Problems with Internet Mail Service

My company has both an Exchange server (5.5) and internet
mail server (hosted by a third party).

In Exchange, I have created a custom recipient with a smtp
address. When I tried to send an email to this custom
recipient, he did not receive the mail!

I have checked that:
- Internet Mail Service has started
- custom recipient's smtp address is valid
- message delivery is set to DNS

Can anyone please advise what has gone wrong?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

exchange mailbox system account problem
Hi I have win 2000 sp4 domain , the exchange 2000 sp3 installed on it my problem is that i have 2 Accounts for the SystemMailbox user object , down the exchange system objects in the Active Directory i know which one is the right one , but my qustion is : should i delete the other one , and why it had created if its unnessesary , also its disabled , should I enable these accounts too for any Help i'll Appreciate very much Thanks in Advance Maged N. Roshdy ...

Deleting and existing Page Tab is causing problem with other Tabs?
I inherited an 2007 application which has 5 Tabs as the starting menu (Home, Display, Orders, Changes, Transportation). The Changes Tab is no longer needed. When I delete the associated Table and Form along with the Page Tab itself, it cause the application to malfunction resulting in giving me pop up dialog box "Enter Parameter Value... OK or Cancel" and lists "Forms!home!Text 40". Text Box 40 is on one of the other (not deleted) menu pages and is used is the expression fields of the 'criteria' in 3 of the queries. It also causes a simular dialog bo...

Contacts problem #7
When I use the 'categories view in Outlook 2002 some (about 25%) of the addresses do not show. If I click on the name the address is on the card but does not show up in the address column of any category. Names, phone, numbers, fax number, etc. shows up but no address. Anyone know the remedy for this? Thanks. ...

hidden received mail notification icon
The received mail (envelope) icon is hidden in the notification area in Outlook 2003. I'd like it to always appear when new unopened e-mail is present. Tools->options->email options->advanced e-mail options - check the box to show new mail notifications. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Stanley asked: | The received mail (envelope) icon is hidden in the | notifica...

problem with address list/contacts folder
Hi, I have recently had to do a clean reinstallation of windows, and then reinstalled Outlook. I had back ups of the .pst files, and copied them into the relevant directories (local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook). I now realise this is not the way to do it and I should've used import/export. All of my data seems to have been successfully re-instated (email messages, calendar, contacts etc). But I when I write emails, Outlook will not look up addresses from my contacts. It says "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this addr...

Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed
When installing CRM 3.0 y get this error: Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed. Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server https://publishing.Secintcon.local/reportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Any help would be appreciated. R.P. Try browsing to the URL outside of the installation, to make sure you have the URL correct... Boolean1 "Richard P" <RichardP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:009EE8BD-B590-4C9D-8A5E-EDACAF71CB02@microsoft.com... > When installing CRM 3.0 y get this...

internet et aol
Bonjour � tous, Petit probl�me sans doute r�current, je viens de d�sinstaller AOL, et internet explorer ne d�marre pas, il se bloque sur une fichier inexistant : programfiles; aoltoolbar; welcome........ Une ligne qui tra�ne quelquepart !!! Que puis-je faire SVP ? Merci beaucoup Mary Mellieur solution pour vous est pour vous faire de contacte avec AOL directemente -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mary" <sauveton.mary@aliceadsl.fr> wrote in ...

Wierd E-Mail Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080002040000030202030407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Greetings All, System Info: OLXP w/ AVG (Free) Antivirus I've been developing a problem receiving e-mail from GMail with OL. Initially, I would not be able to download an e-mail with an attachment > 2MB in size. OL would attempt to download it, but it would not arrive in the Inbox. I would log into GMail, from its homepage, and forward it to another e-mail account. Then OL would download it without any...

Outbound E-mail Suffix CRM:xxxxxxxx
Hi everyone, How do I get rid of the tracking suffix CRM:xxxxxx from all of the outbound e-mails ? Is there any workflow issue if this tracking number is not attached in outbound e-mails ? I don't believe it makes a good impression if the cusomters receive e-mails with tracking info attached hence we want to get rid of this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, You can get rid of the E-mail suffix CRM:xxxxxxx by following these instructions: Use an account such as systems administrator who has the correct privileges to access organizational settings. 1. At the bottom of the n...

Excessive e-mail size for just text
When using Outlook 2000, writing a simple e-mail in HTML format, with a few colors of text, once sent the e-mail file size becomes either 32MB or 44MB in size. When the text is cut and pasted into Word, the file size is very small (~15-25kb), when re-pasted into a new e- mail, the size increases again. What is happening? is it 32 or 44 MB (megs) or 32 KB? if it's megs, some thing is seriously wrong... if it's KB, check the setting in tools, options, general, email, general. Set it to strip html to be the smallest (High) - not totally sure 2000 has the option though. :( However ...

Mail Sent As Plain Text instead of RTF
I've configured my Outlook 2000 to send email as RTF, however all email is sent as plain text. David Johnson <djohnson@jsatech.com> wrote: > I've configured my Outlook 2000 to send email as RTF, Why in the world would you want to do that? -- Brian Tillman ...

How wants to take a stab at this problem(comparing)
I started to get some help but it didnt work so Let me try and explain this better. On some worksheet say 3, I have a certain cell say B20 that is lookin to match the value C20 and D20 from columns N and Q from worksheet 2 when it finds this match it will concatentate from that same row th text values in A and C in worksheet 2. now the cell below B20 so B2 will do the same thing only it will look for a match of values in C2 and D21 from the same columns (N and Q) from worksheet 2. and if i finds the match it will also concatenate the corrisponding vales fro that row from columns A and C in w...

