Problems with mail enabled security groups

Exchange 2003 EE SP1
Windows 2003 SP1

Hi at All,

we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security
groups.

For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail
enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user
accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't
reach its target.

On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries :

SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing
SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue
SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer

But when we take the user accounts directly to this mail enabled security
group everthing works fine and the email reaches the user.

For two weeks we have installed the SP1 on our DC

Matthias:
    Did this mail-enabled group ever work?  Have you tried switching it to
be a Universal group?

Jim McBee
http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Matthias Br´┐Żuning" <matthias.braeuning@sca-schucker.de> wrote in message
> Exchange 2003 EE SP1
> Windows 2003 SP1
>
> Hi at All,
>
> we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security
> groups.
>
> For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail
> enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some
> user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email
> dosn't reach its target.
>
> On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries :
>
> SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing
> SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue
> SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer
>
> But when we take the user accounts directly to this mail enabled security
> group everthing works fine and the email reaches the user.
>
> For two weeks we have installed the SP1 on our DC

0
jim3287 (14)
6/30/2006 9:38:13 AM
Yes before two weeks it works without problems. I don't tried switching to
universal groups. Which one of these groups must be switched to an universal
group??

Matthias

"Jim McBee" <jim@somorita.SpamOuttaHere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Matthias:
>    Did this mail-enabled group ever work?  Have you tried switching it to
> be a Universal group?
>
> Jim McBee
> http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>
> "Matthias Br´┐Żuning" <matthias.braeuning@sca-schucker.de> wrote in message
>> Exchange 2003 EE SP1
>> Windows 2003 SP1
>>
>> Hi at All,
>>
>> we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security
>> groups.
>>
>> For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail
>> enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some
>> user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the
>> email dosn't reach its target.
>>
>> On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries :
>>
>> SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing
>> SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue
>> SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer
>>
>> But when we take the user accounts directly to this mail enabled security
>> group everthing works fine and the email reaches the user.
>>
>> For two weeks we have installed the SP1 on our DC

is second Security gorup mail enabled?

oz

--
Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu

MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
Http://www.msexchange911.org
Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)

"Matthias Bräuning" wrote:

> Exchange 2003 EE SP1
> Windows 2003 SP1
>
> Hi at All,
>
> we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security
> groups.
>
> For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail
> enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user
> accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't
> reach its target.
>
> On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries :
>
> SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing
> SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue
> SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer
>
> But when we take the user accounts directly to this mail enabled security
> group everthing works fine and the email reaches the user.
>
> For two weeks we have installed the SP1 on our DC

0
oz3871 (37)

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

formatting problem #5
How can I get Excel to change to colour of an entire row when I enter data in a specific cell? ie If I have data in the cell range A1...G1 and then I enter data in H1 I want Excel to change the colour of the entire row to indicate that the task is complete for that row, but still leave the data readable Thanks in advance -- srv5uk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ srv5uk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25006 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385314 Hi It sounds lik...

Exchange 2003 smtp queues e-mail delay outbound mails
Hello, Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. The outbound mails should be enable or not ? Thanks Rui On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:01:02 -0800, Rui <Rui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails >I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. > >The outbound mails should be enable or not ? > >Thanks >Rui > > They will be attempts at NDR's back to non existent senders following incoming spam m...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

Exchange Patch (KB912442) causes problem w/ share login accts
Exchange2003 std SP2 w/ Office 2003 & XP clients. We have several users who shares a computer, so instead of logging in w/ different users accts, I set them up w/ a shared logging and access Outlook w/ multiple Mail profiles. However, after installing KB912442, it blocks these users from sending emails. It gives them an message that the shared login doesn't have the right to send emails on behalf of this user. I checked the mailbox rights in AD Users and Computers, the shared login has Read & Full mailbox rights permissions. Any idea how to fix this. Thanks in advance. ...

new mail notification in 2003
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I no longer recieve new mail notification unless the message is in my Inbox. In previous versions you would get notifications as long as the folder the message went to was a sub folder of Inbox. Any ideas? This is by design. In your rules that you have setup to move messages from your Inbox to other folders, you can add "display a desktop alert" for each of those rules. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Brian" ...

