Problems with Exch. System Manager on local workstation

I'm am trying to run Exchange System Manager from my own computer which
is Windows XP.

I start the program with my Exchange Admin credentials and it comes up
fine.  I can perform all of my duties except when I click on Client
Permissions of a public folder I receive this error.

The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft
Exchange server computer failed.
MAPI 1.0
ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000
ID no: C1050000
Exchange System Manager

I have looked at the following MS KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842019 unfortunately to no avail.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

Problem changing parent Business unit
WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy, however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2 child business units). We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units. We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local...

Integration Manager 9.0 issues after upgrade
I'm curious if there are any breaking changes in IM 9.0? After upgrading to 9.0, a number of previously working integrations have stopped working. It appears that they will still work if only one document is queried. The integration is based on two source tables, a header and details table with a destination of General Journal. Any suggestions? This is a silly quesiton, but did you reset you destinations? Also, did you just uninstall the older version and then reinstall version 9 and point it at the old IM.mdb file? -- www.fmtconsultants.com "R Zelt" wrote: > I...

Problem w/ Outlook
I'm running Office XP and all of a sudden I can't move messages to other folders not delete messages from my Inbox. It doesn't give me a specific error code, just suggests that I restart Outlook. I've tried that with no success. I went to ControlPanel and repaired my Office installation. Any ideas? Eudora is looking beter all the time. ...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Problems with Outlook 2003
This only happens with externally sent messages. Internal messages work fine. One of my users alerted me to this issue, so I tested this myself. I created 2 messages (internal and external) and added delayed delivery to both. They were both set to go out at the same time. The internal message went, and the external message is still in the outbox. The user who alerted me to this found her message went "before" the scheduled time.We are not running in cached mode and of course running Outlook on Exchange. Is this a bug? ...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

Migrating from Exch 2000 to 2003
We're in the middle of migrating thousands of users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Our 2000 users are experiencing a problem where anytime they are sent an e-mail from a 2003 user, they receive the e-mail as an attachment rather than a regular readable e-mail. They have to open the attachment to read it. We also are going through a Trend Viruswall server for virus cleaning, and have a Netscape mail server in the mix as well. Has anyone seen this? ...

Windows XP Shared PC
We are using Outlook 2000. The PC, which already had Microsoft Office 2000 loaded on it, was upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I then created Windows XP logons for all four people that will be sharing this PC. When I did, the Outlook shortcut automatically ended up on the desktop of each person when they individually logged in. When I clicked the shortcut the first time I went in to each person's desktop, I setup the mail account for JUST THAT PERSON. And when I go back and log into each person's desktop it still shows ONLY THEIR ACCOUNT. However, whatever mail they receive ALS...

2003 OL with contact manager
Hi I would like to in-port Quick Books data , namely customers and vendors, and other names into OL contact manager.... can anyone tell me what QB files they are and what each is? Thanks David Have you tried Intuit support? Outlook would have no way of knowing what export types QuickBooks uses. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RDavid asked: | Hi ...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Shared workbook and VBA problem
Shared workbook and VBA problem Hi Group, I am new at this Excel stuff and I am hitting my head on a silly problem that I am sure many have seen before. I wrote a very simple spreadsheet where I use the Calendar control to pick some dates. Everything was fine until I decided that I needed to share it on the network with other users. As soon as I share it the calendar control stops working. I get a "runtime error 1004, unable to set left property of oleobject class". That's because the first thing I try to do is position the calendar. If I don't do that, it still doesn't...

Transfering to new EXCH Server.
We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can reformat the old machine. Mailbox transfers are complete and the new box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP. I am able to receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck in the queue. I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned, and I have nothing in routing. Im not very familiar with these settings. Is the problem the old exchange server? Is there a way to remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine? My non deliverables come back with this error message. ...

outlook express 6 password problem
Help I have outlook express 6, windows xp. My internet provider just changed from att broadband to comcast. now i keep getting a password rejected error and i cant receive any mail. i cant seem to find a way to shut off the password. in my wifes page of xp it works ok. Hi, Bill - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these n...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

Hebrew Oulook problem solved
Removing the com add-in Outlook Attachment remover solved the problem. ...

Crystal Reports problem 07-11-05
Hi, Client was seeing the usual logon problem when trying to access reports. Tried re-starting all services and this error disappeared but now isn't showing any reports at all. Checked all the files and databases and can't see where the problem is - any suggestions please. By the way this is post install - no one has yet been prompted to install the activex viewer. Hello Pete, This could be Active Directory related. Could you check you added the Microsoft CRM server and the SQLServer computer to the Pre-Winodws 2000 Compatible Access group? This solved a number of problems at ...

Date Problem #2
Hi All Please can someone advise me what to do, I have a date in a textbox where I am using the AddDate method to increment the day , but I am getting strange results. Is this because the US date? if so how do I change this to work for the UK date? Any help would be greatly appreciated regards Subs Hiya- i'm not sure what formula you're using- I put a random date in A1 and pasted the following formula in B1 & C1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+1) it increased the day by 1 in both cells. I then changed the format to UK and it worked just fine. Is this what you're l...

clip art preview problem
I just downloaded the new microsoft security pack and now my Clip Art function on all of my office programs will not display a preview from the Online Clip Art search program. I know it searches because lots of boxes come up and some of them will insert and show up in my document if I double click them. but I can't spend all of my time inserting them into my document to see if they are the ones I want. A few times the Office Assistant has said that a picture is not available because I do not have the right graphic converter and to press help for more info - that just takes me in ...

Paying Bills
Hello, I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for payment. I can only create one bill for the first account # I do not see how to add a second bill for my second account # Is there a way around this? Thanks Frank Money 2004 Yes. Use different payees like MasterCard {hers} and MasterCard {his}. The braces ant their contents make this work and suppress the contents when, say, printing a check. "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oln2RCfQEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for paymen...

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dl...

IE8 Tab Problem
Is there a way to get all the tabs I am using in a session to show the next time I open my browser? In IE7 whatever tabs I was using I had it set to open them all up the next time I used my browser but IE8 doesn't allow that option. Is there a work around? Had I known this was not a feature I wouldn't have been dumb enough to click on the download when I was on Facebook as the way it is set up now is not convenient. Appreciate any answers you may have. Thanks. If you click on downloads in Facebook, you /are/ dumb. But I'll bet you're smart enough to us...