"file cannot be opened because there are problems with contents"
I have Word 2007 running on Windows Vista. I need to know how to repair a ".docx" file Word can't open or repair: the error details say, "Unspecified error ... Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2 Column: 69311" I am able to open and edit the /word/document.xml part, but can't guess where "Column 69311" is. Could you please direct us to online info on how to interpret and respond to these error messages? Thanks. IN the File>Open dialog, try opening it with the Recover text from any file option. -- Hope this helps. Ple...

Problem with Go Offline 04-25-05
I do not seem to be able to go offline. After I hit the button, the dialog box comes up and I just click OK. Then the Downloading status dialog box comes up with Initializing.... and then eventually (about 3 seconds) “`(null)’ is not configured as a Distributor” and after that “Metadata Cache Error”. I have no problems with CRM SFO 1.2 online. Any Ideas? You have an invalid SQL Server 2000 replication configuration (publisher, distributor, subscriber). Most likely the configured identity that runs the distribution jobs (i.e. the Distributor Agent) is incorrect or does not have su...

Exchange mail enabled contact
Hi All, I hope someone might have come across this. I need to audit changes to the exchange object that are contacts that become mail enabled or disabled. We had about 20 mail enabled contacts get removed and need to know who or how they were removed. The AD contact is still in Active Directory, it’s just the mail enabled aspect is gone. We are using Exchange 2007 SP1 rollup 9. Thank you for any knowledge on this!! On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:19:04 -0800, Rob M <RobM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I hope someone might have come across this. I ne...

Problem in mails outgoing
Hi I have installed a exchange 2000 server for testing. but since i have installed the same i m not able to send mail outside my domain internal mails are working fine. On my network NAT is enabled and i do have access to the net. I am able to telnet the sever. My DNS is working fine. SMTP service is working fine. I am able to see the mails queue in exchange system manager and not a single mail is going out. Please help me how can i send my mails to outsie my domain. If you required any other information please do lemme know i will provide you the same. Thankx in advance. Jitender "...

send the file to a mail recipient nothing happens
When I right click on a file and try to send the file to a mail recipient nothing happens. I tried sending office file, Exel files and even txt file. I am using outlook 2003 and everything works fine execpt for this. I have check my internet options and Microsoft is listed as the default mail client. Thanks Flovas ...

Outlook Encountered a Problem and Needs To Close
I am getting an error when outlook does its send and receive. The message is as follows: Microst Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Under more information: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.5709.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00019ecd I have: Scanned for viruses -- none found Rebuilt the laptop -- still encounter the error Archived old messages Encounter the same problem when I use my .pst file on another system. Any help is appreciated. try creating a new default PST file. "JohnH" <anonymo...

Star Printer Problem
I have been running v1.3 for 3 weeks now with no problem. Today, my TSP100 printer is now going into "Pause" mode and is not printing. I'm trying to get in contact with Star support, but in the meantime, if anyone had advice please drop a line. Thanks. Steve, Make sure you've got plenty of paper in it and you might want to blow out any paper dust. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setu...

.swf problem...msc.
I can't get .swf videos to load from my Outlook Express program - actually they won't load from anywhere. I d/l a program that would play them if I did a save in the e-mail. I gave up on that. I didn't want an extra program on my system, and it was a pain in the ..... Also when I use Sun Java in Yahoo Euchre, each time I click on a table I the table comes up under the main grid of tables. If I use Microsoft VM all works well. Any ideas. Thank you, George Mooth wrote: > I can't get .swf videos to load from my Outlook Express > program Outlook Expres...

Compatibility problem
At my office, they have exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. When I receive an appointment from outside my office (let say from outlook 2003), it's an attachment file name meeting.ics I can't open it. We've done the update (office sp3) and the problem is still there. The version of exchange we have is 5.5 Thanks Mark Hi, You just repair your outlook or reinstall full fuctions means customized installation. Then check it file . ok "Mark" wrote: > > > At my office, they have exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. > > When I receive an appointment fro...

new mail sound plays intermittently
I have set my options to play a sound when new mail arrives. This sound does not play all of the time however. It only plays sometimes and I cannot distinguish when it will play and when it won't. How do I get it to play a sound EVERY SINGLE TIME I get a new message? "Becky" <bmorphy@igc.com> wrote in message news:038a01c35b89$ccae7ba0$a301280a@phx.gbl > I have set my options to play a sound when new mail > arrives. This sound does not play all of the time > however. It only plays sometimes and I cannot distinguish > when it will play and when it won&#...

Why do I have to sign in to Network for e-mail
I use LAN for internet, and have set up three e-mail addresses with this one account and everytime I want to send or receive I have to sign in withthe network user and password for each account. Is there a setting that can change this? Barb, you wrote on Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:44:06 -0700: > I use LAN for internet, and have set up three e-mail addresses with this one > account and everytime I want to send or receive I have to sign in withthe > network user and password for each account. Is there a setting that can > change this? What version of Outlook and Windows are you...

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Solver Problem with IF function
Hello All, I am trying to determine the most cost effective cell phone rate plan based on the amount of minutes a user has in the past month. I have set up a table of rates (i.e. 49.99 per month, 1000 plan minutes, .35 per minute for overage usage, 59.99, 69.99, etc) and I am attempting to set up solver to minimize the total cost of the bill by changing the user's plan to the most cost effective plan rate. Currently cost is calculated by adding the plan cost (49.99 per month) and adding the overage usage (minutes over plan X .35). The problem I have is building the calculation for the o...