Attachments in e-mail sent to many users
Hello All I am trying to find out how to send an e-mail attachment to a lot of different contacts in CRM 3.0. We were told there was a way but the instructions don't work. The e-mail goes to all the receipents but no attachment is every sent. Can someone please give me directions on how this is done. -- Thanks ...

problems in creating file dialog in tab control
Hi,I am creating a tab control and want to pop up a file dialog when clicking one tab page. but now, the file dialog was shown up at the same time with tab control, not after selecting one page. Could some guys help me? Thanks David GetClientRect(hwndParent,&rcClient); InitCommonControls(); hwndTabCtrl=CreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwndParent,NULL,g_hinst,NULL); if(hwndTabCtrl==NULL) AfxMessageBox("can't create tab control window"); m_tcitem.mask=TCIF_TEXT|TCIF_IMAGE; m_tcitem.iIma...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

mail que not sending
the exchange 2003 server has messages banking up in its out going queues. E-mails to external addresses are not sending. they are just sitting in the wue and constantly retrying. Ee-mails sent to internal e-mail adresses are working fine. what would be causing this? how do i get the messages to send again as they should? Hi Bill, How does your system send outbound email to the internet? Could be one of a few things, have you checked DNS, Internet Connectivity? Can you telnet to port 25 on the email systems which outbound messages are destin for? Are there any NDR's and what do the...

Cannot send mail using either port 25 or 587
I don't understand why this has only recently been happening but I cannot send mail using smtp in ol 2003. I am trying to send using my Yahoo account but the send receive says that it is sending messages that are not actually in the outbox, e.g (bottom rh corner of screen sending 2 of 3 messages when there are no messages there to send) then after a short while it says error send receive. My ISP is BT and apparently they block port 25 so I changed the port settings (as recommended by Yahoo) to port 587 but I still cannot send from within outlook. I have configured my e mail accou...

Configuration wizard problem.
I just installed Exchange Server 2003 enterprise edition.=20 Every thing in the install went fine. However when i go=20 through the configuration wizard inside the exchange=20 system manager i get this error There is no server on which this wizard can run. code: 104b56a and then it brings me to a screen that says: ---------------------------------- =B7 You cannot configure Exchange 5.5 or earlier versions to=20 send or receive Internet e-mail using the wizard, so these=20 servers are not available for selection =B7 You cannot run the wizard on Exchange servers that: =B7 Are part of a Wi...

how do i verify my e-mail address?
PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? And by verify you mean? "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Send an email to yourself? If it leaves your outbox and later on arrives in your inbox, everthing should be OK? Hope that answers your question. "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Start a...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

can't find how to confirm e mail address
i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address Outlook can't really help in that effort. What provider are you using for your email? "newcomer" <newcomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C58BB8B-64E8-4F62-B223-54D946846A9A@microsoft.com... >i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address ...

Problem inserting in-line images
I am using Word 2003. Generally when I want to insert an image in a document I successfully use Insert..Picture...from file. I can then right click and add a caption is I want to. This is the preferred setting for me as i like to be able to easily add text before and after the picture. Hence my default settting (under Options...Edit) is 'Insert/paste pictures... Inline with text. I am having a problem with one particular document today (and I have seen it occasionally in the past) when I use the above method but the image gets hidden behind the text above. If I open a new...

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

Broke mail
Whats causing this ? only thing in the event viewer is Event Type: Warning Event Source: Marc3Host Event Category: None Event ID: 6204 Date: 21/02/2007 Time: 17:54:30 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Plugin DSScheduler reports exception. Data Sources: Builder failed. Additional info: Could not resolve url For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. been trying to remove a 2007 server but its infected everything it seems Marc3Host? What's that? You've probably got something else installed on the Exchange server....

MFC SDI Exe to OCX conversion problem
Hi, I have used below link for MFC SDI Exe to OCX conversion problem. Its well-known link of scribble example. http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp In this example , framewindow is used as WS_CHILD so it doesnt give menu bar. But I need menu bar so I have made WS_POPUP style. But the program crashes in CDocument destructor when I close IE . In this statement: m_pDocTemplate->RemoveDocument(this); I am unable to understand why it happens. Please help. Thanks, Dhaval ...

more problems with windows mail
I changed the port # for outgoing mail and it works.... but now I can't receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows. What do I do? Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help. Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "ms" wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313...

Modified Reports security #2
Hello everyone, I was curious of anyone else out there has recognized issues with Dynamics GP 10.0 and Windows Server 2008 recognizing the forward slash (/) to the shared modified forms and reports dictionaries in the Dynamics.set file. We have had issues with not being able to open Report writer unless we change the forward salashes to back slashes. We have also found that one of our Third Party modules' modified reports shows up in customization maintenance but does not show the option to select the modified window in Security. Has anyone else recognized similar symptoms? Thanks...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

want certain junk mail to auto go into junk folder
want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. Bufilly wrote: > want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder > instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want > Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. What Outlook can do depends on which version you are using but didn't bother to identify. You could use the Blocked Senders blacklist....

Error When Creating E-mail Message
I posted this earlier and never got an answer.. I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That ...