilot testing the form, this comment was made: "Sometimes when we click back to the forms after reviewing and copying information, we are no longer able to paste content into cells or access pull-down menus. When this occurs, we need to open and close the program in order to get this to work." Any idea what could be going on here? Thanks. ...